Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ You Will Be Mine ❯ And I don't believe in wasting time ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3

And I don't believe in wasting time

Pan was sitting on Bra's bed, watching the house robots sweep up the lasts bits of glass and even replacing the broken pieces in the window frame. Those robots were getting more versatile every year, she observed. She smiled, remembering the many windows that she, Bra, Goten and Trunks had broken. Perhaps it had been a necessary addition to their program.

She could hear low humming coming from behind the closed bathroom door. Bra really was taking her time. What on Earth could she be doing in there? She did not understand how anyone could spend longer than ten minutes in a shower, unless they were with someone else. Washing yourself did not take that much time, did it?

Bored, she glanced around the room. Bra had obviously been changing everything again. Had she had that pink couch last week, or that cute little silver table? Those posters were definitely new. Old black and white movie posters, Pan reckoned. They looked good on the pale lavender walls.

She sniggered. The walls were almost exactly the color of Trunks' hair. Would Bra have done that on purpose? She could perfectly imagine Bra dragging Trunks to the paint store to compare his hair to the colors there, and making him carry everything back, too.

"What are you laughing about?" Bra demanded, coming out of the bathroom, while drying her hair with a pink towel. Another pink towel was wrapped around her curvy figure.

"Nothing to concern your pretty little head with," Pan teased. "I can't believe even your towels match your room," she continued, looking at the other girl with dislike.

Bra grinned. "I have always been better at designing than you, and you know it." She dropped the towels shamelessly. Pan tried to not look very jealous as the blue-haired girl squeezed herself in very tight jeans and a dark purple tank-top. She had always been the better fighter, despite the fact that Bra was a half Saiyan and she was only a quarter; but Bra would always be the prettiest of them.

She huffed, throwing a pillow at her best friend's head. "Yeah, and you're obsessive."

Bra smiled angelically. "You say that like it's a bad thing." She dropped down on the bed next to Pan, grabbed a brush seemingly out of nowhere and started brushing her still wet hair back. "So, what are we going to do today?"

Pan shrugged and let herself fall backwards on the bed, sinking deep between the covers. The dark purple blanket itched under her bare arms and she scratched her elbow, slightly irritated. "What do you want to do?" she asked, looking at Bra upside down.

"I'd say shopping, but you won't come with me anyway," Bra grinned down at her friend.

Pan scrunched her nose. "Well, actually, I could use some new clothes." She decided not to add the words 'a whole new style', because that would make Bra drag her through stores until Pan had a wardrobe as big as hers. She did need a new style if she wanted to get to Trunks, though. Not too different, no skanky clothes. Something decent but appealing.

"Really?" Bra exclaimed enthousiastically. "It's been ages since we went shopping!"

Pan nodded, slightly distracted. Was she insane, doing this for a guy? She had once promised herself that a guy should like her for who she was, not for how she appeared. She was not about to take that back, but seduction had to do with bodies. How was Trunks supposed to like her body if he couldn't even see it, hidden under layers of wide clothing?

"You're too silent," Bra observed. "There is a catch. You want me to spar with you, don't you?"

Pan smirked. She hadn't even thought about it, but Bra had handed her a good idea. "Yes."

Bra sighed dramatically. "Fine. First shopping, then sparring."

Pan's stomach growled loudly. Bra glanced at her best friend. "I thought you'd gotten food?"

Pan blushed brightly. "Ah, well, yes, I… didn't."

Bra raised an eyebrow - a Briefs trick that Pan was insanely jealous of. "Why not?" she asked.

"There was… a- a bit of an incident," Pan stuttered, waving her hand in the air.

"Incident?" Bra repeated, unbelievingly.

"Yes, well, never mind now. Hurry up, I'm hungry!" Pan jumped off the bed and ran out of the room, refusing to look at the blue-haired girl.

*^*^*^*^*

Pan halted in the doorway. Trunks was sitting at the kitchen table, reading the newspaper and stuffing his mouth with sandwiches. He did not acknowledge her. Neither did his father, who was sitting in front of him.

"Hey, Pan," Bulma called from where she stood at the refrigerator. "You're early."

Pan smiled sheepishly and walked into the room. "Yeah. Bra and I are going shopping."

Vegeta looked up. "So you will be sparring, later." He did not even ask, he knew.

Bra beamed at her father, breezing into the kitchen, brushing past her friend. "Are we that predictable?" she asked, smiling sweetly.

"Yes," Trunks confirmed without looking up. Bra hit him over the head without even pausing her walk and Pan sniggered from her spot in the doorway.

Trunks looked up at her. "I need to talk to you, Pan," he said, his voice low and serious.

Crap. Her heart began to beat ten times as fast. What was it, now? "Go right ahead," she said lightly, not quite looking him in the eyes. Everyone in the kitchen seemed to be watching them.

"You don't want to talk about that here," he said, smiling coolly.

Her heart thundered. Crap. She wasn't ready to talk, would probably never be ready to talk about this. Since when did people talk in games like these?

"Fine," she said, still not looking at him. "Now?"

He stood up, answering her question without words.

Bra looked at them oddly. "What's this? You're keeping a secret from us, aren't you?"

"Obviously," said Trunks, a big, fake smile on his face. Bra merely growled at him.

Pan sighed, threw her hands up in the air and stalked out of the room. "And again with the foodlessness," she grumbled under her breath. She stalked to Trunks' room without looking back to see if he followed her.

She heard him closing the door behind her. Her hands were trembling, her stomach clenching. She bit her lip and clenched her fists so tight that her nails were digging in her flesh. She was afraid, terrified that he was angry with her for what she did. She had never liked Trunks being angry with her, but this was different. She was playing for high stakes now. How could she ever have Trunks if he was furious with her?

"We need to set rules."

She turned around, looking at him in surprise. "What?"

Trunks looked at her, his face oddly emotionless. "Rules. The way it is now, you're the only one who can win. I can only not lose."

She fumbled with her hands, pressing the nails of her left hand in the fingertips of the other. She hadn't even thought about that. She had just thought about how she would win, how she would have to win.

"You are supposed to lose," she said, but the nervous tremble in her voice ruined the effect her words were supposed to have. He only smirked at her.

"I reckoned a time limit should do the trick. You'll have till the next full moon," he continued.

Only until the next full moon?! "I wasn't thinking in deadlines when this started," she said indignantly, chewing on the inside of her cheek.

"You're saying you can't do it?" He smiled at her languidly. She could have drowned in his half-lidded eyes had she not been this angry with him. Why did he have to look so good when he was being so arrogantly evil?

"Ofcourse I can do it," she huffed, aggrieved, before she realised she had fallen for his trick.

He smirked again. "Great, that's settled."

She could have smacked herself.

"Oh, and what's at stake?"

Pan looked at him again, trying not to let alarm show up on her face. "Stake..?" she repeated stupidly.

"If you lay a wager, there has to be something at stake," Trunks explained calmly. She wanted to claw that smug expression off his face.

"Now, what can you get me that I want? It's obvious that you'll get what you want if you win," he went on. As usual, his arrogant attitude awoke conflicting emotions in her. She hated it, because it was at her expense, but Dende did he look sexy when he was pleased with himself. She seethed and ignored the burning feeling in her lower abdomen.

"Maybe there is something I want even more than you, Trunks Vegeta Briefs," she hissed.

"I think not," Trunks said, very self-satisfied. "I would have given you anything for your birthday and you knew that. I am what you want."

"I hate you, Trunks," she fumed, clenching her fists even tighter.

He didn't even hide his amusement. "Sure you do." She growled, but he ignored her.

"So I was thinking, if I win, you could get me a date with Marron," he continued airily.

Her mouth dropped. "What?!"

"She really is quite the cutie, but I never got around to asking her out. You know her better than me, now, so why don't you set something up when you lose?"

She stared at him in disbelief. He was looking back at her, not smirking now, that odd, emotionless look in his eyes.

"You want me to get you a date with Marron," she repeated, still staring at him. He nodded, gazing back at her.

She looked away. "You know I said I hate you, right?" she said, her voice void of emotion. He did not answer.

"I was wrong. This is hate." She strode out of the room, not even looking at him.

"That's settled, then," he called after her, his voice echoing through the hallway. "It's a bet."

~*^*#$#*^*~

AN: Still letting the story be carried too much by the dialogue, I fear. *blushes* Trying to work on that, you know. Chose which way this story is going, thanks to Qimm and Icegaze, so now we're actually working with a plot! That's new. Also, the Noseless Wonder betaed this. Thanks a lot, girl!

So, what's Trunks up to? And how is Pan going to win this bet? Is she even going to win? Find out next time on 'You will be mine' *winks*