Fake Fan Fiction ❯ I Forever Do ❯ Why He Loves Him ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's Note: Just bought and read the 3rd and 4th Volumes of FAKE last night…need I say…AWWWWWWWWW!!!!!
 
 
The 27th Precinct that day was buzzing with activity. It was the middle of October, but the temperature had spiked over 80 degrees! Unfortunately the air conditioning decided to break so everyone in the 27 was, may we say, a little cranky. While most of the detectives in the Homicide Unit were groaning and griping, there were two detectives, who while not enjoying the humidity themselves were sitting with big grins on their faces as they typed away at their computers. Small laughs and murmurs could be heard from their area and well it was starting to get to the other detectives. Drake Parker decided to take the initiative.
 
“OH GROW UP YOU TWO!!!” He yelled to Ryo and Dee.
 
“What's your problem Parker?” Dee asked cutely.
 
Drake wiped some sweat off his brow.
 
“YOU TWO HAVE BEEN PLAYING FOOTSIE FOR THE PAST HALF HOUR! JEEZ WHAT ARE YA, KIDS OR DETECTIVES!?”
 
Ryo blushed.
 
“Sorry Drake.” He said embarrassed. He had hoped the precinct hadn't caught them with their little game. Dee had started it when Ryo was in of his “serious” moments when there was really nothing to be serious about and started caressing Ryo's ankle with his wing tipped shoe, running it up the inside leg of his Dockers. Ryo of course blushed and kicked him out of the way telling him to knock it off, but Dee being Dee of course, never took no for an answer and continued until the two were in a battle.
 
“Don't listen to Parker, Ryo.” Dee said. “Drake's just bitchy because he has no one to play with at his desk.”
 
Ryo blushed further as Drake threw a pencil at Dee smacking him in the back of the head.
 
“And since when are you so damn chipper, Dee the Grouch of the 27.” Drake said. “You whine more than a preschooler being forced to eat their vegetables.”
 
Dee glared as Ryo snickered.
 
“Don't say that about Dee!” Detective JJ Adams piped in. JJ was Drake's partner and was obsessed with Dee. Well, since the night Dee had proposed to Ryo two weeks ago, JJ had backed off with the hugs…a little, but the small force sniper still believed that until their marriage was made official, he still had a chance.
 
“Dee is just…vocal…that's all.” JJ added as he plopped down at his desk.
 
Ryo started snickering.
 
“You can say that again.” He said agreeing with JJ remembering all the times Dee had adamantly voiced his opinion whether everyone wanted to hear it or not.
 
Dee glared at him and flung a pencil right over at Ryo. Luckily, his reading glasses blocked the hit.
 
“HEY THAT COULD HAVE GONE IN MY EYE!” Ryo argued still laughing.
 
“You have your glasses on.” Dee said putting his chin in his hand. Ryo smiled and continued his report. Dee couldn't help to gaze over at his partner. The honey blonde hair, the dark eyes, shy smile, athletic frame, and yeah everything underneath the clothes, Dee Laytner definitely considered himself a lucky man. Randy “Ryo” Maclean was everything to him and more. He was kind, shy, sensitive, but when he needed to be, Ryo could be as tough as nails, especially when it involved a case or just being a good father to his foster son Bikky Goldman. Dee knew that Ryo's personality was a result of his childhood. Ryo was brought up in an upper class family where his mother was Japanese and his father was American. They were art dealers, so they traveled a lot, even after Randy (also known as Ryo by his mother's family) was born, but that didn't stop them from being there for the boy. They were wonderful parents and Ryo grew up with a lot of love and care which attuned to his sweet personality. His father's side of the family, however, was none too happy about the marriage (marrying below his class) or the fact that the next Maclean male was born of a mixed race. But none of that phased Ryo or his family. His parents and caring Aunt Elena (his father's sister) and her husband Rick was all the family he needed to know.
 
However, all of that changed Christmas Eve when Ryo was eighteen. He had just come home from school where he met up with a tearful Elena who told him that his parents had been in a car accident on the way home from the airport. At the hospital, the news was worse. They never made it and it turned out the accident was actually an attack. The accident wasn't as severe as what the police saw inside, two people, riddled with bullets and cocaine in the trunk of the car. The police had investigated, Ryo and Elena of course knowing there had to be some mistake about the cocaine, but the case had gone cold. Ryo of course was crushed. He ended up spending that first Christmas alone while his aunt and uncle were busy getting ready to take him in. It was then Ryo knew he had to find out about what really had caused his parents deaths and joined the police force, but he still dealt with that pain every Christmas after that. To Dee, seeing that determination, but also that sense of loneliness and need made him love Randy all the more. At first he thought it was just lust, but when he kissed Ryo that first time they solved a case as a team, there was no going back.
 
 
“You're staring at me.” Ryo said not even bothering to dart his eyes away from the computer screen. Ryo had to admit he was enjoying it too. In the beginning Ryo wasn't quite sure what he felt for Dee exactly. In the beginning, he thought Dee was obnoxious, rude, and somewhat immature. His constant kiss and hug attacks drove Ryo mad because at that time he didn't or rather not wanted to be attracted to men, but as time wore on Ryo began to notice things not only about Dee, but about himself.
 
When it came to Dee the man was good looking, no doubt, with his olive colored muscular body, jade green eyes, and jet black hair that fell just right. But there was also something about Dee that Ryo couldn't get away from. Inside of his macho persona lay a warm heart. A man who would risk his life to save the people he cared about or just on the job. Ryo realized that was because of how he had been brought up. Dee was orphan. He was abandoned in an alleyway when he was just a few months old. He surely would have perished had it not been for police officer Jess Laytner finding him just in the nick of time. Jess took baby Dee to Mother Maria Lane's orphanage where she brought up the boy with the love, care, and discipline any proper mother would. She needed it when it came to Dee whose rambunctious and often troublesome behavior drove her to the point of madness. But Dee was her pride and joy nonetheless. Jess often visited Dee too, but sadly perished when Dee was a teenager after being involved in some dirty business. It was Jess's death that helped Dee realize his true calling. He wanted to carry on Jess's work of keeping the streets clean even after his death, so after adopting Jess's last name and with the help of Mother Maria Dee enrolled in the police academy where, even though he had a few scrapes here and there, he grew to be the fine twenty nine year old detective he is today. To Ryo, that was the type of person he wanted to spend the rest of his life with.
 
“Now whose the one doing the staring?” Dee's voice interrupted.
 
Ryo blinked.
 
“Oh, sorry.” He said running his hand through his damp hair.
 
“Don't apologize.” Dee said. “No one can resist my stunning good looks!”
 
“OH GET A LIFE!” Parker yelled.
 
“BITE ME!” Dee yelled back as the two friends began play arguing.
 
Ryo shook his head and smiled.
 
`Dee is definitely one of a kind.' He thought. `I don't know what I would do without him.'
 
His thought was interrupted by the loud bang of a door opening.
 
“HEY I AM NOT RUNNING A DAYCARE HERE!” A loud voice boomed into the room. It was Chief Smith, the burly, hairy, and right now sweaty Homicide Unit's boss. “SO PIPE DOWN OR I WILL PUT YOU ALL ON JUVIE DUTY!!”
 
He then turned to Ryo and Dee.
 
“Laytner, Maclean, Commissioner Rose wants to see you, so move your sorry asses to his office pronto!”
 
SLAM went the door as he closed it.
 
“Oh great, what does the jerk want?” Dee muttered standing up. Ryo shrugged as he stood up as well. Commissioner Rose was not much of a fan of Ryo and Dee, or to be honest, Dee. They only hoped whatever he wanted it would be quick and painless.