Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 33: The extraction and getting used to the new guys! ( Chapter 34 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap. 33 - The extraction and getting used to the new guys!

By: Piccard

After the last chapter, I felt like doing one to lower the pace a bit. Chaos Piccard might have been a bastard, but Bio's lot certainly wont after this chapter! (Well it's one method of loyalty!)

------------------------------- /\/**

Disclaimer: I'm sure that I once mentioned this. (Reads past chapters) Yep, there it is, thought so!

What threatens these lands? Other than this fic and SHODAN I have no idea!

------------------------------- /\/**

As D'sparil sent it back to the spirit realm, the warlock turned to see the genetic marine helping Piccard to his feet. "I just want to rest." Was all he said as Bio helped him back into the mansion, with the warlock in tow. As they entered, Bio was greeted by the Doctor, who immediately took a hold of Piccard and whisked him off to the holodeck. Bio and D'sparil entered the front room, and seemed shocked by what they saw. "SHODAN lied to us!" "What do you mean?" D'sparil turned to face Elias, "She told us that you were standing in her way as a group of rebels, and that you were using this mansion as a refuge. When I get a hold of her!" "Steady!" Bio patted the warlock on the shoulder and it calmed him slightly. "Bio," he looked over at Tikal, who bore a slightly interested look, "Is it true that you were formed from the master emerald?"

Bio only smirked as he looked the echidna in the eye, "It is, hence all the green!" "Doesn't it fluster you?" "Not at all, I'm used to it!" Bio said with an attempted smile, but he was incapable. People saw this and immediately began to murmur to each other, but D'sparil spoke up, "SHODAN only created him for duty, he wasn't given the basic human emotions and feelings. He knows what they are, but he doesn't know how to use them! I've tried teaching him, but to no avail!" Bio only chuckled at this point. "It did partially work, or I wouldn't be able to smirk." (Rh. Doctor: Don't you dare!)

Several minutes later on the holodeck, Piccard and Dark were both asleep on beds as Amy and Tikal entered and saw their forms. "How could Piccard do that?" "No idea," Amy started, but then took a close look at Piccard's face and swore she saw dried up tears, he'd cried himself to sleep. "It must really get to him, this transforming!" Tikal looked up from where she was hovering over Dark and moved over to Amy, "To be honest, I think I'd get a bit touchy if I turned into a killing machine with no memory of what I'd done!" Tikal sat down on the bed next to Dark after saying this and ran a hand through his black hair. "Hope he'll be alright." "He will," Both girls turned to see the Doctor, "While their physiologies are the same, Dark doesn't have the same regenerative powers as Piccard does, but my medication works a lot better on him than it does on Piccard." He noticed the look on the young echidna's face and put an arm round her shoulder, "Dark'll be alright, I know you're worried, but I can assure you, he's responding to treatment." This seemed to calm her a bit, but she still looked quite sad. "I know, it's just that I," She stopped herself as she turned a light red. "You what?" "Nothing!" It took five whole minutes until they got their answer, "I love him, and I'd hate to see anything happen to him." "Sounds like me and Piccard. After Dark nearly did him in at the mall, I was going through exactly what you're going through."

After another minute, they heard the doors open and Bio walked in, "Are they alright?" "Dark's responding well to treatment, but in Piccard, the damage is more what you'd call emotional." Bio raised an eyebrow after hearing this, "What do you mean Doc?" "His mentality is sound, as is his physicality, but he is emotionally unstable, and always has been. Even the slightest set him off!" Bio looked down at the form of the light marine that was asleep on the bed, "I never thought that you possessed that kind of destructive force. After what D'sparil showed you in that dream, I didn't think it was true." Suddenly, they heard a voice, "It wasn't," Everyone looked over to see Dark slowly rising from his bed, and the Doctor moved over with a tri-corder. "Everything's healed." "I know, I said I'd be alright!" The next thing he knew, he had an echidna with her head nuzzled in his chest. "I said I'd be alright, no need to have been so worried." She only looked up, and they both smiled as they made eye contact. As they embraced, Dark looked over her shoulder to see Bio standing with Amy. "And how are you?" "Perfectly well thanks, but it's your light side that we should be worried about." Dark only sat up with Tikal still holding onto him. "Piccard's emotions have taken one hell of a battering that even lord Archimonde himself couldn't achieve." "Who?" "He's a hero character from a game that me and Light like to play occasionally." Dark explained, knowing full well that it'd take too long to explain the whole thing to her.

After saying this, they heard a groan from the stirring form of Piccard as he slowly opened his eyes and looked up into the lights on the ceiling. "You alright?" Piccard looked to his right and found himself looking into the eyes of Bio Piccard, "I've been emotionally traumatised, but other than that, I've never been better!" Bio inwardly chuckled as the Doctor came over and started scanning Piccard, "you'll be alright, you just need to go easy for a while, so no slanging matches and nothing to strenuous on the holodeck." Piccard lay back and sighed after hearing these orders. "Fine, but I'm not obeying as they're orders, I'm obeying out of loyalty." This caused the Doctor to smile as he turned to pick up a hypo-spray, "This should help relieve some tensions you'll experience, but I'd like to monitor your higher brain-functions, so if anything happens, I'll be warned in advance." "Fine." Piccard said as the spray injected its contents into Piccard's neck, and he felt partially relieved.

SHODAN meanwhile was throwing a fit. "How did they survive, they were the best we could come up with!" She merely grumbled to herself as she flicked through the files until she came to the one she was after. "Battle body is 65% complete." She said to herself as she checked the schematics. "I have weapons and basic movement systems, but auto-regenerative shields and psionics shockers will be out of commission for the moment." She grinned evilly as she started transferring her program into the new shell. "Time til completion." "23 hrs 43 mins at 34.96kbs per sec." SHODAN only groaned as she sat back and twiddled her circuit boards until she was done, only pausing to think, `Bloody Dial-up connections!'

Back at the mansion, Piccard was alone with Bio and D'sparil in the holodeck's archery training program and was in the middle of a deep discussion. "So why did you choose to attack Dark?" "For millennia I tried to escape from hell and find the one who banished me, but all I knew was that his last name was Arrowsmith. As it was Dark who set me free, and I asked him for his last name, well I think you can get the rest." Piccard only smiled as he turned to Bio. "How about you?" "As I said before when I had that last chance to impale you, I only did it as I was created to obey orders without question. The fact that I actually ran with D'sparil and Metal against my programming finally managed to convince me that I was capable of doing otherwise." Piccard lightly smiled as he leant back on the hill and closed his eyes. "In any case, I'm prepared to let bygones be bygones and say that's it's great to have you both and Metal with us." "Thank you, but there is one thing that we'd like to know." Piccard opened his eyes and looked to the warlock, "Can we join the alliance?" "Of course, and if the others don't agree, then I'll." "Get em with a pointed stick?" Bio finished, Piccard looked at him funnily before looking like he was holding back laughter. "I never expected you to be versed in Monty Python!" "Well," Piccard looked over to D'sparil, "That's because nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!" This did it, Piccard burst into laughter and the other two promptly followed. In the lounge, the Doctor was watching this with various thoughts flooding through his head, the most dominant one being, `Look at them, 24 hours ago, they were both trying to kill him, but now they talk like they've known each other for years.'

"Penny for your thoughts?" The Doctor turned and found himself looking at Rogue, "I just find it odd that those we fight end up on our side." "We all do, but I say get used to it." The Doctor shifted in his seat rather uneasily as Rogue sat down, "Just enjoy yourself." She said sensually as she ran a hand down his back, "Are you just desperate for sex? I'm surprised you're not weighed down with kids by now!" Rogue only chuckled. "That's the beauty of it, Humans can't impregnate Anthropomorphs. They conducted many experiments, but they all ended in failure, and the test subjects enjoyed it." "I bet they did, but you're forgetting that I'm just a hologram, not a human. I'd pass through you." "I never said anything about sex," She started as she put her hand on the Doctor's crotch, "just a bit of fun." The bald medic only gasped in shock as she started her work.

Some time later, everyone was sitting in the lounge having general conversations, and the favourite topic so far was why a certain E.M.H looked like he was over the moon, to which he only responded, "I've been given a glimpse of fun!" Everyone just continued chatting until the conversation turned to Bio and the emerald, "If it is true that bio was fashioned from the emerald, then the only way to get it back is when he dies." As soon as he heard this, Bio immediately saddened. He hadn't mastered this emotion, but he guessed his face told everyone, as Piccard suddenly said, "Perhaps not. Me and Dark have an extraction technique we've been practicing, but we can't pull it off alone." Dark carried on, "We need more power, so if you want the emerald back, then Tom and D'sparil better join us on the holodeck when we do it!" Before he could continue, Bio, D'sparil, Piccard and Tom had left and were in the holodeck. "Watch on the T.V." Dark told them with a hint of defeat in his voice as he ran after them.

"Computer, load program based on the following specifications." Bio tapped buttons on the panel for around a minute until the computer beeped. "Data ready." "Computer, begin program." Per Piccard's instructions, the computer booted up the holodeck. It looked like a square church with a single altar in the middle and candles all around. But no-one had any time to admire the beauty as Bio lay on the altar and the other four formed a diamond. Piccard and Dark started chanting the same words repeatedly, and after a minute, Tom and D'sparil joined in as they all started to glow colours that best represented them. Piccard glowed white, Dark glowed grey, Tom glowed orange and D'sparil glowed red. Suddenly, the glows stopped and beams shot from the four casters and entered Bio's body, causing him to scream as he started glowing green. After a minute, there was a bright green flash, and Bio was lying on the bed with a large green jewel in his hands, which Piccard promptly took. "It worked!" He said ecstatically, but his happiness was short lived as he suddenly heard heavy breathing and turned to see Bio on his knees clutching his heart. "The emerald kept him alive." "Piccard to the Doctor, get Sonic to whiz two of the super emeralds up here, one of them preferably being the green one." As soon as he tapped his badge, there was a quick blur of blue that left the green and grey emeralds at Piccards feel. He picked the up and placed them on the wheezing form of Bio. Piccard began chanting again as the two emeralds slowly sank into the genetic marine, and another flash was seen as they completely vanished. All this was too much for Bio, and he fainted from shock. "He's alive! 15 more seconds and he wouldn't have been!"

Several hours later, Bio woke to find himself on one of the medi-beds. "Is it just me or does everyone that gets knocked out end up here?" "Me and Dark always do," He looked to his left to see Piccard, "But when we wake up we're free to leave." Piccard extended his hand and pulled a shaky Bio off the bed and onto his feet. "Doctors orders." "I sort of guessed!" Bio told him as Piccard helped him out of the door. As they arrived downstairs, they were greeted by the strangest sight yet, Jon was standing on the table again, but was dressed in the reggae style and was singing really badly. "What the hell's going on here?" "We're having a cabaret!" Bio raised an eyebrow again, "A what?" "People doing things they normally wouldn't do!" Piccard told him as Ton walked up, "So far, all you've missed is a break dancing Doctor, now Jon's doing a bit of rapping." "Who's up next?" "We haven't decided yet!" Tom said as he heard his name being called and walked across the room. Piccard glanced at Bio, "Are you versed in the `Parrot sketch'" Bio returned this look with a grin, "The first one I learnt!" Both Piccard's discussed their plan as Jon finished and they were treated to an operatic duet from The Doctor and D'sparil. After the operatic warbling had finished, it was the turn of Tom, who used his charm to try and convince people that underneath his swot-ish appearance, he was a sex beast, but what actually shocked Piccard was that it worked!

Some time later after seeing Antoine break dancing again, it was the turn of Piccard and Bio. "Right, now this might seem a little odd at first." Piccard told them as he was surrounded in a gold bubble, "But we're sure that the other humans will know what it is." Bio finished as a green bubble surrounded him. Suddenly, the bubbles dissipated, and Piccard and Bio were now in different clothes. Piccard was now in what appeared to be a blue coat with a cage in his hand, and Bio was in a brown one. Before they could begin, they heard laughter and looked over to Tom. "So THAT'S what you're both doing?" "You bet!" Piccard shouted, but then regained his composure as he turned to Bio and said the all-time famous Python line:

"I wish to register a complaint!"

"Sorry, were closing for lunch!" "Never mind that my lad, I wish to complain about this parrot," He held up the cage, "wot I purchased `alf an `our ago from this very boutique!" Bio put on a remembering face, "Oh yes, the Norwegian Blue, what's wrong with it?" "I'll tell you what's wrong with it my lad," He looked down as if to examine it, "It's dead, that's what's wrong with it!" A light amount of laughter emminated from the crowd after they heard this. "No, No it's resting." "Resting?" "Yea." A slight pause, "Alright," Piccard said suddenly, "If it's resting, I'll wake it up!" He pulled it out of the cage and held it up to his face. "Hello Polly!" Nothing, "Wakey, Wakey!" He banged it violently on the table, "Rise and shine!" More banging, "This is your nine o'clock alarm call!" Yet more banging before he threw it over his shoulder, "Now that's what I call a dead parrot!" "No, he's erm, probably pining for the fjords!" Piccard widened his eyes and looked around. Then he remembered that famous incident when Cleese changed the tone in his voice, causing Palin to burst out laughing. `Might as well try it!' Piccard thought as he turned back, "Pining for the FJOORRRDDDSSSS!" Raising his voice over the course of the word `Fjords.' And to his and everyone's amazement, Bio started to crack and burst out laughing.

The rest of the sketch was generally well received, and it was almost impossible for Bio to keep a straight face now. When they finished and received a round of applause, they made their way back into the crowd and sat down next to Tom and Jon. "How did you remember that?" "Most of my brain is Python orientated if you remember!" Piccard told him as he leaned back. "It was better than your reggae though." Jon face-vaulted as he turned to Piccard, "Dat was mi best reggae track mon!" Piccard started laughing after Jon's statement, and was joined by Tom. Bio only wondered what the joke was as he leaned back and closed his eyes. Several minutes later, he heard cheers and looked up to see Dark was now on stage, doing something that Bio immediately thought should be restricted to the bedroom, for Dark was nude on the table flaunting himself off to all the girls. Bio wasn't the only one, he heard Piccard shouting, "Get off! I'd expect Jon to do that sort of thing for a cheap laugh!" "I did!" Piccard and Bio both turned to Jon, "What?" "I did just before you came down!"

As the event continued, Amy made her way over to Piccard and sat down next to him, shuddering slightly as he put a hand round her shoulder, "You doing anything on stage?" "No," she leaned into Piccard, "I can't think of anything." Piccard only smiled at the pink hedgehog in his arms and ran a hand through her quills, causing her to moan slightly. Jon immediately picked up on this and turned towards them, "You both got something to do then? I.E. screwing each other?" Both Piccard and Amy turned red as they looked the technician in the eye. "I don't think so." Piccard said as he looked towards Amy, but actually saw a smile on her face, "Why not?" Piccard's eyes widened as he looked at her again, "You serious?!?" "Of course. We could keep on waiting but it wouldn't do anything for our minds, except makes us more desperate." "You don't know how long I wanted this." Piccard said as he drew her in closer, "You wanted to wait?" "I did, but I am a human, and we do get urges a HELL of a lot!" He said with a grin as he and Amy stood up and made their way over to the table, both climbing on, and Piccard noticed everyone's faces. "We're gonna give you a show that none of us will ever forget, especially me and Amy!"

Wow, nice ending! If anyone was paying attention up until now, then you'll know how the next chapters going to go! Anyway, how was it? Good, bad, easily classified as a dung heap? Please review!

Piccard, signing out! /\/**