Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Surrey Trouble ❯ Chapter 22 ( Chapter 22 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any of it! If I did I would not be renting an apartment with two other people.
I know I said in two other fics that there would be no updates for a while but I find myself procrastinating when it comes to uni work this week so you're in luck.
 
Chapter 22
 
 
Harry watched Rashid pace, envying the man his ability to do so. Instead he was stuck in a chair that Asad had dragged into the hall for him. It had been ten hours since the pilots had been brought back and there was still no word. Armando was standing by with various potions and spells but could do nothing until the doctors left the room. Harry's other tutors had flat out refused to help and had since been memory charmed and dismissed by Armando on Harry's orders. He could always hire more tutors, friends, especially ones like Quatre and Trowa, were impossible to replace. Harry found himself regretting the fact that he had asked Fawkes to search for Neville and Luna; phoenix tears would be useful right about now.
 
“Sit down Rashid, your wearing a hole in the carpet will not bring word any faster.” The two looked down the hall to see Nasih approaching, frowning sternly at them.
“At least you are being sensible Minkah.”
 
“Only because it's physically impossible for me to pace sir.” Harry managed a small smile for his teacher.
 
“True, but you have been sitting here for far too long. Take him back to his room and put him to bed Rashid, I will keep watch.” Nasih ordered the younger man.
 

I'm not tired Nasih, honest.” Harry was too scared and worried to be tired, adrenaline was a wonderful thing.
 
“Perhaps, but you are still recovering so humour an old man.” Harry frowned but nodded, helpfully wrapping his arms around Rashid's neck as he was lifted.
“There is a nice mug of hot chocolate waiting for you. Drink it and try to get some sleep. You do not want to be exhausted if you are called.” Harry waved as Rashid moved down the hall.
 
It didn't take very long for Rashid to help him into bed and hand him the warm mug. Harry smiled and took a sip, relaxing slightly as the warm liquid slid down his throat.
 
“I'm fine Rashid, you don't have to stay with me. You'll let me know…?”
 
“Of course. Sleep well Harry.” Rashid left and Harry continued to drink the chocolate Half way through he frowned, why was he suddenly so tired? Just holding the mug took a lot of effort. He barely managed to put it down before he collapsed against his pillows and his eyes fell shut. Ten minutes later Nasih slipped into the room, smiling at the sleeping teen as he carefully moved him into a more comfortable position. Whatever Armando had given him had worked well; the boy was completely unaware he was being moved. Despite what Minkah may claim he did need the sleep and now he was guaranteed at least ten hours of solid, dream free sleep. Nasih collected the mug and left the room as silently as he'd entered.
 
------------
“Welcome back” Harry groaned and blinked blearily as the figure sitting beside the bed.
 
“What?” He slurred, struggling to sit up but his limbs seemed reluctant to cooperate.
 
“Relax Harry, give it some time. Nasih took it into his head to drug you so you would actually get some sleep and Armando helped him.” Asad finally came into focus as the man leant closer.
 
“How long?” His voice was still slurred but a little better.
 
“Nearly fifteen hours.”
 
“Others?” Harry finally managed to sit up with Asad's help.
 
“Still unconscious. Trowa's the worst, looks like he protected Quatre with his own body. It was touch and go for both of them for a long time but the docs are assuring everyone that they'll make a full recovery, it will just take a while. I don't know what Armando did but he saved Trowa's life, Juri said they'd done all they could but it wasn't enough. They estimate about a week until Quatre wakes, two or more for Trowa.” Harry relaxed slightly.
 
“But they'll be okay?” Harry moved his arms around, the remainder of the potion; it had to be a potion if Armando was involved, was wearing off.
 
“They'll be fine, a few new scars, that's all.”
 
“Fei and Heero?” Asad frowned and Harry felt a pang of fear.
“Asad?”
 
“Still no word. I'm sorry Harry. Duo reported in on time so he's fine. You know Wufei will do everything possible to make it back to you.” Harry nodded but couldn't stop the growing feeling that something was terribly wrong.
 
----------------
Prussian blue eyes were wide with worry as gentle hands searched his partners' body, nearly wincing as he found several broken bones. Oz was getting impatient with their silence and so their treatment was getting more brutal. He honestly didn't know how much longer they could hold out. At least this time it was only the two of them. His thoughts drifted to his lover, carefully picturing his smiling face and knowing he'd never see him again. It would be worse for the lover of the teen he held carefully, the boy was no soldier. His eyes slid shut against his will as his body gave into the need to sleep.
 
----------------------
Harry could feel Hedwig watching as he threw the covers back and moved to the edge of the bed. She hooted reproachfully and he paused to look at his oldest friend.
 
“I can't afford to be stuck in bed any longer Hedwig. I have to do this!” With that he pushed himself up, grabbing the bedpost to try and stay on his feet. He grabbed his magic and focused as hard as he could on pushing it through his lower body. His mothers love had saved him from Dark Magic as a baby, now his love for Wufei and his friends would have to help him against its hold on his body. His stomach threatened to rebel as the two magics clashed within him but he fought it down and struggled to keep his focus. He gradually straightened and let go of the post. Gradually he moved one leg forward, pausing for a few seconds before repeating the process with the other one. Harry felt his face break into a grin as Hedwig began hooting and flying around his room. Taking a deep breath he released his magic into his body and the room, letting it clash with the lingering bits of Dark Magic.
 
------------
“Duo can't abandon his mission, he has no way out before its finished. Trowa and Quatre won't recover in time to make any difference.” Rashid said, staring glumly at the table, the other Maganacs nodding in agreement.
 
“Maybe I can do something.” Heads swivelled to the door in shock. Harry grinned at the looks on their faces as he stood casually in the doorway, fully dressed, hair braided and under his own power.
 
“Harry? How?” The teen laughed at their shock and walked further into the room.
 
“It's amazing what pure stubbornness can do. So what's going on?” He leant against the wall, enjoying being able to stand too much too willing join them sitting at the table.
 
“We've received word form a spy, it is as we feared. Heero and Wufei have been captured by Oz. Doctor G refuses to allow Duo to attempt a rescue and we can't spare the men since they are being held on L3.”
 
“So, someone needs to go save them. Any word on wether they're to be executed?” Harry was fighting to keep his emotions in check but so far he was managing.
 
“Not yet so we have some time. They are probably interrogating them.” Rashid answered.
 
“Read torture.” Harry growled, the amber in eyes becoming more prominent.
“Got a way to get someone onto that colony?”
 
“You can not be thinking that! You've only just started walking today! They would kill us if we let you go.”
 
“At least they'd be around to do it!” Harry took a deep breath to calm himself.
“Look, I'm not suggesting I leave today but like you said, they haven't been scheduled for execution yet which gives us time. It's time I went back to training.” Harry's glare dared anyone to disagree and they all gradually nodded.
“Good, lets start, we don't have a lot of time.
 
----------------
“I heard what you're planning to do.”
 
“Don't start Armando, I'm still pissed off at you for helping Nasih drug me.”
 
“I wasn't going to. Did you know that magic on the colonies isn't monitored at all? Well, unless you start massacring people in the street in broad daylight or whatever it is they have.” Harry turned to stare at his tutor, a smile slowly spreading across his face to match the one on Armando's.
 
“Really? Got any good stealth charms?” Armando laughed.
 
“Well I was an Unspeakable for ten years. Think you can handle them Potter?”
 
“Anything you can throw at me.”
 
“Let's go.”
 
---------------
Harry flipped open his beeping laptop and grinned as he saw Duo's shocked face. They'd set up his computer so that the pilots could call him on it to talk during missions if need be and Duo obviously thought it was needed. The look on the other braided teens face was definitely worth it.
 
“You…you're…”
 
“Taller?” Harry couldn't help the grin.
 
“STANDING!!” Harry winced at his friends' volume.
 
“I'm not deaf you know.” He growled, earning a chuckle.
 
“Sorry. But…wow! How long?”
 
“Three days now. You should have seen the look on the others faces when I casually strolled into the room. There a reason you're calling? Asad's waiting for me.”
 
“Huh? Yeah. Just wanted to see how you're doing, now that we know…”
 
“Where 05 and 01 are?” Duo nodded, they never used their names over the line, just in case it was tapped.
“I'm mad and scared. How about you?” Harry kept his answers light; he really didn't want to break into tears, again.
 
“Same. Stupid Doctors! Anything happens to those two and I'm going to kill them.”
 
“We're working on it from here. We're hoping to get something together soon.”
 
“We?”
 
“Hey, I can help with sneaky suggestion, I am a son of and heir to the Marauders you know.” Harry winced mentally, he hated lying to Duo but the pilot couldn't know what they were planning until it was too late to do anything to stop him.
 
“Yeah, just take it easy. How are the lovebirds?”
 
“Still out to it although 04 stirred a bit this morning. They don't look so much like breathing corpses anymore.”
 
“That's good. I better go. Don't do anything crazy Green Eyes.”
 
“Look who's talking. Take care of yourself 02.” With that the line went dead and Harry headed downstairs to get back to training.
 
------------
Harry watched in awe as the Earth slowly got smaller and smaller in his window.
 
“First time in space Mr. Evans?”
 
“Yes ma'am, its incredible!” The young attendant laughed at the blonds' enthusiasm.
 
“That it is. Just give me a call if you need anything.” Harry, otherwise known as Matthew Evans nodded and turned back to the view. Soon he'd be able to put their plan into action. A lot of it was unplanned though, leaving him a lot of room to `play' with the spells Armando had taught him. If everything went well he'd be in and out with the pilots before anyone even noticed. Of course now he'd jinxed himself and was sure to be discovered, oh well. There were several contingency plans for that too.
 
TBC…