Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 30: Another log recording and an emotional moment! ( Chapter 31 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap. 30 - Another log recording and an emotional moment!

By: Piccard

I assume that you can tell that I enjoy writing this because I update every day or so, and not doing so causes me to suffer withdrawal symptoms. Anyway, enough moaning, here's chapter 30!

------------------------------- /\/**

Disclaimer: I'm sure I wrote it before, and I will be damned if I repeat myself!

The damned return? I'm just an Author…

------------------------------- /\/**

Piccard glanced at the clock, 12:30. "I'm cooking lunch." Rogue gladly shouted, causing everyone to groan, before Dark stood up and said, "Don't worry, I'll help her." This calmed them, "What are we having?" "You'll have to wait and see Light!" was all Dark said as he and Rogue entered the kitchen and shut the door. "I'm worried about what we'll get!" "Me to, but as long as it's not burnt or frozen I'll eat it." Everyone agreed with this as they all prepared themselves by talking some more.

In the kitchen, Rogue and Dark were both doing their tasks. Rogue was sorting food, and Dark was supposed to be helping, but he was just arsing around in his apron. "Dark," He turned to see the bat with an evil smirk on her face, "Are you planning on actually doing something or are you just going to admire yourself in a pink apron?" Dark calmly shook his head as he walked over to her and actually started helping her. "Why do you just admire yourself whenever you wear it? It's just an apron." "It's more than that." Dark said as he folded his arms over it, "It makes me look good." Rogue sweatdropped, "If you say so." Was all she said as she turned back to her work.

Piccard was in the holodeck with Tails and Antoine now, as Tails finished with the cannon and wanted to try it out. Piccard bought his fist forward to counter a Sabreclaw and Antoine managed to sidestep a lethal head chop as he bought his sword up through the beast's head. "One fur me!" he said triumphantly as he turned to see Piccard with his hand at a Sabreclaws throat, seconds later, the beast fell and Piccard ran a hand through his hair. "That's him down." Before they could celebrate, A rocket cut them off, and they turned to see a cyberdemon at the main coliseum entrance. Just then, they heard a whirring noise behind them, and also Tails's voice shouting "Get down!" Piccard and Antoine flung themselves to the floor as a bright green sphere of energy flew over their heads and impacted with the demon, causing it to fall to the floor out of pain and shock. Piccard glanced over his shoulder and smiled, "Nice to know you modified it well." "I'm just good at it." Was all Tails said as he fired another shot into the demon, causing it to explode. "I never knew fusion cannons were that powerful, even on the `death' setting." Tails turned to Piccard, and only said "Mods." As they heard the door open and saw Dark walking in with a slightly sad look on his face, "Dinner will be postponed, as there's been a cock up on the kitchen front." Piccard raised an eyebrow, "What kind of cock up?" "I believe the word `Annihilated' would be better." Piccard's eyes widened as he bolted out of the deck and downstairs, with the other three in tow.

When he flung open the door to the kitchen, a thick column of black smoke instantly greeted him, causing him to cough immensely. "Why do these things have to happen?" was all Piccard said as he summoned his helmet, put it on and proceeded into the inferno. As he walked through the smoke, he tried to dodge any obstacles in his way, but a few profanities were heard as he smashed into several things. "Enough." Piccard shouted as he pressed a button on the side of his helmet, and his vision partially cleared. Feeling contented, he continued further, until he tripped over something. As he fell, he used his hand to try and grab something, and he managed to grab a hold of something soft. As he lifted himself up, he was smacked in the right side of his helmet, causing him to reel in shock as he tried to focus through the smoke, and he could just make out a figure. "Rogue?" "Piccard, if you know what's good for you, then let go." Piccard wondered why, but then looked down and noticed exactly what he had a hold of. As he pulled his hand away from her chest, his blushing was evident through the fog and his helmet. He looked back up to see Rogue nursing her hand, "Why is it hurting?" "Because I have my helmet on." Was all he said as he took her hand and guided it to the area she hit before.

Just then, they heard voices outside the door, "Piccard, ahre you alright?" "I'm fine Antoine, so's Rogue. But we need to find a way to vent the smoke." Then he heard Dark's voice suggesting, "Open a window?" Piccard managed to make his way over to a window, and as he opened it, the smoke just billowed out as it was replaced by oxygen. As vision returned to normal, Piccard removed his helmet and rubbed his eyes. "Remind me never to use enhanced vision, and then remove the helmet. It plays hell with my retinas!" He complained as he teleported his helmet back to his room. "Ah suppose lunch eez a no-no then?" Dark and Rogue hung their heads low, with Dark managing to say, "You could say that." Piccard only smiled as he put a hand on Dark's shoulder, "I thought you said before that you could cook." "I did, but it wasn't always edible."

Piccard only sighed as he made his way back to the rest of the group. Luckily, Tails told everyone of the kitchen problem, which Piccard was thankful for as it saved him the bother. As he lay on the floor he looked up at the clock, 2:30. "Why is it we can't get a decent meal?" Piccard merely shut his eyes as Sonic continued his rambling complaints, and no-one noticed his eyes glowing orange, or the small flash on the wall. A minute later, Piccard got up and walked over to it. Of course, Sonic was the first to notice, "Whats that?" "This is a replicator, it can create whatever you want. Provided it has power!" Piccard turned back and pressed several buttons, and after several beeps, he said those four magic words. "Tea, Earl Grey, Hot." before reaching in and picked up said cup, before putting it to his lips and taking a sip. "Just how I remember it." He said as he placed it on the table next to him. Then he noticed the look on Sonic's face, "Want to try it out?" as soon as he said this, Piccard had to jump out of the way of a speeding hedgehog that was intent on a meal. Several minutes later, Piccard rolled his eyes as he was pelted by stray chilli from the hungry hog's lunch. "Practicing your lava magic again are you?" "No Dark, someONE got a bit over obsessed with eating to notice the mess he's making of the room." Piccard's eyes glowed white, and then all the sauce over his uniform vanished, as did the lot on the walls. Piccard then smiled, turned and started to walk. "Where you going?" "To record a log Tom." Piccard said as he exited and walked towards his room, and as soon as he got there, he jumped onto his bed and pulled a grey pad from the shelf.

/\/** Personal Log - I.D. 27564

Author: Marine Commander Piccard Arrowsmith

Subject: Technicalities and issues.

----------------------------

I have a feeling that this will be my shortest log yet, as hardly anything significant has happened since my last one, but I shall attempt to fill you in.

Anaetheron and Jon were called on by the Phobos Barons for a duel, and suffice to say that our team won. Personally, I think the fight changed them both for the better. Anaetheron now knows how to control his rage, and Jon seems completely reformed, no longer acting a psycho or a nut job.

Cybos also had a challenge by the Deimos Cyberdemon, and with my help we managed to defeat the monster. The fight didn't really change him much, but what Dark gave him afterwards certainly did. He was strutting round like he had the Taj-mahal attached to his crotch, and this did manage to get the attention of a certain assassin.

Love lives, Anaetheron has one with Mina, and I assume that both Cybos and Dark have as well, Cybos with R-396, and Dark with Tikal, the echidna he rescued on his last mission. Amy and me are still going strong, and Rogue has decided to share Tom and Jon. Neither of them seems to mind, but them she has done them both, if you know what I mean.

Something also went amiss in the land of dreams, D'sparil somehow tapped into my mind and forced me into a dark vision. To save myself relapses in future I won't say exactly what, but I will say that I would never do it!

That's about all I can think of that's important for now. Will add more in the next log. Piccard, signing off.

End Log. /\/**

As Piccard put the pad down, he lay back and tried to get comfortable before he had a bright idea. He picked up his staff and waved it over the bed, and the sheets and other things reappeared on them as clean as they were before the other day. "That's better." He said to himself as he started to get comfortable, but then his eyes shot open as he sensed something was wrong. "Where is it?" He said as he rummaged around for his com badge, "There," He said as he tapped it. "Piccard to Dark, come in." "Dark here." "Is everything okay down there?" "You sensed it to? A gate outside the mansion, I'm on my way." "Hold them off for a minute, I'll get ready, Piccard out." He quickly leapt up and opened the cupboard, pulling out a suit of red armour that looked similar to the uniform, (It even had a badge on it) as he slipped it on, he grabbed everything off the chest of drawers that could be associated with weapons and ran down the stairs.

As he got to the lounge, he noticed Dark leaving through the front door, and walked over to the Doctor. "After I go, read this, but don't show it to anyone." The Doctor nodded as Piccard started out, but he felt a hand at his waist, "Amy?" "Good luck." She said as she kissed him on the cheek. He smiled as he turned a bright shade of red and went through the door, brandishing his plasma gun. As he ran onto the street, he saw Dark to his left dealing with one lot of creatures, and a horde on his right heading towards him. "They must be mine." Piccard said as he charged towards them with his finger hard on the trigger, causing them to faze slightly, leaving Piccard in shock. "That should have killed them in one!" He shouted as a kick to the chest sent him flying back into the force field. As he got up, he heard explosions, and noticed that Dark was now next to him and firing pyrokenesis bolts at his group. "They seem stronger than usual Dark." "I know, but we have to defeat them Light." "The Doctor will give us cover." "What do you mean?" "You'll see." Piccard finished as he got up and sheathed his gun, drawing his sword and running fast into the enemy. As he got close, he quickly dived and span, impaling three and slicing the leg off a fourth.

Everyone else meanwhile were watching though windows in the mansion, except for the Doctor, who was watching it on the T.V. as he finished reading the pad. "So that's what he wants me to do." Amy heard him and walked over. "What do you mean?" "Hang on, Emitter, activate E.C.H." there was a brief fizzle as the Doctor's program changed. He sat down with a command like demeanour as he spoke, "Computer, attack pattern, E.C.H Omega 42!" Just as Amy wondered what he meant, she saw something on the screen, Orange bolts firing from the side of the mansion and doing some damage to the attacking demons. "Told you he was turning this place into Starfleet command!" They both heard Tom say from his window seat. The Doctor only smiled as he waited for another moment, and as Piccard cast a whirlwind and sent several into the sir, he spoke again, "Computer, attack pattern, Arrowsmith Beta 11!" The phasers fired again, but they all seemed to focus on a central point before expanding exponentially until the Doctor shouted `Stop!"

Around an hour later, both Piccard and Dark were starting to tire and were panting heavily as they now relied on shotgun and chaingun to keep enemies distant. "How much longer can we keep this up?" "I have no idea Light." Was all that was said as an Arachnotron went down. "Feels like we've been fighting them forever." Down went a revenant duo. "We can't go on much longer." Several Sabreclaw bit the dust as both Piccards fell. As they did, the attackers just stopped, and seemed to move back. "Think our being out scared them?" before Dark could continue, Bio appeared in a flash. "Both of the Piccard's tired so quickly?" "Sod off bastard!" Bio only sniggered, "It's funny, but I thought taking you both down would be more of a challenge than this. Obviously SHODAN's task force did it's job." This got Dark's attention. "What task force?" "After me and Metal had to put up with SHODAN's anger after you killed her allies, she has been training a task force to weaken you, and now I shall deal the finishing blow!" Bio's arm morphed, and he drew his arm back as he prepared to impale both Piccard's in one strike.

But before he could do anything, he felt a strange chill. As if he was being targeted by something with immense power. Then he managed to make out a voice from inside the mansion. "Computer, offensive pattern Anti-Borg Theta 96" Before Bio suddenly found himself reeling in pain from being hit by several phaser beams at once. "Nice shot Doc, one more will do it!" "Sorry, but that last move drained the power, you're on your own." Came their reply. Bio managed to regain his senses as he bought his blade into position again. "Now you'll die!" and this time, a smashing noise was heard from above, and as Bio looked up, a hammer to the face greeted him. "Amy? What are you doing?" But before she could respond, Bio jumped up and attempted to slash her, but she bought her hammer up to block it. She said nothing as she smashed the left side of Bio's head so that he went flying. As he did this, she turned to the others, "That's him gone." Before Piccard could respond, he looked over her shoulder and noticed Bio flying towards her with his blade outstretched, "AMY WATCH OUT!" Piccard shouted as he used what remained of his strength to vault himself up and push Amy out of the way.

As Bio's blade pierced his chest, he didn't scream, he didn't moan, he just felt a strange sensation. He could tell he wasn't dead, but he couldn't describe the feelings running through his head as he collapsed to the floor, As he rolled over, he noticed Bio above his head with the blade pointing downwards over Piccards heart. "Now to end it!" He shouted with glee as he plunged the sword down, but didn't account for one thing. Piccards left arm was over his chest as he rolled, and the impact knocked the button that activated the energy shield.

As soon as Bio noticed this, he roared in frustration before getting up and moving back several paces as Piccard's breathing increased. Bio got ready to charge forward, but stopped himself as he noticed that Amy had knelt next to Piccard and was crying heavily. "Girl, get out of the way!" Bio yelled as Amy looked up at him. "Can't you see the damage you've done?" "It's my job to kill him." "I don't mean that," she shouted as Bio raised an eyebrow, "I mean the damage to the rest of us! Look!" Bio looked around at the faces, that were either shocked, mournful or ready to burst into tears. "I'm only doing my job, to hunt Piccard, it's what I was created for!" Bio said as he raised an eyebrow, "I wasn't created to care about what other people think, I was just created to do as SHODAN pleases, kill Piccard." Everyone's attention was now focused on Bio, "You see, I have no understanding of human or anthropomorphic emotions, I was created to serve SHODAN and carry out her every mission without question, but I have frequently found myself wondering why I serve her, and I'm not the only one. Metal and D'sparil also have their doubts." Before he could continue, he heard static coming from a small device on his wrist, "Bio, why the delay?" "Sorry SHODAN, mission failed, both Piccards are tired, but they're both still alive." Everyone could hear SHODAN's anger over the com, "get back here now, irritant and face your punishment." As a green light engulfed bio, he heard Dark's voice, "Better think about what you saw here today Bio." He only smiled as he put on a brutal voice and said, "I'll consider it." as he vanished.

After he did, Dark noticed the crowd nearby. "We hope you had fun, but we need to treat the injured." He told them as he and Cybos helped carry him into the mansion and laid him out on the table. "Can you treat him Doc?" "His magic working, but I can't treat him without my tools because of the blood." He moved over the room and picked up his medi-kit, and pulled out the ORD. "This'll heal the injuries." The Doctor told them as he passed the device over the large stab wound that was evident in Piccard's chest. Several minutes later, the wound closed, and the Doctor pulled a hypo-spray from his belt and injected Piccard. And as Piccard opened his eyes, he heard the Doctor saying. "The damage has been dealt with, but he'll still feel the pain for a few hours." Piccard immediately understood this as he felt a searing pain in his chest, and the words he chose to signal he was awake were "F***ing hell that hurt like f***!" causing Jon and Dark to break into hysterics at his choice of words, and Tom and the Doctor only sweatdropped.

Now, that was one of my cleaner chapters I have to agree, but if you wanted smut, then you'll get some, just wait. (Or go back several chapters!) Well, how was it? Good, Bad, as sexy as Sulu and Checkov dancing together in leotards? Please review.

Piccard, logging out! /\/**