Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Surrey Trouble ❯ Chapter 33 ( Chapter 32 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Still don't own them.
An old favourite will reappear briefly, if you can't figure out who it is from what he says I will be very disappointed in you.
 
Chapter 33
 
 
“How can I know what to believe?” Dorjan rested his forehead against the glass, staring out over the desert. He'd finally been allowed out of the bed two months ago. Apparently they believed he would not try to escape, harm himself or harm them. Frankly he was too confused to care anymore. It had been six months since the battle where he had been captured and nothing ad gone as he would have thought. Instead of a cell and torture he had a nicely appointed bedroom with ensuite and was well treated, unless you counted the foul potions he took occasionally and the four months spent confined to a bed. He was still stuck in the suite but at least he had more to do now. He knew that pet, no Blaise, was here as well, collarless and with his memories slowly returning. His `captors' claimed that the same thing had been done to him and sure enough the enchantments on the collar had finally failed fully three months ago. The fact that it was there was making him think about what he'd been told. Was he really Harry Potter? If he was, why couldn't he remember at all? After all he knew the potions he was given were memory restoratives and they were working on Blaise, so why not him?
 
“Hey Harry!” He turned from the window to see the ever-cheerful Duo. He nodded.
 
“Duo.” The braided young man smiled, he'd finally started talking to them after they had taken turns telling him about himself. He still didn't talk a lot but at least he was polite when he did, unlike when he'd first arrived.
 
“We found a way to get the collar off! Isn't that great?” Dorjan's fingers went to the thin band around his neck.
 
“Yes. When can it be done?”
 
“Anytime. Now, here's what to you will be the bad part. Complete immobilisation and unconsciousness, can't risk you moving at all or the results…” Dorjan nodded in understanding. The metal rested right against his skin so he could imagine the results if he moved.
“So when do you want to do it?”
 
“As soon as possible.” Duo grinned.
 
“Thought you'd say that.” Dorjan didn't even see Duo's hand move but he felt the sting of the dart. He blinked as the world began to spin and lose focus. He distantly felt hands catch him before he hit the floor.
“I've got you Harry, it'll be over when you wake.” Duo adjusted his grip on Harry's unconscious body and got him back to the bed.
“He's out.” Duo called and the team entered the room, moving Harry to a stretcher and then heading out of the room.
 
Wufei looked up as Duo walked in, followed by Harry's unconscious form on a stretcher. He stood and moved the table as Harry was transferred to it. He gently took a limp hand and squeezed it comfortingly even though Harry was unaware of it. Heero was going to be removing the collar due to the fact that he had the steadiest hands out of everyone, he knew because they'd tested it. Heero got ready and then looked at Wufei.
 
“You need to move further down and don't move his arm.” Wufei nodded and Heero moved closer. Everyone held their breath as the tools were lowered to the collar. One wrong move and Harry would either die or end up losing his voice, neither option appealed to anyone there. Wufei clutched the limp hand tightly, praying that Heero would not slip, that nothing would go wrong. He forced himself to relax, to enjoy the feel of Harry's hand in his; it was a rare occurrence for him to be able to touch him.
 
----------------------
He groaned, eyes flickering and head pounding.
 
“Harry? Take it easy, you still have some sedative in your system.” He cracked his eyes open to see Wufei leaning over him in concern.
 
“Work?”
 
“The collar's been completely destroyed. You're free now.”
 
“Head.”
 
“Yeah, you gave us all a scare. Looks like it was locking a part of your magic away so when it was removed…” Dorjan nodded painfully.
“Go back to sleep.” He felt a gentle hand squeeze his as he drifted back to sleep. Wufei smiled down at him and brushed a kiss across his forehead. He hoped that with the collar finally removed Harry would begin to improve.
 
-------------------------------
“About time cub.” A soft voice said gently. He froze as warm, loving arms wrapped around him.
 
“Who?”
 
“It's okay cub, you'll remember in time. He sealed the part of the magic I gave you that would have allowed you to fight the collar and potions but now it's free. We love you cub. Remember that we are proud of you nothing can ever change that. We are watching over you always Harry.” He frowned as the arms began to disappear.
 
“Please don't leave me. Who are you?” But the presence was gone.
 
------------------------------
He sighed and rolled over, content to just lie there and go back to sleep. His hand moved to burrow further under the pillow and brushed his throat. He froze and ran his fingers across bare skin. He bolted upright and into the ensuite only to stare at the pale band of flesh where the collar once rested. He stood and stared at his reflection, something was different. He looked closer confused. The colour of his eyes had changed slightly. They were a deeper, more emerald green than the cooler jade he was used to and the small amber flecks had grown and were almost glowing slightly. He frowned in confusion, a part of him was screaming that everything was as it should be, that this was familiar but his eyes had never been this colour, had they?
 
“Harry? You up?” He didn't answer Quatre's call, still staring into the mirror. He heard the knock on the open door before Quatre walked in.
“Harry?”
 
“My eyes.” Quatre gasped as he looked into familiar eyes for the first time in so long.
 
“Harry.” Quatre's smile could have lit up a city.
“There's nothing wrong with your eyes, that's what they're meant to look like.” The blond approached cautiously, he never let them touch him while awake but he remained standing still in front of the mirror. He looked exactly like the Harry Quatre remembered, just older.
“This is you Harry.” Quatre said softly, placing his hands on the other young mans shoulders.
 
“I…”
 
“It's okay Harry.”
 
“Why? Why are you doing all of this for me?”
 
“Because you are our friend.” Quatre stated firmly.
 
“Am I? I don't remember you. How do I know this is real?” Quatre couldn't stand the lost sound in Harry's voice and hugged him. Harry went stiff but the blond refused to let go and gradually, very gradually the dark haired man relaxed into the embrace.
 
“This is real Harry. You are our friend, our brother. Even if you never remember we can make new memories. Don't give in to what that monster did to you.” Quatre sank to the floor as Harry's legs gave way.
 
“He…he's not my father. No father would put one of those things on their child.” Quatre could hear the suppressed tears in his voice.
“Dorjan Parzifal is dead. Please, help me find Harry Potter.” Quatre held him tightly as he began to cry quietly.
 
“I promise Harry, we will all help you.” He waited until Harry had cried himself to sleep before laying him on the ground and going to call for help. He smiled as he saw Heero passing by.
“Heero! I need a hand.”
 
“What is it?”
 
“Harry's too heavy for me.”
 
“What happened?” Quatre smiled at the concern in Heero's voice.
 
“It's all right, he cried himself to sleep. His eyes have changed Heero; they're like they used to be. He said the Voldemort isn't his father, that he wants to find Harry Potter.” Quatre couldn't stop smiling and even Heero was smiling. The taller pilot went into the bathroom and gently lifted the sleeping wizard and moved back to the bed.
“We should tell the others.” Heero nodded, gently brushing his `little brothers' bangs back from his face. He had started thinking of Harry like that a long time ago and had been unable to stop even when he'd known Harry was an enemy. Quatre's smile widened even further at the sight before they left the room.
 
-----------------------------
“Feel like some lunch?” He sat up and blinked blearily at the pilot. His eyes felt gritty from crying and sleep but he felt a lot better than he could remember ever feeling before.
 
“Yeah.” He pushed the covers back and stood, stretching.
 
“Harry?” He turned to Wufei. The other man was standing and he froze as the pilot walked closer. It was odd, he'd answered them when they called him Harry for months now just because they refused to call him anything else but now he had to make himself think of himself as Harry.
 
“Yes?” Wufei reached out and carefully wrapped him in a hug, ignoring the way Harry stiffened. Wufei stepped back reluctantly.
 
“I'm glad. I've missed you so much, we all have.”
 
“I don't remember.”
 
“I know, but you will. I believe in you. Come on let's get some lunch.” Harry stared at him in shock.
 
“What?”
 
“With the collar gone you don't have to stay in here anymore.” Wufei held his hand out to him and Harry continued to stare. He was just about to give up and lower it when a hesitant hand met his. Wufei smiled and led him out of the suite.
 
They headed downstairs, Harry looking around curiously. He started to hesitate, as they got closer to what was obviously their destination. The last time he'd been around a lot of people had been at that last fight and before that at a gathering. He forced himself to breath normally, no one was going to curse him if he did something wrong, they weren't his fa…Voldemort. He smiled slightly as he felt Wufei squeeze his hand. Harry wanted to bolt as the room fell silent at his appearance. But to his shock someone began to clap, soon followed by the rest of the room.
 
“Nice to see you out and about Harry!” Duo pretty much bounced over and clapped him on the back.
 
“Thanks.” He accepted the welcomes from a lot of people he didn't know but who obviously knew him. Wufei stayed with him the whole time and for some reason he felt comforted by his presence. He froze as Blaise stepped forward slowly.
“Blaise. I…I'm sorry. I'm glad that you're remembering you're old life.” Blaise nodded slowly, studying Harry closely.
 
“It's not your fault, Draco explained what He did to you. I'm glad you're getting better too.” Blaise backed away after that, he may have forgiven Harry but it was too soon to expect him to feel comfortable around him.
 
“Thank you Harry, for taking his collar off. Though I doubt you remember doing it. The things you did to him I can never forgive but I also know that Harry Potter did not do them. So you better prove that Dorjan is dead.” Harry nodded and Draco left to find his best friend.
 
TBC…