Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Surrey Trouble ❯ Chapter 35 ( Chapter 34 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Still don't own them.
Glad Harry's returning memory has everyone happy. I'm going to cheat with that this chapter. He's being stubborn and remembering too slowly! Anyone remember the objects the hat gave the fried turkey?
 
Chapter 35
 
 
Blaise paused in the doorway as he noticed the room's sole occupant. He thought about leaving before he was noticed but made himself walk in instead. They'd never been alone together since they'd been rescued; in fact Blaise had often gone out of his way to avoid the other teen. He knew from Draco that he wasn't the only one whose memory was returning but he still couldn't help being nervous around the other.
 
“Potter.” He said quietly. The other teen looked up, startled and then smiled nervously.
 
“Zabini. Um, how are you? Neville said your memories are almost all back?”
 
“Yes, thanks to Draco and Armando.”
 
“That's good. You want to sit or something? Or I can go if you wanted the room.” Harry was practically babbling and Blaise felt himself relax slightly, this was more like the Potter he remembered from school. He sat awkwardly on the edge of a chair and they both fell silent for a while.
“I'm sorry, I know that can never make up for what happened but I am sorry.”
 
“It wasn't you, not really. You were as much a victim as I was. Still doesn't make this easy.”
 
“Yeah. I know it wasn't me, not really but it doesn't stop the memories. If I could go back and change it I would.” Harry stared at him, begging him to believe him. Blaise studied him closely, this wasn't the man he'd called Master for over a year, not even the kinder man from the beginning. This was Harry Potter, well as close to it as he would probably ever be again. He smiled slightly and watched the hope spark in emerald eyes, so different from the cold jade he remembered.
 
“Thanks.” Suddenly they were both smiling, they weren't fully okay with each other and both knew they would likely never be totally at ease around each other but it was a start.
 
----------------------
Harry was buried in one of his old texts, trying to see how much he remembered when Juri all but flew into the room. He looked up, startled, as his arm was grabbed and he was unceremoniously dragged from the room and downstairs.
 
“What's going on? Juri?”
 
“Hurry up!” He decided to just follow the obviously unhinged doctor. They entered the main meeting room to find it full, as were the surrounding rooms. Juri pushed them through the crowd to the front were they could clearly see a large TV. The crowd gradually hushed as the volume was turned up and a news announcer came on.
 
“The war is officially over! As of ten minutes ago OZ has surrendered! There are reports of spontaneous parades and celebrations coming in from all over the globe and the colonies. Treize Khushrenada is rumoured to be dead but this has yet to be confirmed or denied.” The cheers and shouts of joy coming from the people gathered in the mansion drowned the rest of the broadcast out. Harry was happy but worried at the same time; no mention had been made of the Gundams. Seeing his face Juri threw an arm across his shoulders causing Harry to jump.
 
“Have faith, they'll be fine.” He nodded at the doctor and then smiled as he was pulled into the celebrations. Juri watched him go, relaxing into the arms that suddenly wrapped around him.
 
“One war down, one to go.” Armando commented softly, kissing Juri's neck gently.
 
“Is he ready? Can he fight as he is?”
 
“Give him some more time and he will be. His training's coming back slowly but surely, as are his memories. When the time comes he will be ready.” Juri nodded, accepting his lover's reassurances.
 
-----------------------------
Harry collapsed back onto his bed, the impromptu party had lasted long into the night and he was exhausted from the full day of training before it. He closed his eyes and let his mind drift; he often discovered flashes of memory like this. Tonight his mind honed in on his memories of the five missing young men. He remembered the first time he'd seen them, hiding behind a tree in their yard, his seventeenth birthday in London, the mad escape from Surrey, his training with them, pulling pranks with Duo and his rescue of Heero and Wufei from the L3 base. What he found confusing was the lack of memories concerning Wufei. He knew from the Chinese pilots actions that they were close so why were those memories still missing? Just how close had they been? Wufei had said he loved him before he left but loved him how? As a close friend, brother, lover? The gaps in his memory were getting more and more frustrating but there was nothing he could do but keep taking his potions and trying to remember. He didn't notice the Phoenix and owl watching him from the perches on the bed canopy or the look they exchanged. The owl hooted and took flight, leaving the room for what was to happen.
 
#It is time young Gryffindor.#
 
“Fawkes? Time for what?”
 
#For you to remember and become who you are meant to be.# Harry stared in shock as a familiar sword appeared in a burst of flame.
#Take up the sword of your birthright Harry Potter and remember.# He reached out slowly and grasped the hilt. For several long seconds nothing happened.
 
And then Harry screamed. An invisible wind wiped up, snapping his braid around wildly and pulling at his clothes. Flames surrounded him and the sword but didn't burn anything. Images invaded his mind in rapid succession as the sword claimed its new bearer. And with that knowledge came memories. Wufei falling on him in the bathroom, the plane trip to the desert, time spent kissing and cuddling, their last fight while already under the effects of Voldemorts control. The only thing keeping him upright by now was the swords power and as it settled he collapsed, unconscious and unaware of the shocked people in his doorway.
 
--------------------------
Harry groaned, his head was killing him. Forget that, his whole body was killing him! He rolled over and pulled his blankets further over his head, wishing Wufei was there to cuddle with. Harry froze and then slowly sat up, staring at nothing as he focused on his memories. He smiled softly as he remembered all the times Wufei had just held him while he was recovering from the inheritance spells, unable to move or even blink at will and then as he slowly regained control of his body and the holding became more. He laughed and collapsed back onto the bed. He remembered everything! He remembered the Dursley's and his time in the cupboard, Hogwarts, his `friends' betrayal, meeting the pilots and joining them on the run, everything. He sobered as the darker memories came, waking in Voldemorts fortress under the effects of some sort of spell or potion, agreeing to serve him, wiping Blaise's memory, the slave collar being placed around his neck, the many times he'd beaten or cursed his `pet'. He closed his eyes, refusing to let the tears fall as he remembered what else he had done with Blaise, how could Wufei ever forgive him that betrayal?
 
“Glad to see you awake.” Harry's eyes snapped open and he smiled at Asad sadly.
 
“I remember.” Asad sat on the bed.
 
“Remember what Harry?”
 
“Everything.” His combat instructors eyes widened.
 
“Everything?” Harry nodded and Asad smiled warmly, pulling him into a hug, which Harry slowly returned.
“Good to have you back kid.”
 
“I remember Asad, but I'm not him anymore. I can never be that Harry Potter again, too much has happened. I'm too different.” Asad nodded sadly but understood. He had been through so much since he'd left them.
 
“You are him, just with more experience. No one blames you for what you did Harry.” The younger man nodded.
“Come on, you had everyone worried with that little display last night. They'll be happy to see you up.” Harry stood and followed Asad downstairs, still lost in thought.
 
-------------------------------
“Minkah!” He looked up from where he was buried in the jeeps engine and waved at Nasih.
“They're coming!” He froze, could it be?
“We just got the message, they're about an hour out.” Harry stared at him mutely in shock.
 
“Fei?” He whispered and the old man smiled and nodded.
 
“They're all right Minkah.” Harry broke into a grin and bolted towards the house.
 
“Hey! Where are you going?” Cheney yelled after him but fell quiet as a withered hand was placed on his.
 
“The children are coming home.” The mechanic grinned and ran to spread the news.
 
----------------------------
Wufei sighed as Shenlong finally came to rest in the hanger beside Sandrock. He was so tired, they all were. All he wanted at the moment was a hot shower and then to sleep for a few days. But he doubted that would happen, the other inhabitants of the desert mansion would want to congratulate them and hear all about what had happened. In fact he was surprised that the hanger wasn't filled to capacity with eager helpers. Instead he could only make out a lone figure standing near the surface elevator. His breath caught in his throat and he began struggling to release his harness as the figure moved further into the hanger, revealing a braid swinging behind them. Since Maxwell was still landing there was only one other person it could be. He finally managed to get out of the cockpit and to the ground. He could feel the other four watching from their respective cockpits as he slowly walked towards the wizard. Half way there Harry broke into a run and then threw himself into Wufei's arms. The Chinese pilot froze in shock, was it possible?
 
“I love you Fei. Merlin I've missed you.” Was whispered in his ear before Harry pulled back enough so that he could see his face. Wufei raised a shaking hand to Harry's face and the wizard smiled warmly, gently pressing the hand to his cheek before moving it to kiss the palm.
 
“Harry? Do you…”
 
“I remember Fei, everything. I'm so sorry. I…” Harry stumbled to a halt; tears gathering in his eyes and Wufei pulled him closer, tightening his grip.
 
“I love you Harry, whatever happened it wasn't your fault. We will get through it, I won't ever leave you.” Wufei leant in and kissed Harry gently. Harry froze in shock for a second before responding almost desperately, needing the reassurance that Wufei wouldn't leave him. The watching pilots exchanged smiles, they couldn't hear what was being said but what they could see made it obvious, Harry was back.
 
“Harry!” The two pulled apart and Harry waved at Duo as the black clad pilot dropped the last few feet to the floor and then ran over to grab Harry in a fierce hug. The wizard began laughing happily as he was spun around by the hyperactive pilot. The other three soon joined them a bit more sedately although Quatre's smile could have lit up a large city for at least a year. Trowa simply grasped his hand, smiling softly. Heero was the biggest surprise; the usually unemotional pilot pulled Harry into a hug before moving to calm his lover down. Heero was happy, his lover was safe, the war was over and he had his little brother back. Now they just had to show Voldemort why no one ever hurt their family. Because that was what they were, a family. In all probability the most dysfunctional one on the planet and the colonies but none of them would exchange it for anything.
 
------------------------------
Wufei stood hesitantly outside the door, unsure as to wether or not he should knock or go to his own room. Things had been so hectic the last two days though that he'd hardly seen Harry, let alone having the chance to sit down and talk.
 
“Would you come in all ready?” Harry called from the room, sounding rather impatient. Wufei smiled slightly and opened the door. He slipped into the room and spotted Harry sitting on the bed, brushing his long hair. He'd cut it since he'd last seen him so that it now hung mid way down his back instead of to his waist. It was now the same length as it had been when he disappeared. Harry smiled nervously but patted the bed beside him so Wufei walked over and sat. He smiled softly and then took the brush from Harry, moving so that he was sitting behind him. Harry sighed and relaxed as he began to work the few tangles out. They remained like that for a while, just content to be together again. Even after Wufei had re-braided Harry's hair the remained sitting like that although Harry leant back so that he was resting against the pilot.
“I'm sorry Fei, for everything.” Harry said quietly.
 
“I don't blame you Harry. There was nothing you could have done.”
 
“I tried to fight it but I couldn't. I wasn't strong enough.” Harry choked and Wufei pulled him closer, lying down so that he could curl up around Harry protectively.
 
“You are one of the strongest people I know Harry. I know you fought as hard as you could. I believe you.” He kissed Harry softly, just to let him know he was there and that he still loved him.
 
“You don't know what I've done.” Harry was fighting not to just break down and sob but it was a losing battle.
 
“You'll tell me when you're ready, it doesn't matter, it won't change how I feel.” Wufei held him tightly as Harry gave in and began to sob.
 
“I…Blaise, I …we had sex. I used him! You waited as long as I needed to heal and then I went and.” Harry choked on a sob and Wufei rubbed his back. He'd guessed something like that had happened but hearing it made it real. He felt a brief pang of betrayal but pushed it away. He knew Harry would never willingly betray him.
 
“Shhh, just let it out. It's okay, I'm here. I'm not leaving you.” He began to rock slightly, trying to calm Harry.
 
“How can you stand to touch me?”
 
“Because I love you and I know that wasn't really you. Harry your mind had been messed with, did you even remember what we were to each other while that was happening?” He felt Harry shake his head slowly.
“See? You didn't betray me. You were being controlled and that is not your fault. I don't blame you.” Wufei knew it would take a while for Harry to truly believe him but he would keep saying it until that happened. He just continued to hold Harry until he cried himself to sleep. He smiled as the watching phoenix began to sing soothingly, not fighting the sleepy feeling it caused. He snuggled even closer to Harry as he followed the wizard into a healing sleep.
 
TBC…