Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 29: More Training and how they all met! ( Chapter 30 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap. 29 - More Training and how they all met!

By: Piccard

I understand that by now it might be a little late to go over how they all came to be on the Poledes, but I realised I had many lose ends to tie. So here's chapter 29.

------------------------- /\/**

Disclaimer: A long time ago, on a computer like mine, I tapped in a disclaimer. So go to an earlier chapter!

What am I playing at? I have no bloody idea!

------------------------- /\/**

Several hours later, Piccard and Tom were the only ones still awake in the lounge. After finding his uniform, Dark had gone to his room in a strop. Cybos and R-396 were in the holodeck with Anaetheron and Mina, and they had no idea where anyone else was. "So we did good with the force fields then?" "Of course, I'll set up more." Piccard summoned his staff and the familiar orange glow appeared. "There, that's the mansion surrounded. But something seems amiss. Ah!" He waved his staff again and they heard a female voice, "Computer online." "What did you do?" "Created the `computer'. This'll shock everyone." Piccard stood up, as did Tom, "You're trying to turn this place into Starfleet command aren't you?" "Course not Mr. Barclay! Now, I'll deal with replicators and phaser banks in the morning." Piccard walked over to what remained of the pile and sorted his own uniform, "Good night Tom." "Good night P." Tom said as he picked up the last uniform and lay on the sofa. Piccard however, got to his room, and found Amy curled up in bed facing the wall. He climbed in beside her and ran a hand over her quills, causing her to moan slightly. "Night love." Was all Piccard said as he gently moved his hands around her body and fell asleep whilst gently holding her breasts.

The next morning, Piccard woke and found that he and Amy were still in bed, and in exactly the same position they were when he fell asleep. "Whole night holding her? Nice." He said to no-one in particular as he relaxed and started nuzzling the back of her neck, causing her to moan and stir slightly. Piccard smiled as she woke and noticed where Piccard's hands were. "So that's why I slept better than usual?" "Probably." Piccard said as he released his hands and she turned to face him. "After yesterday, clothes will be confining." He said with a grin. "I'm sure we can bear it." Was all she said as she embraced him. Several minutes later, the pair of them got up and noticed their clothes folded up on the other bed. Piccard moved over first and slipped on his uniform while Amy dealt with her underwear. "Piccard?" He turned to see her with a questioning look. "Don't you wear anything under those?" "Not if I can help it. These trousers are tight enough as it is." Piccard said as he added his com badge and the pips and stripe. Amy smiled as she pulled her dress on and walked out with Piccard in tow.

When they came to the lounge, they saw Jon and the Doctor sitting on the sofa watching something in the holodeck. Jon was in a uniform similar to Piccard's now, but it had a yellow trim, two pips and a dark yellow stripe. "What are you two doing?" Both of them turned to see Piccard and Amy as Dark walked in. "We're spying on everyone. I'm using my Psionics to transfer the camera through everyone's rooms to see what's happening, want to watch as well?" Piccard just smiled as he said, "Make it so!" This caused Dark, Jon and the Doctor to laugh, but Amy was confused. Piccard noticed this and leaned over her shoulder. "There was once a captain who went by the same name as me, and whenever they engaged their warp drive, he nearly always said that." She partially understood, but Piccard just gave up as they sat down. "Lets see everyone then." Dark smiled as he turned the screen on and his eyes glowed. (This would take too long to paragraph, and I don't have that much time.)

Sonic and Shadow: Both arguing over who'd use the bathroom first, with the term `faker' being thrown around for good measure.

Tails and Cream: Both sleeping peacefully in each other's arms, and both Piccard's swore their lips were locked together.

Tom and Rogue: Both in bed obviously busy doing something where they rather wouldn't be disturbed.

Anaetheron, Mina, Cybos and R-396: Sleeping in two separate piles on the holodeck with arms wrapped around their partners.

Antoine and Bunnie: Piccard's eyes went wide as he saw Bunnie tied to the bed, and Antoine over her, dressed in leather with a grin on his face. (That's wrong! Me: Since when did you care Jon?)

Sally and Elias: Both in their own beds sleeping peacefully. (Nothing fancy, but then they are brother and sister!)

Geoffery and Hershey: Dark raised an eyebrow as the two were both standing in an embrace. "How come we never noticed her before?" "She's been keeping to herself." Piccard told him.

Dark flipped the screen to the holodeck at this point and his eyes returned to normal, "And that's just the interesting lot." Was all he said. Piccard was about to say something else when he noticed that there was a training session going on with Anaetheron and Cybos using Piccard's coliseum program. The two demons had gone straight to the last level and were battling their holo versions. Piccard was smiling as he watched them, but then noticed that the real Anaetheron was bleeding. "Shit! Computer, safety mode on!" They heard several beeps before the all to familiar female voice was heard saying, "Safety's activated." The next thing Piccard knew, everyone there was staring at him in shock. The Doctor was the first to speak. "You recreated the computer as well?" "Well it saved me having to monitor the systems all day." Jon simply stood up and looked towards the ceiling, "Computer, are you there?" He sniggered slightly, but then he heard the voice again, "Course I am you stupid git!" Jon's face went white as he turned to find Piccard in hysterics. "I decided an upgrade in personality might help it."

SHODAN at this moment in time was watching her creatures training, and was dismayed by the number of casualties. "I told you training a task force would be to difficult!" She turned to see Bio, "Ha bloody Ha, report!" "Battle body is 21% complete, and the station is running at 75% efficiency." This got her attention, "Why?" Bio simply pointed over to those training. "I see." She admitted as Bio started working on her consoles. She was surprised that she suddenly felt more relaxed and she turned to Bio, "Thought you needed to relieve some tension, and this is the closest thing that I can do to a shoulder massage." Jut then, they heard a door open and a familiar voice, "Getting close to the leader are you?" Bio stopped, and span around to see D'sparil. "Just helping to relieve stress." "I can think of a better method." "Hentai!" SHODAN quickly tired of this and decided to but in. "Sorry to interrupt your fascinating conversation, but can you both do something to help the training? I need competent fighters, so you better get metal as well." Both bowed as they left, and as they walked down the corridor, D'sparil started another conversation. "Why does she want Piccard so bad?" "The same reason you want Dark. An ancestor defeated her, and he's the one she can take revenge on." "Fair enough, but what about the boss brain and his legions?" "Another ancestor defeated them, and they also want revenge." D'sparil shook his head as they continued to walk.

Back at the mansion, nearly everyone was now watching the training match in the holodeck with interest, for both Anaetheron and Cybos had kept the fight going for well over thirty minutes. "Nice to know they can go the distance." "Of course it is, that'll help us in the long run." As Piccard said that, they heard two roars on the screen as the holo characters fell. "Computer, end program." Anaetheron said, and they both left as the deck returned to normal. Everyone just relaxed and started talking as the two entered the lounge, and they promptly joined in.

After half an hour of just talking, Elias finally popped an interesting question. "How did the three of you meet? I mean we know it was on the Poledes, but how did you meet up?" Piccard, Jon, Tom and the Doctor exchanged glances as Piccard spoke up. "Well, me and the Doctor met before that, after he got me out of stasis." Piccard then explained to them the deal of being 818 years old and how he came to this time frame. (See Chap. 17) Then Elias spoke again, "I did wonder how SHODAN was dealt with over 800 years ago, but that doesn't answer my question." Piccard just smiled. "Okay, I'll tell of how we met, and how me and the Doctor came to the Poledes then, that's if you don't mind Doc?" "Course not, go ahead, I'm rubbish at stories."

/\/** Flashback Piccard's POV /\/**

It was 2980, and the USS Lebanon, my former ship, was docked with the Poledes for supplies and crew rotation, but the Doctor and me had asked for a transfer to the Poledes, due to the fact that the Lebanon wasn't very powerful, and nearly always relied on help in fights. Anyway, I was on the gantry with several other new crewmembers as a voice spoke over the crowd and told us where our quarters were, along with our names and ranks so that everyone knew who we were.

I can still remember hearing the governor's voice saying, "Marine Commander Piccard Arrowsmith, Deck 32 Section J of Corridor P." As I picked up my stuff, I noticed a technician talking to the Doctor, who was promptly led off to the medi-bay, his new home.

As I entered the quarters, I immediately knew that work needed to be done, so I bought out my staff and redecorated the whole room in an instant. Placing my pack on the bed I began to arrange the place, and after around half an hour the place was finally complete. Feeling contented, I lay back and began to think what my duties might consist of when I got a call form old lard-arse himself. "Gvnr. Taylon to Cmndr. Arrowsmith, you are invited to dine with the other high ranking officers and myself at the mess hall. Come when ready." The message ended as I picked up my pad and downloaded a map of the station. I can remember saying, "Mess hall, Deck 12, Section A near Turboshaft 11."

It took me half an hour to finally find the place, and when I got there I was amazed by the size of the place. Then I heard my name being called, and looked to see a pimply youth beckoning me over. As I sat down I was greeted by the Gvnr. Whose voice I recognised from the transmission and from telling me where to go. He shook my hand and started to introduce me to the other officers there, and then he got to the pimply youth who called me over. "This is Station Admiral Thomas Brown." I started talking to him, and found we had lots in common, so it was natural that we became fast friends.

We talked and ate for half an hour before we heard the sound of engines being engaged, and looking out of the window we could see the ships going to warp. "There goes the Lebanon." I said to myself as she vanished from sight. I turned back, and immediately noticed I was crying, and only uttered "Sorry." Before the governor spoke, "New arrivals always tend to get a bit emotional as their old ships leave, I'm used to it." As we started to continue, we heard a scream and several cheers from across the hall, and we all looked to see a young ensign on a table doing what appeared to be tap dancing. The governor stood up and started shouting, "For god sakes Andrew's, Pull yourself together." But it didn't stop him, and the governor only sighed as he sat down. "He's only been here an hour and he's hell already."

Another hour later, I was back in my quarters looking over all the station systems when I heard someone at my door. "Who is it?" "Open and see!" I just smiled as I opened the door and guess who jumps on me. "This is too fast, we don't even know each other yet!" He just chuckled as he stood up and helped me off the floor. "I'm Marine Commander Piccard Arrowsmith." "It's average to see you! I'm Technical Assistant Jonathan Andrews." We shook hands and started to talk about our lives and previous ships, and I think he was pretty shocked after learning how I got there, and of my magic. "Well it's different certainly." Was all I remember him saying.

/\/** End Flashback Readers POV /\/**

"That's how we met, and how I came to the Poledes." Piccard said as the group were intently listening, but then noticed that it was over and they all started to come back to reality. "So I met Tom at the Gvnr's table, and I met Jon after he jumped on me." They laughed slightly as Piccard just sat back and closed his eyes. "What about you two then?" Jon and Tom just stared, then Jon started to speak. "I came to the Poledes from the USS Enterprise R, the crew insisted that they take me, but when asked why, they just said I would be a benefit to them. After an hour, I was lucky to still be there, and as soon as my ship left, I returned to my old self." Tom only groaned as it was his turn to speak, "I arrived six months before these two, and I came from the USS Antigua. The moment I arrived, I was promoted to Admiral, don't know why, and the governor gave me his training. But as Piccard put it, `teaching me to eat all the pies.' Six months later, I was put in charge of where the new arrivals would go, sleep, etc. and after I did all that, I was invited to dinner, and after I had been there for five minutes, Piccard walked through the door, and I was told to call him."

As Tom finished talking, Piccard summoned himself a cup of Earl Grey, and as he drank, he noticed his Dark side looking at him strangely, "How can you drink that stuff?" Before Piccard could respond, Jon intervened, "By putting it to his mouth and pouring it in." "I drink it because I like it." Dark smirked, "Bet you said that to Amy as well didn't you?" This did it, Piccard sprayed the tea from his mouth into the cup, and the whole room started laughing, as Piccard and Amy turned bright red. "I didn't say that." Piccard said as he drank again. "No, but you wanted to, didn't you?" "No I didn't!" Piccard said as he got up and walked over to Dark, "Least I've been intimately close with someone, what about you?" "I'm working on it." Was all Dark said as he leaned over to Tikal and put his arm round her.

SHODAN was now happy, for Bio, Metal and D'sparil had helped her create a smallish force that might be able to take Piccard's strength away. "Excellent, you all have the rest of the day off to regain your strength." Was all she said to the beasts, who all promptly collapsed on the floor. Back in their room, Bio climbed on the bed, Metal and D'sparil simply sat on some chairs. "I don't like the way this is going." "Me neither Bio, but we have to serve her. You know what she'll do if we betray her and she catches us." D'sparil sighed. "Only Dark knows what might happen, and he escaped before he could confirm it." Bio took off his helmet and brushed his green hair with his hand. As he put his helmet to his side, he noticed D'sparil staring at him. "Why all the green?" "I'm made from an emerald, or at least that's what I understand, so it's only natural." The warlock only shook his head as Bio put his shard on the shelf and D'sparil drew his staff. "It was fun talking, but I need to go." "Fair enough, see ya D." After D'sparil disappeared, Bio turned to Metal to see him still reading Macbeth. "Where you up to?" "Act four scene one, it's quite good." "Well I'm going to sleep, see ya later." Bio fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow, and five minutes later, Metal off-lined on his chair, still holding the book.

Piccard glanced at the clock, 12:30. "I'm cooking lunch." Rogue gladly shouted, causing everyone to groan, before Dark stood up and said, "Don't worry, I'll help her." This calmed them, "What are we having?" "You'll have to wait and see Light!" was all Dark said as he and Rogue entered the kitchen and shut the door. "I'm worried about what we'll get!" "Me to, but as long as it's not burnt or frozen I'll eat it." Everyone agreed with this as they all prepared themselves by talking some more.

I know that was short, but after tomorrow I might not get a chance to update for at least another three days, and as I type this it's 11:11! Well, anyway, how was it? Good, Bad, As nice as Tuvok is emotional? Review or else!

Piccard, positively knackered. /\/**