Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Surrey Trouble ❯ Chapter 36 ( Chapter 35 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Still not mine.
Yeah! Everyone's home safe and Harry is back!! Bet you were all starting to think I was completely cruel before that happened. My story, New Family (which is not posted on ffnet since it's a crossover with AB), is officially on hold since I'm stuck. Just thought I'd let you know.
 
Chapter 36
 
 
Wufei smiled as he watched Harry practise with a sword. He'd come a long way in the week Wufei had been watching him. He'd heard from Asad what had happened the night the war ended and he figured some of Harry's ability came form that. He was just grateful that it had also managed to finish returning Harry's memories to him. Wufei started as a tanned hand waved in front of his face and looked into amused green eyes.
 
“Back on the planet now?” Harry asked and Wufei blushed slightly.
 
“I was just thinking. You've improved a lot.”
 
“Only because the sword decided to download the needed skills directly into my head. Sure, he made sure I had some training but it was no where near this level.” One thing had changed; Harry rarely called Voldemort by his name anymore. Wufei knew that Harry was scare of the man in a way he never had been before and he hated seeing that fear.
 
“You're still the one turning that knowledge into practical skills and I'm proud of you. What do you say to a spar tomorrow?” Wufei pulled Harry into his arms and held on until Harry began to relax. It hurt every time Harry tensed in his embrace but he was determined to get him past the reaction. It would take time for Harry to fully accept that what had happened wasn't his fault and Wufei would wait for him.
“I love you.” He whispered into Harry's ear and the wizard melted into his embrace.
 
“I'm sorry.” Harry whispered sadly.
 
“It's okay. But say you're sorry one more time and I'll hit you.” Harry nodded slowly, he knew he was apologising for everything but he couldn't help it. Wufei turned Harry and leant in to kiss him softly. Harry sighed and slowly wrapped his arms around him, returning the gentle kiss.
 
“I love you Fei.” Harry whispered, as they pulled apart. Harry moved away to return his practise blade and then they walked towards the dining room together.
“I was talking to Armando, Bill and Draco. They believe it's time that Harry Potter make his presence known.” Harry informed his lover softly. Wufei paused to think and look at Harry. The dark haired wizard was fiddling with the hem of his shirt nervously.
 
“It's a risk but it may be a necessary one. What do you think Harry?” Wufei grasped Harry's near hand and intertwined their fingers. Harry's eyes showed his gratitude for that.
 
“I'm scared.” With that quiet admission Wufei pulled Harry into a nearby empty room and locked the door. He sat on a couch and pulled Harry down beside him, wrapping his arms around him.
 
“Why?”
 
“They all expect so much from me. They want some perfect symbol they can dump their problems on, not the real me. And…I'm sure at least Dumbledore will have realised who the Prince was. What if he announces it to try to get me back under his control? They could try to put me in Azkaban or worse.”
 
“They wouldn't have suggested it without having at least partial plans to deal with all that Harry. As for the public, screw them. You are you Harry; you don't have to try to fit into their expectations. They deserted you to a miserable childhood and have constantly shown how fickle their opinions are. You owe them nothing. As part of the peace treaty a new department is being formed, the Preventers under Lady Une. She wants all of us pilots and Yuy and Maxwell have already agreed. We could go to her for backing. We proved when we rescued you and Blaise that `muggles' are effective against wizards. You'd come in from a strong position, backed by a fighting force that has just come straight from one war. Plus you have our little army here, odd as it is. We gather evidence against Dumbledore for what he's done to you and probably other students over the years and that will lessen his influence. I won't let them hurt you Harry.”
 
“Same here.” Both young men jumped as Heero stepped away from the corner where he'd been watching them.
“I will speak on your behalf with those needed. You will have an army behind you when you return. We will make sure they can not touch you.” Heero allowed his affection for Harry to show through his eyes and Harry smiled at him.
 
“Then I guess we're doing this.” Harry said softly but strongly.
 
----------------------------
Harry fidgeted, pulling on the collar of his dress robes only to have Draco slap his hand away.
 
“Stop it.” Harry looked down.
 
“Sorry, I'm just nervous. Did it have to be her?”
 
“She is a well read and respected reporter.”
 
“Who helped make me out as a lying, attention seeking brat a few years ago.”
 
“True but we will be checking everything before she is allowed to print the article. I have the feeling Yuy will have her properly cowed by the time they get here.” Draco smirked and Harry smiled. Heero was very overprotective of all of them but especially Duo and Harry. He almost felt sorry for Skeeter if she tried anything; Heero was a very scary guy when he was protecting those he cared about. The door opened and Bill walked in. he smiled at the two younger wizards.
 
“They're here.” He told them, adjusting his own dress robes. Bill, Draco and Wufei would be accompanying Harry for the interview and photos. Draco would bring the weight of the Malfoy name and money, Wufei as a muggle representative and Bill would be representing Harry's standing on the side of the light.
“Ready?”
 
“If I say no can we put this off?” He gulped at the twin glares.
“Right, lets get this over and done with.” He squared his shoulders and left the room.
 
“You'd think he was going to his own funeral.” Bill commented.
 
“If this goes wrong he could be.” Draco answered darkly. They both knew how much was ridding on this.
 
--------------------
Albus Dumbledore glared down at the special edition of the Daily Prophet. The large photo on the front showed a healthy and happy Harry Potter standing with Draco Malfoy, Bill Weasley and a muggle called Chang Wufei who apparently was a hero in his own right. The four were smiling for the camera, Harry standing with between Draco and Chang with Bill behind them. The eldest Weasley had an arm slung around Harry and the muggle while Draco was smirking at them. The article was an exclusive with the boy-who-lived, detailing his life up to the present. In it Harry described exactly how Dumbledore had manipulated his life and had paid Hermione and Ron to spy on him. It also went on to describe his capture by Voldemort and what had happened to him and Blaise Zabini. There was a candid picture of Zabini and Harry together playing chess to show that there were no hard feelings between the two now that both had been healed. A noted potions master Armando, no last name given for safety reasons, reassured the readers that what had happened had not been Harry's fault and that he had been returned to himself. He stated firmly that Harry was completely loyal to the light and that he was no longer under Voldemorts control and that said control could not be done again. Chang Wufei, the muggle, had stated that Harry had the full support of his superior officer, Lady Une, in his endeavour to rid the world of the threat of Voldemort and his followers and that the muggles would give whatever aid the young wizard asked for. Dumbledore crushed the paper and hurled it into the fire. This was a disaster, all of his plans undone by a mere child who had somehow managed to fight off Voldemorts control and total amnesia. But what really made him mad was the picture of Harry standing with Fawkes perched on his arm, the sword of Gryffindor belted at his side. Things were definitely not going as he had planed.
 
------------------------------
Wormtail writhed under his Masters curse, fuelled by the latest edition of the Prophet. The Dark Lord had recalled all search parties for now since it was obvious he had lost his control over the boy. He had no idea how the collar had been removed and he was beyond mad about it. He had lost his greatest weapon against the light and what's more the boy had actually admitted to what had happened so that he could not undermine Potter's loyalty. And now the boy had helped expose their world to those he wanted destroyed. Potter had to be destroyed and quickly.
 
-------------------------
Deep in the dungeons of Hogwarts Severus Snape read the article and promptly did something that would have shocked anyone who knew him. He laughed, truly laughed as the boy he hated for his fathers actions and fame single handily destroyed the plans of the two greatest manipulators of the century. He poured himself a glass of Firewhisky and raised it in a silent toast to the ex-Gryffindor. Oh, he still hated the boy but he would gladly congratulate him for getting one over his two hated `masters'. Severus knew very well his position with both. Neither trusted him but both needed him, for now. He was well aware of what would happen when he outlived that usefulness but perhaps Potter could finally rid the world of both and he could die if not happy then slightly content.
 
--------------------------
Ron and Hermione sat huddled together as howler after howler arrived at the Burrow, addressed to them. Ron was incensed that his brother and the Malfoy prat were getting the fame he deserved. He had been the one to put up with Potter all those years; he deserved recognition for it, and not the hate mail he was receiving. The idiots had no idea what it was like living in the spoiled idiots shadow. Hermione's thoughts were more self-critical. Had they really done the right thing by spying on Harry for Dumbledore? On one hand, he had been right and Harry had gone to Voldemort. But it had not been of his own free will, did that matter? She didn't know what to think anymore and Ron's attitude was not helping any.
 
---------------------
Lady Une studied the young man in front of her. He wasn't overly tall or imposing but there was a quiet strength and pain to him that made you feel as if he truly knew what it meant to fight for what you believe in and that he would never abandon you. The similarities between him and Heero were intriguing since they weren't actually related by blood. Though the long braid spoke of Maxwells influence. He stood calmly as she took her time studying him. It had come as a surprise to learn that he was the one to rescue Yuy and Chang from the L3 base without firing a single shot. But now that she had met him she could believe it. She was wary though after hearing about how his mind had been tampered with by the enemy but she was willing to believe the reports stating that all influence had been removed, for now. She could see the guilt in his eyes for what he had done and she knew he would always carry that guilt, no matter how many times other people assured him it wasn't his fault. She flicked her gaze to Zechs and the man nodded.
 
“So we agreed then.” She stated and smiled slightly as the young man relaxed slightly before nodding.
 
“Thank you for your aid ma'am. I swear I will uphold my end of our agreement.”
 
“I have no doubt of that Mr. Potter or I would not have agreed. You will have an honorary rank within the Preventers until this war is resolved.” Harry smiled at them and then they got to work on the fine print.
 
-------------------------------
Harry stretched and then snuggled closer to Wufei, content to lie in his arms. He smiled slightly as a light kiss was pressed against his neck. Wufei had finally moved back into the room with him after three weeks of argument about it. Harry had spent most of that time planning the upcoming war, talking with various officials, wizarding and muggle alike, organising his testimony for Dumbledore's trial and trying to convince Wufei that he was comfortable with the idea of them sharing a bed again. Out of all that he had decided convincing Wufei had been the hardest, the ex-terrorist could out stubborn everyone else that he had been dealing with. It had taken Quatre and Heero to finally convince Wufei that Harry was serious and that if he didn't agree he would soon be missing important body parts. Heero was scary enough but nobody messed with an overprotective Quatre and emerged unscathed. The innocent seeming blond was not as innocent as he looked.
 
“Good morning.” Wufei murmured into his shoulder.
 
“Morning Fei.” Harry rolled so that they were face to face and could share a morning kiss. But instead of pulling away afterwards he moved closer and initiated another kiss, this one deeper and more intimate. He moved his hands up under Wufei's shirt and began mapping his lover's body, discovering the new scars and old, relearning the once familiar body. They parted when oxygen became necessary but Harry kept his hands where they were.
 
“Harry?” Fei asked softly, Harry's hands were proving to be very distracting.
 
“I love you Fei.” Harry moved so that he could kiss along Wufei's jaw before moving down his neck.
“Please.” Harry asked quietly. Wufei studied his eyes, seeing need and a small amount of fear. He gently laid his hand on Harry's face and Harry moved into his touch. He smiled and then moved closer to the young wizard, slipping a hand around to pull the tie from Harry's braid.
 
“I love you too. If you need to stop just say.” Wufei reassured and then leant in for another kiss, his hands moving to mimic Harry's. Their shirts soon disappeared over the edge of the bed before their pants and boxers followed. They had never had the chance to go this far before and Wufei smiled softly at Harry as they continued to kiss and explore each other's bodies. The fear was slowly leaving Harry's eyes as Wufei proved that he really did still want him this way and Harry relaxed even further, letting Wufei guide their actions. When Wufei went to flip them over so that Harry was on top he stoped him.
“Harry?” Wufei asked, hoping that Harry wouldn't ask to stop. The wizard smiled and leant up to kiss him before spreading his legs in an obvious invitation. Wufei's eyes widened in surprise.
“Are you sure?”
 
“Positive. Voldemort made it so my first time was stolen from us but in this you will be first.” Harry smiled up at him and Wufei smiled back, leaning down to kiss him again.
 
-------------------
Duo looked at Quatre oddly as the blond suddenly blushed and squirmed in his seat.
 
“You okay Quat?” He asked in concern. The blond nodded quickly.
 
“Scuse me I need to see Trowa.” Duo stared blankly at Quatre's rapidly retreating form before suddenly cracking up. Heero paused in the doorway to stare at his howling lover.
 
“Duo?”
 
“I think Harry and Wufei finally stopped dancing around each other. You should have seen Quat! Never seen him move so fast!” Heero quirked a smile as Duo continued to laugh.
 
TBC….