Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Surrey Trouble ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Still the same.
Finally getting a little background on the Trio's split. Hope it's okay. People wanted to know why Harry trusts Luna and Neville so here it is.
 
Chapter 11
 
 
Harry froze with his hand on the door, listening intently. He could make out the voices of his friends through the compartment door and it sounded like a pretty intense argument.
 
“How dare you!”
 
“Me? You backstabbing idiot! How could you do this to him? He's meant to be your best friend after all.” He was surprised to recognise Neville's voice, the other boy was usually very softly spoken.
“I pity you Weasley, you truly don't know a good thing when you've got it?”
 
“A good thing? Yeah right! Always in Potter's shadow, just a sidekick. If it weren't for Mione and me he wouldn't have made it to the stone in first year or worked out what the monster was. But do we get the credit we deserve? No! It's all the Golden Boys'.” Harry felt tears prickle as Ron spat back at Neville.
 
“You should be ashamed of yourselves, Ronald, Hermione. Harry has always put others first. It is not his or our fault that you are to blinded by your own self importance to see that.” Luna's dreamy voice brought a slight smile.
 
“Oh shut up Loony, who cares what you think?” He bristled at Hermione's words. Had she forgotten first year?
“The Headmaster knows what's best after all. He was the one who asked us to watch Harry and for good reasons. He simply has no respect for authority.”
 
“And I don't blame him! With everything the Ministry and most of our teachers have put him through I wouldn't blame him if he left! Come on Luna, let's find Harry. He doesn't need to be around these idiots!” Harry backed off as the door began to open, fleeing down the corridor to lock himself in the bathroom. But he refused to let the tears fall.
----------
Wufei frowned as Harry began to move fitfully. Gently he ran his fingers through the other teens hair, letting him know he wasn't alone. As tears began to slip past his closed eyelids Fei gathered him to his chest, slowly rocking them.
 
“It's okay Harry, I'm here. Wake up love, you're not there. Come back to me Harry.”
 
“Fei?”
 
“Shhh. You're alright, I've got you.” He pressed a kiss to the unruly hair.
 
“Why? What did I do wrong? Why did they betray me?”
 
“You didn't do anything Harry. Some people have no loyalty. They aren't worth your pain.” Harry still hadn't told him exactly what had happened but he'd pieced enough together to know that friends Harry had trusted with his life had betrayed him, spying on him for another. He'd love to get his hands on them for what they'd done; it could take years for Harry to recover from their betrayal. He knew Harry wanted to trust them but he also didn't want to be hurt again. He felt Harry slowly begin to relax in his arms.
“Sleep, I'm here. Let me guard your dreams.” He tilted Harry's head back so that he could claim his lips in a gentle kiss. Harry was soon asleep again but Fei found himself unable to follow him.
“I swear I will do everything I can to make sure they never hurt you again.” He whispered into raven hair. It was as he was drifting off that he realised what he'd called Harry without a thought, causing him to smile as he drifted off. He truly did love him.
-----------------
“Hey! You're walking!”
 
“Thank you for stating the obvious Maxwell.” Wufei drawled earning a laugh from Harry who was standing at his elbow, ready to help if he was needed.
 
“Should you be doing that?”
 
“His leg's fine now. He still shouldn't try anything too strenuous for a few days but walking's fine.”
 
“That's great! I think Heero's getting a little cabin fever.”
 
“Oh. Guess that means we'll be leaving soon” Harry frowned. His time with the other five had been so good he didn't want it to end.
 
“Yeah, so we need to know you're decision soon so we can get set up.”
 
“He'll be staying at one of Quatre's places, preferably in the desert.”
 
“Really? That's great! We'll all make sure to drop by as often as possible. I'll go tell the others the news.” Duo bolted form the room much to Wufei's amusement. He looked to Harry to see him still frowning.
 
“Harry? What is it?”
 
“I don't want this to end.” He whispered.
 
“We aren't ending. Yes, it'll be hard and we won't see each other for long periods of time but there's nothing else we can do. I can't quite Harry.”
 
“I know, I wouldn't ask you to. I just hate that I won't know what's going on.”
 
“We'll keep in contact, I promise.” Harry moved into his welcoming embrace.
 
“Good, otherwise I'm coming after you. You have to stay alive remember.” Wufei laughed.
 
“I remember, I have very good incentive to do so.
------------
“May I have your attention please?” He waited until the chatter died down.
“Thank you. As I'm sure you have noticed one of your classmates has failed to return this year. Mr. Potter is currently at a secure location. We have reason to believe that a case of mistaken identity caused him to flee for his life from his home. As most of you are aware there is turmoil in the muggle world, much of which has been caused by five terrorists. One of those terrorists bares a remarkable resemblance to Mr. Potter. It appears that soldiers were sent to his residence, believing that the terrorist was living there. Mr. Potter managed to escape them and disappear in the muggle world before contacting us. He has now been removed from the school and placed into advanced training for the coming war. Because of that you are asked not to try to contact him, as he must focus on his training. Only the best have been chosen to help him in his task. With luck he will be back by after Christmas, next school year at the latest. I am sure we all wish him luck. Thank you.” Dumbledore sat as the Great Hall erupted with conversations, all about Harry.
 
“It would be interesting if the muggles did catch him.”
 
“Severus! Don't suggest it. Do you have any idea what they would do to him if they really thought he was that terrorist? He does not deserve to be tortured, no matter what you think!”
 
“Minerva is right my boy. We must find Harry before they do.”
 
“Why not inform the muggles of Mr. Potter's circumstances?”
 
“The Minister has refused to do so.” The teachers failed to notice the two students listening very carefully.
---------
“We need to get a letter to Harry somehow, let him know what's going on.”
 
“How?” Neville sighed.
 
“I don't know Luna, but we have to do something. There's more to it than Dumbledore said. You heard as well, they don't know where Harry is.”
 
“Of course there is. Perhaps the house elves?”
 
“Huh?”
 
“The one that likes Harry. He should be able to find him.”
 
“Luna you're a genius.”
 
“I doubt that Neville, but that was kind of you.”
 
“Don't take this the wrong way but you've been acting different the last year.”
 
“Perhaps I am not as loony as others suppose?” Neville laughed.
 
“You sure had most people fooled. Lets go find that elf.” He bowed to the Ravenclaw, earning a slight giggle. The two left the Room of Requirements to find a certain hyper house elf. Neither noticed the ease with witch they got around the castle lately although they wondered that no teachers ever caught them out after curfew. Hogwarts would protect those who were loyal to her children.
---------------
Wufei watched in amusement as Harry stared out the window at the ground far below in wonder. He knew Harry was used to flying and at fairly impressive altitudes considering it was on a stick of wood but it was nice to see him so carefree and excited. They'd split up to travel to the mansion Harry would be living in for the foreseeable future and Wufei and chosen air as their method simply for Harry's enjoyment. He'd seen Harry fly just once, when he'd taken Duo up. They'd all had a good laugh at the self proclaimed Shingami when the two had landed, even Duo had been worried at some of the stunts Harry had pulled. He knew they'd all briefly wondered how that skill would translate in a Gundam. It was tempting to find out.
 
“Not air sick?” He grinned at Harry's unamused look.
 
“Are you kidding? This is great! I've never been so high!”
 
“I thought you'd enjoy this more than a boat or truck.”
 
“Definitely. How long?”
 
“Another hour or so. We'll meet the others at the house.” Harry nodded and turned back to the window but not before entwining their fingers so that he had a good grip on Wufei's hand. He could see that while still excited Harry was also extremely nervous. After all, they were leaving him in a foreign country in a house full of strangers. What annoyed Wufei was that he had a mission in the morning. He knew the others would stay as long as they could to help Harry settle but he didn't want to be parted so soon when they had no idea how long it would be for. He hadn't said anything to Harry yet but he'd seen the look the raven haired teen had given him before they'd left that morning, he'd heard Wufei's laptop beeping and that meant only one thing.
 
“I wish you didn't have to go.” Harry murmured, still staring out the window. It amazed hi how the other seemed to read his thoughts at times but Harry had sworn telepathy was not a Wizarding ability.
 
“We have tonight. Maybe it will be a short trip.”
 
“Knowing my luck? It'll last a year or two.”
 
“Don't say that. You'll be so busy with training and enjoying the sites you won't even notice the time until I get back.”
 
“Just make sure you do come back or I swear I'm coming after you and you do not want a pissed off Wizard out for your blood.”
 
“Understood.” He smiled as Harry moved from the window to lean against him.
 
“Think the others are having fun?”
 
“As long as Heero hasn't shot Duo yet.”
 
“They are a weird pair, I can see Quatre and Trowa easily but those two? I'm surprised Heero hasn't shot him yet.”
 
“You could do it for him next time you see them.” Harry stiffened slightly.
“You're still not comfortable with the idea of learning how to use a gun are you?”
 
“I know it's silly. I mean, in a way the killing curse is worse and I've accepted I'll need to learn it but for some reason yes the gun does bother me more. It's stupid I know.”
 
“No it's not, it is something that bothers you. But you will be taught be competent professionals who will make sure you can use it safely.” He dropped a kiss on Harry's nose earning a blush.
 
“Fei.” He hissed.
“People will see.”
 
“I don't care. Does it bother you?”
 
“I'm used to stares but I thought we were meant to keep a low profile. I doubt everyone staring at us counts.” Harry admonished.
 
“You are correct and the fact that you had to remind me is not good.”
 
“So I guess it's good I put up silencing and notice-me-not charms before we took off.” Harry grinned at Wufei's flabbergasted expression.
 
“You what?” With that he attacked, secure in the knowledge that with Harry's charms they were safe from notice. He quickly set about reducing his companion to a laughing mess for the rest of the flight.
 
TBC…