Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 35: A morning after and coping with being on T.V.! ( Chapter 36 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap. 35 - A morning after and coping with being on T.V.!

By: Piccard

I'm still knackered from the last chapter! Anyway, here comes number 35, and after the last one, I don't know how I'll think of different inspiration.

---------------------------- /\/**

Disclaimer: Read my type font! I have mentioned this before, and won't repeat myself! Go to an earlier chapter!

You are the darkness? I thought that was Dark!

---------------------------- /\/**

As the clock struck eleven, nothing interesting was happening anymore, Bio had fallen asleep on the holodeck with the Doctor reliving old times. Jon was on his own in the front room watching his videos, Tom was spending the night with Rogue, Dark had invited Tikal to spend the night in his room and everyone else just doing what they usually do, (Probably screwing! Me - Jon! Jon - What? I can dream can't I?) Other than that, the night was uneventful for the alliance. Except for one moment when Mina and R-396 decided to play an unfair joke and dragged the sleeping forms of Anaetheron and Cybos towards each other and wrapped their arms around each other, knowing full well not to be around when they wake up!

The next morning, Piccard was awakened by a familiar smell, and opened to see that he and Amy were the same as when they had gone to bed, and were being watched by a certain technician, who was holding something in his hand. "Jon, are you alright?" "What do you mean?" Piccard glanced at the clock and raised an eyebrow, "It's nine o'clock in the morning and you're moving about! Is the T.V. on fire?" Jon laughed at Piccard's statement as he bought his hand forward, "Thought you might need something to wake you up!" Piccard took the cup and inhaled deeply, Earl grey. "That's what woke me!" "Mm hmm, I held it in front of your nose for around five seconds before you started to stir." Jon said before looking down and seeing how they had been sleeping, as he looked up, Piccard could see a red blush and clear drool on his face, "So that's why you teleported you both out last night." "Of course not!" "Sure," Jon pulled something from behind his back, "Thought you might need these." He said as he dropped Piccard's uniform and Amy's dress at the foot of the bed. "And your boxers." He said as the light blue ones ended up on top of the pile. As he started to walk out, Piccard raised an eyebrow, "What about Amy's underwear?" He just turned and waggled his eyebrows before leaving. `Hentai!' ran repeatedly through Piccard's head as he took a sip from the cup before putting it to the side and getting closer to Amy.

As Jon walked back downstairs, he saw a pair of girls on his sofa sniggering at something. "If you're laughing at my video techniques." He began, but was silenced by a wave of the hand. "We're just recounting what we did to Anaetheron and Cybos." Jon raised an eyebrow as Mina and R-396 explained to him what they did in their room, and how they got out before the two woke up. When they were done, Jon started to snigger himself. "I must admit, I tried something similar with me and Rogue." "What happened?" "I had a frying pan shaped dent in my head for several hours!" Jon turned to the screen and found that it was the video that Jon did of Piccard's 18th, and that they were at the truth or dare game. "Any that you like?" "The look on your face when Rogue shoved her chest into your face." Jon turned a bright red and his trousers bulged as he recalled the memory and how his head and body felt as she did it. "That was something I'll never forget!" He commented as he turned back to the screen.

After several minutes, there was a dual roar from upstairs, accompanied by two different voices going "Shut it!" and "We're trying to sleep." Stamping sounds could then be heard as the door to the lounge slammed open and two very angry demons stood on the other side. Both girls turned to see them, and burst out laughing at what they saw. "What?" Anaetheron shouted as he only just managed to hold his trousers up, which now bore many ripped holes. "Did you two do this?" Both girls just nodded, as they couldn't stop laughing. "A word of advice then," Anaetheron started, partially calming down, "If you happen to be holding Cybos when he's having a sex dream, you better be ready!" He finished as he gestured to his trousers and a blushing cyberdemon. "I didn't know, I thought you were R-396!" He tried to protest, but Anaetheron turned, and Cybos saw the smile and knew exactly what was coming. "That's perfectly alright, big boy!" He said as seductively as he could, getting as close to the cyberdemon as possible, who in turn was trying to get as far away from him as possible. Of course, both knew that they were being laughed at by the girls and Jon, but they put that aside as Anaetheron began his humiliation.

Upstairs, Piccard felt stirring from Amy as he finished his tea, putting it on his dresser as she opened her eyes and looked into Piccard's, both smiling as this happened. "Sleep well last night?" "Of course," She started as she nuzzled her head into his chest, "I felt full last night." "Wonder why?" Piccard said in mock incompetence as he thrust forward, startling Amy some. Mainly as to how sudden it was, but also at the fact that she thought he removed it. "Forgot that was there." She said as the initial shock dispersed, but then she noticed Piccard smiling, "Well it was your idea." "Yea, but I thought you'd, you know, soften up." This caused him to snigger, "No chance." He told her as he pulled out of her and sat up, which she promptly did as well. Then Piccard noticed that she was looking at the pile of clothes at the end of the bed, "Did you get them?" "No, Jon bought them up just." He noticed the look on her face, and finished with, "He didn't look at anything." Which he knew was a blatant lie, but she bought it for now. He stood up and moved to the pile, pulling out his own uniform and wiping his com badge clean before laying it on Amy's unoccupied bed on the other side of the room. As he turned, he noticed Amy looking at him with her dress in her hands, "Where's my underwear?" "Like I said, Jon bought them." She fumed, as she went into the bathroom area, with Piccard in tow after her, making sure to lock the door as he went in.

Around half an hour later, in the holodeck, Bio was starting to stir, and as he sat up, he noticed that he was in the sick bay of voyager. "That's right, I'm still in the holodeck." He muttered to himself as he sat on the side of the bed and heard the doors open, and the Doctor came through with someone. "Ah Bio, here's someone I thought you might like to meet." The lieutenant bought his hand forward. "I'm Tom Paris and I like things fast." "I'm Bio Piccard and I once liked universal annihilation." Bio said as he shook his hand. "Why am I here?" "Seven found you asleep on her workstation in Astrometrics, it took us this long to find where she transported you to." The Doctor told him as Bio only smirked (as always) at a remark Tom made. "Bio," He turned to the doctor, "Isn't it time we got back to the mansion?" "I suppose." "Whats this?" They turned to see a certain lieutenant interested. "A new novel of yours doc?" "You could say that, now run along." He only smiled as he left sickbay and the Doctor spoke to the computer. "End program." The bay disappeared as the Doctor and Bio made their way out, only pausing when Bio piped up, "Do they know that they're just holograms?" "No," The Doctor said as they walked, "I don't know how they'd take it."

Downstairs, D'sparil was with Julian, who was just proud to see Metal back in one piece. "All this data, this is incredible." "I know," D'sparil told him as he leaned back, "SHODAN never likes to leave things to chance unless she's sure." Julian merely shook his head as he looked at the portable monitor he had, which depicted all of Metals internal circuitry. "D'sparil!" He turned as he heard his name and saw Bio and the Doctor approaching. "Anything fun?" Watching creator with child, so to speak." D'sparil said as he gestured to Julian, who was hugging a very reluctant Metal. Bio had to stifle a giggle as the Doctor raised his holographic eyebrows. Just then they heard a tremendous amount from upstairs, "That's just great!" The Doctor said as he went to the foot of the stairs and shouted, "KEEP THE NOISE DOWN!" before returning slightly red faced. "It's not enough that they did it on the table." "Hey." He turned to see Piccard and Amy coming out of the kitchen. "What have we done now?" they noticed that the Doctor was now red faced, "Well if you're both down here, then who's making the racket?" He said as he heard grunting at the door, and turned to be greeted by a very angry looking hell knight. "What do you mean `keep it down'?" "So it was you, what were you doing?" This caused Anaetheron to go red, "I was showing Mina the true power of the Hell Knight." "No you weren't," They all turned to see Dark and Tikal walking in, "You were shagging her! Next time, make sure that you shut the door." He said with a smirk as everyone except Anaetheron burst into laughter, "If you'll excuse me, we haven't finished." Anaetheron muttered in defeat as he trekked back upstairs, and everyone heard a door slam, and a raised voice shouting "There, you happy down there?" The front room was in a world of laughter as Piccard and Amy sat down on the sofa. They started talking, generally about last night, and after several minutes, Dark came and sat next to Piccard with something in his hands. "Whats that?" "Don't know, arrived this morning in the mail, addressed to us both. Thought I'd wait until you woke up before I read it." Piccard smiled as he grabbed the letter and perused the contents, reading allowed.

"Mr. Light and Dark Arrowsmiths, you have both been invited to join us on the news at one this afternoon, we weren't sure how many others you'd like to bring, but we could only make room for four more, preferably members of your `alliance'. Please could the six of you be here for 11:30 due to make-up and prompts, from the ANC (Anthro News Channel.)"

He added at the end to what was a confused Dark, but now looked interested, "So the big question now is who to take." "What about all the members of the alliance?" Piccard made a buzzer sound. "No good, there's nine others. Tom, Jon, Anaetheron, Cybos, R-396, The Doctor, Bio, D'sparil and Metal." Dark looked down in concentration for a moment before having a brainwave. "Doc, come here." He called across the room as the hologram bounded over, "How'd you like to appear on T.V.?" He didn't need to ask twice, as the hologram immediately started shaking his hand and saying "thank you" again and again. "Who else?" "Who better? Tom and Jon!" "Tom and Jon what?" They both looked up to see Tom and Jon in the doorway, Tom holding his glasses in his hand, "Tom and Jon appearing on T.V. with us for the afternoon news. That's what!" The admiral and technician both happily looked over, and then down at their uniforms. "What to wear?" "Might as well wear that, me and the Doctor are wearing our uniforms, and Dark is staying in his armour, as usual." Piccard missed the death glare that Dark was giving him as he started thinking about whom else to take. It took him nearly five minutes before he came to a decision. "Bio!" "You called?" "How'd you fancy appearing on the T.V. with us?" Bio smirked as he replied, "Course, anything to help. What is it?" "Afternoon news, but what we'll be asked I have no idea." Piccard said as he stood up and walked over to an empty space on the floor and drew his staff, as he swung it, his outfit changed to the same white bodysuit he wore at his 18th. "I thought you said you'd stay in uniform." "I changed my mind Bio." Piccard said as he swung his staff and the six of them disappeared, but not without Piccard saying, "Sorry I can't take you Amy, but It did say `Alliance', next time, I'll see if I can work something out before hand." She only nodded as the group disappeared and another couple walked in. "Vat eez `appening?" "You won't believe this."

The group rematerialised in front of a really large building, grey in colour with glass windows nearly covering the entire front. After a minute, they snapped to their senses as Piccard checked his watch, 11:15. "Better to be slightly early." He said out loud as they made their way to the reception area, where a male badger greeted them immediately. "Are you the alliance?" Piccard was tempted to say, `No we're bowls of soup!' but instead he said, "We are." He led he badger around as he introduced everyone. "This is Dark Piccard, Bio Piccard, The Doctor," He tried to shake hands, but was shocked when it passed straight through. "I am a hologram." He was told as Piccard held in a laugh and continued. "This is Station Admiral Thomas Brown and this is Weapons technician Jonathan Andrews, and I am Marine Commander Piccard Arrowsmith." "Well say no more." The badger said in a gruff voice. "Come with me, we need to get you fixed up." He said as he guided them out of reception and towards the studio.

For the next hour and a half, all of them, except the Doctor, had to endure the boring procedure of make up. After this, they went up to the main room and were greeted by the same badger from before. "Nice to see you again," He said as he shook Piccard's hand. "I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Michael Beurke, and I'm reading the news." They both looked to the clock, 12:58. "No time for pleasantries now, we're on in two minutes." Michael said as he got behind his desk and started sifting through papers. "Okay, the six of you get to sit on that sofa." They looked over and their eyes nearly bulged, it was the largest they'd seen, and if they lay too far back they'd risk falling down. "Looks comfy." Jon speculated as they sat down, and he was proved right. (To sort them out for you, the order from left to right is: Light Piccard, Dark Piccard, Bio Piccard, Tom, Jon, and The Doctor. Does that sort it?)

As they finished exploring the comfort, they heard some beeping and a female voice saying "Action." As Michael turned to the camera and started talking about the various headlines that were important on a Saturday like this. After twenty minutes, they heard him say, "Now I suppose you're all wondering why this edition is marked as a special. Well the reason is that with this war going on at the moment between the Piccard's and whoever they're against, we managed to get them to join us in the studio." He turned to face them, and the camera followed to get them all in focus. Joining us are: Piccard Arrowsmith (He only saluted the camera, Captain Falcon style), Dark Piccard (Who only nodded), Bio Piccard (Greeted with a "Hello."), Thomas Brown (He waved to the camera.) Jonathan Andrews (He greeted the camera with a roar), anyway, and the Doctor (Kept his hands at his side and nodded.) "Now Piccard, lets get the most practical question out of the way, who are you against?" Michael asked as Piccard sat bolt upright. "Her name's SHODAN, and she's an artificial intelligence."(Caption on the screen: Light Piccard, the magical one)"What can she do?" "I don't know her full extent of power. All I know is that she can revive herself. She was destroyed once before, at the hands of my grandfather, but she just came back and chose to attack me."

Michael smirked slightly as he moved along. "Dark, you once worked for SHODAN as this security video from Station Square mall shows." There for all to see was the video of Piccard and Darks fight inside the mall (see chapter 7) "Now I have to ask you, you're one of Piccard's most trusted friends, why fight him." Dark only feigned a smile, as he looked around halfway between Michael and the camera. "We're more than friends, we're the same person! He used an extraction technique a while back," (Caption: Dark Piccard, once evil) "and created me. Now, as I was all negative energy at the time, I thought Piccard was my rival, so I allied with SHODAN to try and bring him down, but over time, I just kind of grew too loyal to kill him." "So why join him at all?" "You see, after that incident at the mall, a warrant was issued for my arrest for not following orders, but that'd take to long to explain."

"Quite, now Bio, I know for a fact that you impaled Piccard several times because I was one of the bystanders. Why are you with him?" Bio only smirked as he replied. "After our last match when I was supposed to issue the killing blow, my mind was changed at the last minute by a young girl who's very close to Piccard," He glanced over to see Piccard blushing slightly, and the camera caught it to, "After this, I got back and SHODAN was mad, big time." (Caption: Bio Piccard, the once evil one's replacement) "I was tortured for hours inside a lightning dome that," "The lightning dome?!?" "Yea Dark, why?" "I designed that! Now I know why you ran, that was designed to kill, not torture!" Bio now bore a look of relief as he finished, "The fact is that after D'sparil and Metal Sonic smashed me out of there, SHODAN issued our arrests as well, and the rest is self explanatory."

"Of course," Michael said as he moved along, "Thomas Brown, I was informed of your rank of Station Admiral and I want to know what the deal is with the station talk." Tom paused as he looked up to the roof and started talking. "The station we speak of was the USS Poledes in high orbit. We have no idea how we got there." (Caption: Station Admiral Thomas Brown, The order obsessed one) "We tried many tests, but never found out, but SHODAN managed to track us, and sent assault after assault until the station fell, and the only survivors were Piccard and the Doctor." Michael opened his mouth to continue, but Tom beat him to it. "Before you ask how, me and Jon are spirits, revived by Piccard after SHODAN recruited allies from all through the Arrowsmith timeline. This war means a lot to Piccard, and after SHODAN has finally been defeated, perhaps he might settle down that little bit more."

Michael chose to move on as he noticed Tom getting the death glare from Piccard and arrived at Jon. "Now I am informed that you're what people like to call `the mad part of the team', is that true?" Jon laughed, "If you asked that two weeks ago, then I'd say yes, but now." (Caption: Weapons Technician Jonathan Andrews, The mad, psychotic one) "Why two weeks ago?" "Well, SHODAN likes to issue trials for the alliance. I had one by accident with Anaetheron, the Hell Knight who joined us in the alliance, where he had to defeat a pair of Barons, but I got a hefty slash right to the side of the head," He said as he turned slightly so that the scars were evident through the hair that grew back, "The sight of my own blood made me realise that being absolutely psycho in real fights is a definite no-no." Michael chuckled as Jon finished with, "Besides, being hyper has its advantages, people learn to stay back."

Now, Michael turned to the Doctor, "You say that you're called the Doctor, care to elaborate why?" "Of course, you see, I'm just a hologram, I wasn't given a name when I was first activated." (Caption: The Doctor, the health obsessed one) "When was that?" "Around 780 years ago. Not bad for a mark one is it?" This caused Michael to stare at him in shock. "I'm not the oldest one here though, that title goes to Piccard!" "Quite, so, as a Doctor, what medical abilities do you have?" "I was originally programmed with the knowledge of 47 of the best human doctors and versed in over 200 different races, but I'm not just restricted to medicine, watch." He began pressing buttons on his emitter and his trim changed to the same shade of red as Tom's.

"Before you ask, this device is my mobile emitter, it allows me to move without using holo-emitters on the walls. And the change in the uniform trim means that I'm not the E.M.H, erm, emergency medical hologram anymore, but the E.C.H, erm, emergency command hologram." "Fine," Michael said, "I'm afraid we'll have to stop you there as its time for a break, join me and them in about five minutes." Michael said as some music played and he started talking to the alliance.

It really is time for a break now, my wrists are knackered, and the number of times I needed the spellchecker is unbelievable. Anyway, how was it? Good, Bad, enjoyable as opera from the Doctor? Please review (Whats wrong with opera? Me - I'd give you a list Doc, but when I'd finish, you'd be doing my post mortem!)

Piccard, going for a rest! /\/**