Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Surrey Trouble ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Same as all the other chapters.
Sorry about the wait, had to finish exams. No real action in this, it's a filer I guess.
 
Chapter 10
 
 
Harry lay content in the arms that protectively surrounded him. Happy to stay in his half asleep state he snuggled closer to the others warm body.
 
“Morning.” He sighed as warm breath tickled his neck, opening his eyes to look up at his companion.
 
“Morning. Do we have to get up?” Fei chuckled.
 
“Not yet.” He pulled Harry closer.
 
“Mmm, good. Still sleepy.” Harry yawned, eyes drifting shut.
 
“I noticed, go back to sleep.” Wufei dropped a kiss onto the top of his head, gently running a hand up and down his companions arm. He smiled as Harry's breathing evened out, indicating he was asleep again. He moved slightly so he could watch the other teen as he slept. It had been a week since their mad escape from Surrey and Harry still hadn't given his decision. On their second night here Harry had pushed his bed over so that they had plenty of room to sleep together. Heero and Trowa had obviously spoken to their respective other halves since no comments had been made, something he was extremely grateful for. If Maxwell said something to make Harry back off then broken leg or not he would kill the braided pilot. At odd times Wufei found himself hoping that Harry would take the offer of a new identity. He cared deeply for the teen and wanted him kept safe, even if that would break his heart. At other times he wanted him to stay with them all the time, moving from safe-house to safe-house. He knew that couldn't happen, it put all of them in extra, unneeded danger but that didn't stop him from thinking about it. He sighed and snuggled closer to Harry's sleeping form, they still had about two hours until the others would be up. He smiled, burying his face in Harry's neck and letting himself drift back into sleep.
------------
Harry opened the door and froze. What was he meant to do? Back out and hope to remain unseen or just ignore them and walk through? He could feel himself blushing as he watched, unable to tear his eyes away.
 
“Harry? You coming?” He bolted from the room; not noticing as the pair broke apart, grinning at his rapidly retreating form.
 
“That was cruel.”
 
“Hn.”
 
“True, he does need to get comfortable with affection. Wonder what he would have done if Quat hadn't yelled?” Duo shrugged and went back to what he'd been doing before; making out with his boyfriend something he didn't do enough in his opinion.
 
“Bedroom.”
 
“Great idea Hee-chan.” The two stumbled towards their room, only parting whenever absolutely necessary. Trowa smiled as the tow passed him, closing the bedroom door for them once they'd entered. It was a little odd that Wufei hadn't complained once about the noises from the room, especially since he was still bed bound and very protective of Harry's feelings. What was even odder was that he couldn't hear anything when standing right in front of the room.
 
“Silencing spell.” He turned to see a still slightly red Harry standing at the other end of the hall.
“They could blow the room up and we won't hear it as long as the door's closed. Figured it was best for our sanity. I can put one on your room if you want.”
 
“Thank you.”
 
“No problem.”
-----------
“You want out of that bed?”
 
“Thought I still wasn't allowed any weight on it?”
 
“It's been over a week so all the potions I poured down your throat are definitely out of your system. I figure another dose or two and your leg should be totally healed. Though I will warn you, they taste absolutely horrid.”
 
“I'll deal with the taste.”
 
“Figured as much.” Harry enlarged his trunk and went straight for his medical supplies. He'd been keeping it shrunk in case anything happened, like having to escape quickly.
“Trowa asked me to put a silencing spell on their room as well.”
 
“Really?” They exchanged grins. Harry handed over a smallish bottle, which Wufei eyed carefully.
“What's in it?”
 
“Trust me, you really don't want to know.” He nodded and swallowed it down, wincing slightly at the taste. Harry used a quick diagnostic spell to watch his leg as the potion went to work.
“Looks good. You should be hobbling by tomorrow.”
 
“Thank you.”
 
“What are friends for?” He flopped on the bed beside him, slipping his wand back into its holster.
 
“Do you miss it?”
 
“Miss what?” Harry curled on his side against Wufei, smiling as an arm wrapped around him, pulling him into a warm side.
 
“The Wizarding World.” Harry thought about it.
 
“Surprisingly no. I used to wait eagerly for summer holidays to be over so I could go back and I hated leaving it but now? I don't want to ever go back. I do miss Hogwarts, not the actual people or anything but the castle itself. It was the first place I ever considered home. I don't miss the fame or having people watch my every move. I don't even really miss magic, since I'm of age there's nothing stopping me using it here. Moony made sure there were no tracking spells on me or any of my things so they can't find me. He even made it so only Hedwig can find me and that no one can track her.”
 
“I'm glad. I don't want you to be sad.”
 
“I think the time with you guys has been about the happiest I've ever been.” Harry turned to lay a soft kiss on the others lips.
“I wish I could stay with you always.”
 
“Me too.”
 
“What type of places are Quat's places in?” Wufei sat up slightly and looked down at Harry.
 
“You've decided?”
 
“Yeah. The Circus sounds kind of cool but I wouldn't know what to do living in one. There is no way I'm giving you up so that means no new life somewhere.” Wufei smiled and felt something inside relax at that.
“That left Ms. Po or Quatre's offer. I think I need training and a place where I can work on my magic without to much threat of attack to take the offer of furthering my medical knowledge.”
 
“Quatre has many places all over the world and the colonies. For now you should probably stay on Earth, the colonies are too unsettled. You could go to the desert, the Mediterranean, Europe, nearly anywhere.”
 
“The desert? Sounds interesting. I'm sick of England's soggy wet coldness.”
 
“Do you speak Arabic?”
 
“Nope, translation charms are a wonderful thing and I could learn.” He smiled smugly and Wufei attacked. They collapsed back after a while, exhausted from laughter. Harry relaxed, content for one of the few times in his life as he ran his fingers through Fei's dark hair. His hair tie had been a casualty of their tickle war.
 
“If you don't cut your hair soon I'll be lending you ties.” The other teen commented running his hands through Harry's lengthening hair.
 
“Maybe I should let it grow, it seems to be tamer and there is some pureblood tradition to do with hair length and your position.”
 
“Really?”
 
“Yeah, various lengths and styles mean different things. Technically I should already be wearing it long since I'm the only male in my family.”
 
“How long? Maxwell's length?”
 
“Somewhere between yours and his, I think.”
 
“Do you want to? Thought you didn't believe in all that tradition nonsense.”
 
“I don't and from the pictures I've seen neither did Dad. But once this is all over it might be a good idea to be seen to follow some of the traditions. I hate to even think it but if I decide to keep any contact I'll end up being pushed towards politics in some way. No way I'll run for Minister, no matter what anyone says.”
 
“You could do a lot of good.”
 
“Maybe. They won't like that I'm involved with a Muggle though.”
 
“What about the male part?”
 
“Not really a big deal.”
 
“Will they really try to cause trouble because of me?”
 
“Some might, but don't worry. I can handle it.” Both noticed it didn't feel weird to talk of them still being together several years in the future.
“Stay with me?” Harry asked softly.
 
“For as long as you want me.” They exchanged a gentle kiss.
 
TBC…