Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 43: The past with the Governor and a spiritual meeting! ( Chapter 44 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap. 43 - The past with the Governor and a spiritual meeting!

By: Piccard

Wow, I'm still tired from the last one, and I'd just like to tell you all that I do not plan to end this fic anytime soon. If I did then I'd have to start another one, and I'm just too absorbed with this one. (I'm waffling!) Anyway, here's chap. 43. This one has a massive flashback from the Poledes, as in an earlier chapter, (No. 5 I think) the album had those pictures of Piccard being tortured, well this chapter tells us why.

------------------------------- /\/**

Disclaimer: This shall be damned! See a past chapter!

Don't I have a strategy? No I type what I feel! (Immense sarcasm!)

------------------------------- /\/**

He put the pad back on the shelf above him as Tuvok walked in. "The Doctor told me to inform you that Bio is responding well to treatment and should be alright in several hours." He turned, but then heard Piccard call him and he turned back. "You called me?" "How can you stay so calm and collected during this time?" "As a Vulcan," He began, "I am trained in restraining my emotions and not allowing them to influence my judgement. Is there anything else." "No, not at all." Piccard said as Tuvok walked out and Piccard lay down on his bed. `Great. SHODAN, the borg and the federation? This is gonna take a VERY long time,' Piccard started thinking, `We have to find where each of their bases are, and we'll have to take them down one by one.' These thoughts drifted out of his head as his eyes closed and he drifted into a deep sleep.

The next thing he knew, someone was shaking him and he looked up to see Amy. "How long did I sleep?" "It's 11:00 in the morning!" Piccard's eyes shot open and he flew into a bolt upright sitting position. "Bloody buggering hell!" She laughed slightly at Piccard's outburst as he took his badge from the dresser and attached it to his uniform. "Where's Bio?" "In the holodeck with everyone else," she began, "We're all ready for you." "That's just how I like it!" Piccard said with a laugh, causing Amy to groan as they both walked out and into the holodeck, and as soon as they did, Piccard had to fling himself to the floor to dodge a phaser bolt. "Okay I'm awake!" He yelled, and say Sonic with his compression rifle. "Sorry Piccard, still trying to find how to work this thing." He said as he turned and started firing towards the targets, which were the only things undamaged. Piccard chuckled as he made his way over to the others. "Have I missed anything?" "Not at all," Dark began, "Other than Bio waking up." "Sorry about that, I fell asleep!" "We noticed," He looked over to the Doctor, "We could hear you downstairs, you're quite a loud snorer."

After watching Sonic miss all the targets, and then Shadow doing the same, except that he actually hit one, Tuvok stepped up. "Now I will show you all what a good Starfleet training can do for you." He missed the weird looks directed at him as he turned and drew his phaser, firing in time with the moving targets that he arranged for and quickly finished. Piccard checked his score chart. "98%, you're slipping." "A minor error, one that I can correct." The Vulcan said as he sat down. No one else stood up to take part, and Amy turned to Piccard. "Can I ask you a question?" "Of course." She shifted slightly uneasily at this point, "Erm, I think that everyone here also wants to know about this, but why did the Governor call you freak?" Piccard lowered his head and his eyes began to water. "I knew I'd have to explain this sometime." He felt a hand at his shoulder and looked to see the Doctor. "Would you like me to do it?" "No doc, I will!"

/\/** Flashback, Piccard's POV /\/**

Around a year ago on the Poledes, I'd managed to keep my magic a secret from pretty much the whole station except for Tom and Jon. The Doctor already knew from the Voyager R, and I'll never forget the moment that my powers were revealed.

It was a team match in the holodeck. Me, Tom and Jon vs. Cmndr. Carter and two of his lieutenants. I don't know how, but the safety's deactivated, and I didn't know this until after a stray phaser bolt left a cut deep into my arm. I screamed as this happened, and knew that if I didn't end the match then, well, then the six of us would have been killed.

Anyway, our team all had swords, Tom didn't have his rapier at that stage, and I had to try a daring move to avoid being shot. I started running towards the wall and at the last minute used the spell that would change my life for the worse, `Gravity Defiance'. Everyone watched in shock as I ran up the wall and stopped on the ceiling, and pointed my sword at Carters team, yelling `Divine Bolt' as I shot three pulses, knocking out Carters team and making us win.

As I fell to the floor, I looked up around the crowd in shock. Many of them were jeering at me, making fun of me and the Governor himself was red faced and yelled to me, "What was that?" "A power that my family's had their whole existence." "Get rid of it!" My face must have been a contortion of pain and anger as I noticed Tom and Jon back off. "I can't without killing myself." "Fine, just get out of my sight!" He yelled as he drew a phaser, "Didn't you hear me, piss off freak!" Everyone began laughing and shouting freak in unison, and I ran out of the room in tears.

I found myself back in my quarters when my eyes dried up, and I had the Doctor over me. "That wasn't right, how they treated you." "I know, but he was probably annoyed that my power might draw attention from him!" Before the Doctor could respond, the door was blasted open and several men ran in. "Computer deactivate E.M.H!" and as the Doctor disappeared, they all drew compression rifles and fired a total of around twenty phaser bolts straight into my gut, and the last thing I saw was the Governor behind them smiling and laughing as I fell.

When I woke up, I immediately noticed that my quarters had been completely trashed. I turned my head to see in the mirror, and in the bit that wasn't cracked, I made out a large phaser burn next to a bump on my forehead. "Computer, activate E.M.H!" the Doctor reappeared, and I could tell that he was felling the same way I was as he helped me up and treated me for the burns and battered areas of my body, and as he started there was a knock at what remained of the door. "Whose there? Identify yourself! I'm armed!" I shouted, knowing full well that I wasn't but it might stall them for a second.

As the door fell down, the two forms in the doorway looked on in shock as they looked around the place. "What happened here?" "That bastard governor!" I told them, "Honestly guys, I just think he's scared that I would have been more popular than him." I said as I lay down on my bed, and then had an alarming thought. "My weapons! Tom, the brown cupboard." He ran over and started to push buttons, and as the door opened, there was, "Nothing." "F***!" I shouted at the top of my lungs, but then calmed as Tom pulled something from it. "They didn't get your staff." I managed a smile as I held it, the last undamaged thing I had left, and cried.

After three mintues, the pad in my pocket beeped and I checked out the message:

Author: Governor Wolfgang Amadeus Taylon

To: Freak!

Subject: New rules!

----------------------

Hi freak! Like the makeover we did to you and your quarters? Anyway, judging by these powers you have, we have to establish some new ground rules:

1)You are no longer allowed off Deck 32 for anything at anytime, but I will be lenient and allow you off on your birthday, if you're lucky!

2)If you fraternise with any member of the crew, then the AAU will be sent to have you both killed.

3)You are hereby relieved of duty, and as soon as the next starship docks, you, your hologram and your two friends will be transferred.

4)You are denied the usage of any weapons other than your staff, and if you are seen anywhere near the armoury, then you will be shot on sight!

For a full list of rules, check the federation network!

End log ///*\\\

----------------

From that day on, my life was hell, and I had to cope with solidarity and loneliness, but that's a flashback for another time!

/\/** End Flashback, readers POV. /\/**

Piccard was practically a crying wreck as he finished. "He gave me three years of hell, as did the AAU." His sobbing became louder, "The things they did would give you nightmares, but I wasn't strong enough to fight back." Now he just broke down as Amy pulled his head into her lap and started patting his head. "There, there." "When I came here, and you all treated me nice, to be honest, I didn't know how to react. Should I suspect anything, or just relax." "To be honest I don't blame you." He looked over to Bio, "If I'd have to put up with that sort of thing for three years, I'd have tried suicide." What Piccard said next shocked them all, "I did try it, several times, but I don't have the will power." The crying resumed, "Funny isn't it? I don't have the power to fight back or the power to commit suicide." "You never told me you tried that!" "To be honest Doc I didn't know how you'd react."

After another hour of Piccard talking about all this, he left the holodeck and went back to his room, reaching under the bed as he sat down and pulling out a massive book, (The complete version of this fic?) He sat down and flicked to one of the later pages. "Ah, here we are." He said as he came to the right one. "The log of Reginald Arrowsmith, written of deck 3 of the Von Braun." He started as he read down, and then came to a very interesting line. "To be honest," He read out loud, "As I look at my son Dave, I can see that he will be the father of the pioneer. The Arrowsmith who will endure the most torture of us all, but have the greatest magic and the chance to be the first and last Arrowsmith to fight on a new world, freeing a different universe completely of evils from our own." Piccard closed the book and slid it back under the bed as he lay down. "That's odd. He didn't have any magic. He did have psionics, but surely he couldn't predict the future?" He thought about what he just read. "Then again he was right about the torture endurance part and battling on a new world." Piccard's mind was a blur as he drifted into a light sleep.

As he slept, many different images flew through his head, mainly involving him or one of his friends killing the governor in a variety of ways. But he had to laugh at Bio shoving a grenade up the Governor's arse and detonating it. Just then, everything went white as he looked around. "The spirit realm, I thought D'sparil resided here." "I do." Piccard span and saw the warlock, "I'm surprised that you kept all that about your past, how do you put it, bottled up?" "I've never been sure of how to express myself." The warlock smiled as he took Piccard's arm and led him towards a door. "The reason I called you is because there's someone here who wants to speak to you, but he won't let me near him." Piccard tilted his head as D'sparil ran, causing Piccard to shake his head as he opened it and went through. The room on the other side was completely white as well, and a lone figure in a reddish cape was facing Piccard. "Are you Piccard?" "I am, who are you?" He stood up and pulled his hood back, revealing a pair of blue eyes and pointed ears. "I am Jar'din, first of the Arrowsmiths." "You're a Vulcan?" Piccard said as he couldn't take his eyes off the ears. "No, I'm an elf, ever wonder why you knew magic? Well it's the elven side." Piccard just raised an eyebrow. "So I'm part elf?" "Not exactly, the genes have been bred out, but for some reason, the elven magic gene seems to stay with the males of the family for their existence."

They continued to talk for an hour before Jar'din showed Piccard something. "I have a few weapons I want you to take. While here they're no use to me." He said as he pulled up a bag. "This is the elvenwand, upgraded to fire five bolts at once, and this is yours." He said as he passed it over and pulled out another, "This is the firemace, it shoots charged metal spheres that home in on nearby enemies, and this is for Dark." He said as he passed the thing over and reached in one last time, pulling out a pair of metal gloves. "These are gauntlets of the necromancer, and they can steal an opponents energy which is transferred to you, as he likes taking risks, these are for Bio." As Piccard held the weapons, he noticed his vision begin to fade. "I'm waking up!" "I know," Jar'din, said, "Goodbye, it was nice talking to you." Piccard smiled as he vanished.

As he woke, he noticed Amy sitting on the side of the bed with a hand over Piccard's head. "You alright?" "Of course, I may not like talking about it, but the past is the past." "Oh," she began as she stood up and then lay down next to him, "So sleeping with your weapons gives you comfort does it?" Piccard raised an eyebrow before turning, and there in plain view were the elvenwand, the firemace and the gauntlets. "I'll tell you about them later." Piccard said as he pulled her in for a deep kiss, which she gladly returned.

Meanwhile at the outpost, the governor was mad that well over half of their officers were injured and needed time to heal, as well as losing around twenty shuttles and running out of torpedoes on the Lebanon. "The only things around here that work are the shields and the transporters." He complained as a technician walked in. "Repairs will take twenty four hours." "That's not good enough!" the governor roared, "the freak and his flea ridden friends will recover." "It's fine as long as I get that red git!" The governor turned to see Cmndr. Carter walking in while nursing his stomach. "He embarrassed me, as did the bat girl and those two traitors." "Traitors?" the governor asked, "Tom and Jon." "Oh them!" The governor said dismissively, "I don't care what happens to them, I just want to see the freak hanging from the Lebanon's deflector dish. Now I have to call SHODAN." At that time, SHODAN was going over scans of the station, and just as she spotted something bad, the communication link beeped. "This better be good, Taylon!" "Sorry SHODAN, but the freak thrashed us with help from those furred freaks." Malice was evident in the governor's voice as he talked about the alliance. "Anyway, we'll need time to repair and heal before we go after him again." "What about the Lebanon?" "Phasers near full and we're replicating more torpedoes as fast as we can, but it'll take a while." "Better do it quick in case the Borg turn up." SHODAN told him as she cut off the link and called the avatar. "Taylon failed." "I guessed he would," the avatar said, "so I called the boss brain and he's on his way now." "Good girl!" "Don't take the piss SHODAN!" this got a round of laughter as they both carried on with their duties.

Back down at the mansion, Piccard was in the front room watching Dark and Bio getting to grips with their new weapons as Piccard just holstered the elvenwand with his staff. "Piccard," He turned as Anaetheron sat down next to him. "Can you tell me about the Lebanon? I mean you used to serve on it didn't you?" "I did, now lets see. If I remember rightly, it's of the intrepid class. Crew compliment of 2039, it was the largest in the fleet. Three phaser strips, an aft photon torpedo launcher and forward quantum and transphasic torpedo launchers. It wasn't the most powerful in the fleet, but it was by far no means the weakest either." Anaetheron frowned slightly, "What about the shields?" "They're standard grade, or supposed to be." "Well they weren't." They turned to see Tails, "I tried to pummel it with the fusion cannon, but it didn't even make it faze." "So the fat one has better shields now?" Piccard pondered, "Won't stop me! I want a piece of him!" "And I want Carter!" Piccard span to see Knuckles, "Why?" "No one calls me a flea ridden anything and gets away with it. Piccard smiled as he sat back, and noticed Bio on the other side of the room, putting the Photonic absorber back into his pocket.

Right I'll stop there, and I might update later today, depending on how I feel, as I have the whole day to myself! Granted I have one piece of work due on Monday, but it's not that intense! Anyway, enough about me, how was it? Good, Bad, Sexy as captain Kirk? (Dear God!") Please review!

Piccard, logging out! /\/**