Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 47: The icon of sin and D’sparil and Bio to the rescue! ( Chapter 48 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap. 47 - The icon of sin and D'sparil and Bio to the rescue!

By: Piccard

Once again I grace your screens (And use phrases I did before) to bring you this chapter, which settles the age old dispute of which ID software game is better, but before I do. Magnus: the boss brain is the end game boss of DOOM 2 and Final DOOM. (To be honest, it took me ages to find what it was called myself!) Anyway, enough delays, lets go!

---------------------------- /\/**

Disclaimer: What did one date say to the other? I'm stoned!

The damned stand ready? Have I used what one before? Thought so!

---------------------------- /\/**

"So Casanova," Piccard started, "How did it go?" Bio only turned his head to where the lipstick was smudged on his face. "Nice one Bio!" D'sparil shouted. "That makes four." Piccard said whilst pretending to check a pad. "Knuckles, Tom, Jon and Bio." "She's cutting down then." Amy added, getting a few laughs. Before anyone could continue, there was a loud demonic roar from outside, and as everyone ran out, they saw something that none of them ever thought existed erupting from the ground. Only Anaetheron and Cybos recognised it, and they were both white as sheets. "What's that?" Shadow asked, and Anaetheron managed to respond. "The Boss Brain!" Before he and Cybos bolted indoors and up to one of the windows. "Cowards." Dark shouted, but Piccard hushed him. "They'll provide cover up there." Just then, they heard a demonic voice. "Yes, I am the boss brain, last remaining member of SHODAN's team before the great one herself!" He roared, causing nearby crowds to run in panic, but they soon reappeared. "I intend to last longer than those of the past that you fought." Piccard growled as the boss brain continued. "The Phobos Baron's, The Deimos Cyberdemon, the Spider mastermind, they were all child's play, prepare to face the ultimate challenge!"

"Clear the area!" Piccard yelled as the others ran to help fleeing families and crowd members. "Another age old Arrowsmith problem shows." The boss brain smirked and started chanting in a demonic tongue, and without any notice, a small box with skulls on it shot from his head. "What the?" Dark said, but then as the box formed into a revenant and another box came from the brain's head, Piccard primed his shotgun. "It can summon monsters, defend yourselves!" Bio yelled as he whipped out his shard and got into a battle stance as a Mancubus materialised and he ran forward, bringing his shard down hard. "How many can it summon?" Knuckles shouted, and he heard Dark's voice shot, "As many as it likes." And Piccard's voice shouting, "Fantastic!" with more than a modest hint of sarcasm.

From the mansion, Anaetheron and Cybos looked on as the boss brain kept firing off more monsters for the group to deal with. "We'd better not get down there." Anaetheron said as he opened the window, and Cybos got wind of what he meant as he aimed his launcher at a cacodemon that just appeared and he and Anaetheron let rip with several rockets and bolts that caused the demon to fall to the ground and emit a loud `plop' as it landed. "Good shot." Anaetheron commented as they watched another skull box take shape, and saw a Mancubus appear, but before they could fire, it saw them and sent several fireballs at the window, but the Doctor's force field took care of them.

On the ground, D'sparil opened a vortex to the spirit realm and called on his serpent a few disciples. The beast roared as he mounted it and he turned to his captain, which bore a different robe to the others. "Attack the demons but not the boss brain, we'll deal with him!" "Acknowledged!" The disciple captain replied as he took the disciples over to where Piccard and Antoine were holding the fort. D'sparil smiled under his hood as he turned back, and from on top of his serpent he could see into the eyes of the boss brain. "D'sparil," the brain shouted, "The betrayer who once served the great one! You will die with the rest of them!" He laughed as he launched another skull box, which activated in front of D'sparil, and a yellowish creature with large hands and feet appeared. "An arch-vile?" D'sparil shouted as the arch-vile's hands glowed yellow, and a flame surrounded D'sparil, "What is this?" "You'll see for yourself!" the demon shouted as the fire exploded and D'sparil yelled in pain as he was sent flying from the back of his serpent and to the ground in front of Bio. "You alright D?" "Uhn." D'sparil started as Bio helped him up and he dusted off the gold trim on his robe's sleeves. "I've felt better, but lets take out the arch-viles first!" "Allow me!" Bio shouted as he sheathed his staff and morphed his arm into the emerald blade. "Magic this away!" Bio shouted as he lunged and sliced the creature in half with a single strike.

Over the other side, Sonic and Shadow had compression rifles ready as they tackled groups of imps and demons. Tails stood back and seemed to like firing off fusion rounds, much to the boss brain's annoyance. Knuckles and Rogue stayed back and used martial arts on the unlucky close ones, and Amy just stayed back and battered anything that got too close to her. "Piccard where are you?" she asked herself as she flattened a demon, and heard a noise behind her. As she turned, she screamed as she felt a strong hand get a hold of her, and heard a grim voice, very similar to that of Anaetherons, saying, "Get any closer Arrowsmith and she gets it!" Piccard's eyes glowed blue, but before Amy could disappear, Piccard's spell was countered by a bright yellow flash, and Piccard saw an arch-vile smirking behind the baron, who still had a death grip on Amy.

Piccard suddenly smirked as he tapped his com badge, "Piccard to Doctor," "Doctor here." Piccard then started speaking in a foreign tongue, and then Amy dematerialised in a beam of orange light. "Thank the maker for my ability to speak French!" Piccard shouted as he sent a plasma volley forward and the baron and arch-vile collapsed in a pool of blood as Amy ran from the mansion, "what was that?" "I can speak a limited amount of French, but I'm not as fluent as boy-wonder over there." Piccard said as he gestured to Antoine, who was helping Elias with a pair of hell knights. "You're a disgrace!" One shouted to the window as Antoine clobbered his head in. "No, eet eez you who eez being the deesgrace!" Just then, Antoine heard clapping, and turned to see Elias. "Nice to see you getting in touch with your rage." Antoine blushed lightly as he and Elias continued.

Over with the others, Tom, Jon and Dark were doing a good job of keeping the boss brain distracted whilst the others came up with a strategy. "Any suggestions?" Tom shouted as he fired a laser round at a revenant that got too close. "I'm for the running away plan." Jon shouted as he unloaded an empty rifle clip and loaded up a fresh one, and Dark merely groaned. "I'm sensing a python sketch." Before he aimed his fist at an approaching cacodemon and yelled, "Pyrokenesis!" The usual flame ball shot out, but only fizzled out against it. "Damn!" Dark yelled as he had to dodge a lightning ball. "Fine, you resist fire, but can you resist ice?" Dark yelled as he opened his fist and pointed it skyward. "Cryokenisis!" He yelled, and a bright blue ball shot from his hand and floored the demon in one. "I don't just know powers associated with Darkness you know!"

Several minutes later, the action started to hot up, with more people having to retreat into the mansion to avoid taking injuries. The one that shocked everyone was that Dark was among the first to go, being hit by a revenant combo and a Mancubus threesome. "Detonation" Dark yelled from the window, and a small purple charge shot from the window and settled in the middle of the fight. "Now!" Piccard yelled from down below, and a rocket and an energy bolt impacted and caused the sphere to explode, taking out several demons with it. "Missing anything?" Came from another direction, and as Piccard turned, Metal sonic blazed past and tackled the boss brain head on, not doing any damage as he was thrown back and he regained his bearings.

"Metal Sonic," the boss brain started, "Former property of a doctor Julian Robotnik, you now belong to SHODAN, and you would do well to remember that!" "When hell freezes over!" Bio shouted as he ran forward to defend his friend. "Bio Piccard." The brain said as he swotted Bio away with a tentacle. (I know he doesn't have any, but when you complete DOOM 2, it says, `It's thrashing limbs devastating miles of hell.' Since it didn't have any limbs, I'll give him tentacles.) "SHODAN's ultimate creation, only beaten by the great one herself!" Bio didn't need to near any more, and fired an emerald pulse straight at him, and not dealing any damage at all.

After another hour of fighting, nearly everyone was back in the mansion, either tired or injured, and Bio was close to tiring when he noticed something out of the corner of his eye. "Rogue!" Bio shouted, as he noticed the bat on the floor with a baron over her, ready to deal the final blow. "Hey ugly!" both the Baron and Rogue looked over as Bio jumped over and endured the full force of the barons hit, bringing the emerald blade up and slicing him in half. "Don't mess with me!" Bio said as he collapsed to his knees and clutched his stomach. "Bio," He looked over and saw Rogue staring him in the eyes, "Why'd you do that?" "As Piccard and Dark would," Bio began with an air of pride, "I too would do anything to save my friends." Rogue smiled as Bio helped her up, "Thanks," She said as she kissed him on the cheek again and walked back to the mansion. "Bio!" He turned to see D'sparil diving off his serpent, which in turn fell to the ground. "You're weak!" The boss brain shouted as he wrapped a tentacle around D'sparil, who disappeared in a flash of black. "Where have you taken him?" Bio shouted, but was greeted by another tentacle, "The same place where you're going!" He said as Bio vanished. After doing this, he started to lower himself back into the ground. "Bring them back!" Piccard yelled as he ran over, and managed to dive down the hole before it completely reformed. "Piccard!" Amy screamed as Dark summoned a large viewscreen outside the mansion. "We can watch them on this. I have a vague idea I know where he's taken them!" Dark shouted as those in there ran out of the mansion and joined the crowd in watching the action on the screen.

(Those of you who are knowledgeable will recognise this as a quick run-through of Map30 of DOOM 2

Bio and D'sparil found themselves in a room with several different weapons on the floor. "What the?" D'sparil started, but before he could move, they both heard a scream, and looked up just in time to see Piccard land on them. "Nice of you to drop in." Bio said as he crawled out. "Sorry." "Where are we?" Bio asked, but D'sparil answered. "We're in the icon of sin, the boss brains home. The only way out if you aren't on the same team is to kill him." Piccard reached into his back pocket and pulled out a pad as Bio and D'sparil inspected the weapons. "Computer, display all logs on the boss brain." "Accessing, one log found, author: David Arrowsmith." "Display." Piccard said as he pressed a button, and a single sentence appeared on the screen.

"His weakness is in the name, exploit it with rockets."

"What the heck does that mean?" Bio shouted as he picked up a double-barrel shotgun. "This is good quality, any idea who's it was." Suddenly, they heard Piccard's voice screaming behind them, and turned to see him staring at one of the bodies hanging on the wall. It was torn to pieces, but the head could still be made out, but only just. "Who is it?" "It's my dad." Piccard said, tears flowing from his eyes as he lowered his head. "That's it!" he said after a minute, and Bio and D'sparil noticed him use an emerald that he pocketed. "The boss brain's given me a reason to kill it!" Before either of them could say anything, Piccard grabbed the rocket launcher from the floor, dived into the box of rockets and then through the portal. Bio walked up and took a closer look at the corpse. "This is my real dad?" "Looks like it." D'sparil said as he put a hand on bio's shoulder. "Why don't I feel any remorse or sadness?" "You never knew him," D'sparil said, "You wouldn't be expected to feel remorse for someone you never met." "I suppose." Bio said as he picked up the pack on the floor and slung it over his back, then he started picking up weapons and packing them, but as he came to the last one, he just held it in his hands. "Now this is what I'm talking about!" Bio shouted as he held the large grey gun in his hands, "What is it?" "According to this pad." D'sparil started as he looked it over and found a match, "that is the BFG 900, the ultimate UAC weapon, specially designed to clear rooms of enemies." "I like the sound of that!" Bio shouted as he ran through the teleporter. D'sparil only shook his head as he walked through.

The first thing that the warlock heard was an ear piercing scream from the boss brain, and as D'sparil looked around, he saw Piccard on top of a tall pillar in the centre of an area that was filled with radiation, and Bio was to D'sparil's left, adding more enemies to the piles that Piccard left. "What kept you guys?" Piccard shouted as he fired another rocket, getting another scream, "I've been pummelling him for ten minutes!" "Keep it up!" The boss brain shouted through screams, "If you kill me then none of you will get out alive!" "That's a risk we're prepared to take!" Piccard shouted as he drew the elvenwand from his back and started firing crystals into the boss brain's head.

"I found his weakness!" Piccard shouted. "Look at his head, that patch." Indeed, the other two looked up to see Piccard firing crystals into a patch on the boss brain's head that was pulled back by chains, and there was a clear path into his head. "My dad's log said the weakness was in the name." Piccard said as he fired a charged crystal into the hole, and heard an ear-piercing scream as exploding starting flying across the boss brains face. "You may have beaten me!" He shouted as a tentacle flew forward and impaled Piccard through the stomach. "But you're going with me! Let's see how your friends deal with SHODAN and the federation now!" He said as he exploded into oblivion, and Piccard yelled in pain as the explosion channelled itself into him through the tentacle, but Bio pulled him off before another explosion made the tentacle explode, and if Piccard would have still been attached, he would now be all over the place. "What the f***?" D'sparil shouted, Bio and Piccard looked over to see the place starting to fall apart. "We have to go now!" Piccard and Bio nodded as D'sparil started waving his staff, but couldn't open a portal, "Damn, he put up blockers!" He shouted as he sheathed his staff, and Bio stepped up. "I know me transportation magic's shaky, but I'll try!" D'sparil nodded as he started chanting and a dark gold pulse shot out and into Bio, "My power should help increase your chances." "As will mine." As Bio turned, a bright blue beam hit him and Piccard looked on, "Piccard," Bio began, "You need that to heal!" "Get me back to the mansion and we'll talk about it there." Piccard said as the blue beam started to waiver.

Suddenly, there was a loud crash and the tower in the middle of the room smashed and collapsed on top of the group's position, but Bio managed to get them out a split second before it happened. The next thing they knew, they were back in front of the mansion as the three of them collapsed. "Wow, that was intense." Bio said as he blacked out. "Never knew the legions of hell could be that bad!" Piccard said as he fainted, noticing the Doctor running over with his medi-kit before his vision went black. D'sparil managed to prop himself on his staff, slowly sliding down as he started panting heavily. "Exhausting." He commented as he lay on the floor and allowed his hood to fall from his head as he rubbed his arm over a hefty cut on his head. "That smarts!" After doing this, he noticed the crowds staring in shock at his robe, which bore many cuts and slashes over the red areas, but surprisingly, the gold cuffs and the golden crossed trident emblem on the front hadn't even been damaged. As D'sparil lay back and closed his eyes, he felt himself drifting into unconsciousness, and the last thing he knew was the Doctor saying, "I'll treat you in a minute, D'sparil."

Several hours later, D'sparil woke to find that he was still in the middle of the former battle area, and Bio was standing and helping Piccard up. "Nice to see you all again." "You were only out for around 8 hours." D'sparil bought his arm to his head, and immediately noticed that there wasn't a golden cuff. "Where's my robe?" "Magic's repairing it." Piccard told him as D'sparil looked himself over and saw that he was wearing his bodysuit. (In Heretic he never appeared without a robe so I'm making this up!) "God above!" D'sparil said as he stood up. "One thing, why are we still out here?" D'sparil asked, and Bio pointed behind him, and as the warlock turned, he noticed the crowd of fans. "Forget I asked." He said as they all ran forward.

As they re-entered the mansion, Bio had to let go of Piccard as he noticed Amy coming over, and Bio felt a hand at his shoulder, and as he turned he saw Rogue. "Thanks." "For what?" Bio asked with a certain air of confusion. "Saving me back there." Bio somehow managed a smile. "Anytime." He said as Rogue smiled and walked up to him. "I know just how to say thanks properly." She told him, and before Bio could ask what she meant, his eyes shot open as her lips came into contact with his. From the other side of the room, D'sparil looked over at bio, and then to Piccard. "Was that lesson 2?" "No," Piccard began, "But he seems to be doing well on his own." He said as he turned back to Amy. "You fought very well out there before Piccard." "As did you, but it was Bio and D'sparil that saved my life out there, so you'd better thank them as well."

There we go, the boss brain has fallen. Not my most detailed action chapter yet, and I feel I repeated myself lots of times, but that's what a lot of people do if they can't think. Anyway, enough about me, how was it? Good, bad, interesting as a three-day seminar entitled `the history of plumbing'? Please review!

Piccard, tired as hell! /\/**