Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 32: The battle for Bio and overblown anger! ( Chapter 33 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap. 32 - The battle for Bio and overblown anger!

By: Piccard

I've been planning this chapter since I added Bio in chapter 19! I hope you like this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it! Here's chapter 32! Incidentally, Today was the day I told the people at college about me writing this fic, and I showed them the printouts that I have, and they seemed interested by chapter 21! (Try and guess why?)

------------------------- /\/**

Disclaimer: See a past chapter for this, I just want to start!

It's hammer time? Goody, lets go!

------------------------- /\/**

Piccard primed his shotgun as he and Dark aimed, but then they were greeted by the voice of the spider mastermind. "This is a matter of internal security, I advise you to stay out of it!" Piccard thought briefly before he fired a round into its glass shield. It slowly rose and aimed its chaingun. "Finish the traitors, I'll deal with the alliance!" She said as she now fully faced the group in front of the mansion. "Piccard James Arrowsmith! This is your challenge, the winner is the last one alive!"

Piccard only smirked as he looked at the demon. It was a good ten times larger than he was, and it had undergone major overhaul since he and Dark dealt with her. "Fine by me!" he shouted as he fired a blast direct into the beasts chaingun, causing it to reel. "All hands, fire!" Piccard yelled as the other alliance members let rip. Shurikans, Rockets, energy bolts and bullets all flew towards the spider, but they were shocked as some kind of force field appeared out of nowhere and absorbed it all. "I increased my defence since we last met!" she screamed as she started firing bullet after bullet, and appeared shocked herself as they collided with another barrier. "We increased our own defence's in case Bio attacked." Piccard told her as he fired another round and back flipped to dodge a bullet.

Bio's group meanwhile were coping fairly well with the legion. Bio was slashing with his emerald blade, Metal was buzz-sawing anything that got close and D'sparil was swinging his staff around like an expert as he deflected projectiles back at their respective owners. He used his staff to vault over a revenant as he drop kicked a demon into a nearby wall, then he bought his staff up, and the demon collapsed and was ripped apart by electrical energy. The warlock smiled as he spun round and knocked the Revenant he vaulted over into a pile of bones. Just then, a ball of lightning impacted with his feet, and he looked up to see a group of red creatures floating in the air. "Cacodemons!" He shouted as he ran towards Bio and Metal and quickly informed them of the aerial threat. Bio quickly turned and caught Piccard's attention by waving his blade manically in the air, managing to take down a group of Imps that were trying to sneak up on him. Bio merely pointed upwards and Piccard caught the gist of it.

On the roof, everyone was waiting for the order, and as the tension went high, the com badge beeped. Amy bounded over to it and activated it. "Amy here." "Here are your orders! Provide us with aerial cover, but at all costs don't attack Bio, Metal or D'sparil!" This left her a little shocked, "Why not?" "I'll explain later, just don't get them." Piccard disengaged the link as Amy relayed his orders to the others, and as she expected, people were shocked at hearing the order not to fire at Bio. "I don't know either," Sonic began, "But in this fight, he knows what he's talking about." He grabbed Piccard's plasma rifle and aimed at the floating red beasts before letting a stream of ionised particles fly towards them. "Nice shot!" Sonic looked over to Julian, "Now it's my turn." He said as he aimed a laser pistol and fired a concentrated bolt, and a piercing scream was heard as it impacted and sent one beast to the ground. "Finally I stand a chance at winning something!" He shouted in triumph as he continued firing.

Inside the mansion, the Doctor was on the sofa, watching the fight unfold on the T.V. when he received his orders, and he was very surprised when he was told whom he couldn't attack. "Doctor to Xerxes, we're all set!" "Acknowledged, but I'm unfamiliar with these federation targeting scanners!" "You'll manage!" The A.I only sighed as he was in the engine core of the holodeck, pushing buttons on a console and using his own hard drive to store data on how federation systems worked. "First target, a group of demons and a revenant." "Okay. Computer, attack pattern Andrews gamma 12!" Phaser bolts ricocheted from the mansion and shot between the targeted creatures. "Xerxes to Doctor, I have a clear shot at D'sparil!" "Don't! Piccard ordered us not to attack him, Bio or Metal!" "Why?" "I don't know, he said he'd tell us later." Xerxes only shook his head as he continued with his targeting. The Doctor only smiled as he looked over the pad of commands that he was authorised to use and smiled when he came to a certain one. "That'll work!" "I have a lock on the spider mastermind!" "Decent timing," The Doctor said, "Computer, offensive pattern Alliance theta 001!" After he said this, every single phaser bolt impacted with the mastermind as it emitted a piercing scream that could easily be heard from the mansion. The Doctor changed his smile to a frown as the mastermind got up and carried on. "And Kathryn's crew said I was difficult!" Xerxes heard this and managed to refrain from laughing.

The area outside the mansion was turning into a war zone. Bullets and shells reigned on the ground, while lasers and all manner of other energy flew from the roof. The legion only seemed to get stronger as time passed, and the more tired the alliance got, the stronger the demons did. "We can't keep this up!" "I know Dark, they're defiantly stronger!" Piccard shouted as he swung the butt of his shotgun to kill a demon that decided to get too close. "Help!" Both Piccard's spun round to see Anaetheron and Cybos trying to fend off the mastermind and failing miserably, Anaetheron looked ready to drop and Cybos was close to self-destructing. "Shit!" Piccard shouted as he drew his staff and the two of them disappeared in a blue light. "Where are they?" "On the roof, they can carry on in safety now." Before Dark could answer back, several chaingun rounds separated them, and as Piccard was in the middle of a back flip, a large metal leg hit him in the back and sent him sprawling to the ground several feet away. As he looked up, he saw the mastermind aiming her chaingun straight at him. "Now to do what the others didn't and win this one!" She screamed in triumph as she fired. Suddenly, a red and turquoise blur shot past Piccard and all the shots ricocheted. "Thought you might need some help!" "D'sparil?!?" The warlock climbed down from his serpent and helped Piccard to his feet. "Okay, tell me the full story of why you're here." It took a few minutes as the warlock skipped all the waiting delays, and they were interrupted several times, but after D'sparil finished, he swung round and climbed on his serpent. "We'll discuss this more later!" He shouted as he took

off and trampled over a group of Sabreclaws.

Metal was conducting a joint assault with R-396 at this time, basically, she shot a shurikan into their neck, and as they were fazed, Metal would bolt into them and rip them to shreds, and the plan was actually working, until R-396 took a rocket hit to the leg and had to be teleported out. "Damn!" Metal shouted as he span forward and barrelled through the ranks until he found Bio. "How many are still down here?" "You, me, the other Piccards and D'sparil." Metal shook his head sadly, "Unless the lot on the roof start on the group down here, we're cooked." "That's it!" Bio ran forward with his blade outstretched to avoid delays with Metal following close behind, and after a few minutes, they came to Piccard. "Order your lot on the roof to attack demons down here as well, there're only five of us left down here!" "Fair enough!" Piccard tapped his com badge. "Piccard to all hands, disregard orders and attack them at will, repeat disregard orders and attack them at will!" As soon as Piccard said this, bolts of all kinds began to fly from the roof and the sides of the mansion, as well as from the group still on the ground, and after a couple of minutes, many members of the legion were lying in blood pools or impaled on each other. "Now that's an attack pattern!" Piccard yelled as he drew a pad, "Computer, record this technique under the name Arrowsmith Omega 64!" There were several beeps as the data was recorded, and as soon as Piccard put it back into his pocket, a very angry mastermind confronted him.

"Ready to give up?" Piccard questioned with his shotgun primed. "You may kill me, but it won't achieve anything!" "What does that mean?" The mastermind merely grinned, as she looked Piccard square in the eye. "Think about it, SHODAN is supreme, you humans can only resist for a short while before she unleashes her full might against you!" "I've heard that one before!" Piccard countered, but it didn't faze the mastermind in the slightest. "She'll assimilate all that stand in the way of perfection, and then she'll come to your `friends'" "She'll fail!" The mastermind only sneered as she continued her verbal rant. "They'll be tortured to the point of insanity, and then undergo differing tortures depending on how they offended her." "Shut up!" Piccard yelled as he fired a shell, but it merely rebounded. "When she reaches Amy, she'll brutally maim her, and torture her and leave her out as rape fodder for the barons and revenants." "I'm warning you!" "And after that, she will be strung up, and then hung, drawn and quartered, and there'll be nothing you can do!" Piccard's anger was evident to all at this point, and no one was prepared for what happened next.

A reddish-orange cloud began to slowly creep up Piccard's body until it engulfed him completely. Everyone wondered what was going on, but Dark had a traumatised look on his face. "I don't believe it! It can't be true!" He kept saying to himself, but before the others could ask what he meant, there was an explosion and the cloud subsided, but Piccard had been radically altered. His skin was now dark, and his armour, clothes, eyes and hair all rapidly changed colours between red, orange and black. Before anyone could say anything, he shot forward and took a firm grip of the demons chaingun. "No one angers me and gets away with it!" He shouted as he clenched his fist and ripped out the creature's chaingun with a single try. Then, he positioned a fist over a sizable hole in the creature's glass shield, and it promptly glowed a dark black. "It's been decidably average knowing you!" Piccard shouted as he bought the charge straight down, and the mastermind's brain evaporated in an instant. Over by the others, Dark was preparing himself as Bio walked over to him. "You alright Dark?" "This is all going wrong! He told us he'd never use those powers again." Dark grabbed his sword and held it tightly in his right hand. "Light Piccard has been removed for now, and Chaos Piccard reigns." "Who's he?" "A force that's darker and more evil than both you and me combined! The fact is that the Piccard we know is no longer in control, and to get him back, we have to beat the monster." Dark said as he started walking. "I'll find what his intentions are."

As Dark came closer, he immediately noticed an aura of evil, that hung around what used to be Piccard. "You alright man?" Piccard didn't say anything, he just span and lashed with his sword, hitting Darks with a clang. Dark had to back flip to dodge a stab to the chest as he tapped his com badge. "Dark to all hands, I want you to all target Piccard with your weapons and fire!" Mixed protests came through the badge and Dark only shook his head. "We haven't got time for this! I'm being killed down here!" He bought his arm up to counter a slash, and the iron plating he had deflected all major damage. "Hurry! Dark out!" He sounded desperate as he disengaged the link and ran forward. "Sorry to have to do this Light." He said to himself as his blade just missed impaling Piccard, but the chaos being swung Dark around and sent him to the floor. After landing with a crunch, Dark rolled over, and didn't have enough time to react as Piccard's blade pierced his stomach in much the same way his own was at the mall when they first got there. As Dark screamed, He heard a low growl above him, and noticed that Chaos Piccard was now concentrating fire on the group on the roof, but he wasn't quick enough to dodge the phaser bolts from the Doctor and Xerxes's firing. He let loose a shrill battle cry as he formed a Pyro siege ball, but Dark noticed that it was merging with dark energy. "Lets get that force field down!" Chaos Piccard screamed as he flung the ball with a "Chaos sphere!" To his shock, the ball exploded against a green barrier, and turned to see Bio standing there, now without his helmet.

"You!" "I always thought that I was supposed to kill you because you were of the light, now when I decide to become friend's, you pull off the chaos transform!" Bio shouted as he morphed his arm into the emerald blade, and bought it up just in time to counter a critical blow. On the roof of the mansion, there was a heated debate on whether or not they should intervene, but before they could decide on anything, they hadn't noticed that Amy and Rogue had taken off until they heard both of their voices shouting "Piccard!" and they leaned over the side of the roof to watch this drama unfold. "Um, D'sparil?" The warlock turned to the two, "Can you get us over there?" "I'll try, climb on!" He edged forward on his serpent to allow the girls to climb on behind him as he rode towards Piccard, whom he noticed had worn Bio down and was turning towards them. "This might get a little rough!" D'sparil warned as he pulled on the reigns and the beast moved to the left, D'sparil pointed his staff and the serpent spat a fireball towards the marine, who simply took it to his chest and swung his sword round, leaving a sizable gash in the serpent and causing it to fall.

"Get off quick!" D'sparil shouted as the two girls flew off the serpent, but he was not so lucky as he landed and the creature landed on his legs, effectively putting them out as he moaned in pain, with the odd cry of "Get off you f***ing heavy bastard!" With D'sparil out of action and Metal helping to get Bio and Dark out of there, it just left the two girls against Chaos Piccard. As soon as he noticed who he was against, hw stumbled a bit, but regained his bearings as he slowly advanced towards them. "Can't you remember us?" Rogue shouted, "Who we are, and how close some of us are." Amy finished, looking as if she was on the verge of tears. Chaos Piccard faltered a bit, and everyone swore that his eyes flashed their usual shade of blue for several seconds before returning to the red shade as he advanced more, until the gap between them was virtually non-existent, and Amy tried a daring move. She leapt up onto Chaos Piccard and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Let me remind you!" was all she said as she pressed her lips against Piccard's as he tried to push her off, but her grip was too much. Gradually, his resistance decreased, and when it was virtually non-existent, he started kissing back. Amy was shocked, but what she didn't know was that as his resistance was weakening, a bluish-gold cloud surrounded Chaos Piccard and transformed him back.

As Amy opened her eyes, she noticed that Piccard was back and that he was looking a bit flustered. "What happened? I feel like I was hit by a Romulan disrupter then hung upside down in a tank with several Klingon Targs!" Amy's eyes widened, "You don't remember what happened?" "The last thing I remember was the mastermind going on about torturing you, then I'm here, what happened?" "Chaos Piccard!" Piccard spun to see Dark being carried with a sizable wound through him. "Oh god! Did I do this?" "Yes you did!" Piccard's eyes welled. "I'm sorry." "Don't worry, you weren't in control." "I just want to know how he got control again. I took many precautions." Dark didn't say anything as he allowed Anaetheron and Metal to carry him into the mansion. Piccard turned again to see an exhausted Bio trying to pull D'sparil out from under his serpent. "Let me guess, Chaos Piccard did this?" "Correct! That was my last serpent, and my legs have gone." Piccard only swung his staff around, and the warlock's legs were healed. "Now for the serpent, but do I have enough experience?" Piccard wondered as he swung his staff and started to glow a light gold, the intensity increased as he continued chanting until the golden bubble that surrounded him flew forwards and entered the body of the serpent as Piccard screamed "Resurrection!" Suddenly, the beast's eyes opened and it sat up, much to the relief of Piccard.

As D'sparil sent it back to the spirit realm, the warlock turned to see the genetic marine helping Piccard to his feet. "I just want to rest." Was all he said as Bio helped him back into the mansion, with the warlock in tow. As they entered, Bio was greeted by the Doctor, who immediately took a hold of Piccard and whisked him off to the holodeck. Bio and D'sparil entered the front room, and seemed shocked by what they saw. "SHODAN lied to us!" "What do you mean?" D'sparil turned to face Elias, "She told us that you were standing in her way as a group of rebels, and that you were using this mansion as a refuge. When I get a hold of her!" "Steady!" Bio patted the warlock on the shoulder and it calmed him slightly. "Bio," he looked over at Tikal, who bore a slightly interested look, "Is it true that you were formed from the master emerald?"

I would write more, but I have a policy that my chapters stay as close to 3000 words as possible. I'll continue that in the next chapter as it adds to suspense, but then, I always do! Well, how was it? Good, Bad, Worthy of the title `Dancing Queen'? Please review.

Piccard, finishing this knackered! /\/**