Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Surrey Trouble ❯ Chapter 23 ( Chapter 23 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Still don't own them.
You're lucky. I had two huge needles stuck in my foot this morning so I'm in too much pain to do my uni work. Bad for me, good for all my wonderful readers! Thanks for the reviews of the last chapter, I was worried I'd rushed his walking too much but you all seem to like it. On with the story!
I haven't really seen anything of Howard so sorry if he's totally OOC or anything.
 
Chapter 23
 
 
Matthew Evans laughed along with the soldiers as they sat around the bar. He'd been on L3 for four days and had made friends with the young soldiers very fast, there was just something about him that they couldn't help but like. He seemed to radiate innocence and honesty and they were drawn in like bees to honey.
 
“Come on Matt, you should join up! I'm serious, you'd be great!” A young lieutenant, Nicholas something, slurred as he clumsily swung an arm around Matts' shoulders.
 
“You really think so?” Matt fought not to fall off his stool from the extra weight. The whole group was plastered but they didn't care.
 
“You bet! You're a great guy! Isn't he?” Various versions of yes came from the rest of the group, at least those portions that were still conscious.
 
“Thanks you guys! You're right, I'll do it!” He pushed his stool back, intending to stand and instead ended up sprawled inelegantly on the floor.
“Who moved the floor?” He frowned in puzzlement as the others howled with laughter.
 
“You are so wasted Matt!”
 
“Like you're any better Nick.” He accepted the hand up and ended up pulling Nick down on top of him, bringing certain parts of their anatomy into intimate contact. Matt leered drunkenly at Nick's gasp.
“You like?” Nick nodded.
“Let's go!” The two scrambled to their feet amid catcalls from the rest of the soldiers and left, leaning on each other as they staggered away from the bar.
 
“Your place or mine?” Nick tried to whisper seductively but it didn't really work.
 
“Mine!” Matt steered them towards the dingy apartment he was renting.
 
With frequent pauses for heated kisses it took nearly an hour to reach the small apartment but it had done nothing to sober Nick and the soldier eagerly started pulling his friend towards what had to be the bedroom.
 
“Meet you there, got to grab supplies.” Matt ran his hands down Nick's chest before gently pushing him towards the bedroom. As soon as Nick was out of sight Harry straightened from his slouch, instantly sober, not that he'd actually been drunk in the first place. It took seconds to grab what he needed and slip into the bedroom. Nick was sprawled naked on the bed, his clothes randomly tossed around the room.
 
“Come here.” He slurred and Matt eagerly joined him on the bed. They kissed some more before Matt poured them both some champagne and handed Nick a glass.
 
“I've been saving this a while, seems like a good time to drink it.”
 
“Oh yeah!” Nick actually giggled as he downed the glass but he wouldn't have been so eager if he'd seen the calculating look in Matt's eyes.
 
Harry smiled as he watched Nick's eyes become glazed and unfocused as the potion kicked in. He really needed to up Armando's wages or something, the guy was a genius!
 
“What is your full name and rank?” Harry had sat up, pulling the sheet up so that he didn't have to stare at the lieutenant's naked body.
 
“Nicholas Fredric Freedman, lieutenant.” Nick's voice was monotone and he wasn't even trying to not answer Harry's questions.
 
----------------
Harry made his way towards the base, dressed in Nicholas' uniform and using glamour charms to assume his appearance. He'd left the older man, drugged into unconsciousness in his apartment with a note for whoever found him. He felt dirty for the way he'd acted to get Nick alone and to lower his defences, he'd feel horrid if the guy got killed because he'd decided to borrow his id for a while. The altered form of Veritaserum had worked well, despite his being as drunk as a skunk and would have no side effects, unlike the usual version if taken with alcohol. Using the stolen identity he simply strolled past the bases security, easily returning and offering salutes to the people he passed. He was memorising everything he saw in case he needed to get back out with the pilots, he was hoping to bluff it but he was prepared to run and fight if absolutely necessary. With the unleashing of his magic his mental abilities had jumped, he had near perfect recall and had finally mastered Occlumency and Legilimency, it had made learning the bases layout easy, he'd simply taken the information from Nicholas' mind. Once as close as Nicholas had any business being to the cells he checked his surroundings before using the advanced version of the disillusionment spell that Armando had taught him. Having an ex-Unspeakable for a tutor was certainly coming in handy.
 
--------
Hero tensed and looked to the door as it silently opened, frowning as no one came in.
 
“Are you okay Heero?” An unfamiliar voice asked.
 
“Who's there?” He asked suspiciously, moving further in front of Wufei in hopes of protecting the unconscious pilot.
 
“It's me, Harry. I'm the rescue party.” He nearly jumped as he felt a hand rest lightly on his shoulder.
 
“Nice try, you sound nothing like him. Confinement is finally getting to me, I'm hallucinating.”
 
“No you're not. I'm using a glamour charm to hide my identity and an advanced disillusionment spell so I can't be seen. We really need to move now, before someone notices you talking to thin air and that the door's open. Think you can carry Fei?”
 
“Why should I believe you?”
 
“The day of my seventeenth Birthday you guys took me into London and then you drugged me when I said I was planning to disappear. Happy?” Harry all but growled, they were running short of time.
 
“Fine.” Heero turned and awkwardly lifted his fellow pilot. He saw Wufei's hair move as if a hand had brushed through it and then he was moving through the door, an invisible hand on his elbow guiding him. A few corridors later they stopped and his companion suddenly appeared. He held Wufei closer as he studied the man in an Oz lieutenant's uniform. The officer smiled sheepishly.
 
“Lieutenant Freedman doesn't really need it at the moment.” Harry shrugged.
 
“Oh?”
 
“He's unconscious inside the apartment Matthew Evans rented. Come on, we have to hurry.”
 
“You plan for us to just walk out?”
 
“Yep, it's called bluffing.” Heero stared at him in shock.
 
“Plan B?”
 
“Is a lot louder and potentially very messy. So can we try to avoid it? Some friends of 02's are waiting for as at one of the docks.” Heero nodded and followed the man that was apparently a well disguised Harry, it sure beat sitting in that cell, waiting to be tortured or killed.
 
“You there! Where are you going with the prisoners?” Harry made eye contact with the guard and lied through his teeth.
 
“Orders, they are to be transferred to Earth for execution. Here are my papers.” Harry held his breath, hoping what he'd done worked. Planting memories was hard.
 
“These are in order, carry on sir.” The guard saluted and moved off, no one else noticing the slightly glazed look in his eyes. Harry used the same move three more times successfully and then they reached the gates. Unfortunately the guards mind was made of sterner stuff.
 
“These aren't right. Put your hands up!” Guns were suddenly aimed in their direction and Harry shrugged, apparently nonchalant.
 
“Okay.” He brought his hands up and unleashed a wave of wandless stunners, two times more powerful than usual. Soldiers went flying only to crumple to the ground, unconscious. Hero nearly gaped in shock at the sight of the soldiers lying around like discarded rag dolls.
“Coming?” He nodded and followed Harry as quickly as possible to a nearby jeep. Harry held his lover while Heero climbed in back and then handed him over, but not before placing a gentle kiss on the unconscious teens forehead. Harry jumped into the drivers seat and they were off.
 
---------------
Harry stood near the door, watching as Duo's friends tended to the injured pilots.
 
“Duo never mentioned a sixth pilot.” Harry turned to the man and smiled slightly, still keeping an eye on the others.
 
“I'm not. Matt Evans, thanks for the lift.” Harry extended his hand.
 
“Howard, don't mention it. This isn't the first time I've leant a hand.” They shook and fell silent. Harry was very glad to have finally been able to drop the various glamour's, they weren't too much of a strain but they did still use up magic.
“We'll have you home…” Howard trailed off and Harry tensed ready for anything.
“Harry Potter!” Except that. Howard's eyes were wide and locked on his rather prominent scar. Until he'd turned his head his bangs had covered the blasted thing but obviously the movement had been enough to reveal it, even if only for a second. He slapped his hand over the mans mouth and glared dangerously. Howard nodded his understanding and led the way out of the sickbay and to what was obviously his room.
“You've caused quite the panic Mr. Potter, despite what Dumbledore has been claiming.”
 
“You're a Wizard.”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“Shit.”
 
“Hey! Relax, I won't tell.”
 
“And why should I believe you?” Harry made eye contact and held it, using the glowing amber flecks to his advantage.
 
“Cause Duo would kill me if I betrayed his friend. He's a good kid, a great mechanic. You've got your reasons for hiding, that's fine.” Harry couldn't sense a lie so he relaxed.
 
“Thanks. So, where did you go to school?”
 
“Hogwarts of course! Dumbledore tried to recruit me first time round, turned him down flat. I prefer machines over magic myself. Though it explains how you got in and out so easily.”
 
“I need a Wizard's Oath.”
 
“Sure thing.”
 
------------------
Wufei didn't dare to move as he regained consciousness. He was positive he was no longer in the cell so where was he and where was Yuy? It felt like he was lying on some sort of bed, a different technique of interrogation? He stretched out his senses and came to the conclusion that he wasn't alone in the room. He forced himself to remain immobile as he felt the bed dip under someone's weight and then a hand was on his forehead.
 
“Come on Fei, wake up please.” His eyes flew open in shock, either he'd finally succumbed to insanity or…
 
“Harry?” He croaked out. Onyx eyes instantly locking with emerald and amber. He stared at the other teen in shock, how?
 
“Its okay, you're back on Earth at Quatre's.” He eagerly drank the water Harry offered him.
“You've been unconscious for about six days, four in the cell and the remaining two on the escape and trip back here. You had several broken ribs, lacerations and a major concussion plus you were dehydrated. Seems I'm always having to patch you up love.” Harry smiled and moved so that he could wrap his arms around a still in shock Fei.
“Heero's fine, he was lucky to get off with a sprained wrist, cracked rib, very mild concussion and dehydration. He's resting in his room. I had to put wards around the bed to keep him in it though, idiot wanted to go check his Gundam.” Harry kissed his lovers forehead and waited for him to recover from his shock.
 
“Harry? How?” Suddenly Harry had his arms full of a near panicking pilot.
“I though I'd never see you again love! I'm sorry.” Harry wrapped his arms and legs around Wufei and hugged him tightly, it felt odd doing this for Wufei, usually it was the other way around. He tightened his grip slightly and smiled.
 
“It's okay, you're back now. I'm never going to lose you Fei. I love you.” Harry whispered various things like that for a while until Wufei pulled himself together. He waited to see how long it would be until Wufei noticed. Wufei pulled back to study Harry's smiling face, once again committing it to memory.
 
“I missed you so much.” Wufei kissed him fiercely, as if to convince himself this was real and not a fever induced hallucination. Harry eagerly responded to the kiss and they only parted when air became essential. Wufei ran his hands through Harry's hair; he loved the extra length and the wave produced by his copying Maxwell's favourite hairstyle. He froze suddenly, running everything that had happened through his memory and then stared down in shock. Harry's legs were tangled with his and as he watched they moved to rub against his. His eyes flew back to Harry's face to see an amused smile.
 
“Surprise.” Harry whispered, kissing him again.
 
“How? When?”
 
“Shortly after Quatre and Trowa were brought in at deaths door and it was confirmed that you two had been captured. With those two out and Duo unable to leave his mission someone had to save your adorable arse.”
 
“Save my… You broke us out?”
 
“Yep. Had a little help in the planning department but I pulled it off all by myself thanks to some really cool new spells Armando taught me. Duo's friend Howard, who it turns out is actually a Wizard, supplied the get away ship back to Earth.”
 
“Are you crazy? Do you have any idea what they would have done to you?” Wufei scowled at Harry, obviously not happy with his lover.
 
“Torture probably.” Wufei blanched at Harry's casual tone and the teen sighed.
“I may not have your training Fei but it wouldn't have been the first time I was tortured.” That earnt him a fierce hug.
“It's okay, everything went to plan and we're all home safely. Well, except Duo but he's still on his mission. I already got a to hour rant from him about what I did since I lied to him and said I was only helping to plan it. But I was the only one who could do it, no muggle could have gotten in and out like I did.”
 
“How did you?” Wufei yawned and Harry smiled tenderly.
 
“I'll tell you later when I think you'll manage to stay awake for it. Get some sleep, I'll watch over you.” Wufei relaxed in his embrace, knowing Harry wouldn't let any harm come to him. He'd stood in front of guns and walked into secure bases for him after all. Harry frowned slightly as he watched Wufei sleep, could he tell him everything he'd done to rescue him? Would Fei still love him if he knew?
 
TBC…