Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Surrey Trouble ❯ Chapter 37 ( Chapter 36 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Still not mine!
I am going into hospital in mid June so there may be a longish period of no updates, sorry. I will try to write but it won't be posted until I return home.
 
Chapter 37
 
 
Harry lay on his side, propped up on his elbow and watched his lover sleep. Wufei looked so peaceful like that and Harry felt a pang of pain at the thought of what he'd put the other man through over the last three years. Maybe it would have been better if he had never met the pilots, then they wouldn't have been hurt by his accident and then time as the enemy. But Wufei would be dead, wouldn't he? If not in Surrey then when he and Heero had been captured meaning that Heero would also be dead if they had never met. Harry jumped as a gentle hand caressed his face.
 
“Stop it.” Wufei chided him gently. Harry looked away.
“I love you Harry, no matter what. I would not give up our time together for anything.”
 
“I thought Quatre was the empath.” Harry tried to joke and Wufei pulled him into his arms.
 
“I don't need to be able to read your emotions to know what you're thinking.” Wufei kissed him gently, trying to reassure Harry that he wasn't leaving him, ever. He pulled back after a bit and settled Harry in his arms.
“Now sleep, we have a busy day ahead of us.” He felt Harry nod against his chest but stayed awake until he was positive the wizard was truly asleep. He hugged his lover and kissed the top of his head. He didn't care what it took; Voldemort and his army were dead. They had hurt his lover so it was as simple as that.
 
----------------------------
“Lookin good Green Eyes.” Harry blushed slightly at the compliment and then looked over at Duo.
 
“Likewise. I never thought they'd get you out of your usual outfit but they did.” Harry grinned at his friend. They were both in the dress Preventer uniform but Harry wore rich black open robes over his to show his allegiance to both worlds.
“Looking forward to your first foray into the Wizarding World?” The question was light but Duo could hear the fear and uncertainty in Harry's voice so he moved closer and hugged his friend.
 
“Only because it is your world. Relax Harry; you know we won't let anything happen. You're going in there with the authority of the `muggle' government behind you and as a returning `saviour'.”
 
“A saviour who spent over a year as an enemy.” Harry reminded him softly.
 
“That wasn't you Harry. We know it and I know somewhere inside you know it to. You're just too stubborn to admit it.” He tugged on Harry's hair and the wizard swatted his hand away. He'd left his hair loose to tumble down his back in dark waves and it looked good in Duo's opinion, not as good as their trademark braid of course, but still good.
 
“Where are the others?”
 
“Briefing the troops, again. I don't know who's more nervous, you or Fei. I think if he tries to go through everything one more time we'll have a mutiny on our hands.”
 
“Better go save them from him then.” Duo followed him out of the room and down the hall. They'd portkeyed from Quatre's earlier that morning to rendezvous with the Preventers who would be accompanying them and Harry was more than a little nervous about being back in England after everything that had happened. They'd taken over three floors of one of the nicer hotels thanks to Lady Une and had spent the morning putting the finishing touches on things. The two paused in the doorway to the conference room and exchanged grins before slipping inside. More than a few people looked ready to strangle Wufei so Harry decided he better go rescue him.
 
Wufei paused in his explanation as slender arms wrapped around his waist and a soft kiss was dropped on the back of his neck. He turned in the embrace to see his lover smiling at him.
 
“Harry?”
 
“Come on, let's grab something to eat. I know the Minister, once he gets started we'll never get him to stop and the last thing we need is to start dropping from hunger.” Harry took his hand and pulled him towards the buffet, throwing a wink at the relieved group when sure that Wufei wouldn't notice.
“You look good in that uniform.” Harry commented and Wufei took the time to study his lover's appearance.
 
“You look better. Surprisingly the robes fit with it.” Wufei gave him a quick kiss.
 
“Thanks. You wearing the vest I gave you?”
 
“Under my shirt, so are the others.” Harry nodded. He'd made sure they were all outfitted with dragonhide vests, just in case and Armando had given them a crash course in magic so that they would know what spells to avoid at all costs if anything happened. Harry sought out his teacher and smiled as he saw him with Juri talking with some Preventers. The one time Unspeakable had been a great help, he didn't know what he would have done without the Potions Master, or his lover for that matter. Armando turned as if he sensed someone watching and smiled warmly. Harry smiled back and then turned back to Wufei and Duo.
 
“Sirs, the portkeys are ready.” Harry had to fight a grin at the awkward way the agent said portkey but nodded at him instead. Harry smiled as Wufei gave his hand a gentle squeeze before moving off. Today they were co-workers, not lovers.
 
--------------------------
Albus Dumbledore watched as the ministry workers scurried around, preparing for the arrival of the muggles. So far he hadn't been removed form any of his positions because of Potter's interview but he was receiving a lot of looks from the workers and even Fudge. Then again the interview hadn't exactly painted the minister in the best light either. The workers vanished as the clock began to chime and then they appeared. Every eye in the room moved to find Potter but it wasn't necessary as the young wizard began moving their way. Gone was the awkward boy all remembered, in his place was a confident man with a neutral expression on his face. Spread out around and behind him were the muggles and a few wizards, including Malfoy and Longbottom. Harry stopped a few feet from them and inclined his head politely.
 
“Minister.”
 
“Harry my boy. It is good to se you again and in such good health.”
 
“Harry.” Dumbledore greeted.
 
“Agent Potter please Headmaster Dumbledore.” Harry could see Duo stifle a grin from the corner of his eye as he reprimanded the older wizard.
 
“Agent Potter.” Harry's expression softened slightly.
 
“Professor McGonagall.”
 
“Well, let's get down to business shall we?” Fudge offered before any more greetings could be exchanged. Harry nodded but didn't say anything. They moved into another room and sat around the large table.
 
----------------------
Harry sagged into welcoming arms, utterly exhausted.
 
“You okay?” He nodded tiredly and turned to bury his head in Wufei's chest.
 
“I knew it would be hard but…” Wufei tightened his hold.
 
“You were brilliant love.” He reassured the wizard.
“I am so proud of you.” He felt Harry relax further at his words and smiled. Reaching up his pushed the robes from Harry's shoulders before moving onto his uniform. Tired green eyes met his and he smiled gently.
“You're exhausted, let me look after you.” Harry nodded slowly and Wufei continued to slowly strip him. Once he was naked Wufei led him over to their bed and pushed him down onto it before stripping off his own uniform and joining him. He pulled the covers up and wrapped around Harry, smiling when he noticed his lover was already asleep.
 
----------------------------
“So this is Hogwarts.” Quatre said quietly and Harry nodded absently.
 
“Everyone stay together, I don't trust Dumbledore not to try anything. No matter what happens make sure you stay with your groups Wizard and don't let Agent Potter alone with anyone.” Armando told them sternly.
“The last thing we need is anyone being obliviated or put under a curse.” The men nodded their understanding and they headed for the doors where several members of the staff were waiting to greet them. Harry barely hid a scowl at the sight of Snape but to his shock the man inclined his head slightly in his direction. That was odd since as far as they knew the man was firmly in the Headmasters camp. Had something changed recently? They made eye contact and Harry felt the tingle of another mind brushing his. Curious he lowered his defences just enough to let Snape into the edges of his mind and was shocked to feel him congratulate him for getting one over both Dumbledore and Voldemort.
 
“Welcome back to Hogwarts Agent Potter.” McGonagall greeted with a smile. Harry smiled back.
 
“Thank you professor.” Harry extended his hand to the woman and they shook.
 
“Malfoy, Lovegood, welcome back.” The two ex-students nodded and Luna gave a dreamy smile. Harry moved closer and smiled nervously up at the first member of the magical community he had ever met.
 
“Hello Hagrid.” He greeted softly, worried how the half giant would react. To his surprise he was instantly swept up into a bone-crushing hug as Hagrid began to cry.
 
------------------------
Harry smiled and cheered as Gryffindors seeker dove for the snitch. He had missed this more than he'd realised and it was even better watching the game with Wufei at his side. They were sitting in the box reserved for visitors with the rest of their group spread through the various stands. So far Dumbledore had been very well behaved but no one expected that to last forever. No way would he let his pawn simply walk away again.
 
-----------------------
Severus Snape worked quickly, destroying all the potions he'd so carefully brewed all that time ago for the Headmaster. If Dumbledore wanted to control Potter he'd have to do so without his help. The boy had become far too interesting for Snape to watch him under the control of those potions. He smirked; the boy was certainly good at destroying the carefully laid plans of others. He'd felt his utter shock when he'd congratulated him and he was honestly glad to see Draco at Harry's side and not Voldemort's.
 
-------------------------
Harry wandered the halls with his group, smiling as the muggles stared around them in awe. Their reactions were amusing but Harry no longer felt such wonder, in fact he now considered their world home not this one. He'd come to enjoy the various technologies that would not work in such a highly magical area and wouldn't give them up. He stiffened as he felt someone nearby gathering magic for a powerful spell and the sword of Gryffindor leapt into his hand without him drawing it.
 
“Prepare for attack.” He said and the group moved into position, spreading out to provide more targets. Harry cast a large shielding charm on the hall in front of them and readied himself for a fight. He looked down and swore, the gathering magic had been a decoy.
“Don't inhale!” He yelled as the potion spread through the air. But it was too late. People began slumping to the ground as they breathed in the potion. Harry held his breath and called his magic to clear the air but he'd breathed in some of the fumes as well and his head was spinning. He glared at the familiar bearded wizard before succumbing to the potions effects and collapsing amongst his men.
 
-------------------------
The castle was in turmoil as armed men searched for their missing members. Every wizard they had had been called in to help. But what had the pilots worried was the absence of Dumbledore. No one had seen the man since Harry's group had gone missing and all were very worried about what the manipulative man would do to him. Harry had already been through so much. A careful eye was kept on a rampaging Chinese pilot who kept his katana in his hand.
 
Minerva watched as the muggles efficiently set to searching for the missing men. She couldn't believe Albus had done something so foolish. Then again she had read Harry's interview and had since lost most of her respect for the man. She quickly ordered all students to their dormitories and then had the head of houses seal them inside for safety, it would look very bad if a curious student was accidentally shot or something.
 
“I've got it.” They all turned to Neville as he ran into the hall, a piece of worn parchment in his hand. The Weasley twins grabbed it and spread it on the table. One of them pointed his wand at the parchment; no one could be bothered trying to work out if it was Fred or George.
 
“I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.” The red head stated and they watched as the map came to life in front of them. All eyes were on the map, searching for the missing names.
 
“There!” Juri exclaimed, pointing to a section of the map. Sure enough the missing men were there, all but Harry Potter and Albus Dumbledore.
 
---------------------------------
Harry groaned as he opened his eyes. His head was pounding and he really wanted to throw up. He tried to move and his eyes flew fully open as he looked up to see his hands chained above his head. He pulled at the chains but they wouldn't move. He looked around the dark room but couldn't see the others anywhere. He slumped against the wall, he was so tired but he knew that falling asleep was a bad idea, he had to escape. He slumped, faking unconsciousness as the door creaked open. He felt an aged hand push his head up but stayed limp.
 
“Hello Harry.”
 
TBC…