Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 42: A blast from the past, Bio’s risk and a log, nuff said! ( Chapter 43 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap. 42 - A blast from the past, Bio's risk and a log, nuff said!

By: Piccard

Well who expected Gvnr. Taylon to still be alive? None of you I'll bet! Anyway, here comes chapter 42, no more info, lets go! Sponge: In your review you were partially right about D'sparil, here's the low-down! At the start of his boss fight, D'sparil is on the back of the serpent (Yes, he does wear a red cape.) and fires fireballs in either ones or threes depending on health. Then when you defeat the serpent, D'sparil rises and uses lightning techniques. He can also summon his disciples at will and teleport around the arena. As his health lowers, he teleports and summons more than he actually attacks. (And that my friends is E3M8 of Heretic!)

---------------------------- /\/**

Disclaimer: Not this again!

For the trees? I'm not a bloody hippy!

---------------------------- /\/**

"They weren't so tough!" Rogue shouted as everyone pulled himself or herself from the debris, but before they could celebrate, they heard a voice over Piccard's com badge. "You haven't won yet freak!" and instantly, Piccard's face whitened. "I know that voice, but it can't be!" He said in protest, but the heard a gunshot as he noticed Dark firing at something in the air, Piccard looked up, as did everyone else, and they nearly had a heart attack. A large grey ship flew overhead and shot phaser bolt after phaser bolt into the mansion. "Doc, report!" "Shields at 85%" Suddenly, a round of bright blue torpedoes flew down from it and crashed into the shield. "Doc?" "Shields at 2%! Rerouting all spare power! Shields stable at 45%" "How the hell?" Piccard yelled, but was answered by several transporter signatures in front of him , and people in various uniforms similar to Piccard's appeared, each holding either a phaser or a phase compression rifle. Before Piccard could speak, he heard the same voice from his badge. "What's wrong freak, don't you recognise the Arrowsmith Annihilation Unit anymore?" The group parted, and there visible to all was the fat man, holding a large grey weapon. Bio looked to Piccard, and saw his face had gone a deathly white. "You alright?" "It can't be! I thought you were dead." "No I'm alive and kicking freak, I've been waiting for this for a while. Now freak prepare to face death at the hands of,"

"GOVERNOR WOLFGANG AMADEUS TAYLON!!!"

Suddenly, Piccard drew his shotgun in the blink of an eye and had it directly aimed at the governor's head. "You have no business here!" "Nor do you," he began, "Remember the prime directive?" "To hell with it!" Piccard shouted as he went to fire, but he was stopped by Dark. "Hear him out, might give you more reason to kill him." They turned back to see the governor looking on in shock, "Three freaks? No matter, that makes three times the fun." He said as he gestured forward and his officers started firing concentrated bursts at the Piccard's, who used their magics to counter the attacks and let them fly harmlessly into the air. A wave of the hand and they stopped firing, and the governor himself stepped forward, brandishing a large grey weapon. "You've gotten weaker! Now cover your friends from this!" he shouted as he fired a photon torpedo straight towards Sonic's group. "Photonic absorption!" Piccard yelled, and the torpedo veered off course as the energy flew from it and into Piccard's outstretched palm. "Very novel." The governor said, "But you can't defeat us now!" he shouted as he tapped his badge, "Governor Taylon here, beam me up!"

Everyone watched as they disappeared, and the ship in the air over the mansion started moving. "Which starship's that?" Bio called, then looked to a white Piccard, who in turn was staring straight up at the ship's underside. "NCC 79243? It can't be!" Piccard yelled as he felt hands at his waist and turned to see Amy, "Can't be what?" "That's the USS Lebanon! But I heard that it was destroyed!" Piccard yelled as a photon torpedo impacted in front of the mansion. "The council are going to have a field day repairing this." Sonic said, and then they noticed another beam down, and a shortish man with ginger hair and green eyes emerged. "I am Commander Carter of the USS Poledes," He started as he took a fighting stance, "And I am the bringer of your doom freak!" "Bring it gnome!" Piccard shouted, but then felt a hand on his shoulder and turned to see Knuckles, "Let me, I need the practice!" Piccard looked on wide-eyed as Knuckles ran past him and took up a fighting stance, getting a snigger from Carter. "Oh please, this is priceless!" He started as he moved forward, "The freak has to get his flea ridden friend to do his dirty work." After hearing this, Piccard noticed veins pulsing in the heads of the anthropomorphs. "What did you call me?" Knuckles thundered, but was answered by a punch square to the gut.

Up above, several of the governor's men stood on the roof of a block of flats, all with compression rifles. However, their assaults weren't timed right, as the next thing they knew, there were two blurs running up the side of the building, which seemed to change to a hedgehog shape as they stopped. "Sonic, are you thinking what I'm thinking?" "I sure am!" Sonic shouted as he grabbed a compression rifle, as did Shadow and they both catapulted down the side of the building, resulting in several shocked federation troops. The ones which hadn't had their weapons taken leant over the side and started to fire, but they hadn't accounted for the Doctor, who had a lock on them and as soon as Sonic and Shadow bolted, the officers were greeted by several torpedo rounds. As the hedgehogs reached the ground, Piccard ran over and pointed to a switch. "When it's pointing left it fires phasers, and when it's pointing right they fire compression energy, basically mini photon torpedoes." That had them, they both flipped them to the right and started running and pummelling at materialising Lebanon troops.

Cream and Tikal were watching from a window of the mansion as the Doctor let fly another phaser volley at the Lebanon itself, and managed to neutralise another incoming round of torpedoes. "Doctor to Piccard." There was a brief delay, "Piccard here." "We can't endure another hit from a quantum torpedo, and shields are already weakening." "I'll see what I can do, Piccard out!" The Doctor started pushing buttons again and looked to his left, and had to smile as he saw Xerxes checking over systems. "Figured anything out yet?" the android turned, "Yes I have, Piccard and the others need more power." "And how can we do that?" Xerxes smiled as he tapped buttons, "Okay, we have transporters, suddenly, the Doctor noticed several things beam out of the mansion and judging from the flashes outside the window he had a vivid idea of what they were. "The emeralds?" "Of course, how else can they gain power at this stage." The Doctor just smiled as he turned back while thinking, `this is like one big away mission.'

On the ground, Piccard and Dark had harnessed the necessary power and were bowling through the Lebanon's ranks, and each time one fell, it was immediately transported back up. The only one that was not in any danger of tiring so quickly was Cmndr. Carter, who was in a very intense fight with Knuckles. After rapidly punching the commander in the stomach, a roundhouse kick floored him and he had to roll to dodge having his face kick in. As he tried to stand, Carter kicked him into the side of the head and sent him sprawling back to the floor, and as he hit, Carter whipped out a phaser. "It's been nice fighting you, but it's time to end it!" But before he could press the button, he was greeted with a kick to the head and he yelled as he flew back into a building. Knuckles looked up to see, "Rogue?" "Long time no see!" She said as she flew forward, but Carter jumped and kicked her, sending her to the floor beside Knuckles, and before he could do anything, something connected with his chin that sent him skyward and while in midair he hit something that sent him sprawling to the ground, and when he looked up he saw two people in Starfleet uniforms. "Traitors! Who are you?" "Station Admiral Thomas Brown." "And Weapons technician Jonathan Andrews!" Jon drew his rifle and fired a number of rounds, but Carter held up his left wrist and they impacted with a barrier. "Energy shield," He said as he patted it, "You didn't think that we wouldn't copy the freaks technology, did you?"

Piccard and Dark meanwhile were dealing with the AAU (Arrowsmith Annihilation Unit) and countering phaser bolts with magic and various forms of combat as Piccard used his enhanced power to charge across the ground and bowl them over, then Dark used his staff to wind the remaining crewmembers as Piccard jumped up and held his hands out. "Pyro siege!" His one hand glowed red and the other glowed white, "Sub-sonic dash!" There was a brief explosion as Piccard glowed a bright pink. "Flame dash!" He yelled as he was engulfed in fire. Then he charged forward at such a velocity that he not only set fire to the AAU, but also to Cmndr. Carter, who was fighting nearby. As Piccard slowed down, he noticed D'sparil once again on his serpent, sending various fire and lightning techniques skywards as he called upon his disciples to either join him or defend him. Many bolts impacted with the side of the Lebanon, and in response they sent a photon torpedo ground-ward, but a direct lightning pulse neutralised it as he continued his assault, but then noticed that he was being assisted by Bio, who was tapping things repeatedly into a tri-corder. "What are you doing?" D'sparil shouted as he shot another pulse, "As you know, Piccard once served on board the Lebanon, there's a chance I can hack into their systems and disable weapons and transporters." "Rather you work on shields." D'sparil said as he countered another shot.

Meanwhile, Sonic and Shadow were bowling straight through the ranks whilst curled up and as they uncurled they let rip with the compression rifles. "Is this what they mean by Hit and Run?" Shadow asked, getting a slight laugh from the blue one as they catapulted off again, going straight through a certain Vulcan officer. "Watch that running!" "Sorry." They both called as they sped off, and Tuvok turned to the Bolian he was over, "I find travelling that fast illogical and impractical." He said as he pressed the button and stunned the Bolian with a concentrated pulse, and he inwardly smirked as the enemy vanished. "Did I inwardly smirk after a battle? This is illogical," He said to himself as he ran over to where D'sparil and Bio were working. "Any luck here?" "No commander, but do me a favour and help my disciples defend." The Vulcan didn't think twice, just dived over the serpent and aided those in purple with his phaser.

Suddenly, Piccard heard a scream, and turned to see Amy in the hands of a Klingon. "Come any closer and I kill her!" He shouted as he tightened the grip around her neck. Piccard growled as his eyes glow blue, and suddenly, the Klingon was shocked as the hedgehog disappeared from his arms and there to greet him instead was a compression shot from Shadow. "You alright?" "Of course," Amy said, "Well, now I am." She said as she playfully poked him on the nose, getting a laugh. "Amy not here, we're in the middle of a fight." But before she could respond, they heard a cry and turned to see the Klingon charging at them again with a knife above his head. "Allow me!" and before Piccard could protest, Amy had brandished her hammer and bought it down hard on the klingon's head, who now had a vague idea of how a pancake felt as he was beamed out. Piccard watched in shock as Amy once again put her hammer god-knows-where and ran back over to him. Dark watched this as he took aim at the Lebanon and drew his rocket launcher. "Anaetheron, Cybos!" He called, and the Hell Knight and Cyberdemon ran over. "Help me get that things shields!" In a split seconds, energy bolts and rockets ripped through the air towards the Lebanon.

Suddenly, the Lebanon fired it's final three quantum torpedoes, which all shot through the air and impacted with the shields of the mansion. "Doctor to all hands, shields are down and there's no power in backup, repeat, shields are down and there's no power in backup! The next shot will destroy the mansion!" The alliance members looked on in horror as Dark began to concentrate. "They only have one torpedo left, but it's a transphasic torpedo, it'll annihilate us all if it impacts with the mansion." Suddenly, all of the remaining Lebanon crewmembers beamed out as a bright orange and red bolt shot from the front of the Lebanon and travelled slowly towards the mansion. Bio watched in horror as it closed in, creeping closer and closer. "There's no way we can neutralise it in time." Bio's eyes widened as he had a thought, "It's crazy but it's the only way!" "What are you talking about?" D'sparil asked, but didn't get a response as Bio flung his tri-corder to the ground and bolted towards the mansion. "Bio what are you doing?" Piccard yelled as Bio scaled the mansion's walls and stood on the roof. "I'm doing what I consider a national service, by saving the city." He yelled as he flung himself off the roof and shouted, "Levitation!" His boots began to glow as he jetted towards the torpedo. "BIO!" Piccard and Dark yelled, but it had no effect as the genetic marine flew towards the torpedo, and as he neared it he reached into his pocket and felt his fingers brush something metal. "Looks like I only have one shot at this." He said to himself as he looked ahead and noticed that the torpedo was around five seconds ahead. Quick as a flash, he took the device from his pocket and attached it to his chest, managing to stretch his arms and legs so that he was a star shape, and at the last second yelled,

"TRANSPHASIC DISTORTION!"

All the people below saw was a massive explosion, and the resultant blast wave sent everyone sprawling to the ground. "Bio?" "No use Piccard," They heard Tuvok say, "At that range he would have been vaporised in the blast!" Piccard's head lowered, as did the others, and just as tears started to fall from his eyes, he heard Amy's voice and noticed her looking up. "Look, what's that?" Piccard looked up and saw a green and black form falling towards the ground fast. "Bio!" Piccard yelled as he ran forward with his arms outstretched, and as he caught him, Piccard had to lean back to avoid falling forward onto Bio. As Piccard took a closer look, he noticed that not only was Bio still alive, although extremely charred, he was even conscious, and looked Piccard in the eye. "Shouldn't you have been vaporised?" Bio smiled as he pointed to his chest before falling to unconsciousness. "I'll be damned!" Piccard said, and felt a hand on his shoulder and looked up to see Antoine, "Vat eez damned?" "This," Piccard pointed to the device, "It's a Photonic absorber, and it looks like Bio overloaded it by trying to absorb transphasic energy. Somehow Bio knew of it's power." "Perhaps when ee wakes up, zen ee can tell us `ow he knew." "Not as soon as he wakes up!" Piccard said, "We'll give him a chance to wake up first." Then Piccard looked up and noticed a very large crowd behind relative safety barriers with police officers in backup, and there at the front was Michael with a camera. Piccard walked over and looked straight at the camera. "Kids," Piccard began, "NEVER throw yourselves in front of torpedoes to stop insane fat men!" He said as he looked to Michael. "I'd love to answer question's but we need to deal with Bio." Michael only nodded in approval as Piccard walked over and scooped up Bio. As he carried him back, he heard a weak voice, "Piccard," "Yes Bio?" "Thanks," "For what?" "Helping me out here. Sorry if I made a fool of myself." "I'll admit," Piccard began, "It was foolish, but I'll say one thing, you're the bravest person I know to throw yourself in front of a torpedo to save others." Bio only smiled as he fell asleep in Piccard's arms, and Piccard had to hold back a tear as he re-entered the mansion.

Several hours later, Piccard was lying on his bed with a log in his hand. "So it's time again."

Personal Log: I.D. 92873

Author: Marine Commander Piccard Arrowsmith

Subject: One massive brawl

----------------------------

Right, lets get this over with now as I'm not in the mood. Firstly, things have been going very well on the defensive front. Phaser banks and photon torpedoes installed to help us defend against assaults. We have a new ally in the form of Lt. Cmndr Tuvok from the Voyager A, and now we have two new enemies in the picture.

Firstly, the Borg, somehow they arrived at this world and attacked us once, and I'm pretty sure that they'll do it again. I'm not sure if they are allied with SHODAN at this stage, but if they are, then I'd better start creating bullets.

Secondly the Federation, this came as a shock to me as I had no idea that any officers existed outside of those who live here. But it's not that that concerns me. You see, they are being led by the old fat bastard himself. Gvnr. Wolfgang Amadeus Taylon! Somehow he survived and has either rebuilt or salvaged or repaired the USS Lebanon, which they used just in a mass fight which I think took over a chapter to do, (It did Piccard) who said that?

Anyway, during that fight, the mansion's shields were taken down, and they managed to get a transphasic torpedo into the works. But Bio nearly sacrificed himself by throwing himself into it's path and absorbing the charge with a photon device that I thought no longer worked. Now I await the result of his medical diag. And to be honest, I am deeply worried.

Piccard, ending Log! /\/**

----------------------------

He put the pad back on the shelf above him as Tuvok walked in. "The Doctor told me to inform you that Bio is responding well to treatment and should be alright in several hours." He turned, but then heard Piccard call him and he turned back. "You called me?" "How can you stay so calm and collected during this time?" "As a Vulcan," He began, "I am trained in restraining my emotions and not allowing them to influence my judgement. Is there anything else." "No, not at all." Piccard said as Tuvok walked out and Piccard lay down on his bed. `Great. SHODAN, the borg and the federation? This is gonna take a VERY long time,' Piccard started thinking, `We have to find where each of their bases are, and we'll have to take them down one by one.' These thoughts drifted out of his head as his eyes closed and he drifted into a deep sleep.

Phew! Two action packed chapters in one day, and this one had no sex at all! I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms! I feel on top of the world at writing all of this, and I am glad that people enjoy reading this fic. Anyway, how was it? Good, Bad, worthwhile as asking Tony Blair if he's Labour or Conservative? Please review!

Piccard, logging out and tired as hell! /\/**