Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 45: Arrowsmith Vs. Amadeus, need I say more! ( Chapter 46 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap. 45 - Arrowsmith Vs. Amadeus, need I say more!

By: Piccard

Well I can't think of anything else to say here except for, let's start chapter 45!

I wondered how I'd have Piccard deal with the governor for a while, and lets say that if he survives, then they'll have more chances to meet. (Not saying he will!)

------------------------- /\/**

Disc: I won't even FINISH that spawn of Satan!

For Doomhammer? Sounds like a weapon more than an orc!

------------------------- /\/**

Piccard had now fully recovered from that quantum torpedo, and looked up to see the Lebanon aiming at the mansion. "I don't think so!" Piccard shouted as he held his plasma gun tightly. "Wait a minute." He said as he looked down at the gun in his arms. "It's crazy, but it might work." "What might." "Matter merger!" Piccard yelled, and there was a bright flash from both Piccard's left arm and the gun, and when the light faded, he looked at the new expansion that his arm bared. "Nice!" He shouted as he fired several rounds upward, but stopped as he heard the governor's voice. "Sorry freak! Can't have you destroy our ship." He said as he drew a phaser. "I can't defeat you so easily, so I'll play with your emotions instead." He shouted as he fired a concentrated stun blast, which shot past Piccard, and he heard a scream as he turned to see a pink form on the floor. "AMY!!" Piccard yelled as he ran over and found the Doctor over her. "It was a stun last, she'll be fine in several hours." Tears streamed from Piccard's eyes as he stood up and glared at the Governor. "Aw, is the freak upset that I shot his girlfriend?" the governor teased, but Piccard was to pissed off to care. "Not upset, BLOOY OUTRAGED!!" He shouted as he saw everyone else staring at him, he looked down to see an orange cloud crawling up his legs. "Chaos Piccard." Piccard said, but then closed his eyes and began talking. "No chaos. I want him!" The cloud stalled, "After what he just did, I want to teach that bastard a lesson myself, not have you do it for me." He looked down as he opened his eyes, and swore he saw a face nod in approval as the cloud disappeared and he took a fighting stance. "Come on." Piccard shouted, "Rock me Amadeus!"

He smirked as he saw a vein in the governor's forehead pulsate. "Don't call me that freak!" He shouted as he pressed buttons on his phaser. "I'll end this in one shot!" he shouted as he pointed his phaser. "This is on the vaporise setting, dodge this!" He laughed as the dark orange beam shot through the air. "Nice try." Piccard shouted as he bought his hands up and cupped them as the ray hit, sending him back several feet, and as he picked himself up, saw a shocked governor. "That should have killed you!" "So should have 20 compression bolts on the Poledes if you remember!" The governor growled as he lunged at Piccard, who dodged and left the governor as a wreck on the road. "Get up, you're making it untidy!" Indeed, he sprang up and put his hand over his badge. "I did remember that 20 couldn't kill you, but defend against this!" He shouted as he tapped his badge and shouted, "All hands ready weapons!" "That's what you think!" The two turned to see D'sparil, "Okay disciples, decloak!" he yelled, and the next thing the governor knew, his men that had the compression rifles were being monitored by the disciples. "I've instructed them all to attack if any of your men take a shot!" D'sparil yelled triumphantly as his serpent roared.

Across the road, Knuckles was getting up from a nasty blow that Carter dealt him, and as he looked around, saw Piccard going hand to hand with the governor. "Why fight like that?" Knuckles asked himself, but then saw the Doctor and Bio over Amy's unconscious form, and judging by the burn, "I have a vague idea." He said to answer himself as he got up and started to make his way over. He reached the others without any difficulty, save a few pains, and stopped next to Rogue. "What's happening?" "Taylon stunned Amy with a concentrated blast, getting Piccard mad, now." Instead of talking, she gestured to the two that were fighting with pretty much everything they had.

Suddenly, something sharp connected with the back of Knuckles's head, and he yelled as he flew forwards and had to start gliding to avoid hitting Piccard, and as he looked around, noticed that Carter was standing behind him with the handle of his rifle slightly red from blood. Knuckles looked on as Carter threw his rifle to the ground and made a gesture for him and knuckles to finish what they started, a melee match.

Various people looked on as Piccard battled the governor and Knuckles took on Carter, who didn't even seem tired in any aspect. Suddenly, the Doctor heard a noise behind him and saw Amy's eyes starting to open, very bloodshot. "What hit me?" "A high yield stun beam," The Doctor said as he started scanning her. "Fascinating." "What is?" "Normally someone doesn't recover from a beam of that level for a matter of hours." The Doctor told her. "You seemed to recover in ten minutes." She looked up and saw the chaos on the battle area. "What's going on?" "After what happened, Piccard went berserk and challenged the governor head on." Bio told her, "Knuckles was watching, and then Carter clipped him in the head with his rifle, and then they started off again."

Over at the fight, Carter and Knuckles were going punch for punch and neither looked ready to back out. "Tiring so soon echidna?" Carter shouted as he let fly another volley of punches to Knuckles's stomach, "Not in a long shot!" Knuckles shouted back as he kicked Carter in the shin, making him stall. Knuckles saw this as a window of opportunity and thrust his pointed fists as far into Carter's stomach as he could, reeling slightly at the frequency of Carter's cry as he fell back and looked up at Knuckles as he reached down and examined all the blood now pouring from his stomach, and the last thing he heard as he was transported out were Knuckles saying, "now you know how I got my name."

Meanwhile, Piccard was on a rampage after the governor made one to many piss-taking remarks, and his eyes were glowing bright white as he hit at thin air, for the governor just rolled back and drew his phaser. "That's it," He shouted as he fired, stunning Piccard slightly as the beam continued. "Keep the anger up freak! Just relieves you of defence." He finished as he saw Piccard struggling to keep upright. However, unluckily for the governor, Piccard knew just how to deal with it. He took off his helmet and rapidly pressed buttons on the side of it, and he heard a computerised voice saying, "Mirror visor activated." As he held it in the path of the beam, which was harmlessly redirected into space, leaving one very unhappy governor. "Gimme your best shot!" He yelled as Piccard ran forward with his fist over his head. "Demon spawned wretch, you shall die!" He shouted with a different tone of voice as he bought his fist down and lay the governor out on the floor.

Back with the others, the other members of the alliance, save for the doctor, were either firing at the Lebanon or intercepting torpedoes. "Just how many does that thing have?" D'sparil yelled as he fired a sphere of lightning upwards, and as it impacted, it spread across the shield, doing minimal damage. "Damn!" the warlock shouted as Cybos and Anaetheron stepped up, seemingly glowing from charged energy. (I know they can't do that in doom, but it is my fic and my characters after all!) "Allow us!" Cybos said as he aimed his launcher, "We'll have it down in no time," Anaetheron concluded as he held his left claw upwards and outstretched. "Rocket volley!" "Energy beam!" came the cries as a compliment of rockets and a medium sized beam of green energy flew upwards, and fizzled out as they hit the Lebanon's shield, again, doing minimal damage. "I don't believe it." Cybos said as the two collapsed to the floor and Mina and R-396 ran over. "That should have done it," Anaetheron complained, "It was the most powerful we could muster."

As they were being attended to, Antoine and Bunnie were watching from the sidelines as Piccard sent a Pyro siege ball straight at he governor, who just shot it out of the air. "Ah am not likeeng thees!" Antoine shouted, "Liking what?" "Thees match!" Antoine carried on as he watched Piccard and the Governor brawling from swords. "Didn't know he had one of them." "Ah don't theenk even Piccard knew zat ee `ad a sword!" Antoine told her as they heard clangs thick and fast as the action intensified to a level that no one thought existed. The governor reached into his pocket and slipped something over his fist. "Get a load of this!" he shouted as he embedded his fist into Piccard's head, and laughed as Piccard cried out in pain and hit the floor. As he looked up, he saw the governor with something metal over his fist. "You aren't the only one who likes twentieth century technology freak! These knuckle dusters are very useful." "Obviously you like things that pack a metal punch." They heard a voice say from behind a barrier, and as the governor turned, he was greeted by something large and metal flying towards his face.

"Metal Sonic?" Piccard said in shock as the metallic hedgehog pulled himself off the flattened governor. "Did I miss anything?" "How did your armour change back?" Piccard asked, but was greeted by another familiar voice. "I did it!" "Julian?" Piccard shouted as the egg shaped doctor appeared through the crowd with some kind of pistol. "What's that?" He didn't get an answer as Julian pointed it at the Lebanon and fired, causing the shields to go erratic. "It's an E.M.P pistol, specially adapted to bring down shields." "Why do you have it with you?" he blushed lightly, "I was going to test it in case SHODAN did anything that involved shielded troops," he started, "but I can see that I didn't need the test now, as I tried it in action." He finished as he adjusted his specs and turned to the fight. "What's happened?" "Well that arrogant GIT!" Picard shouted directly at the governor, "has to go and play with my emotions by shooting my girlfriend with a concentrated energy beam, well it's safe to say that I got a little annoyed." Piccard said, slightly overemphasising the word annoyed as he turned and ran back to the fight with his sword swinging.

For several minutes, the fight raged, with people beginning to wonder just how the governor could cope this long due to his excessive weight and build. And after another few minutes of fighting, Piccard glanced to his left and saw Amy standing, "Thank god you're alright!" Piccard shouted over as he turned to face her, before thinking to himself. "Damn stupid Piccard, leaving your defence wide open!" He snapped to his senses and span just in time to counter an overhead slice from the round one as he jumped back. "Come on Amadeus, rock me!" "Will you stop quoting that blasted song freak! It's almost as bad as you are!" the governor shouted as he hammered his badge. "Taylon to all hands, attack at will, repeat, attack at will!" suddenly, the sky glowed a light orange as phaser bolts fired from the rooftops, and D'sparil now found himself without half of his disciples. Keeping as calm as possible, he span his staff and fired a lightning bolt at the top of a building, knocking several federation troops off the top, but were transported before they hit the floor.

"We could go on forever." D'sparil shouted as he summoned two more disciples and kept on dealing with the federation heavies.

Now, Piccard and the governor were talking whilst fighting. "Isn't this against the federation?" "Shut it freak I'm doing what's right!" The governor shouted. "What? Attacking an innocent planet and violating the prime directive, just to get at me! I should be flattered, but I'm disgusted!" "Yea freak? Well you violated it too by introducing technology and federation materials." "I did it to survive." Piccard said meekly as he backflipped and pointed his sword forward. "This should look familiar, Divine shot!" Piccard shouted as his sword glowed white, and the governor was floored by a bright white pulse. "Go on, finish me!" the governor yelled up to Piccard as he kneeled by the governor's head. "Well sadly for you," Piccard started as he kicked him violently in the side of the head, knocking him out, "I haven't got the killer instinct!" Piccard finished as he governor was beamed up to the Lebanon.

As soon as he vanished, the Lebanon slowly started moving off, and after it disappeared, Piccard fell to his knees a panting wreck before turning and being floored by an over ecstatic Amy. "Glad to see you alright." Piccard said as he looked down and saw that her dress was burned at the point where the governor's phaser hit her. "We heal faster than you think." She told him as they embraced, being watched by Bio. "Nice to see you happy Piccard," Bio muttered, "Now get ready to face your legions of fans." He finished as he started walking back to the mansion, but then felt something pulling on his trouser leg, and turned to see a young human girl, obviously around six or seven, smiling up at him and holding a book. "Greetings." Bio started as he kneeled down, never one to start a conversation, and just looked on as the girl smiled. "You talk funny." "Can't help it," he told her, "Just not that good at talking." He chose not to speak in the usual big words as he talked to her. "Can I ask you something?" "Of course, that's what we're here for." Bio told her, and she held up the pad whilst going slightly red. "Can I have your autograph?" Unbeknownst to Bio, every other eye was focused on him as he took the pad and opened it. "Not a lot of names in here." "I know, I just got it." She told him as he signed his name and gave it back. "Thank you." She said as she kissed him on the cheek and bounded off, leaving a very shocked Bio.

As he stood up he heard clapping, and turned to see almost everyone else, save for Tuvok, clapping as he made his way back over. "Looks like you do have a fan after all!" Dark told him, Bio only looked over and smirked, "I thought that after the torpedo stunt, I didn't have a chance." Just then, Bio noticed D'sparil looking at him in shock, "What's wrong?" "Your eyes, they're teary!" Bio reached a gloved hand to his face and rubbed a finger under his eye, and as he pulled it away he examined it. "Doc, is this normal?" "Of course," the E.M.H said, "it's called crying, and before you ask, it can be triggered by either sadness or happiness." "Looks like I understand another condition now!" Bio shouted happily as they noticed the legions of fans run over.

Around half an hour later, everyone re-entered the mansion, and most of them were happy, but there were some exceptions. "Calm down Rogue." Tom shouted from his position of helping Jon carry Knuckles into the front room. "How can I stay calm?" The bat shouted as she stormed over and poked Tom's nose. "Look, I'm sure that it was an accident." "Eight times?" she yelled, "How can brushing against my breasts eight times be an accident?" "Well it might have been a dedicated fan!" Jon said with a slight hint of sarcasm, but sadly for him Rogue picked up on it and moved over to him. "Look," she shouted, and Piccard and Amy noticed Jon starting to cower. "Dedicated as they may be, they can keep their hands to themselves." She shouted as she poked him in the nose rather hard and turned and stormed out. But just as she reached the door, she heard a familiar voice, "Wait a minute," Rogue turned to see Bio, "Yes?" "I have something to confess." She walked over and stopped right in front of him, "Well?" "Four of those times, erm, it was me, and." Before he could finish, he noticed her anger increasing and he turned and ran out of the front room's door and up to the upper floors, only shouting, "Bloody hell! Let me finish!" as he ran.

Downstairs, everyone else settled down. Those that weren't that tired just stayed up and talked, while those that were tired just lay back on either the floor or the table, which the Doctor was using to treat those that got injured, namely Knuckles's head. "There you are." The doctor said as he placed the ORD back in the box. "Good as new." Knuckles reached up and touched his now healed head. "What about he dreadlocks?" "Give them a chance to grow back." Just then, Piccard ran in with a makeshift bandage round his waist. "Has anyone seen Bio?" "Last time I saw him was in the holodeck." As Piccard turned, he heard the Doctor calling, "I wish you'd let me treat you." "I will after I deal with this." Piccard said as he ran out.

As Piccard entered the holodeck, he noticed himself in the middle of a jungle, water flowing in a nearby river and a calm melody in the background. "You've been looking at my programs again haven't you?" Piccard shouted into the jungle, and heard a voice. "Just wanted something calm." And Bio came out from behind a rock on Piccard's left. "This was the calmest I could find." "I know, I created this myself." Piccard said as they began walking into the forest. "After the whole ordeal with Dark, I had so much stress that I took my idea of tranquillity and loaded it into the holodeck buffer, thus this was created." Piccard said as they came to a clearing.

At that moment, Rogue walked in and looked around. "Where are you, Bio?" she called into the jungle as she stopped and used her hearing to find Bio. "There you are." She said as she started creeping into the jungle and after several minutes came to the clearing, finding Piccard with Bio. She just sat down and listened to them talk. "I always found running water calm." "You're an Arrowsmith, we all did." Piccard told him. "Why's Rogue so angry with me?" "Bio," Piccard began, "Normally, people don't go and brush against girls just for the sake of it." Bio started talking again, "I was just curious, you and Dark both have girls, I just wondered what I was missing." Piccard chuckled slightly. "I used to be like you, you know. Trying out all these methods just to see what it's like." "So what can I do?" Piccard sniggered as Bio looked at him. "Newsflash, we're in a holodeck." Piccard said, getting a disgusted look from bio. "I want someone real!" "Well we can count out the Doctor!" Another glare and a slight giggle from Rogue. "Look Piccard, joke time is over. You don't know how depressing this loneliness is that I endure, and how much I want to be liked." Piccard sprang up, now shocking bio with the intensity of his own glare. "Don't I by god? Didn't you hear any of what happened to me on the Poledes? You've only been alive for around a month and you think it's hard? Try living the last year of MY life." As Piccard calmed, he noticed that Bio's face hadn't changed in the slightest. "Sorry." "No I deserved that." "Look," Piccard said, "If you want, I'll see if I can get you a chance with rogue, what do you say?" He got no response, just Bio getting him in a choke hold and repeating the words, "thank you" again and again before leaving, and as he left, Piccard turned to a tree. "You can come out now rogue, he's gone." Annoyed that her cover had been blown, she came out and sat down. "You think he has a chance with you?" Piccard asked, but she only turned and smiled. "Only if you tell him the right things." She said as she kissed him on the cheek, got up and left.

Okay I lied he will survive! Well, that was a long one! Was that as good as previous battle chapters? It's just that that's my first vengeance fight. Anyway, how was it? Good, bad, annoying as a car alarm? Please review! I love feedback.

Piccard, where the hell am I?

(A forest! Auto shut-off!) /\/**