Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Surrey Trouble ❯ Chapter 34 ( Chapter 33 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Still don't own them.
 
Chapter 34
 
 
Harry wandered downstairs, not aiming anywhere in particular. He hesitated as he came to a closed door. Something about it said he knew this door and what lay beyond it. He knocked hesitantly.
 
“Come in.” He opened the door and slipped inside. It appeared to be a small library or study.
“It has been a while Minkah.” Harry blinked at the old man. Minkah?
 
“I'm sorry sir but I'm not Minkah.”
 
“Yes you are child. You may be Harry to everyone else but to me you have always been Minkah. Come, sit.” Harry hesitantly took the offered seat.
“Since you are here we shall continue your lessons. The book to your left young one.” Harry obediently picked the book up and opened it. Nasih smiled, Minkah would be all right with time. He had instinctively come to the room at the exact time as his lessons used to be, that was a good sign in his books.
 
----------------------------
Heero walked into the room and the other pilots looked up, worried by his expression.
 
“Heero?” His lover questioned him.
 
“We have a mission.” He tossed Duo the printout and the braided pilot stared at the pages in shock before passing it on.
 
“This is it?” Quatre questioned softly and Heero nodded.
 
“The war ends with this.” Heero said. The five split up, heading to their rooms to gather what they would need and then headed for the hanger. Wufei made a detour and slipped into the room he'd once shared with Harry. The wizard was sitting on the bed reading but looked up as he walked in. He tilted his head curiously at the bag Wufei was carrying.
 
“I have to go, the five of us have a mission. I know you don't remember what I'm talking about but I had to see you before we go. This is it Harry, the end. We win this and it's over. We fail and it's over too but…”
 
“You'll be dead.” Harry said softly and Wufei nodded. Harry closed his book and walked over to him, studying him intently. A hesitant hand was slowly placed against his cheek as Harry frowned in concentration. Wufei didn't dare to breathe as fingers lightly skimmed across his skin.
“Fei.” Harry breathed.
 
“Harry?” Wufei couldn't help the surge of hope.
 
“You were overdue. We didn't know where you were…I was scared you were dead. I couldn't walk but I…” Harry trailed off, confused. He went to drop his hand but Wufei caught it.
“What?”
 
“A memory Harry. Not long before you were taken Heero and I were captured by OZ. You were recovering from the accident and still couldn't walk. When you found out about us and Trowa and Quatre came back near dead you managed to force yourself to walk. You single-handedly rescued Heero and me without casualties. You remembered Harry.”
 
“Just flashes.”
 
“More will come with time. Don't give up.” Harry nodded and Wufei slowly released his hand.
“I have to go. I swear I will do everything I can to come back, we all will.” Harry nodded, still frowning slightly.
 
“You better. You have to help me remember.” Harry smiled slightly.
“Don't get caught, I don't want to have to save your adorable arse.” They both froze and then Wufei started laughing.
“Why did I?” Harry stared at him in confusion.
 
“After you rescued us, you said that someone had to save my adorable arse.” Wufei leant foreword and brushed a chaste and gentle kiss against his cheek.
“I love you Harry, no matter what. Don't forget it.” He left Harry staring at his retreating form in shock.
 
-------------------------
“Hey Harry.” The dark haired wizard looked up and nodded at Neville. They sat comfortably in silence for a while, both staring out over the desert.
“They'll be okay you know.”
 
“What?”
 
“Wufei and the others. They're incredible fighters.” Harry nodded absently.
“What is it?”
 
“I…Wufei said I remembered something and I said something without knowing why.” Neville grinned.
 
“That's great news Harry. Means we should be able to increase the dosage. Blaise has remembered a lot more; all up we reckon he's missing maybe seven years. Of course that's not seven years more like the equivalent memories of that amount of time. The actual memory gaps are all over the place.” Harry couldn't help the smile.
 
“I get the idea Nev.” Neville looked at him.
“What?”
 
“You called me Nev.”
 
“I did?” Neville nodded.
“Oh, sorry.”
 
“Don't be, you used to call me that in school, a lot of our dorm did.”
 
“Really?”
 
“See, all you needed was one memory to start the process. Come on, let's find Armando and Bill.” Neville pulled him to his feet and led him through the house.
 
--------------------------------
“You never told Wufei why you call me Minkah.” Nasih looked up at his student in shock, could it be?
“I gave up arguing with you about it though. It's Egyptian for justice.”
 
“You remember me Minkah?”
 
“You made me recite the history of Sanq. You were more interesting then…” Harry trailed off, frowning as he lost the memory.
 
“Relax child, don't try to force the memories.” Nasih stood and guided him to his old chair. Harry sat and looked at the vaguely familiar books, since Wufei had left and his first memory flash they had been becoming more frequent and more detailed. Armando had increased the amount of potions he was taking and it was helping. He knew they were simply memory potions, he knew enough on the subject to recognise the ingredients by taste. That was why he was trusting what he was remembering and not fighting the memories. He still hadn't remembered anything from his childhood though, even though he was assured it would happen eventually. He had come to truly accept the fact that Voldemort had used him, that he was really Harry Potter and not Dorjan.
“Would you like to restart your lessons? Perhaps they will help jog more memories?” Harry nodded and they started.
 
-----------------------------------
“It's been three weeks.” Harry stated. Asad looked over at him and smiled.
 
“Relax, something this big will take time.
 
“What if…?”
 
“OZ would have announced it by now. Come on, let's spar. See how much you remember.” Harry nodded and followed him outside to where they had once trained together. Harry dropped instinctively into a defensive stance and watched Asad carefully. The two began to fight, not noticing as people paused to watch, smiling at how much it looked like a scene from when Harry had first come to the desert.
 
----------------------------
Draco smiled as he watched Blaise study. There were still gaps but Blaise remembered nearly everything now.
 
“Enjoying watching me Dray?” He jumped guiltily.
 
“Sorry.” Blaise shrugged and stretched.
“How's the study going?”
 
“Boring but I think I remember most of it. The gaps are annoying but there seem to be less now.” Draco nodded.
 
“Want to duel? See how much you can still use?” The offer was casual; he didn't want Blaise saying yes because he thought Draco wanted him too. Memories back or not he still reacted as a slave to some things and Draco hated seeing it happen so he was always careful about how he worded things. He watched as Blaise thought about it.
 
“Okay.” They'd gotten Blaise a new wand a few weeks ago since his old one had probably been destroyed and even if it hadn't they couldn't exactly get to it. He smiled as Blaise slipped into a duelling stance out of instinct and then adopted his own.
 
----------------------------------
Draco and Armando all but collided in the doorway as they ran for the bedroom the screams were emanating from. Wands drawn they entered, sweeping the room for threats before approaching the writhing figure. They could hear pounding footsteps indicating others were coming to help. Armando holstered his wand and moved to the bed.
 
“Harry? Wake up, you're dreaming.” He gently restrained the younger man, not wanting him to hurt himself with his thrashing. He looked up as Juri joined him in trying to soothe and waken the wizard. Harry screamed again and clutched at his arm. Juri checked it, noticing the old scar.
 
“I think he's remembering in his dreams.” Juri shrugged.
 
“Second year.” Draco commented.
“That's when he got that scar. Everyone thought he was the heir of Slytherin because he's a Parselmouth. It wasn't him but he did stop it. The Chamber of Secrets was opened and students were being petrified. Harry fought a basilisk and a spirit, he was bitten while killing the snake.”
 
“But basilisk venom is fatal.” Armando commented and Fawkes trilled and they looked at the bird.
“Phoenix tears.” With a last scream Harry bolted upright, wide-awake.
“Easy Harry, you're okay.”
 
“Ginny, he was using her to open the Chamber. He was sucking her life from her. The basilisk.” Harry whimpered and clutched at the scar.
 
“It's okay Potter, you're remembering what happened but that was years ago. You're at Winner's remember?” Harry slowly calmed and nodded at Draco's words. He looked up suddenly.
 
“Malfoy the bouncing ferret.” He stated and then blinked. Draco groaned as everyone cracked up.
 
“Yeah, very funny. Trust you to remember that Potter.”
 
“Well it was funny.” Harry smiled.
 
“You remember the school?” Bill asked as he moved further into the room. Harry nodded slowly.
 
“You're the oldest Weasley. Ron was my friend, but not?”
 
“He was spying on you for Dumbledore. You found out sixth year. The rest of us didn't know, I swear. I see my little brother again I'll hex him myself.” Harry smiled at Bill and then looked around properly before blushing slightly in embarrassment.
 
“Sorry?” Everyone waved off his apologies; too glad he was remembering more to be mad at being woken.
 
“Try to get some more sleep Harry.” Bill said, still smiling at the young man he considered another sibling. Harry nodded and lay back down.
 
TBC…