Fake Fan Fiction ❯ Phantom Games ❯ Intermission ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

WARNING: SAP AHEAD! Been listening to Pantom of the Opera and thought that it would be cute to play along with that Fake and a little more in a fic. Nither Fake nor Phantom of the Opera belong to me. And don't worry Sara-chan! There will be yummy juiciness inside! Heheheh

New case
Phantom games
Part two: Intermission

Dee picked his way through the crowd after making sure Ryo was following. /She better not be hurt. Her brother would kill me./ He thought as he made it to her dressing room.

Alexia Romanova was sitting in a chair curled up in a ball shivering.

"Ali.." Dee spoke calmly. She looked up at him.

"Dee," She stood hugging him tightly. "He... The man was here when I got here... I... I fought him and Dante scared him off when he entered responding to my scream..." She whimpered slightly.

"Ali, Are you sure it was a stranger?"

Alexia nodded. "I'm sure, he wasn't from the cast." She looked to Ryo and pulled away from Dee. "I'm sorry.. I thought that you weren't taken..."

"Ryo?" Dee looked to his partner in both life and work.

Ryo had a concerned look on his face, but that was all. Alexia gave him a small nod and stepped back. "The...The roses and the note are over there detectives." She stammered.

"Alexia, you don't have to act right now." Ryo moved closer to her. She bit her lip.

"I stop right now I won't be able to finish the show tonight." She said all emotion draining from her face. "I... I can't take much more... With the other murders.... I know I put myself in danger this time.. I thought that I could bring him down on my own. I know enough to fight... But..." She almost fell. Ryo caught her easing her into a chair as Dee looked at the note that had been left for her.

"Just rest a few seconds, I'm sure the rest of the audience will understand."

"No... I was doing this to tell the man that I wasn't afraid... I was the only one who they couldn't talk out of preforming. All the other women who can play this role left town until he's caught." She glanced to Dee. "It was actually his and Rose's idea."

"Where are the bodyguards we assigned?" Dee asked as he handed the note to Ryo.

"I don't know... They... They didn't show up tonight. I'm worried, it's not like JJ to back out like this on me." She sat in the chair watching the two.

The door opened and both tensed drawing their guns. Berkley Rose walked in. "We found JJ Miss Romanova. I think it would be best if you stop now. At least until we can catch this guy."

"Is he..." She stood, the fear in her eyes.

"He's heading to the hospital, whoever our 'Phantom' as he's calling himself, is.." Rose saw the color drain from her face.

"I didn't want anyone else hurt..." She lowered her head. "I'll cancel the rest of the preformance tonight." She said lowering her head. Dee touched her arm.

"Alexia, you have a place to stay that out killer doesn't know about?" He asked.

"I'm too well known in town." She looked up.

"She can come home with us." Ryo said knowing she'd need the protection, and sleeping at his apartment they could keep a close eye on her.

"Dee told me about you're kindness to 'strays'. Thank you Ryo-kun." She bowed deeply to him. Ryo's cheeks flushed.

"I..I just don't want to lose another talented girl." He stammered. She gave a small bark of a laugh.

"I'm only as talented as the people I work with. Our killer doesn't realize that, any good actress is as good as the rest of the cast. You get rid of one part and it falls apart. I saw the reports in the paper, and the bits of the notes that they put in them. He's trying to kill Angels. None of us are angels.." She said softly. "No one can be perfect. My bigest flaw is that I don't like giving up without a fight, even if it's with my fists." She said softly.

"Still the fighter like you were in school aren't you Ali." Dee asked her.

She nodded. "I... I'll go with you though." She spoke softly. Ryo nodded.

 

The figure in the shadows smiled. The girl was going to be more of a challenge than the last one. He looked at the brown haired cop and smiled to himself. That one may turn out to be just as fun. The game has changed little pets. He thought as he silently stole his way out into the night air.