Fake Fan Fiction ❯ Historic Love ❯ Two Nobles and A Street Rat ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Robyn Walsh - Kitsune Sekushi
Historic Love
Rating: PG-13 for suggestive-ness/gay men and language
Warnings: Excessive Fluff, Shounen Ai, AU
Disclaimer: Yeah, yeah. FAKE doesn't belong to me. Rub it in, why don't ya?
A/N: This is an AU set in England, in the high middle ages/early renaissance. It will be slightly canon, in following the plot line of everyone meeting, but be warned, it's not exactly like the book. I've made Ryo a little OOC/more blond acting. And Bikky's more subdued. And I may have a few renaissance details wrong. Sorry.
Description: Two nobles meet, through the course of the day, after an attempted robbery by a street-youth.
1/?



Two Nobles and A Street Rat



         ; "Stop, thief!" The cry rang out over the busy street. A scruffy ragamuffin shot between the carts and crowd, quickly getting away from his victim. Sure he would escape, he turned to stick his tongue out while continuing his forward motion.

         *SMACK* the skinny little boy was knocked onto his backside by an outstretched arm. He very slowly looked up the male who had stopped him in shock. Rather clean calfskin boots... white pants trimmed in gold, a brown tunic, belted with a gold rope... dark, almost black, brown eyes staring out of cream-pale skin, with gold locks falling across his face. He had run into a noble! Scrambling away backwards, he was stopped by a firm hand on his ankle.

         "Where are you from, what is your name, and who's bag is that?" asked the noble. A growl cam from behind the thief

         "He's from the gutter, his name is mud, and the bag is mine."

         The thief spoke up. "Well, you'ld be mostly right, m'lord. But me name's Bikky. What're yours?" He craned his neck, trying to get a look at his ex-victim. Dressed all in black, with a green belt and trim, he cut a stunning figure while tossing his charcoal hair out of emerald eyes. Bikky just had no luck today. Imagine, two nobles in less than five minutes!

         His observations didn't escape notice. "What are you looking at, street-rat? And the name is Sir Dee." The later part of the comment was directed towards the gold figure, which frowned.

         "He just needed some food. He looks like he's starving!" the noble complained, as Bikky nodded in agreement. Dee stared at the man until he added, "And my name is Sir Ryo." Dee nodded, and then asked "What are you going to do with this poor 'starving' wretch then?"

         Ryo pondered the question before answering. "Well, I'm not going to abandon him into the 'justice' of the nation, so I guess I'll take him into my household, if neither of you object."

         Dee started to protest. "He'll rob you out of house and home, I guarantee it."

         The blond looked disbelieving. "He's a little boy. What is he going to do, take a gaudy vase? Which brings up another question. Bikky, why were you stealing Sir Dee's bag?"
        
          Dee quickly interjected "Just call me Dee, it's easier."

         Bikky looked down at his feet. "They hung me dad last week. I've got no place, no food since. I needed some money, so I wouldn't get bloody rained on all the time."

         Ryo's soft side showed as he gently smiled down at the youngster. "That's a good enough explanation for me. What do you think about joining my household?"

         "Sure. What's a household?"

         Ryo sighed, and explained. "It's the people who work with me to keep all my house in order, and to make things run smoothly. It's a lot like a family sometimes, and we all trust each other to do a good job, and do our share of the work. In turn, I'll clothe, fed, shelter, and pay you."

         Bikky nodded. "Like a gang, but good, and inside? Oh, and here's your bag, dummy. Guess I don't need it anymore."

         Green eyes flashing, Dee grabbed for his possession. "I still don't think you should trust him. How about I escort you home, to be sure he doesn't try anything?"

         Ryo felt like it wasn't needed, but sighed and agreed. " Alright, if it would make you feel better. Come on, I'm staying over this way." And off he walked, with two complete strangers in tow.


A/N (Again): Okay, so the chapter's a little short, but it makes a good breaking point. Hope you all like it and review! (Please?!?!)