Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 49: A video unveiled, go crazy guys! ( Chapter 50 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap. 49 - A video unveiled, will friendships change?

By: Piccard

Well, two in one day again? I must love writing this! You see, for me, the challenge of writing a fic is mystifying, yet, fulfilling at the same time. (I sound like the Doc giving a lecture!) Anyway, here's chapter 48, and it has the usual R-content.) BTW, if you find it odd that I gave them all the UAC weapons as they entered the Icon of sin, don't worry about it, as at the start of the level, you do find yourself in a room with every weapon, tons of ammo and a backpack.

------------------------------- /\/**

Disclaimer: Right, here's a list of things from this fic that I own: Light, Dark and Bio Piccard's, Tom Brown, Jonathan Andrews, Anaetheron the Hell Knight, Cybos the Cyberdemon, R-396 the Cyber Assassin, Michael Beurke the badger (Not the real one!), Gvnr. Wolfgang Amadeus Taylon, Cmndr. Neil Carter, Reginald, David and Jar'din Arrowsmiths (Even though they don't appear, they only get mentioned. (Except for Jar'din.)) and the USS Lebanon. If you see anything that doesn't match what's above, then it's not mine!

Cross over children? Great, the human alliance employed the green cross man!

------------------------------- /\/**

As Piccard put the pad on the dresser, he closed his eyes and began to think. `This just keeps getting more and more interesting, but what I want to know most was what was on that video that Jon asked me to give to Michael.' After Piccard closed his eyes, he drifted into a light sleep, and was awakened by Amy shaking him. "Hi sweet thing." Piccard said with a grin, getting a light blush. "What time is it?" "8:30!" "Blimey!" Piccard said as he sprang up, "Today passed quick!" "Well you slept for most of it," She began, "Jon called everyone down and said that there's something on T.V. that we all might be interested in." `Bet it has something to do with that video!' Piccard thought as they both walked out and as they entered the front room, saw Jon on the T.V. screen with Michael. "Now I rang Jon earlier in the week," Michael began, "And asked him to get a video of what happened at the mansion, well, I suggest you find a tape to record this on, as it's gonna be a collector's item. Anyway, we'll be playing it after this break!" As the adverts started, uneasy looks went around the occupants of the mansion, and the silence lingered in the air until the news resumed.

"Now," Michael began, "This content might not be suitable for younger viewers." "Slight being an understatement." They heard Jon say, and Michael continued, "Indeed, now I hope you all have your recorders ready, cause here's the video, and don't panic, there are no adverts!" Michael said with an air of excitement, and as Piccard thought, power wavered as millions of people were pressing record, and Jon's face appeared on the screen. "Hi, this is Weapons Technician Jonathan Andrews of the mansion. Michael asked me to get a video on the daily life around here. I can't tell you yet what'll happen, but as Piccard often says, `It may not be orthodox,' what ever the hell that means I never asked him!"

Gradually the camera panned out to a shot of Piccard in bed. "This is the `fearless'," They all detected the sarcasm in his voice, "marine whilst asleep, don't worry we can be as loud as we want, he's a sound sleeper you know." The clock on the camera said 7:30 there, and the next scene was 7:32, and was of someone else asleep in bed, but this one wasn't alone. "Here's Dark and Tikal." The two in question blushed like mad, "Obviously feeling the effects of a hard night's shagging." "It's a wonder he still uses British words." Piccard speculated.

Now the camera clock read 8:01, and on it was Tom, who was in the shower, singing a song that most others would have preferred to keep quiet. "Here we have Tom doing the finer things in life, singing along to old Beatles hits." The camera then zoomed in on the steamed up shower door, and Tom's voice could quite clearly be heard singing `She loves you' with all the correct voice tones. As expected, the real Tom was bright red, "How'd he get in, I thought I locked that?" "If you did," Dark started, "Then I'm worried about what else he got on here."

The camera clock zoomed to 8:36 and it was back on Piccard, "Still asleep?" Jon could be heard saying, "where does he get the energy from?" Sniggering could be heard as a glare was notice on Piccard's face by the observers. Then the camera cut to downstairs and the timer went to 8:41. "Here's Bio and D'sparil, talking about this and that." The camera seemed to zoom on the two, but no words could be heard because of the distance. Bio seemed to say something that made the warlock laugh, and the camera fizzled out with Jon's voice going "Boring!" Next thing they knew the clock said 9:00. "Here come's Anaetheron and Cybos, acting civilised, but wait until they see the trap I set." Jon could be heard sniggering as the camera followed the two in, and as they sat at the table, their chairs gave way and they both hit the floor with a loud "Ow!" But before they could stand up, they were hit on the head with hammers and both fell into unconsciousness. "So he did it!" Cybos roared as his launcher charged, "Calm down." Cybos turned to see R-396, and his launcher immediately powered down. "I just get worked up some times." Piccard chuckled and glanced at Dark, who only glanced back with a sweatdrop evident.

Next thing, the clock said 9:54. "I skipped breakfast as nothing interesting happened." Jon said as he walked into the front room and saw Bio talking with Antoine. "Morning guys." "Morning Jon." They both said as Jon sat down opposite. "What cha talking about?" "Zeez SHODAN's true intention." "Isn't it obvious?" Bio stated. "World Domination?" "No Jon," Bio said, "Global annihilation! She isn't interested in the planet, just the life on it." "So she wants us as cyborgs?" "Correct." Bio said as he shut his eyes. "She won't even get past Piccard, ahm sure about zat!" Antoine said, but Jon spoke up. "We can but hope, but Piccard is only human after all, there is a very slim chance that he might fall." There was about five seconds silence before Jon spoke up, "Antoine, can you explain something to me?" "Ah'll try." "How come there were noises from our room last night?" The coyote on the screen, as well as the one watching, turned bright red, and the camera fizzled out there. "Ah theenk you ahll know why!" Antoine said, still bright red.

The screen clock now said 10:01, and Sonic and Shadow were having yet another argument consisting of the word faker. "The usual informative morning argument," Jon could be heard saying, "Where we attempt to find out who is the faker, but we never do!" just as it got interesting, the doctor injected something into Sonic, and D'sparil hit Shadow with a stun pulse. "Well we had to stop you somehow." The warlock said as he picked up his robe and walked back over to the couch, pulling it on and adjusting the hood slightly as he sat down. Then they heard D'sparil's voice from the screen as the clock said 10:32. "Now D'sparil will, ahem," Jon's voice cut off as D'sparil loaded up a menu of programs and chose one of Piccard's, "Attempt the famous Monty Python Parrot sketch." (Can you tell I love it?) He failed miserably, but got several laughs from the people watching now. "Oh come on," the warlock protested, "I can't do comedy!" "Well I'm sure you'll learn." Piccard said as they turned back to the screen, and were greeted by a weirder sight.

The clock said 11:00, and the camera was on a tree outside the back of the mansion, and it had a clear view of a naked Rogue, who was getting dressed. "I know guy's who'd pay good money for this footage!" Jon said with glee as the camera against the window, but then Rogue reached over and opened the window, causing Jon to yell as he fell, and as the camera hit the ground, there was a loud "Oomph!" In the front room, the bat wasn't even phased, but looked deep in thought. "I thought I heard something when I opened the window." Now the screen said 11:21, and Jon's voice could be heard quite happy. "The impossible has happened, Piccard is awake!" "Shut up!" Piccard's voice could be heard saying. "What's with the casual clothes?" "Isn't there a first time for everything?"

The next thing the camera knew, it said 12:58, and there was a huge bang as the others ran outside and Jon bought the camera to his face. "Must be a battle, I'll put you in a window so you don't get seen or damaged, or both." He said as the camera settled on a window and Jon's voice could be heard in the background saying, "Where's my rifle?" Before the sound of a gun being loaded was heard, and the door being slammed, and for the next hour and a bit, all that there was footage of was the fight against the boss brain, and after Bio and D'sparil were dragged down and Piccard jumped, Jon could be seen running past the camera, and several seconds later, the camera started moving and he bought it up to his face. "Match analysis, we won, but Bio, D'sparil and Piccard have gone who-knows-where to finish it off!" As the group watched this, they wondered just how Jon had the skill to move around without being detected, or without hearing the camera whirring. The clock now read 3:30 and Jon was outside with the others tending to the injuries sustained by Bio, D'sparil and Piccard at the Icon of Sin. "Well we'll be a while here, this isn't casualty you know."

The next time shot was around 8:23, and Jon was in the mansion's doorway with the camera pointed at his face. "Sorry that I skipped so much of the day, but not a lot happened during this time. People either helped treat the others or kept the press and that away." Suddenly, a pink arm appeared in camera shot and Amy's voice could he heard as she dragged Jon, who held onto the camera for dear life. "They're awake." "I can see that." They heard Jon's voice say as the camera moved to the side so that Bio, D'sparil and Piccard were allowed to get back to the mansion, and after the camera got Amy glomping Piccard, he moved back and started pointing it around the room, getting Rogue kissing Bio and Amy kissing D'sparil, who now looked afraid of what Piccard might do. "Don't panic." Piccard said after seeing the look on the warlocks face. "You aren't mad?" "I suggested that she needed to thank you, it was her that decided on that." But D'sparil wasn't counting on the part where Bio tried to drag him up and all he could say were, "Pink hedgehogs," and "Look at the pretty lights." As Bio dragged him out, they heard his voice saying, "Dude, I don't know what you smoked, but whatever it is, I want some!" "Joke!" Bio assured them, but they had their doubts. "Why don't they believe me?" "Beats me." The Doctor told him.

Now the clock said 9:10, and almost instantly, the camera was bombarded by the worst possible music imaginable. "Oh god!" Jon yelled as the camera moved backwards, "It's worse than Piccard and Tom's Beatles karaoke sessions! The Doctor's doing opera!" Indeed, the E.M.H was on the screen singing one of his favourites. (I have no idea what it's called, but it's the one he sang at the start of the episode `Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy') Just then, Piccard ran down with a holo-dagger. "Forgot I had this, been in my pack since we got to the planet!" Piccard said as he ran in, and the singing stopped about three seconds later. "Phew." They heard Jon's voice say as he started up the stairs to the upper levels of the mansion.

As the camera came to 10:58, Jon had just checked the computer as to who was in the holodeck when the camera picked up weak french cries. "Now, we're going to see how the French conduct themselves during, erm, diplomatic negotiations." They heard Jon's voice say as the camera moved around the door, and there for all to see were Antoine and Bunnie going at it like mad, and they heard Jon's voice say, "Now here we have the master swordsman Antoine showing Bunnie how good he really is with his weapon." "Well, well." Piccard said to the reddening Coyote and Rabbit. "Queet eet!" Antoine shouted, but the cries on the screen got louder and he just hung his head low. After a couple of minutes, the camera moved out and over to the holodeck door. "We shall see what the two single men do in their spare time." They heard him say as he want in and crouched behind a rock. "As you can see, they have very boring lives when they aren't training, and this is the only tape in existence which shows D'sparil," He gestured to the warlock in the camera shot, "Without his robe, so savour it!" A sweatdrop was evident under the warlocks hood as the camera left the holodeck and went to the next door along, and people knew whose room it was as they all heard Piccard going, "Oh god!" "Well, now you lucky people get to see how Piccard and Amy pass the time!" they heard Jon's voice say as the camera poked around the door, and there for all were the marine and the hedgehog going at it, and the camera picked up every word they said. "Well," Antoine started, "Now whoze blusheeing?" "Shut up!" Although, they all had to laugh when Piccard spoke to jon without even turning around.

Then the camera stopped as they heard another familiar voice, and it turned to get Tom in it's line of vision. "What are you doing?" "Well," Jon began, "Michael rang me from the newsroom and asked me to get footage of what goes on around here for their Saturday night show tomorrow. Tom smirked, "I trust you have, erm, interesting footage." "You bet." They heard before a roar came into the camera, and Jon's voice could be heard again. "Now we happen to be outside the room of Anaetheron Jil'Ardeen and Mina mongoose, another pair, lets see what they're up to." But when he got there and poked the camera around the door, he noticed that there was nothing going on and pulled the camera back slightly disappointed. "Unfortunately we missed anything on that front." He commented as the camera moved downstairs.

The first thing they saw was a door opening and Dark and Cybos stepped out, "What were you two doing?" "Creating a surprise for Piccard." Dark said as he pointed in. "Think he'll like the armoury?" The camera looked in, and there for all to see were all the weapons that they'd obtained by one method or another, be they UAC, marine grade or federation issue, they were there. "What do you think?" "I think it's very practical, but what do the viewers think?" they heard Jon's voice say, and then Dark saw the camera for the first time. "What's that for?" Jon told him the story and what he'd got so far. Dark and Cybos only laughed as Jon finished, "They're seriously gonna play that?" "We'll see tomorrow night!" They heard Jon say as the camera looked up at the clock, and they noticed that the times matched, 11:17.

"Where does the time go?" suddenly a bang filled the speakers as the camera moved out, and Tom shouted, "What the hell?" as he barged the door open. Then a charred form of Rogue appeared. "I only tried for a snack, but whatever I use, it blows up!" She said as she staggered past, but Tom shouted to her. "Rogue?" "Yes?" "Erm, how can I say this?" Tom said, an obvious shade of red, "Well?" "Your clothes seemed to get nuked in the blast!" The camera watched Rogue check herself over, and she only shrugged as she walked off, with the camera trailing her down the hall with a firm lock on her ass. "Now it's collector's footage," Jon said in triumph, "Hope you hit your record buttons, who knows when they'll play this again?"

Next thing, the camera said 12:39, and Jon was sitting on his bed, in his Starfleet uniform. "Well that's a day at the mansion, hope it was informative. If you didn't hit record this time, don't worry; I'm sure they'll show it again." He said as he lay down and reached a hand above the camera. "So for now I'll say adios and end in the same words that Piccard uses: Jon Andrews, signing off!"

The camera cut back to the newsroom and Michael was packing everything up. "Well there we have it, but if you didn't record it don't worry as we'll be repeating it tomorrow at nine. Anyway, my thanks to Jonathan Andrews for joining us," the camera panned to Jon, who just waved, "and I wish you all a, what's that?" Jon turned to see a blue effluence, and Piccard stepped out. "I must say it was very informative, but a bit too revealing." Jon shuffled his feet as Piccard continued. "We don't mind you playing that video, or making them, but do us a favour and ask in future." Jon only nodded as Piccard gestured to the portal and he walked through, pausing to say, "Bye" to the camera and Michael. "Well that was an unexpected ending." Michael said, "And it's one that might happen more often if he brings in more like that. Don't worry, we'll go easy on him." Piccard said as he went through, and that night, Jon was tied up with rope and suspended from the top of the stairs, but they kept him the right way up so that he wouldn't faint. "What did I do to deserve this!" He wailed, but no one heard, as they had all been asleep for several hours already, it was 2:24am!

Well that was a good chapter, quite a hard topic to think of stuff for, but that's my attempt. Two in one day again, not bad! Anyway, how was it? Good, bad, entertaining as a borg drone with MSBlast? (Bad taste Tom! Tom - You typed it! Don't blame us!) Please review!

Piccard logging off! /\/**