Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Zana-sei ❯ Babies and questions ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Hello minna-san! How are you guys? I'm stressed and hate hate HATE my job. I mean the one thing that is worse than elementary school is teaching it. Especially when the kids are a bunch of brats that you wanna smack around a couple of times. For those who actually wanna teach and do, God bless you! Ah, I wanted to mention that if you guys wanna ask a question, I'll answer it in the following chapter. I'll be answering to reviews that way from now on. Also, if you wanna Im (instant message, aol only) my screen name is the same as my email address. Everfaithful84. I warn you though, I'm not on aol much. So, if any of you have yahoo, just im me at peacefulilight, email same screen name. If I'm not on just leave an offline message. Okay enough talking, story time.

Thanks Ssjgoddesschico for beta-ing!

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ.
>>>>>>>>
lares: kitten
>>>>>>>>
Zana sei

Chapter twelve: Babies and questions.

Buruma rolled her eyes at the prince lying on the floor of N'daria's hut.

In the face of almost getting his -whatever that thing down there was called- cut off, he was calm. Well, as calm as anyone could be running from a group of women carrying spears. At least he did not scream. Though show him a women in the middle of labor and he faints dead away!

"Buruma, did you bring Vegeta here to help of to lie on the floor while poor Quesia has her baby?" N'daria asked calmly while patting Quesia's sweaty forehead with a damp cloth.

"Vegeta followed me here." Buruma answered as she put the pot of water down beside N'daria and went to Quesia's other side.


Surayah kneeled down between Quesia's open leg, her hands held out as if holding something. She would be ready to catch the baby when it came.

"Oh no you don't." N'daria said as she stood and walked over to the seamstress. "The way you are you'll end up dropping the baby. Go over there." She pointed to where she had been.

Surayah pouted and went by Quesia's side to hold her hand.

Quesia held her breath as another contraction washed over her. "I want to push." She whimpered when it went away.

N'daria shook her head, "Not yet lares, the baby is not close enough."

Quesia smiled tiredly at the endearing name and nodded her head.

"Have you decided on a name?" Buruma asked before gently putting a loose, damp strand of hair behind her friend's ear.

Her eyes closed, Quesia blew out a puff of air and nodded. "N'jeri."

"N'jeri?" N'daira questioned, "you mean as in the sweet yellow flower we eat in some of our meals?"

She grit her teeth and nodded, "N'daria, I need to push!" she exclaimed, her voice filled with pain and exhaustion.

"Okay lares, you're going to have to sit up. Do you remember how I showed you before?" N'daria asked, helping the winded woman up.

Quesia nodded as she squatted down on her haunches and whimpered as Buruma placed a thick wooden spoon in her mouth.

"Now, Quesia I want you to push as hard as you can, but when I tell you to stop, stop pushing. Understand?"

"Uh huh." Came the muffled panting reply as the lady in question frantically nodded.

"All right, now push!"

Quesia held her breath and pushed down with all her might, crushing the life out of her two friend's hands. Her teeth ground into the wooden spoon as a muffled, high-pitched scream came from her.

"Stop!"

Surayah and Buruma let out twin sighs of relief as Quesia loosened her grip. The red in their fingers began to slowly leave as the trapped blood was aloud to run free.

"Now, I want you to breath like we practiced." N'daria instructed calmly.

Quesia whimpered softly in protest and began to breath as practiced.

N'daria chuckled, "Even in labor you're polite and sweet. Most women would be screaming bloody murder at me! Push Quesia."

Again Quesia held her breath and pushed, her friends on all fours, excluding the hands being held, clutching the ground in pin.

"Stop!"

This went on for twenty minutes before N'daria announced something that made Quesia give a happy, almost fearful, smile.

"I can see the head. So, I want you to giveme two more big pushes, all right Quesia?" N'daria asked as she readied a small blanket. "Push!" she commanded, not waiting for a reply.

Quesia did as she was told, biting down hard as a very loud shriek erupted from her. Tears of pain were squeezed out of her tightly shut eyes, mixing with the sweat that was on her face.

"Stop!" N'daria called calmly, but Quesia ignored her and continued to push. N'daria looked paniced back up at the struggling woman. "Stop Quesia." She commanded firmly.

Quesia whipped her head from side to side, throwing the spoon onto the floor as she did. "It hurts!" she screamed. "It hurts, don't you understand that?!" Her eyes clenched shut as she shrieked like a banshee. "But then you wouldn't, would you? Since you have no children." She growled between gritted teeth.

The hut was quiet aside from Quesia's laborious breathing. Everyone stared at the normally kind, patient, and quiet Quesia, stunned beyond belief that she had, for once in her life, raised her voice at someone.

N'daria got over it first, her mouth snapped shut with an audible click. "All right Quesia, I understand you are in a lot of pain. However, if you continue to push without giving your muscles at least a brief rest, they will get tired. Do you remember what I told you would happen if that happened?" She asked with a mixture of calm soothing, and firmness to the tone of her voice.

It was another shock for Buruma and Surayah. N'daria was not the type of woman to just stand there and let someone insult or yell at her. Especially that big of an insult.

Among Buruma's people, for a woman to not have at least one child was the biggest shame a woman ever knew. They were pitied and to mention that they are barren in front of them or even be rumored speaking about it was the biggest insult to the poor woman. It was like a slap in the face followed by being kicked to the ground and peed on. To flaunt that you could have children and the other woman could not would result in a few days of being shunned.

Yet N'daria had not said a word or even seemed to acknowledge the insult, besides her earlier stunned silence.

Quesia nodded tearfully as she stopped pushing. She did not wish for her baby to be cut out as N'daria said it would if she got tired. She highly suspected that N'daria would not perform a cesarean this late in the labor, but it would be best not to ruffle her temper than it already was.

N'daria smiled and leaned over to pat Quesia''s clammy hand. She had known all of the young girls in the village their whole lives. She had delivered a lot of them, including Quesia, and was very fond of them. Which was why she acted the way she did with them. They were young and foolish and she only wanted to protect them. "All right Quesia, I want you to give me one big push." She said as she squeezed Quesia's sweaty hand.

Quesia took a huge gulp of air before squeezing her eyes shut. She screamed long and loud as she pushed her baby out, Surayah and Buruma's voices mingled with her's as she practically squeezed the marrow out of their bones.

A cry sounded the arrival of the baby and N'daria wrapped her up before placing her on her mother's chest, who had fallen back in exhaustion.

Quesia cried as she smoothed back the baby girl's slick dark purple hair and kissed her tenderly on the forehead.

"Oh, Quesia she's adorable!" Surayah exclaimed as she leaned over to peer at the baby's face. She yelped and sat back, rubbing the tender hand she had put her weight on.

N'daria threw her a warning glare as to let her know not to be loud around the newborn infant.

Buruma nodded in affirmation as she leaned to look at the newborn, careful not to lean on her hand.

"Thank you." Quesia murmured softly before looking up. "N'daria, I'm sorry." She said with a tearful expression upon her face. "I didn't mean it, I swear. And you didn't have to finish delivering my baby either!" Her voice began to shrill slightly as tears formed rivers down her cheeks. The baby whimpered. "I'm very very sorry and I beg of you to-"

"No need to apologize Quesia. You were in a lot of pain and were not yourself." She smiled warmly, "At least you didn't say you were going to kill me, which is what I usually get. Don't worry yourself over it and try not to get upset or you will not have a happy baby." N'daria stroked her hair back in a comforting gesture. "I'm just happy that you are no longer in labor.'

"Yes, I'm lucky to have such a short labor." She answered as she softly rocked her baby in her arms, who was starring up at her with sleepy brown eyes.

"You mean easy child birth, you were in labor since last night. Though, you owe such an easy child birth to Buruma. She kept you running around all day." N'daria said with a grin.

Quesia nodded slowly as she blinked sleepily.

"Just be sure to return the favor when she is pregnant." N'daria chuckled as she grabbed her blanket and spread it over the mother and child. "You both need rest, lares. Go to sleep." She demanded softly.

Quesia nodded as she propped the baby on her side with the little blanket N'daria had given her. "Yes, she does need her rest. My sweet little Xian pu." She whispered softly as she nuzzled her soft purple head.

"Xian pu?" Surayah said quietly, using well the warning N'daria had given her. "I thought you were going to name her N'jeri."

Quesia shook her head sleepily and yawned, "I changed my mind. She is like the elusive, rare Xian pu flower that only grows on the mountains. A rare and beautiful treasure." She murmured as she slipped off to sleep.

Buruma watched her friend with her newborn child, torn between happiness, sadness and jealousy. Did N'daria have to bring up her being pregnant? She knew she or Chichi would have to bear a child to continue the royal line, but did everyone have to remind her all the time?

N'daria got up and walked over to the unconscious man on her floor. Giving him a nudge with her toe, she called softly to the other two, "Let's see if we could wake Vegeta up, huh?"

Buruma jumped slightly at the sound of older woman's voice. She turned her head and looked at the fallen prince as N'daria's words reached her brain. "Yes," she thought slowly, "let's see if we can wake him."


>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>

"Isn't Quesia's baby cute?" Buruma asked happily as she lay on her side attempting to converse with Vegeta.

Vegeta groaned and threw his arm over his eyes. "Why are you here? Why are you not with your friend in your village?"

Buruma smiled, "Vegeta, why did you not stay at the village? You were in no danger when you were there." She asked as she leaned toward slightly, her soft breasts taunting Vegeta.

He edged away from her, "Because I like my cave." He snapped. "now answer my question."

"And I like your cave too. Which is why I choose to stay."

"Well, I sure as hell don't want you here." Vegeta snorted. "So why do you keep coming back if you're not welcome?"

Buruma frowned angrily, "Vegeta be nice! I'm your guest!" She snapped.

"No, you're not! You were not invited!" Vegeta glared at her angrily as he folded his arms over his chest.

"Well," she said snippily, "just think of me as an unexpected guest."

"You were not unexpected." He replied.

"Is that why you came to the village? To meet me there so that we could come back together?" She smiled mischievously.

"No!" he denied hastily, "I was there to tell you not to come." He shoved his nose in the air and turned his face away from her.

Buruma frowned and stuck her tongue at him. "Stupid head." She whispered in the darkness.

"Butt face," came the reply.

Buruma sneered before she grew serious. "Vegeta, there is something I want to ask you. Seriously."

Vegeta gave her a sidelong glance, "What?"

Buruma fiddled with her fingers as she thought of a way to ask.

After five minutes of complete silence Vegeta's patience was thinned to a very fine line. "Spit it out." He snarled.

Buruma ducked her head as she sat up. She bit her lip, fearing his reaction more than his answer.

"Fine! I'm going to sleep!" he snapped.

'Stop being a coward, Buruma! Come on girl, it's now or never!' She thought knowing she would not have the courage to ask later. "Vegeta," she said hurriedly, "will you help me bear my child?"
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ;>>>>>>>>

Alright kiddies, that's it for now. I hope you liked it, I had quite a time writing it. The baby scene was hard, but thank God I have watched a woman actually giving birth. The shows on TLC helped too. Now, exactly what IS gonna be Vegeta's reaction and answer to Buruma's question? Well, only I know and I'm not gonna tell just yet, so nyah!Okay now, for all you Inu yasha fans, I have a surprise for you! I've been thinking about writing an Inu fic for quite a while, but still have no plot or anything. I did however come up with the below snippet. I don't know where this is going and hope to continue when something comes to me. This is not a definate part of the story, so please don't rush me! Enjoy, and tell me what you think. I may also give you a Kenshin snippet.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>& gt;>>>>>>>>>...

Inu yasha stared at Kagome.

Kagome stared right back at Inu yasha, the increasing blush spreading evenly across her cheeks. This was so embarrassing. She would not have minded it so much, but Inu yasha made her uncomfortable, staring at her with those glowing golden eyes. It was not as if she could "sit" him either, because; one, their current position was not his fault; two, "sitting" him would not only hurt him, but her as well; and three, doing that would startle the spider demon on whose back they were currently riding.

They had gotten themselves into a bit of a pickle.
>>flashback<<

Kagome slowly pedaled her bike to keep up with Inu yasha's leisurely pace. "So, where exactly are we going?" she asked, watching him yawn out the corner of her eye.

Inu yasha's fangs settled back into place as he closed his mouth. "Rumors of a shard. East." He answered in a murmur, his eyes blinking often.

"Then why are we walking so slow? Usually you would be rushing us to go as fast as humanly possible." Sango drawled from her place behind them. Beside her walked Kirrara and on the other side of the demon cat walked Shippou and Miroku.

"I have my reasons." He replied out of the corner of his mouth then yawned.

Kagome rolled her eyes and shook her head, "Just admit it, you're tired."

"No, I'm not!" Inu yasha grumbled and frowned.

Kagome nodded, "Okay Inu yasha, if you want to rest just say so." She offered.

"I'm not tired, I don't need to rest! I'm not some weakling human who needs to rest every twenty minutes!" He snarled in response.

"Not all humans are weak, Inu yasha. Myself, Kagome-chan, and Houshi-sama aren't weak. We fight demons right along side of you." Sango reminded him. Kirrara mewed in agreement, backed up by Miroku and Shippou's nods.

"Thank you Sango-chan." Kagome glanced at Sango over her shoulder with a grateful smile.

"Yea, you guys may help fight but Kagome always needs rescuing. So, don't include her in the mix of capable humans." Inu yasha snorted.

"What?" Kagome sputtered angrily, "If I remember correctly this incapable human rescued your butt from Yura of the hair. And that was when I couldn't even shoot an arrow straight!" She exclaimed.

"You rescued me? You did no such thing! You just interfered is all, I was just about to finish her off." He turned his head to the side with his chin in the air.

Kagome made a noise suspiciously close to a snort, "Yeah, you were about to finish her off with her katana going straight for your chest for the killing blow."

Inu yasha hunched his shoulders, "What is that supposed to mean?" He asked in a very quiet voice. "You don't think that I could've killed her? That I wouldn't have figured out her weak spot? Is that it?" His voice had gotten increasingly louder and the exhaustion was gone from his voice and face.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>& gt;>>>>
Well, that's all I have so far. I hope you liked it. Ta ta for now!