Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Surrey Trouble ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Still no change.
Had a very bad day today so I decided to write to cheer myself up. Showed up for an exam but left my student id at home so I couldn't do the exam, which leads to my failing that unit. Hope I don't make the chapter too depressing or anything because of it.
 
Chapter 8
 
 
Wufei rolled over enough so that he could see the rooms other bed. He smiled at the sight of Harry, fully dressed, tangled up in his sheets and still fast asleep. He really hated to wake him but it was urgent.
 
“Harry.” Not a twitch.
“Harry wake up.” Still nothing.
“Harry!” The other teen bolted upright.
 
“Fei? Are you alright?” Harry fumbled for his glasses, still half asleep.
 
“I need some help getting up.”
 
“Huh?” Harry blinked.
“Oh, right. What time is it?”
 
“Six, sorry for waking you.” Wufei sat up and moved so that he was at the edge of the bed as Harry got out of his own bed.
 
“No problem.” Harry helped him up, taking as much of his weight as he could, so that Wufei could hobble to the bathroom. They paused at the door.
“Um, where?” Wufei pointed and the headed down the hall. Harry stared out the small window as Wufei took care of things.
“You could probably use a shower but I don't think you're up to standing that long yet.”
 
“If you helped I could.” Harry blushed.
“Never seen another guy naked?”
 
“I shared a dorm for six year plus a locker room. I also had to clean you up before tending to those injuries.”
 
“So there's no difference.”
 
“Right.” Harry stripped his own shirt off first so that he wouldn't get too wet and Wufei took the chance to study the scars revealed. None were caused by bullets unlike his own. He noticed the scar on Harry's arm, it looked like it had never healed properly and was right over the vein. He took off his own shirt before letting Harry help with his pants and socks. Harry was very careful not to look as he helped him into the shower, holding him up and trying to stay mostly dry.
 
“Just strip off and join me, might as well have a shower too with how wet you're getting.”
 
“I really don't think that's a good idea.” Harry was blushing as red as a tomato. Wufei smiled slightly.
 
“Harry, it's a perfectly natural reaction, you're a healthy teenage male. Besides, it's nothing I haven't seen before.” Wufei leant against the wall as Harry quickly stripped and moved fully into the cubicle. He subtly checked Harry out as he was moving around, he could tell that he'd started to fill out a little since moving in with them. Three healthy meals a day were doing him wonders. He was still skinny but was gaining some weight and muscle definition from their training. Wufei looked away and concentrated, fighting his own reaction, Harry was embarrassed enough and as far as they knew liked girls. They washed quickly but thoroughly and then dried off and redressed.
 
Harry was just standing after helping get his socks on when Wufei stumbled forward and into him. Already off balance Harry fell backwards, automatically grabbing Wufei in an effort to stay standing. Wufei landed on top of Harry and stared down at him. Harry stared up at him, looking shocked from the impact. Wufei found himself lowering his face closer and felt Harry relax, his eyes slowly closing. He felt Harry's sigh as their lips brushed together gently. His hands moved to brace his weight while Harry's came up to rest on his back as his eyes opened. They parted and Wufei was relieved to see no disgust or regret in Harry's eyes. He leant back down for a second, less hesitant kiss. Harry reflexively tightened his arms around him and moved slightly to better support Wufei's weight. They parted once air became an issue and continued to stare at each other.
 
“You want this?” Wufei breathed.
 
“Yes.” Harry brought a hand up to run his fingers through Wufei's loose hair, earning a smile.
 
“We should probably get up off the floor though, can't be very comfortable.”
 
“Can you get up?” Wufei tried but winced.
“This is going to be embarrassing.” Harry groaned, letting his head fall back to hit the tiles.
 
“Hey! You guys drowned in there?” They both groaned, of all people to find them it had to be Duo.
 
“He's never going to let us live this down is he?”
 
“He will if he doesn't want to become intimately acquainted with my katana.” Harry laughed.
 
“We're stuck Duo! Can you give us a hand?” The door opened slowly and then Duo walked in, grin spreading.
 
“Not one word Maxwell. I can't get up and Harry's getting squashed.”
 
“Sure, whatever you say Wu-man.” The braided pilot helped his friend up.
“Can you get up?”
 
“Yeah, I'm fine.” Harry pushed himself up off the tiles.
 
“So I guess this means I don't have to lock you two in a closet.” Harry turned crimson and Wufei growled, last thing he needed was for Duo to scare Harry off.
 
“Back off Maxwell, I fell.”
 
“So how did Harry end up on the bottom?”
 
“He was standing in front of me and I knocked him over.”
 
“If you say so but that doesn't explain the messed up hair or lips.” Harry turned to the wall, banging his head against it.
 
“Don't suppose I can threaten to hex you if you don't back off?” His off hand question brought them back to reality, fast. They still hadn't discussed what Harry had done the day before. They watched as Harry stiffened, realising what he'd just said. He quickly left the room.
 
“Harry!”
 
“Let him go Fei. Come on, let's get you back to bed.”
 
“I'm not an invalid.” He grumbled.
 
“Sure you're not but your leg is still broken even after Harry's healing thing.” Harry wasn't in the room when they got back, worrying Wufei.
“I'll find him.” Duo left once he'd gotten Wufei back into bed. He headed downstairs to find the others, minus Harry, in the kitchen.
“Did Harry come past here?”
 
“No. What's wrong?”
 
“Nothing, Wufei wants him though.”
 
“Duo!”
 
“What, you should have seen the position I found them in.”
 
“We didn't see him so he must be in the living room.” Quatre got up to look; sure enough a dark head of hair was visible over the back of the couch.
“Morning Harry.” The head turned and Harry gave him a weak smile.
 
“Hi Quatre.”
 
“Are you alright?”
 
“Fine.” Quatre frowned, Harry was too tense.
 
“Don't worry Harry, come on you need to eat.” He pulled Harry off of the couch and into the kitchen.
 
“There you are! Fei wants you.”
 
“He needs to eat first, then we'll all head up.” The only conversation during the meal was between Duo and Quatre; Harry was too tense to participate.
-------
“What are you?” Harry flinched at Heero's harsh question. Wufei wanted to squeeze his hand in comfort but Harry had retreated to the corner farthest from them all, his arms crossed defensively across his chest.
 
“Heero! It's all right Harry. You aren't the only one with gifts, I'm an empath.” Quatre tried to calm him down, no one wanted a repeat of yesterdays power display. Harry stared at Quatre until the blond shifted slightly, it felt like Harry could see right through him. Trowa laid a protective hand on his shoulder, earning him a smile.
“We'd really like to know how you did those things.”
 
“Magic.” Dead silence followed his answer.
 
“Seriously? Wow!”
 
“Duo. There is no such thing as magic.”
 
“So how do you explain what I did?”
 
“Technology of an unknown type.”
 
“Technology? Hello! I can barely even use a computer! I'm a wand waving, cauldron using, broom flying Wizard Heero!”
 
“You fly a broom?”
 
“Yes Duo, I can fly a broom.” Harry sighed tiredly, running his fingers through his hair. Stepping away from the wall he went to his bag and pulled out his still shrunken trunk, which he enlarged with a word. Opening it he dug out some of his books, tossing them at the pilots. He removed his broom and let it hover next to his hand. Duo stepped forward, curious.
 
“Can I look?”
 
“Knock yourself out.” Duo hesitantly touched the hovering broom before running his hands over it.
 
“I don't think this is electronic guys. Can I have a go?”
 
“Duo.”
 
“Not inside and I'd prefer to start you on something other than a Firebolt, that's if it would even work for you. I suppose I could take you up later.”
 
“So you're good?”
 
“Youngest Seeker in a century.”
 
“Seeker?”
 
“Position in a sport played on brooms called Quidditch.”
 
“What else can you do?” Harry shrugged.
 
“Lots of things.”
 
“Your running from other Wizards aren't you.” Wufei asked, concerned. From what they'd seen Harry do he didn't know how they could help protect him if his people caught up with them.
 
“Yeah. Apparently I'm not allowed to have my own life.”
 
“Why not?”
 
“It's complicated.”
 
“So tell. You know what we are thanks to that poster.”
 
“Gundam pilots.”
 
“Yeah. That a problem?” Wufei tensed, the bathroom had been very much heat of the moment. Now that he'd been reminded what Wufei did would he regret it? Harry turned to him as if sensing what he was thinking. He walked over to the bed and sat beside Wufei.
 
“Not for me. I can swear a Wizards Oath to keep your secrets if you want.”
 
“That a big deal?”
 
“Yeah, there are some nasty consequences for breaking it.”
 
“I trust you not to tell.” Quatre said with Duo nodding to back him up.
 
“So why won't they let you leave?”
 
“Because they want me to win their war for them.”
 
TBC…