Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ You Will Be Mine ❯ An unwritten law says a girl should wait ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4

An unwritten law says a girl should wait

"There is a very thin line between love and hate."

Pan started as Vegeta came out of the shadows of the hallway. The Prince of the Saiyans seemed to look down at her, even though he was only an inch taller. He had a way of holding himself that made her feel like she was a low being, only grudgingly accepted in his personal space. She knew he was doing it on purpose, but it made her nervous. Well, at this moment it only succeeded in pissing her off more.

"You were eavesdropping," she growled, baring her teeth at the man.

He chuckled haughtily. "Perhaps you should not talk so loud." He cocked his head, smirking at her. "I already knew what you were up to, anyway."

She narrowed her eyes. "Care to explain?"

"A Saiyan female in heat. Do you really think I wouldn't notice?" The smirk on his face was so much like his son's that she had to keep herself from smacking him.

"Do you really think that you can claim him as yours? You're nothing but a low class. You're not even half Saiyan," Vegeta continued.

Pan shook her head, seeting while fighting to keep her power level under control. "Like father, like son," she spat and walked down the hallway as fast as she could without running, trying to ignore the saiyan's arrogant laughter behind her.

She stomped down the stairs angrily. "I hate Saiyan men," she growled to herself and kicked an unsuspecting umbrella stand. It fell over with a bang and several umbrellas fell out. She uttered a dirty explitive and bent over to pick up the mess.

She was furious with Trunks, but even more furious with herself. How could she have thought that Trunks would have let her get away with things so easily? Trunks was like her - he did everything he possibly could to win a bet and he would not be satisfied with merely not losing. But it was not fair. She had not started this… game, if you like, to seduce him in a short period of time, she had merely stated that she wanted him and was going to have him. She hadn't even considered the idea of a deadline, it was ridiculous. The only reason why she had said anything about wanting him in the first place, was that she wanted Trunks to see her as an adult and as possibly sexually interesting. Had she not said anything, he would have looked at her as his little sister for the rest of his life.

It would not have been too hard to work from possibly sexually interesting to definitely sexually interesting, if she had the time. But it was not even a month until the next full moon. The whole thing was impossible and Trunks new it. He had found the way to put her down by giving her an unfeasible task. Especially when she had to get him a date with Marron if-if? When, more likely, she lost. Did he want her to hate him?

She abruptly sat down on the cool floor, next to the fallen umbrella stand. Or had that been his purpose? She knew she had shocked him immensely by her words the night before, that the mere idea of her lusting after him bewildered him beyond reason. Was his intention to make her despise him so much that she did not want him anymore?

It was just the idea for Trunks, she huffed, faintly grinning. He would think he was saving their friendship. He just did not realise, the stupid goof, how hard it was for her to be friends with him when she could not even think straight when she was around him.

She suddenly smirked wickedly. Oh, but he would realise. Impossible task or not, she was going to give him one hard time.

"Finally," Bra called indignantly when Pan once again stepped into the kitchen. "I have been waiting for hours! Just what have you two been doing?"

Pan made a face. "I just listened to your male family members being assholes." She made a pass for the table, but the older girl grabbed her by her arm and started dragging her outside. "No food," she said firmly. "You should have thought about that before you went and spend ages in Trunks' room."

"But Bra," whimpered Pan pitifully, "it wasn't my fault!"

Bra shook her head. "No buts, little lady, you simply shouldn't have picked my brother over me."

Pan opened her mouth to say something, but Bra cut her off. "I said no."

Pan shook her head, chuckling in amused exasperation, and let herself be dragged away. "Fine, slave-driver."

Only when Bra pushed her out of the kitchen she seemed to notice something.

"Pan?"

The black-haired girl raised her eyebrows. "Yes?"

Her friend was looking at her, a bemused frown on her pretty face. "Since when do you actually show cleavage?"

Pan self-consciously crossed her arms over her chest. "Since I have this shirt and actually like it," she answered, hoping that she did not blush. She did in fact like the shirt, despite the fact that she wasn't very comfortable in it. It was tight and dark red and if she looked down she could see more of her breasts than she was used to. It did, however, show off her figure nicely without making it seem as if that was her intention. It surprised her that the blue-haired girl had not noticed it before now, being the fashion freak that she was. Bra had never been a morning person, though. The girl would probably miss her father in a pink skirt if it was early.

The blue-haired girl had been looking at her oddly, one eyebrow raised, but now she smiled happily. "It looks good on you, Pan," she said sincerely and continued dragging her friend outside.

*^*^*^*^*

It was almost noon and the shopping was over for today. Pan and Bra were sitting in an outdoor café; Bra sipping a milkshake through a straw, Pan shoving French fries into her mouth at an alarming rate. People rushed past them on the sidewalks, not even taking their time to enjoy the sunlight. Pan shook her head as she looked at them. There were reasons why she preferred the countryside to the city, and the apparent inability of city folk to enjoy simple things like the weather was one of them. Only the people who were sitting in outdoor cafés like them seemed to be basking themselves in the warming rays.

The sun was getting hot. Pan almost felt sorry that she had not let Bra talk her into changing into her new shorts instead of the heavy, dark jeans she was wearing now. She was going to have to find something cooler for the sparring, she decided and sighed. As if it wasn't enough that she was actually wearing this shirt. The weather was against her.

"So are you going to tell me what's up with you and Trunks?" Bra questioned out of nowhere.

Pan almost choked on a french fry. "Definitely not," she threw out before going into a coughing fit.

Bra slapped her on the back, perhaps a little harder than necessary. "I'm your friend, Pan. I deserve to know what's going on in your life, especially when it involves my dearest brother."

Pan wiped the tears from coughing so hard out of her eyes. "It's nothing, Bra, really."

Bra held her milkshake up to her friend, offering her a draught, but Pan waved it away.

The blue-haired girl looked at her intently, unnerving her friend. "I know," she said thoughtfully. Pan bit the inside of her cheek, confused and a bit frightened. Had the other girl heard their conversation? Could she mind-read as her dad sometimes could?

"He got you pregnant and he's trying to get you to get rid of it," Bra decided happily.

Pan went into another coughing fit. Bra slapped her on the back again, giggling.

"Bra!" Pan yelled when she could breathe again, blushing fiercely. "How can you even think that? And why would Trunks have gotten me pregnant in the first place?!"

"Oh, come on, Pan," Bra scoffed. "I've seen the way you look at him. Plus, you're an attractive girl and Trunks is a player, he'll do you. There's no reason for you two not to get on with the baby making."

"Bra, please!" Pan exclaimed, bewildered. "As if I want to do that with every cute guy I know. Besides, did you even consider the age difference?"

Bra smiled, very self-satisfied. The resemblance with Trunks was uncanny; nobody could doubt she was his sister when she did that. "We're Saiyans, Pan. Perhaps you didn't notice, but we don't age like humans do. Why do you think Goten and Trunks, or even our dads still look so young?"

Pan glared at her. "I'm not stupid, Bra. But the fact that we're Saiyans doesn't mean that my human side doesn't make a point out of the age issue." That was true, and that, beside the fact that they were friends and their families were so close, bothered her most. She knew that Saiyans aged slower than normal human beings, she could see it with Vegeta and Bulma and her own parents. Goten and Trunks barely looked older than her and Bra - despite the fact that they were thirteen and fourteen years their seniors - but mentally, they were older. They had much more life experience than the girls. The fact that the next generation of Z-fighters were all friends was strange enough - that two of them could get a relationship to work out would be a small miracle.

Bra shrugged her shoulders. "Maybe you're right," she admitted, "but I personally never made an issue out of it, I don't think any of us did. I mean, Marron is one of my best friends and she's seven years older than me."

Pan kept silent, staring at her empty plate. Maybe Bra was right. Besides, it wasn't as if she was looking for a long time relationship. She was just after getting what she had wanted for so long.

"It's Marron's birthday next week," Bra changed subjects. She poked the hamburger that was lying on her plate, untouched. "I don't think this is edible," she muttered, more to herself than to Pan. "I think I saw something move just now."

"Even I wouldn't eat that," Pan stated, scrunching her nose. She was wiping her hands on a napkin when Bra's remark finally hit home. "Marron's birthday?" she exclaimed. "Crap, I had completely forgotten about that! I still need to find her a present."

Bra grinned at her friend. "And suddenly I see that you're related to Goku."

Pan smacked her with the dirty napkin. "As if my super strength didn't show that already," she boasted, smirking.

Bra wiped her arm, looking disgusted. "Don't touch me with that filthy thing," she muttered angrily. Pan just laughed at her.

"So anyway," Bra continued, wiping her arm with her own napkin, "we're all invited to her house. I think we're going to clubbing, maybe have a sleep over or something."

Pan frowned. Great, that meant spending the night with Trunks in one room. It would be a perfect opportunity if they had been alone, but with their friends present, it would just be torture. No doubt Trunks would find a way to provoke her and pester her until she snapped, and humiliate her in front of her friends.

She shook her head. Why on earth did she like him? He was nothing but mean to her.

That's not true, a little voice in the back of her head whispered. He is cruel, yes. But he's also intelligent, sweet, funny and God he's hot.

"…and then Goten, Marron, Uub and I had the biggest gangbang and now Marron and I are both pregnant," Bra concluded.

Pan blinked. "Come again?"

Bra rolled her eyes. "Really, Pan, could you not faze out when I'm talking? It makes me feel horribly uninteresting."

"You are horribly uninteresting," Pan smirked, earning a blow over the head from her the other girl. She glanced at their plates, empty safe for the uneaten hamburger on Bra's. "Go home and spar?" she suggested sweetly.

To her surprise Bra nodded almost eagerly. "You deserve to be beaten for that comment," she said, grinning wickedly.

Pan smiled, pleased. "Off we go, then," she said, and kept taunting her friend to actually get a decent fight when they were home.

*^*^*^*^*

"Gotcha now," Pan threw out, more gasping than smirking. She was pinning Bra down on the floor of the gravity room, hands on her wrists, knees on her thighs. Both girls were panting loudly as Bra was struggling to get free from Pan and Pan was struggling to keep her hold on the other.

Bra suddenly laughed, giving up completely. "If someone walked in on us, they would think we were doing something completely different!" She let her head fall back on the floor as Pan jumped off her, laughing as well. "I can already see the headlines: 'Disgrace to the Briefs family! Bra Briefs caught in the sack with other college girls'," the blue-haired girl continued, giggling.

"Yeah, and the happy faces of men everywhere on the planet when the pictures are published," Pan grinned. Her hair stuck annoyingly to her forehead and she brushed it away, only to have it fall back into her eyes. She made a face. "I think I need a shower," she muttered. "Even as a Super Saiyan, my hair is clinging to my skin. I thought it was supposed to be standing up?"

"Me too," called Bra from where she was lying on the floor, her eyes closed, arms and legs wide. She too was still Super Saiyan, her thick golden spikes covering the ground around her. Pan nudged her friend in the side with her foot, earning an indignant "Hey!"

"Who's getting which shower?" Pan asked, nudging Bra again. Her best friend scowled, her eyes still closed, and rolled on her side. "I don't care. I don't think I ever want to get up again."

Pan smirked. "Fine, then I'll just take your shower. No wait, I'll take your bath!"

Bra was on her feet and in the air in less than a second. "No way I'll let a filthy Son in my bath," she called over her shoulder as she hit a button in the wall and blasted out of the gravity room. Pan just laughed at her friend. How could someone be protective of a room?

The moment Bra left the room, the gravity returned to normal. Pan sighed, looking around the hollow, round space, and let her power drop until it was back to normal. She squinted her eyes to look at her hair turning from golden blond to its normal black color. The sight still pleased her immensely. She was a Super Saiyan. Noone had been sure if she could manage it, only being a quarter saiyan, but she had, and before Bra did, too. The blue-haired demi-saiyan had only started training when she was twelve or thirteen, when her saiyan instincts had finally kicked in. Pan reckoned that Bra had been more like Gohan was when he was a kid, Not used to, not even interested in fighting. Gohan's powers had been brought out by extreme circumstances and might not have showed themselves ever, had he had a normal life. After Cell, however, Gohan continued training, now loving it. Pan reckoned that she herself was more like Goten, fighting for the fun of it. She could not even remember how she had learned to fly, that's how young she had been.

The gravity room had a shower, ever since Bulma had declared that she did not want stinking Saiyans in her bathroom and Vegeta had stated that she'd better make one in the gravity room then. Bulma, being the plutocrat she was, had one installed that same day. It was nothing fancy - just a shower cubicle and a sink, nothing like the big tub that Bra was now undoubtedly lying in. Pan however had never been one to spend ages soaking in hot water with a disgustingly artificial flower scent, so the simple shower fit her just fine. She was satisfied as long as it got her clean, and the shower had never failed in doing so.

She jumped out of her clothes and into the tiled cubicle in one fluid motion, turning on the shower. The scoldingly hot water soothed and relaxed her aching muscles and she sighed contently. Nothing felt better after a good spar than a hot shower.

She had successfully avoided thinking of Trunks during the spar, but now her thoughts returned to the half saiyan. Would he really like Marron? The man had never made a secret of the fact that he thought Marron was pretty, something that had unnerved her before. She had thought, hoped, that it was just that, but what if Trunks did like Marron more than just a friend? Normally, Pan was one of the first to know about his newest love interests (a fact that had bothered her greatly, although she had obviously never told him), and he had never told her that he seriously liked the blonde.

And Marron? Her friend, like Trunks, thought the other handsome and often joked about dating him, but she did that about Goten, too. Pan knew of the tension between the blonde and her uncle, but up until now, neither of them had noticed. It would almost be funny if Marron snatched Trunks away from her before the girl would realise she actually had feelings for Goten.

Almost. The thought of Trunks falling for Marron made her insides clench. If there was one way to make her lose this bet, it was Trunks falling in love with someone else. She had to keep his attention on her, if only to prevent him from noticing another girl.

She stepped out of the shower, quickly powering up to dry herself, and walked out of the petite bathroom. Her clothes were lying in a pile on the floor. She lifted her shirt with her foot and scrunched her nose. The clothes smelled. There was no way she was going to put that back on.

She glanced at the door. Well, maybe her underwear, she could hardly walk into Capsule Corps without any clothes on. She grudgingly put her bra back on and bent over to pick up her panties and step into them. Only then she felt a familiar ki behind her.

She looked over her shoulder with half-lidded eyes, seemingly completely uninterested. Trunks was standing in the doorway, his eyes wide, his mouth slightly open. It seemed that he had not expected this peep show any more than she had.

She completely ignored him, picked up her clothes and walked right at him. His eyes grew wider still, apparently he thought she was coming to him. It had in fact crossed her mind, but she was still too angry with the guy to successfully seduct him. So instead she simply brushed past him, not even acknowledging his presence. She could feel his eyes on her back when she stalked to the big dome that was his home, but she did not look back. He never saw her satisfied smile.

~*^*#$#*^*~

AN: *grins angelically* And, as a note - I am ignoring GT in this, this is a DBZ based fanfiction. Our favorite demi-saiyans have so much potency at the end of DBZ, a potency that GT doesn't let them live up to. They deserve more (at least to have the Saiyan females fight - as if they'd stay home and raise kids). Once again betaed by the lovely Noseless Wonder (http://www.fanfiction.net/profile.php?userid=8376) :]



Go to chapter 3 Go to chapter 5