Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 36: Still on the T.V., a siege of the newsroom and a late log! ( Chapter 37 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap. 36 - Still on the T.V., a siege of the newsroom and a late log!

By: Piccard

-Once again dancing, but no doctor this time- Another reviewer? Obviously in season! Anyway, Magnus, in answer to your question, I did NOT create SHODAN, I nicked her from the games called `System shock' and `System shock 2'. When you first meet her, she's a friend, but you have to kill her to win the game. (On number 2 anyway.) I got all my info of her from number 2, and it's also where I got many of the weapons (inc. E.M.P rifle and crystal shard) and also Dark's psionics, (Inc. Pyrokenesis and Restructure) BTW, in case you were wondering how she got her name, SHODAN is short for Sentient Hyper Operative Data Access Network. (So if one is ever created, WORRY!!! Reason? Because she is as evil and twisted as I make her out to be!)

---------------------------- /\/**

Disclaimer: Do I have to repeat myself? Go back if you want this!

You will do your duty? Then get out of here and do it!

---------------------------- /\/**

"Before you ask, this device is my mobile emitter, it allows me to move without using holo-emitters on the walls. And the change in the uniform trim means that I'm not the E.M.H, erm, emergency medical hologram anymore, but the E.C.H, erm, emergency command hologram." "Fine," Michael said, "I'm afraid we'll have to stop you there as its time for a break, join me and them in about five minutes." Michael said as some music played and he started talking to the alliance.

"Good so far people!" Michael said as a female fox removed his papers and a new pile put down. "Now, we've been advertising this show all week." He started as he drifted over to the new pile and looked at the sheet on top. "Just as I thought, people have written and rung in with their own questions." Several of the group, (Namely the Piccards) seemed in shock with the words `why us!' repeating in their heads as the other three looked on excitedly.

Back at the mansion, everyone else was calmly waiting for the news to resume, (how weird!) "Wonder is they'll mention any of us?" Xerxes pondered out loud, but was interrupted by Elias, "They already mentioned Anaetheron, and Bio dropped hints on Amy." He commented as said hedgehog's face seemed to glow red. "Perhaps he will, perhaps he won't." Before anyone else could say anything, the screen glowed grey, and a certain face appeared. "Greetings irritants!" "What do YOU want?" Xerxes asked her, with a good amount of hostility in his voice, "Nothing of your concern traitor, now where are the Piccards? Oh yes, at a news building, I have planned a little surprise for them!" Malicious laughter filled the air as the com link went bank, and people suddenly saw the look on Xerxes's face. "She normally tells someone to disconnect the link, but that time, oh no!" As he explained what was wrong, the news came back on the screen.

"Welcome back to the news, hosted by me, Michael Beurke." Michael announced as he was now back at his desk with the alliance still on the couch, but Piccard had a drink in his hand. "And still with me in the studio, we have the alliance." Various greetings went up as the camera came back to them. "Piccard, what are you drinking?" "The same as he always drinks." Dark told Michael, "All he drinks all day is Earl Grey tea!" "Hey! Nothing wrong with it!" Dark merely shook his head as Michael addressed him, "What about you?" "I'm more of a `Darjeeling tea' man myself!" Dark said with a simple nod of the head, causing Michael to sigh slightly as he turned back to the camera. "Now all week you've been ringing us and writing us with questions that you wish to be put to their expert minds." He heard a cough from Tom as he pointed to Jon and mouthed the word `Expert?' causing Michael to chuckle slightly as he continued, "Here we have every letter and call sent to us, and we'll randomly pick them to be answered. But if your's isn't asked this time, don't panic, we'll have more chances in future when they, and possibly the other members, join us again." Michael announced as he pulled a letter from the top of the pile and started reading.

"This is from a miss Sara Green, a young fox at the age of six, and she says: Hi Piccard! I can't believe this will get to you in person," Michael rolled his eyes as he continued, "Anyway, how old are you, where did you learn to fight and how did you learn magic?" Piccard shifted slightly in his seat, putting the cup to one side as he answered. "Interesting. For my age, as the Doctor mentioned, I am the oldest here, but just chronologically (Date-wise) You see, mentally and physically, I am 18 years old, but I was born 818 years ago. Sounds unlikely, but I spent 800 years in stasis, a chilling experience." He chuckled slightly at his own joke, and the camera didn't catch Jon doing the `wanker' gesture. "For my ability to fight, I spent several years studying various forms of combat for close quarters, and I like to think I'm quite good, even though I'm not." This got a light laugh. "For my other weapons, I received training when I got my rank of Marine Commander. I have experience in various forms of ranged weapons, and am a dab hand with a sword or staff." He shifted as he pulled onto his next subject, "As for my magic, it's a recessive gene in the Arrowsmith DNA, and normally only one male in every 20 of us have magic. So Sara, I didn't learn magic, I was born with it, but over time I did train my abilities so that I can create pretty much anything, be it an attack or just something to move things around."

"Hope that answers your question Sara." Michael said as he plunged his other hand into the pile and drew another whilst putting the original onto a different pile. "Here's one," Michael started as he pulled another one out, "From a Bruce Smith, a teenage horse at the age of 14, and he asks a question for both Tom and Jon: Better keep this short and sweet, how do you both feel that the Piccard's know magic and you don't?" Jon sat upright and Tom only chuckled, "That's not true." Before anyone could do anything, the admiral was encompassed in a white glow that promptly vanished and left Tom with several knives in his hand. "I know some magic, but nowhere near as much as Piccard. I'm versed in various forms of spirit magic, and can create things such as these spirit knives." He said as the blades in his hand vanished, leaving a shocked Michael at the desk. "Okay, what about you Jon?" "Sometimes, I do wish that I had at least one form of magic to fall back on," He told them as he lay back, "But I make up for that by adapting weapons to a function similar to magic." Michael smiled slightly as he turned back to the camera, "There we go Bruce, hope that answers your question."

For the next half an hour, the questions came directed at either various pairs or the whole group, as well as individual questions, with even Bio getting a few. Then came the question that stopped them all. "Here's one from a Samantha Wildman (Know where I nicked her from?), a human at the age of 17, and it reads: Hi all, I love you all," Another eye roll from the badger, "What I and lots of other people want to know is do you have girlfriends?" As Michael looked up, he saw Piccard smirking. "I knew that that one would be there somewhere." He said as he leaned forward, "Well Sam, lets just say that only two people on this couch are still single, and they are Bio Piccard and the Doctor." Both of them waved lightly to the camera as Piccard continued, "The rest of us are romantically involved with someone, if you know what we mean." This got a round of blushing in the studio and at the mansion as Michael started talking, "So the rest of you are involved?" "Yup!" came the four voices. "So what are they like?" Piccard spoke first, "Well, mines very nice, she's also fun to be with and can easily have a laugh." Michael smirked as he turned to Dark, "How about you?" "Well, mines very quiet, but she can be outgoing when she wants to be, and she has a devious mind." This got a light laugh as Michael turned to Tom and Jon, "Now I heard that you both have the same girl, care to describe her?" "I will." Tom said, noticing Jon's eagerness but was afraid he'd say the wrong thing. "Well she can be nice and kind, but she has been known to be violent and extremely agitated, or at least in Jon's case, and that's all I'll say."

"Anyway, the next question," Michael said, getting bored with pulling random ones and just taking them from the top of the pile. "Is from a SHOna Damian ANdrews, no age or species supplied, and she asks: How do you conduct yourself during invasions?" "Well that's a tricky one." Piccard said as he shifted, "Well you see," But he was interrupted by a certain voice, "You're about to get a live demonstration!" Before anyone could say anything, a large green effluence appeared in the centre of the room, and several Sabreclaw shot out. "Defend yourselves!" Piccard shouted as he got into a fighting stance and engaged a Sabreclaw head on, whilst everyone else just held back and punched whenever one came near. They all knew the amount of cheering that was going on across the network from their many fans as Piccard and Dark starting attacking as a team, Bio morphed his hand to the emerald blade, Tom started casting, and Jon and the Doc double teamed anyone who got close.

As the Sabreclaw fell, there was another roar, and a group of revenants ran forward. Piccard started chanting and his sword materialised in his hand with a flash of blue. "Lets go!" Dark shouted as they all got stuck in, and after several minutes, there were piles of bones at their feet, but more came. "We'll have to triple team!" Piccard shouted to Dark and Bio, who only nodded and moved to other side of Piccard, whose eyes were glowing a bright yellow. "Psionics merge!" He yelled as Dark and Bios eyes turned the same shade of yellow. From where he was hiding, Michael crept forward and ran towards where Jon was, "What are they doing?" "Something I thought wasn't possible! Their spirits have all conjoined and Piccard has joint control for now, but it'll get tiring quickly!" Michael merely watched on as the three marines were on a slashing spree, pretty much moving as one. Their sword swipes were all the same, as were their defences and spells cast, and pretty soon, the revenants were destroyed.

The link ended as the three Piccards all collapsed onto the sofa, taking deep breaths, but they weren't about to sleep while the gateway was still active. As Bio stood up and readied a dispersion charge, a ball of energy shot from the vortex and sent him back onto the sofa with a slight yell. The others saw this and looked towards the gate, seeing a female figure run through. They immediately noticed an air of evil that surrounded it as it manically laughed and sent another ball flying. "Is that SHODAN?!?" "No Tom," Dark started, "It's one of SHODAN's shadow avatars, well versed in psionic abilities and speed, I'm afraid my powers won't be much good here." He was silenced here be an energy ball that knocked him unconscious. Piccard watched this and sprang up, now brandishing his staff as he twirled it to counter an energy ball that flew his way, causing the avatar to stall slightly as Piccard started charging energy in his hand, yelling "Pyro siege!" as it made contact with the avatar, but it didn't even scathe it. "What the?" Piccard started, but was cut off as he had to bring his staff up to block again. "Little help would be good!" Piccard shouted as he felt his sword being taken from his back and saw the Doctor run past and attempt a slash, but it was easily countered and the avatar now turned her attention to the E.M.H, firing round after round, but they all shot through him, leaving her in shock. "Counter this!" He shouted as he lunged forward, with the sword in front in the vain attempt of slicing her, but to no avail.

As the Doctor continued to fight, Piccard retreated to where Tom was hiding. "Not gonna join us Admiral?" "No thanks Commander, I'd rather not die until were off the air!" Tom told him as Piccard reached to his badge, "I hope she still has it!" He tapped it, "Piccard to Amy." There was a short delay until he heard her voice, "Can we help with the attack?" "Of course, prepare the alliance for transport." Piccard said as he closed the link and summoned his bow and quiver, as he took aim the arrow glowed a bright gold, "Light Arrow!" Piccard yelled as he fired and hit the avatar square in the chest, but he was shocked as when the light vanished, she had only taken minimal damage and the Doctor's program was running out of energy. Piccard knew he had no choice, he drew his staff and several blue effluences appeared around the room, leaving the avatar in shock as the Doctor escaped and she was hit head on with an energy bolt and a rocket. "Guys!" "The timing couldn't have been better!" Anaetheron said as he fired another bolt at the weakening avatar." "Better take her down now!" Cybos and R-396 yelled as Rockets and Shurikans flew across the room." You never know weak they really are until you outnumber them 14 to 1!" D'sparil said as he and Metal charged forward with staff and quills flying every which way.

After several minutes, the avatar knew that she had been beaten. Trying to get back to the gateway, she dropped an implosion charge that left almost everyone stunned, with the exception of the Doctor, who had to watch her run through, laughing manically to herself as the gateway closed. He simply reached to his belt and pulled out a medi-kit, (How he keeps them down there is beyond me.) and drew a hypo-spray, injecting those who he knew were to weak to get up whilst the others pulled themselves to their feet and sat down next to the couch. Michael checked the wall clock, 2:30. "Well that's pretty much all we have time for, join us again next week when we will hopefully have some of these guys back, what do you say, will you join us next week?" Piccard looked up, "I think the ones who weren't here today will be joining you next week, so expect to see Anaetheron, Cybos, R-396, D'sparil, Metal Sonic and anyone else I can get to come, so have the make up room prepped for more!" Michael smiled as he turned to the camera, "Well that was the afternoon news, I was your host, Michael Beurke, wishing you a good afternoon, and we'll see you again at around 6:30 for the evening news, until then goodbye." He said as the cameras cut and he stood up, shaking hands with everyone in turn, but remembering that he couldn't with the Doctor. "It was good having you on." "It was good to be on." Piccard told him as he drew his staff, "How are you leaving?" "By teleport!" Piccard told him as the group disappeared in a blue flash, leaving a shocked badger to deal with his papers.

Upon their arrival back to the mansion, cheers for their battle greeted them and Dark was revived by a well-aimed kiss from Tikal. Piccard smiled at this as he felt Amy's arms around his waist and swung her around. "I must thank you for keeping the badge, if you hadn't we'd have been overwhelmed." "And I must thank you for staying alive." She told him as lips met. As they pulled apart, they heard a clicking and saw Sonic pulling a tape from the machine. "Thought we'd tape it to show you how you all got on." "Now that's intuition!" Piccard said as he and Amy resumed what they were doing before, this time going to their room. As they got there, Piccard reached up to the shelf and pulled down a pad, "Here comes number six." He told her as he started dictating.

/\/** Personal log - I.D. 01952

Author: Marine Commander Piccard Arrowsmith

Subject: A varied time.

-------------------------

Well it has been a very varied time since my last log with many different event happening, and I'll try and note them in order.

Firstly, What I deemed as unthinkable has happened, Bio, Metal and D'sparil have joined us! They all bring their own skills, and using my powers I have managed to split the master emerald from him with the help of Tom, Dark and D'sparil. But I didn't know that he needed it to keep alive, so we reached a compromise, and now he holds two of the seven super emeralds.

We also had a cabaret. Some highlights include Jon doing Reggae, Doc and D'sparil doing opera, Me and Bio doing the parrot sketch and something we'll never forget, me and Amy doing it on Sonic's table! But that's a conversation for a different time.

Anyway, the alliance just came back from being on the news, but we had an unexpected run in with one of, as Dark calls them, SHODAN's shadow avatars. Very powerful, and very quick, I had to teleport in the whole alliance just to make her retreat.

Anyway, I know that this is a short log, but other than this, nothing else has happened. Hopefully I'll have more to report next time, but for now, Piccard Arrowsmith, signing off!

End log! /\/**

Piccard put the pad down on his dresser as he lay down on the bed next to Amy and curled his arms around her, getting a soft moan in reply. "Like that?" "Of course," she told him as she turned and embraced him fully. Piccard looked down with a smirk as he noticed a growing bulge in his trousers, and only leaned forward and whispered the words, "It's gonna be a long afternoon." Into her ear, to which she only smiled and started rubbing.

Now that's as good a point as any to stop and keep you wanting the next chapter, at least, that's what I hope. But anyway, how was it? Good, Bad, worthwhile as trying to get the Doctor to jump off a cliff (If anyone tries that I swear.,.) Please review!

Piccard, getting cramp! /\/**