Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Surrey Trouble ❯ Chapter 40 ( Chapter 39 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Still don't own them.
Sorry about the wait but I suck at writing battle scenes.
 
Chapter 40
 
 
Harry dodged a curse and smiled as he saw Shenlong take down a giant out of the corner of his eye. The Gundams and mobile suites were being used to take down those enemies that were too dangerous for the ground troops to tackle due to either size or their ability to do damage. Harry spun quickly and blocked another curse with his sword. Most people from both sides were leaving him and Tom alone but not all were which made the fight a bit annoying.
 
“We don't need to do this boy. Think of your time at my side. Help me and you will be my heir once again.” Voldemort enticed and to Harry's surprise he found himself considering it for a second. Shaking his head he tightened all his mental defences, throwing off whatever Tom was trying to do. From the smirk on the Dark Lord's face Harry knew he had realised that he had gotten to Harry even if only for a brief second.
“Admit it Harry, you miss it. You miss having an army ready to do your will. You miss being able to do whatever you wish without petty morals in the way. Come back my heir and together we can have everything.” Without knowing it Harry had slowly been lowering his wand and sword, as the words seemed to echo through his mind, dulling his thoughts and senses.
 
“HARRY!!!” He jerked as the scream ripped through him from his ear and his weapons instantly came back up to be aimed at Voldemort.
“Stay with me Harry, don't listen to him. Think of Fei Harry.” The wizard nodded at Quatre's instructions even though he knew the pilot couldn't see him. Good thing Quatre had a habit of keeping an empathic eye on his friends during battle or who knows what he would have done just then.
 
“Thanks Quat.” Harry whispered into the pick up. He grimaced at how easily Tom was still able to manipulate him even after everything his family and Fawkes had done to keep him from doing just that. He gritted his teeth and began a barrage of offensive spells that made sure Tom wouldn't have the time to talk except to cast his own spells. But he was still cautious, it wasn't like he needed to speak the spell himself for a lot of curses these days and he knew that there was no way Tom didn't have the same ability.
 
--------------------
Quatre paused as he felt something odd from Harry before quickly moving to take down the giant he had been fighting. He turned and felt dread settle in his heart as he watched Harry slowly lowering his weapons. The emotions he could feel from his friend began to become dull. He flicked his transmitter to Harry's private channel as quickly as he could, no one else needed to hear this.
 
“HARRY!!!” He screamed into it and was relived to see Harry jerk back and his weapons come back up.
“Stay with me Harry, don't listen to him. Think of Fei Harry.” Quatre urged to keep Harry focused. He could just make out Harry's nod and relaxed slightly as Harry's emotions became clear again.
 
“Thanks Quat.” Quatre smiled at the whispered thanks and went back to fighting the giants, keeping a closer eye on Harry than before. He wouldn't put it past Voldemort to have more ways to mess with Harry's head then those he'd already used. He smiled as his lover moved closer so that they could watch each other's backs as the fighting intensified.
 
-------------------
Wufei felt his heart stop beating as he caught Harry lowering his weapons from the corner of his eye but he was too far away and too deep in the battle. It only started beating again when Harry jerked and raised them again while throwing a grateful look at Sandrock. He smiled slightly; Quatre was doing what he always did by the looks of things. He tried to keep one eye on his lover as he finally finished off one of the last giants and moved onto some vampires that had been harassing some of his fellow Prventor's. It was easier said then done as the two wizards cut loose. Soon both sides were being careful to give them a wide berth, as their attacks got more and more devastating. He could only pray that Harry's youth and greater stamina gave him an edge over Tom's greater experience.
 
----------------------
Draco watched as Luna tore through the ranks of Death Eaters with an amused smirk. Who'd have thought Loony Lovegood could be so vicious? But she had truly loved Longbottom and the people she was killing were responsible for his death. Who was he to say anything about her way of grieving? He was just glad he'd been able to convince Blaise to wait out the fight on L4 at one of Winner's places. His oldest friend was simply still too emotionally and mentally fragile to face those who had helped enslave him. And he could admit, if only to himself, that he never wanted Blaise near a battlefield of any sort. Yes Draco Malfoy, the sneering hateful Slytherin, cared deeply for his friend. He sent the killing curse out and watched as Crabbe jnr hit the ground, not feeling anything for his one time keeper and bodyguard.
 
---------------------------------
Heero smiled as he heard Duo laughing over the communications gear even as Deathscythe cut through a group of vampires and werewolves. He hated the fact that Duo needed to fight but he loved watching him do so because it was when the braided pilot was truly in his element. He tried to also keep an eye on Harry but it was all but impossible with the way he and Tom were moving around. He'd heard Quatre's scream since he tended to monitor all communications during a fight and was worried. If something happened again would Quatre notice in time with how far the blond was now from his brother? Hopefully Harry was keeping Tom too busy to try whatever it was again.
 
Heero spared himself a brief second to relax as the last vampire fell before releasing his safety straps and leaving his Gundam to join the fight below. It was too risky to use them now; they didn't want to hit their own troops. He pulled his gun and opened fire, laughing as he felt his lover move up to cover his back all the while giving his usual battle comments.
 
-------------------------
Harry blinked the sweat from his eyes as he circled Tom. They had been fighting for well over an hour now and both were tiring and injured to various degrees. They both knew they had to end it soon but both were unable to so far. Harry could feel that so far the rest of the battle was going well. He'd seen the pilots leave their suits to join the battle on the ground a while ago and could only hope they were all okay. He knew there had been losses on their side but he couldn't afford to think about that, not yet anyway.
 
He dodged a particularly nasty curse and returned fire with one of his own. He knew he had to finish it and soon he just couldn't see how. His danger sense flared and he went to dodge only for his attacker to collapse, dead, and reveal Wufei. He flashed his lover a grateful smile and went on the attack against Tom, not noticing the look on the older wizard's face as he noticed the interaction between the two.
 
----------------------
Voldemort allowed himself to feel a glimmer of triumph as he saw the look exchanged between Potter and the muggle. So that was whom the boy had dreamt of and it was obvious that their ties were what were keeping Harry from submitting to him. So the muggle must die. He hid his smirk as Potter went back on the attack, bidding his time since the muggle was sticking close to watch Potter's back. When he moved there was nothing either young man could do but stare in shock.
 
Voldemort held the muggle tightly with his wand to the man's temple. The muggle struggled briefly but as the wand dug in further he went limp.
 
“Give up Harry, come back to me and I will spare his life.” He hissed, tightening his grip.
 
“Don't you dare Harry! Don't listen to him.” The muggle yelled and Voldemort tightened his grip.
 
“Imperio.” He hissed and he felt the spell take hold on the Asian man in his grip. He let go and the man simply stood there.
 
-----------------
Harry could do nothing but stare in horror as Tom moved, grabbing and disarming Wufei. He raised his wand but couldn't get a clear shot, not without hitting his lover. He watched fearfully as Wufei struggled only to go limp as Tom's wand dug into his temple painfully.
 
“Give up Harry, come back to me and I will spare his life.” Tom offered and Harry shuddered slightly at the tone of his voice. But he stayed still, not wanting to give Tom any reason to kill Fei. But could he give himself up to save his lover? He would be betraying the world to suffer under darkness if he did. But could he live without Wufei?
 
“Don't you dare Harry! Don't listen to him.” Wufei yelled at him, sending his love with his eyes. Harry swallowed and let his love show in his eyes. He couldn't do what Tom wanted but he couldn't let him kill Wufei either.
 
“Imperio.” Tom hissed and Harry watched his lover's eyes become blank and glazed even as Tom stepped back.
 
“Fei fight it!” Harry yelled, finally finding his voice. He took a half step forward, hand extended to his lover but the other man didn't move.
 
“Kill him.” Tom ordered and Harry could only stare in shocked horror as Wufei moved to obey.
 
TBC…