Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Surrey Trouble ❯ Chapter 31 ( Chapter 30 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Still don't own them.
Glad everyone is still enjoying this. And hey, I have yet to be killed by any irate readers for what I've done to Harry and Blaise! Sorry about the wait, my other stories were begging for some attention and I was forced to give in to them.
 
Chapter 31
 
 
Trowa looked up in shock as Quatre dashed past him, one hand over his mouth and tears streaming down his face. Without a thought he was out of his chair and following him. He wasn't surprised when he saw his lover's destination. He broke into an actual run as the sound of retching reached him. Trowa knelt beside Quatre and held him gently, one hand brushing the blond hair back from a pale face as Quatre continued to vomit. Once he was sure the blond was finished he wet a cloth and gently wiped his face for him.
 
“What they did to him.” Quatre sobbed quietly, clinging to Trowa's familiar warmth.
 
“I've got you little one.” Trowa whispered, hugging his lover close. He waited for Quatre's sobs to lessen before he stood, swinging Quatre up into his arms and heading for their room. He passed Heero in the hall and exchanged a silent nod with the other young man. He soon had Quatre settled under a pile of blankets in their bed, the empath still clinging tightly too him and refusing to let go. Trowa lay behind him, wrapping his arms around the smaller body tightly. They stayed like that all night, Trowa always there to comfort Quatre through the nightmares that appeared for the first time in months. He hated to think what Quatre had found to do this to him and he hated to think what had been done to his friend. He knew he wasn't alone in wanting to go back and completely level all of those bases for what had been done to Harry.
 
-------------------------------
Duo stared at the figure sleeping in the bed. He looked so calm asleep that it was hard to imagine what he was like awake. Harry was pretty much his best friend, Heero didn't count in that role anymore since he was his lover and although he loved the other pilots as brothers and saw them as incredibly close friends there had been something about the green eyed Wizard that had made getting close to him so easy. Knowing that Harry no longer knew him, would not give him that smile reserved solely for him, hurt him so badly. He knew that Wufei had it worse in many ways; at least Duo still had Heero to comfort him. And although they all did their best to comfort the other pilot they all knew that what he really needed was for Harry to know him, to remember what Fei meant to him.
 
“He won't wake till morning.” Dou relaxed into the arms that wrapped around his waist, nodding to show Heero that he had heard the soft words.
“Trowa's looking after Quatre.”
 
“Poor Quat, I hate to think what he found that caused him to be sick like that.” Duo said quietly.
“Do you think…” Duo trailed off, unable to finish the question.
 
“Harry will come back to us.” Heero stated calmly and with utmost certainty.
“He made it through the coma and death, this won't stop him for ever.” Heero kissed Duo's temple softly and the braided pilot relaxed further.
“Do you want to sit with him for a while?” Duo nodded so Heero headed for the chair next to the bed. He sat on it and pulled Duo down onto his lap. He smiled softly as his lover curled up like an overgrown housecat but he wasn't going to complain. It didn't take long for Duo's breathing to even out into sleep.
“Come back soon Harry.” Heero whispered at the still form on the bed.
 
------------------------------------
Nasih smiled at the sight that greeted him. Heero and Duo were curled up together in a chair beside the bed while Wufei was asleep on the bed, one hand in Harry's hair as if to reassure himself that the Wizard was really there. His eyes wandered over Minkah's still form in sadness. The young man in the bed bore little resemblance to his energetic student. For the first time in a long time he found himself regretting the fact that he was too old for battle. He would love to personally express his opinion of what had been done to his child but he knew realistically that all he would end up doing was getting himself and others killed.
 
“Sleep well Minkah and come back to us soon child. You are dearly missed.” A single tear made its way down his face as he quietly left the room, shutting the door behind him.
 
--------------------------------------
Wufei flinched violently as another scream reached them. As he passed Duo the pilot grabbed his arm and pulled him down onto the seat.
 
“Wearing a hole in Quat's carpet won't make this go any faster Fei.” The pilot said quietly. He hugged Wufei gently, offering comfort and support. Wufei held himself stiffly for a bit before relaxing into the embrace.
 
“I hate hearing him in so much pain. I should be in there with him!”
 
“And end up unconscious for who knows how long?” Duo asked. He flinched as well as another scream sounded. Harry had been in withdrawal for several days now and it seemed to get worse every day. Armando and Bill were with him, pouring potions down his throat to try and clean out the Dark Magic from his body. Once they were done they'd leave and Fawkes would take over. It had been Charlie who had figured out why Trowa had found Quatre unconscious all those months ago, even though he worked with dragons he had impressive knowledge of a lot of magical creatures, including phoenixes luckily. Hopefully when he woke from Fawkes song all of the dark Magic would be gone. Draco had explained that it was the reason for Harry's changed appearance. Dark Magic slowly ate away at its user, hence the weight loss and pale skin. While they all knew this wouldn't magically bring Harry back it should lead to an improvement in his attitude at least.
 
---------------------
Dorjan thrashed around in agony, screams occasionally breaking free of his tortured throat. He panted for air and then clamped his jaw shut. He didn't know what those potions were but he refused to make it easy on them by opening his mouth. Why torture him and yet ask no questions about his Fathers plans? It didn't make sense.
 
“Damn it Harry, we're trying to help you not hurt you. Open your mouth!” The one he knew was called Bill all but yelled as he tried to pry Dorjan's mouth open. He stubbornly refused to cooperate until he had to open it to scream as the pain intensified a hundred fold. The Wizard took advantage of this and quickly poured the vials contents down his throat, massaging it to make him swallow. He stiffened as the red head climbed fully onto the bed and sat against the headboard beside him, pulling him into his arms. He tried to fight but the older man was too strong, wrapping his arms around Dorjan's chest to hold him in place. The other Wizard approached the bed.
 
“Forgive us Harry, but there is no other way.” The man said softly, sounding genuinely sorry. Dorjan just snarled wordlessly at him causing the Wizard to frown before readying another potion vial. How many of the things were they planning to feed him? Half an hour later they finally stopped, not that he really noticed. He was floating half way between consciousness and unconsciousness and was quite happy to stay there. He was distantly aware of being laid back down on the bed as the red head got up off the bed but it didn't seem all that important. He couldn't get his eyes to focus on anything; his gaze kept flickering around the room. He could hear voices talking but couldn't understand what they were saying. There was no pain anymore and that was all he could really understand and so he focused on that. He didn't hear them leave the room but he did hear the haunting melody that suddenly filled the room. He grimaced as pain began to spread through his body again.
 
#Peace young Gryffindor. Sleep and heal little one.# He didn't really understand the voice but it was soothing even as the song caused him pain. His eyes focused on the fiery bird even as he screamed once more in pain. The bird simply stared at him even as his eyes rolled back and he passed out, the phoenix song purging further taint from him before pushing him from unconsciousness into true sleep. Once sure his song had done its work Fawkes stopped and flew down to sit awkwardly on the bed beside the boy. He tilted his head and began to cry, letting the pale skin absorb his tears, helping to heal the various old injuries and any remaining damage form the addiction. His song and tears couldn't heal everything but Fawkes knew they would help. Already Harry's skin was loosing some of its unnatural paleness. It would take longer for the weight to come back and plenty of healthy meals but eventually his body would return to the way it was before. If only the same could be said for his mind. Fawkes trilled sadly. He blamed himself for much of what had happened, he should have been there when this started. He would have been able to see and stop Harry from leaving. The phoenix knew that all he could do know was help with his song, tears and presence and hope Harry could fight his way back to them.
 
------------------------------
“It's done.” Wufei looked up at Bill as the young Wizard collapsed into a nearby chair.
“Its Fawkes turn now.”
 
“How much can he do?” Wufei asked.
 
“He should be able to get rid of most, if not all, of the rest of the Dark Magic. Other than that? Its up to Harry. I've known Harry since he was fourteen, the kids a fighter, he won't give up. Without the Dark magic he should be a lot calmer and easier to talk too. We'll wait a few days after he wakes up and then start the memory draughts and spell. Hopefully we can jog enough that he'll start questioning and searching for the memories himself. Has Draco and Charlie finished with Blaise?” Bill asked. They were giving Blaise some of the potions since he had been exposed via Harry even though he hadn't been using magic himself.
 
“Charlie came out about forty minutes ago. Blaise had it a lot easier than Harry and is now comfortably sleeping. Draco is staying with him. He managed to get Blaise to cooperate so it wasn't too traumatic but we still heard a scream or two.” Duo answered.
 
------------------
Draco brushed the sweat matted dark hair off of Blaises' face before washing his face with a warm cloth. He gently bathed the sleeping young man before tucking him back into the freshly made bed. He'd hated seeing Blaise in pain but it had to be done. He felt sorry for Armando and Bill, it had been hard enough with someone who hadn't fought how much harder would it be with someone who would fight them tooth and nail? He had held Blaises' thrashing form as Charlie had administered the potions as gently as he could, Blaise begging them to top the pain the entire time. He had seen the unshed tears in the Weasley's eyes and knew his own hadn't been trailing down his face. But it was over now and Blaise would feel a lot better without the Dark Magic lying around in his system. Draco finished with the room and climbed into the bed, pulling Blaise gently into his arms. He held him tenderly and let sleep claim him.
 
----------------------------
He lay quietly as the canopy above slowly came into focus. He moved cautiously but felt no pain so he sat up. He looked around the room inquisitively before noticing the figure asleep in the chair beside the bed. He frowned slightly, he felt…strange for lack of a better word. He could remember everything he had said to the young man in the chair but now he couldn't raise those same emotion against him. What was wrong with him? They had taken him from his Father so why couldn't he seem to hate them anymore? Hesitantly he reached out a hand and touched the sleeping mans hand. Amethyst eyes snapped open and stared at him. He felt his hands begin to tremble as something weird began to happen.
 
Duo snapped awake at the slight pressure on the hand he'd left resting on the bed. He stared into confused green eyes and was happy to note that they were no longer cold jade but nor were they the warm emerald he knew. Still, it was an improvement. He stayed still as the hands began to tremble and breath came almost in pants. He subtly pressed the medical alert button; worried that Harry was reacting to one of the potions now that he was awake. He was not prepared for what happened next.
 
“Duo.” The word was forced out as if the speaker was fighting something and Duo froze.
 
“Harry?” He breathed, barely daring to hope. A slender hand gripped his tightly, almost painfully but Duo ignored that, twisting his hand around so that he could return the grip.
“Harry can you hear me?”
 
“Blaise…collar off.” Harry was gasping now and Duo moved from the chair to the bed, gripping Harry's shoulders tightly to try and keep Harry with him. Draco had managed to get Blaise to tell him pretty much everything, including Harry's odd actions and what was happening now certainly fit the description. Which meant they didn't have much time before it got too much and Harry passed out. Duo looked up as the door opened to see Juri entering.
 
“Get Blaise. Harry's going to take the collar off.” Juri stared at the two in shock.
“Hurry! Call Fei too.” Maybe if Wufei were there Harry would be able to hang on longer.
 
“S…sorry…never wanted fight…don't leave…me.” Harry practically sobbed and Duo pulled him into his arms, hugging his tightly.
 
“We know Harry. It's okay; it isn't your fault Green Eyes. We won't ever leave you. Just stay with me, Blaise and Fei will be here soon. Just focus on my voice and hold on.” Duo held the trembling body and kept talking softly, letting Harry know that no one blamed him for what had happened. He looked up as Juri rushed in, followed by a dishevelled Draco who was carrying an unconscious Blaise.
“Blaise is here Harry.” He felt a jerky nod against his head and pulled back. Draco lay his friend down on the bed and stepped back but kept one of Blaises' hands in his own.
 
“Potter?” Draco questioned.
 
“Mal…foy.” Harry was trembling and sweating but he managed a very shaky smile for his childhood rival. He reached out a hand for the collar but he was shaking too badly. He nodded as a pale hand clasped his and guided it to the correct spot. Draco held his hand steady for him as Juri switched the inhibitors off. Harry pushed his magic into the collar and then slumped back as it clicked open. Duo caught him and Juri quickly switched the inhibitors back on, just in case.
 
“You still with us Harry?” Duo asked as he supported the suddenly limp Wizard.
 
“Ye…yes. Fei.”
 
“He's coming, hold on just a bit longer.” Duo said, stroking the sweat soaked hair off of Harry's face as Draco carried Blaise back to his room. The door slammed open again and then Wufei was beside the bed.
 
“Duo? What's going on?”
 
“Fei.” His eyes widened in shock at the shaky voice but he quickly clasped the outstretched hand.
 
“Harry? How?” Wufei looked up at Duo.
 
“He woke up and then this happened. He already removed Blaises' collar but I don't think he can last much longer.” Duo said, willingly letting Wufei take his place supporting a visibly exhausted Harry. The braided pilot collected the doctor and left the room.
 
“Love…love you…sorry everything.” Harry stammered, trying to reach a hand up to Wufei's face. Seeing what he was doing Fei took his hand and placed it against his face. Wufei gently moved the hand so that he could kiss the palm.
 
“You have nothing to be sorry for Harry, it's not your fault. I love you and I've missed you so much.” Wufei leant down and kissed Harry's lips softly and Harry kissed him back as well as he could.
 
“Can't…stay…don't want…” Harry was gasping, clutching at Wufei desperately. The pilot swallowed and fought tears; he hated seeing Harry like this.
 
“Shh, its okay Harry. Just relax, I won't let you go.” He soothed even though he knew that when Harry woke he would be back to being Dorjan. He had to sleep; this couldn't be good for his body.
 
“No…forget…don't want to.” Harry shook his head, tears falling down his cheeks.
 
“I know Harry but you're hurting yourself. It's alright. Armando and Draco have memory potions to give you in a few days. You've been asleep for the last three weeks thanks to Fawkes, like the last time he helped you and accidentally knocked Quatre out as well. We won't give up until you're better, I promise. I love you Harry but you have to sleep.” He kissed him again softly and lay down with Harry cradled in his arms.
“I'm here Harry and I'm not letting go.”
 
“No… love you. Won't…forg.” Harry went limp as he lost the fight against unconsciousness. Wufei kissed his forehead and smoothed his hair back, holding him gently. From what Blaise had said Harry had managed to last a lot longer this time. Maybe a combination of the inhibitors and the removal of the Dark magic from his system had helped. He hadn't been able to tell Harry that so far the memory potions had done nothing for Blaise; he didn't want to admit that maybe they wouldn't work at all. At least some part of Harry still existed and was able to fight past the collar and memory loss, Blaise didn't have that. He could only hope that if the potions didn't work that eventually Harry would be able to beat it himself.
 
-----------------------
Blaise woke slowly; content to snuggle closer to Draco. He liked the blond; he was nice and told him stories of the things he couldn't remember anymore. Not that he was awake much, Blaise knew that they kept him asleep a lot of the time but it didn't bother him. Ever since they'd given him the potions that had hurt he had felt different. He wasn't as afraid anymore. He knew that no one here would hurt him and that he was allowed to talk and ask questions. He stretched slightly and frowned, something felt different today but he couldn't work out what.
 
“Hey Blaise.” He looked up and smiled at a sleepy Draco.
“What's wrong?” the blond asked, Blaise didn't know how he did it but Draco could always tell when something was bothering him.
 
“Something's different.” He watched as Draco smiled and then took his hand. Blaise frowned as Draco placed his hand on his neck and then froze. Shaking fingers slowly explored bare skin.
“What?”
 
“You're free Blaise. Harry managed to fight his collar last night and the first thing he did was remove yours.”
 
“Master freed me?” Blaise asked quietly, not able to believe it. Draco had explained everything to him so he knew that his Master was really Harry Potter and that the master he knew wasn't real but it was still easier to fall back on what he had been taught through many beatings.
 
“Harry freed you Blaise.” Draco smiled softly and hugged the confused young man. He knew it had to be hard for Blaise. He could see that Blaise was hurting from his Master no longer wanting him but that he was also happy that the collar was gone. Draco stood up and pulled the still shocked Blaise to his feet, gently leading him towards the door.
 
“Draco?” Draco stopped at hearing the confusion in Blaises' voice.
 
“Yes?” Draco questioned him. Blaise held out his arm obediently and waited.
 
“Sleep?” Blaise indicated the arm where Draco usually injected him. Draco frowned in confusion and then smiled.
 
“No Blaise, you don't need to sleep anymore. We only had to do that while the collar was on. You can leave the room now.” He watched Blaise pale.
 
“Leave? Please don't make me leave, I'll be good I promise.” Blaise was starting to panic. He thought he'd been good, why was Draco making him leave?
 
“Blaise no, its okay.” Draco hugged him tightly.
“No one's going to make you leave, I promise. I just meant outside this room, wouldn't you like to see the rest of the house and maybe go outside for a while? Then we'll come back.” Draco pulled back and smiled encouragingly at him.
 
“Outside?”
 
“Yeah, see the sun and get some fresh air. I'll stay with you the whole time.” Blaise looked at the door uncertainly. His whole life he had been in only two rooms, his Master's suite and this bedroom. He didn't know anything else.
“Its okay.” Draco gently led him to the door and then pushed it open.
“Hold onto my hand, I won't leave you.” Draco slowly steeped out of the room and pulled Blaise through with him, smiling encouragingly the whole time. He knew it was a big step for Blaise but he believed that the sooner Blaise started becoming more independent the sooner he'd start remembering and he wanted his best friend back so badly.
 
TBC…