Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Surrey Trouble ❯ Chapter 24 ( Chapter 24 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I still don't own them; if I did the sixth book would have been soooo different!
I'm sick so I'm getting as much written as possible. `Brothers' has actually been updated, so has `My Brother's a Wizard?' and the last three chapters of `New Family' that had to be rewritten have been sent to Mercy Rose to be beta'd. Who knows, maybe I'll write the next new chapter of that story next.
 
 
Chapter 24
 
 
“I am so going to kill you!” Harry's head jerked up as one pissed off Duo Maxwell stormed into the house.
 
“Gee, nice to see you too Duo.” Harry drawled sarcastically. He was not in the mood to put up with another rant form the braided pilot, if it wasn't for him Duo would be minus a boyfriend in a rather permanent manner after all. Unfortunately his reply caught more of the jokers' attention than he'd anticipated.
 
“What is it? What's wrong?” Duo's anger was instantly deflated by concern.
 
“Nothing's wrong.” Harry frowned, confused by Duo's sudden mood change.
 
“Don't try it Harry, I know you better than that. Something's really bothering you.”
 
“It's nothing.” Harry turned back to his book.
 
“Try again.” Duo stole his book and sat right in front of him.
“Did something happen on L3 that you haven't said? Are you okay?” Harry sighed in frustration.
 
“I'm fine Duo, just stressed I guess.”
 
“Understandable. Wufei, Quatre and Trowa are still bed bound for a bit and I'll bet Heero's being the ultimate bad patient.” That earnt the ghost of a grin form the dark haired teen.
 
“I had to ward the bed to keep him in it, stupid git.”
 
“That's my Heero, don't worry, I'll keep him occupied for now on.”
 
“He's supposed to be resting.” Harry chided playfully and Duo grinned.
 
“So what's really wrong, great job trying to distract me by the way.”
 
“I…” Harry hung his head. How could he tell him? He'd tell Wufei and Harry wasn't ready for that.
 
“You had to do something to save them, something you think we'll find unforgivable, especially Fei.” Harry's head shot up and he stared wildly at Duo. He went to bolt but Duo grabbed his wrist, pulling him back onto the couch.
“Harry calm down! We're soldiers Harry, trained to be killers from a pretty young age. Whatever happened I know you did it to save them and for that I'm grateful. I don't know what I would have done if Heero had been killed. I don't care what you did, I can never repay you. Sure, I'm mad that you lied about your role in the mission but I also know you're the only one who could have done it.”
 
“I…I betrayed him.” Harry whispered, ashamed.
 
“Who? Wufei? How?” Duo frowned in confusion.
 
“Easiest way in was to borrow someone's id but I had to get them alone and in a situation where no one would look for them for a while. I ran into a group of young officers my first day and decided to befriend them. One of them, Freedman, I could tell from the looks he kept giving me.” Duo paled slightly, he had a pretty good idea where this was going.
 
“You slept with him.” He stated flatly.
 
“NO! I would never do that!” Harry denied vehemently.
 
“So what happened then?” Duo was confused, if Harry hadn't slept with him what was the problem.
 
“We went out as group, everyone was drunk but me although I pretended. He felon me and liked it so we left. Took an hour to get to the apartment I was renting because we kept stopping to kiss. He went into the bedroom while I grabbed `supplies', he was naked by the time I got in there. We kissed for a while and then I gave him a glass of champagne. I'd drugged it before hand. I got what I needed and left him tied up on the bed.” Harry refused to look at the puzzled Duo; sure he would see disgust on his friend's face. Wufei was his lover and Heero was like a big brother but Duo was his best friend. He didn't want to se his disgust.
 
“I'm still not seeing the problem, you did what you had too to complete your mission within a limited time period and with as few casualties as possible. You didn't betray Wufei Harry; you saved his life by doing what you had to. You even managed to do so without killing anyone.”
 
“But I kissed him.”
 
“So, it didn't mean anything. You think I've never had to kiss someone to keep my cover? That Quatre or any of the others haven't? We've all had to, well, except Heero. But was hard enough to get him to kiss me. Fei'll understand Harry.” Harry finally looked up at Duo to find him smiling at him.
 
“You really think so?”
 
“Sure, if you don't believe me why don't you ask him yourself?” Duo pointed to the door and Harry whipped around, jaw dropping in shock when he saw Wufei leaning against the door tiredly.
 
“What are you doing up?” He quickly got up and helped his lover to the couch.
 
“I woke up and you were gone.”
 
“I'm warding the bed from now on.” Harry grumbled, earning two smiles. Wufei nodded at Duo and the other pilot left the room. Fei wrapped his arms around Harry, not letting him move away.
“How much did you hear?” Harry asked hesitantly.
 
“Everything from your yelling at Duo, that's how I found you.” Harry tried to move away but he refused to let go, nuzzling the dark hair, let lose from the braid that had become as much his trademark as it was Duo's.
 
“Oh.” Harry tried to fight the relaxed feeling that Wufei's ministrations provoked but he couldn't.
“You don't hate me?” He asked quietly, causing Wufei to pull him around so that he could reach his mouth with a tender kiss.
 
“I could never hate you Harry. Duo was right; you did what you had too to complete the mission. I owe you my life, again. But more than that, I love you and I trust you. You let it go as far as it needed and then you acted to get the needed information, I'm proud of you love.” Harry smiled slowly and then returned Wufei's earlier kiss.
 
“Thank you.”
 
--------------
“This looks interesting.” Heero glared at the door where his lover was lounging, an amused smirk adorning his face.
“You don't look happy to see me love.” Heero's glare softened as Duo's smirk turned into a genuine smile. He wasn't surprised when the other pilot launched himself onto the bed and into his arms.
“I thought I'd never see you again.” Duo murmured into his chest as they embraced.
 
“I'm not leaving you.” Heero whispered as Duo sobbed. He hated the thought of what Duo had been going through, stuck on a mission and not knowing what was going on. He gently lifted Duo's head and kissed him softly, letting his lover cling as much as he needed to. Perhaps he wouldn't kill Harry for warding the bed after all.
 
-------------
Quatre looked up as Harry slipped into the room. He smiled up at the other teen from his place by Trowa's bed, earning a slight frown.
 
“You should be in bed yourself.”
 
“I feel a lot better Harry.” Quatre defended himself and Harry sighed, sitting in a nearby chair.
 
“How is he?”
 
“Better, he woke up for a while this morning. There are a few new scars but that seems to be it.”
 
“I'm glad. You two really scared me, I thought…” Harry couldn't finish the sentence.
 
“It must have been horrible for you, with Wufei and Heero being captured and us hurt so badly.”
 
“Yeah, but it also gave me that last push to be able to walk again so something good came from it.” Harry shrugged.
 
“You enjoy shocking people with that, don't you?” Harry grinned.
 
“Of course, you should have seen Duo's face. Although he could have spared my ears.” Quatre smiled and then turned back to the bed as he felt soft pressure being applied to his hand. Sure enough Trowa's eyes fluttered open a few seconds later. Harry moved closer to the bed as well, smiling widely.
“Good afternoon Trowa.”
 
“Harry. Quatre?”
 
“I'm here, I'm fine.” Quatre squeezed his lovers' hand as Harry cleared his throat.
 
“I'll leave you two alone for a while. I'll let Juri know he's awake again but that you're not to be disturbed for at least an hour. I better get back to my own invalid.”
 
“Don't let Wufei hear you call him that.” Quatre said with a chuckle.
 
“I'm not suicidal thank you very much. Good to see you awake Trowa.” Harry slipped out of the room, missing Trowa's look of shock.
 
“He's walking?” Quatre helped him drink some water and then slipped into the bed beside him so they could hug.
 
“Yeah, apparently our nearly being killed on top of Wufei and Heero being captured was enough to do it.”
 
“The others?”
 
“Are fine, Harry pulled off the rescue himself. I think Wufei is quite proud of that fact. Duo couldn't get away from his mission so Harry was the only viable choice. He did it with no casualties too, not even we can do that.” Quatre kissed Trowa's forehead, glad that Harry was going to tell everyone to leave them alone for a while, this was the first time Trowa had been coherent while awake and Quatre had missed him.
“I missed you. If you ever do something so idiotically heroic again…”
 
“I couldn't watch you die.”
 
“Do you think I want your death to be the only reason I'm still alive? I couldn't live with that guilt Trowa, please never make me.”
 
“I'll try.”
 
------------
“I think Harry may have been on L3.” Neville and Luna stared at Draco in shock.
 
“What makes you think that?” In answer the Malfoy heir threw them the papers he'd been reading.
 
“Okay, I'll admit it sounds like a Wizard was involved but what makes you think it was Harry?”
 
“Use your brain Longbottom. Potter disappears from the same house that is attacked by Oz troops looking for a terrorist that he resembles, the same terrorist that was rescued. He has obviously disappeared from the Wizarding world, what better way than to travel with people who survive by hiding under others noses? Besides, a plan like that would take considerable power, who else could have pulled it off?”
 
“So Harry's still out there somewhere.”
 
“And we're going to find him. He'll need magical allies as well at some point.” Draco pointed out.
 
--------------
“You dare to try to replace me Lucius?” The venomous hiss caused many to shudder in fear, hoping that it would not name them next.
 
“No My Lord, never. I merely tried to keep others from becoming aware that you were indisposed.”
 
“Crucio.” Voldemort watched as the Head of the Malfoy family writhed at his feet, taking pleasure in his returned health. That brat had caused him some serious setbacks but it didn't matter anymore. Potter would soon kneel before him or die in agony. He smirked, if he had his way the boy would be on his knees, willingly. Using the light to kill the boy was not the only use of the link he had been researching. Soon he would have the boy as his right hand and heir. Very soon. Nothing would be able to save him then.
 
-----------------
“Any word Severus?”
 
“Voldemort appears to have fully regained his strength and Lucius has been punished for his rash behaviour and for allowing his heir to disappear. The dark Lord is definitely planning something to do with Potter but no one knows what, he is to suspicious of spies.”
 
“Very well. We shall simply have to hope we find the boy first. He is the only way to defeat Tom.” Snape sneered and left, he refused to believe Potter was the only one capable of killing his old master.
 
-------------
Wufei frowned as Harry tossed in his sleep, obviously locked in a nightmare. He wrapped his arms around him, whispering soothing nothings to calm him but he wouldn't settle. He gently rocked them for over an hour before Harry slipped into a deeper, dreamless sleep. Wufei kissed him softly before letting sleep take him. He was worried about Harry, this was the third night in a row his sleep had been disturbed by nightmares and they seemed to be getting worse.
 
TBC…