Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 50: A hell of a surprise, but the Sonic team can cope! ( Chapter 51 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap. 50 - A hell of a surprise, but the Sonic team can cope!

By: Piccard

Has it really been that many chapters already? I feel like I have one of the longest stories on the site (In word-count anyway). Speaking of which, what is the longest story on the site? Anyway, here comes chapter 50, and if you think that the concept is a little wacky, tell me afterwards.

------------------------------- /\/**

Disclaimer: My best one was last chapter! See that if you want! (It's no. 50, I'll be civilised for once!)

It shall be done? What shall?

------------------------------- /\/**

The camera cut back to the newsroom and Michael was packing everything up. "Well there we have it, but if you didn't record it don't worry as we'll be repeating it tomorrow at nine. Anyway, my thanks to Jonathan Andrews for joining us," the camera panned to Jon, who just waved, "and I wish you all a, what's that?" Jon turned to see a blue effluence, and Piccard stepped out. "I must say it was very informative, but a bit too revealing." Jon shuffled his feet as Piccard continued. "We don't mind you playing that video, or making them, but do us a favour and ask in future." Jon only nodded as Piccard gestured to the portal and he walked through, pausing to say, "Bye" to the camera and Michael. "Well that was an unexpected ending." Michael said, "And it's one that might happen more often if he brings in more like that. Don't worry, we'll go easy on him." Piccard said as he went through, and that night, Jon was tied up with rope and suspended from the top of the stairs, but they kept him the right way up so that he wouldn't faint. "What did I do to deserve this!" He wailed, but no one heard, as they had all been asleep for several hours already, it was 2:24am!

SHODAN was just coming to grips with the fact that all of her allies, minus the federation, were now six feet under, and she was doing an impressive job of leaving dents in the wall where her head seemed to collide with it. "Erm, SHODAN." She turned to her avatar, sweatdropping at the fact that the all powerful was slamming her head into a wall. "The outpost reports that they're back up to full strength." "First piece of good news for three days!" SHODAN mock cheered as she slammed her head into the wall one last time and got up. "Why do I hire them? They're all useless!" "Well," The avatar started, "You wanted allies that existed through the Arrowsmith timeline, you didn't say that they had to be any good." Just as SHODAN was about to go over and bash the avatar's head in for that remark, something on one of the screens caught her eye. "What the?" She said as she looked at the monitor for the Icon of Sin. "I thought that Arrowsmith nuked him?" "He did," The avatar walked up and looked at the monitor, "What's going on?" "I'd like to know myself." SHODAN said as she moved to the communicator and pressed a button. "Icon of Sin, what the hell's going on down there?" There was no response apart from a massive roar. "I don't like the look of this." The avatar commented as she and SHODAN walked out and into the lift opposite. "Mech. Assembly." SHODAN said and the lift started moving. When the doors finally opened, there were a heap of security and maintenance bots working on two very familiar corpses. One was a pair of bloodstained metal boots, and the other was the frame of a large mechanical spider. "How long until they're rebuilt?" "Around 10 hours, then they'll both be up and running." A security bot told her as SHODAN started looking around. "This had better work." She muttered to herself.

Around four hours later at the mansion, Piccard opened his eyes and looked at the clock, 7:50. "God above," Piccard started as he pulled himself up and grabbed his dressing gown, "Time does not exist before 9:30!" He muttered as he walked to the door and started down the stairs. "Morning Jon," He said without even looking up, "Nice night?" The technician looked down and could tell that Piccard was smirking, "What do you think? You and the others strung me up, leaving me tied up all night!" "I thought you wanted that sort of thing in life." Piccard said, getting a very sarcastic laugh in return as he moved to the replicator in the front room and created his regulation cup of Earl Grey. "Don't worry." Piccard said as he walked back out. "I'm sure we'll get you down later." "Phht!" Jon said, "Yeah, later!"

Just then, they heard the front door down the hall shutting, and Piccard saw Sonic shaking some water from his quills. "It's wet out there." He said as he walked over, "Even at sonic speed, it's impossible not to get wet." "I noticed." Piccard said as he brushed away a small drop of water from his nose as they both walked into the front room, despite Jon saying, "Can you get me down now?" Piccard groaned as he fell to the sofa, and immediately took up a lying position as Sonic just sat opposite. (SHOCK! You'd expect Sonic to lie down wouldn't you?) "God it's too early to do anything." Piccard complained as he closed his eyes. The next thing he knew, he was pelted with stray chilli as a hungry hedgehog was pigging out on everything that the replicator could create that involved the words `Chilli' and `Dog' "Don't you get tired of those?" Piccard asked as he dived behind the sofa, "Do you ever tire of Earl Grey?" "Good point!" Piccard conceded as he got back up, filling the room with a white glow to remove all the chilli. "So how'd you and the others become heroes then?" Piccard asked, and seemed to get the hedgehogs attention, as he turned with half a chilli dog sticking out of his mouth. "We saved the world from Dr. Robotnik a number of times." Piccard raised an eyebrow, but Sonic knew what was wrong. "You know him as Julian." "What?" Piccard started "The egg shaped one was obsessed with world domination." Sonic chuckled at this before carrying on. "He had many different plans. His first involved capturing small animals and putting them in robots, then he tried to build a space station, but that came crashing down," Sonic spent the next ten minutes telling Piccard about all of Julian's old plans, and when he finished, Piccard was feigning sleep. "Hey!" "I was awake." Piccard said as he mocked yawned and sat up to see Sonic smirking. "There is one reason why I'm grateful you turned up." "Why?" "Amy." Piccard wanted to question what Sonic meant, but the blue one just kept talking, "Ever since I first met her, she's been chasing me around and trying to get me to say that I love her, but I never did." Piccard raised an eyebrow as Sonic continued, "She always used to get me in those bear hugs that she seems to have grown out of now, but now that you're here, we've been able to talk like regular hedgehogs, without her talking about marriage." "She hasn't mentioned that to me yet." Piccard said as he lay back and for the next hour they continued to talk about various things. Suddenly, they heard a cutting sound and a yell as something hit the floor with an almighty `thud' before Jon staggered in. "Why didn't you help me?" "I liked to see you suffer." Piccard said as he went to the replicator and refilled his cup. Jon looked to Sonic. "What?" "Why didn't you help me?" "Dunno." Sonic said as he stretched out. "How did you get down?" "I gnawed through the rope!"

Upstairs around two hours later, the Doctor was in the holodeck with Tuvok. They'd called up the Voyager A and were sitting in the Astrometrics lab, checking over scans. "Doctor, can I ask a question?" "By all means commander." The Doctor said as he turned. "Why haven't you told anyone here that we're just holograms?" "To be honest," The Doctor began, "I'm not sure how you'd all take it." "An extremely confusing analogy." Tuvok began, "To not tell us what we are just to keep us in a stable frame of mind is illogical." The Doctor sighed as the holodeck door opened and Anaetheron walked in. "Missing anything?" "Yes," Tuvok said as he started pressing buttons, "We stayed up all night, and with the help of Voyager's staff, we managed to reconfigure the Astrometrics sensors to detect federation signatures." He said as a large flashing dot appeared on the screen. "The Lebanon?" "Anaetheron enquired, and was greeted with a "Bingo." from the Doctor. "We'd better tell Piccard and get ready." Tuvok said as the three of them dashed out.

Downstairs, they noticed Dark was talking Piccard through how he'd managed to create the armoury with Cybos's help. "Light, there's a button!" Dark said, and the group had to laugh as Piccard tugged at one of the two compression rifles. "I knew that!" Piccard said as he pressed the button at the side and the weapon just fell into his hand. "You always do things the hard way don't you?" Piccard only growled as he picked up the gun and turned. "Can we help?" Tuvok stood firm and crossed his arms behind his back. "We detected the Lebanon on an intercept course with the mansion, ETA in 15 minutes." "We can't wake everyone in time!" Piccard said as he ran into the lounge and tripped over the sofa, rolling head over heels and yelling when he smashed into the replicator. "Bugger it, my head!" Piccard shouted as he stood up and pressed a button. "Tea, Earl Grey, Hot!" "Is that all you drink?" Piccard turned to face the Doctor, "Only that and cola!" "Oh my god a miracle!" Dark shouted, "He drinks things other than tea!" "Shut your face!" "How can we wake everyone up though?" Sonic said, and the Doctor stood and puffed his chest out. "I know how!" He shouted, and Piccard, Dark and Jon knew exactly what was going to happen. "Bail!" They all shouted as Piccard grabbed Sonic, Jon grabbed the Doctor and Dark grabbed Tuvok as they all went over the couch, and they were right as the Doctor immediately launched into an operatic number, and as they predicted, within five minutes, everyone else was up, dressed and trying to get him to shut up.

It took them a few minutes to explain what was going on, and just as they were about to run out of the door, the TV beeped. Then they heard a voice and saw a familiar figure on the bridge of the Lebanon. "This is Gvnr. Taylon of the USS Lebanon." "Achtung Wolfy!" Piccard said whilst doing the Hitler salute, and as he expected, the Governor started glaring. "I wish you'd stop taking the piss out of my nationality freak," He started, "But just this once I'll respond." He also did the salute. "Achtung Freaky!"

(Bio - Congrats guys! We've now lost our German audience! Jon - "Oh shit!" Me - Don't worry, I don't mean to offend, now can we get back to the fic? Tom - "Very well.")

"There now that we're acting partially civil to each other," Piccard started, "Mind telling me why you're attacking again?" "I never told you freak and I never intended too." The governor said as they heard he voice of Cmndr. Carter. "We're in range sir." "Very good, start transport." He turned back to the screen. "We're giving you another assault, but not members of our crew. SHODAN supplied us with a new weapon." "But SHODAN just trying to," Piccard started, but he noticed that the screen had gone blank as the window on their right was broken by phaser fire.

As they ran out, they saw three different kinds of robots attacking the mansion. The smallest was completely grey, and seemed to attack with a spark welder, the next biggest had yellow stripes and was equipped with a phaser, and the largest was black and red and welded a fusion cannon. "Maintenance, Security and Assault druids," Dark speculated, "These models are invulnerable to bullets and highly resistant to energy." "Then allow us!" They heard a voice say from behind them, and as they turned, they had to jump back as a blue buzz saw shot past and cut a maintenance bot to shreds. "Typical of the faker." They heard Shadow say, "Hogging all the action for himself." Just like that, Shadow curled up and buzz sawed his way forward as well. Piccard turned to Tails, "Are they always like this?" "Well," Tails started, "This is the first chance they've had to battle bots since Robotnik was beaten, I think they were suffering withdrawal symptoms." Piccard had to laugh, and then noticed Tails twisting his namesake behind him before taking off into the air and flying towards the action. "And you aren't?" Piccard muttered to himself as he watched the flying fox.

As Piccard watched things in front of him, he looked up and noticed the hull of the Lebanon hovering overhead, but what caught his eye more were two forms gliding through the air towards the fight. "Now I've seen everything." Piccard said as he watched Knuckles and Rogue heading towards the scrap, and as he turned Amy shot past with her hammer outstretched. "Amy," Piccard shouted, and the hedgehog turned, "Be careful, they can pack a punch." She only nodded as she turned back and started running once again, and Piccard heard a definite whack as her hammer made contact with something. "They're all suffering withdrawal." Dark speculated as he moved over to Piccard, "They need the practice," Piccard started, "We've been hogging all the attention since we got here. They gotta be recognised as well." Dark only nodded as they heard a familiar voice and they turned to see D'sparil running out with his staff outstretched. "Missing anything?" "Of course, we're just watching Sonic and Co. beat the hell out of the bots of SHODAN." D'sparil looked up and had a look of disgust on his face. "What are they doing here?" "They're allied with SHODAN," Dark told him, "They believe that they're getting something out of it." "Wait until they find out why she did it." D'sparil said as he started practicing with his staff.

As they looked on at the dust cloud in the centre of the street, various robotic parts flew every which way, and grunts could be heard as occasionally a head popped out, shouted something and then went back in. "They're gonna be all day." Piccard said, but then noticed Antoine crawling out. "Eetz ahll goeeing well, keep watcheeng!" and Dark had to laugh as a robotic hand grabbed one of Antoine's legs and dragged him back in as he screamed. "That was weird." Bio said as he just stared on. Suddenly, Sonic flew out of the cloud and smashed into Bio, send ing them both to the floor, and Sonic sprang up. "No Shadow, hit them not me!" He shouted as he sped back, bowling bots every which way as D'sparil helped Bio off the floor. "You alright?" "Speeding hedgehog's should be illegal." He said, causing D'sparil to suppress a laugh.

It took the sonic team another ten minutes to completely batter the robotic army, and when the dust cloud finally settled, robotic debris lay every where, and while they all congratulated each other and listened to various praises from the alliance, D'sparil noticed Tails walking around picking up robotic parts. "What are you doing?" D'sparil asked as he bounded over, and immediately noticed that Tails felt uncomfortable, "Perhaps you'd feel easier talking to a face." The warlock said as he pulled his hood back, and Tails got his first good look at the warlock. The man looked around his mid twenties, his brown hair seemed to have a mind of it's own, as half of it came down over his face, and he had to keep brushing it from his red eyes. "It seems a shame to waste these weapons." Tails started as he picked up a spark welder. "so I'll try and convert them into hand-held versions." "Good thinking." They both turned to see Piccard. "We could always use extra weapons." "I'll get to work right away." He said happily as he tightly held what he had and bounded into the mansion. "That'll keep him busy for a while." Sonic said as he suddenly noticed the crowds.

Roughly half an hour later after dealing with them, the group were still outside. "It's been a while since fans last surrounded us." Sonic speculated. "You should be happy." He turned to Dark, "If one of us had been fighting, they'd all be around us." Before Sonic could respond, they heard a familiar voice from the Lebanon. "Damn you freak! Why must you persist against us?" Piccard was going to respond, but bio stepped in front of him. "Come on, F*** off Amadeus!" This did the trick, the Lebanon disappeared in a flash and everyone walked back into the mansion.

"I needed that exercise." Knuckles announced as they walked back in. "Exercise? You call that exercise?" "I do Antoine, just because you're not that good a fighter." "Ahem!" Antoine said as he struck a rather feeble pose. "Ah seem to recall zat ah saved your life before." Knuckles only sighed as Antoine fell over from trying to balance himself and he went upstairs. "Is knuckles always like this?" "not always Piccard," Sonic started, "He's just anti-social at times." Piccard only sniggered as he heard a voice behind him and turned to see Amy, "You did very well out there." Piccard told her, whilst thinking, `I didn't see you, but the number of times I heard hammer hits must have meant something.'

Some time later, they were all in the front room, either recounting about the bot-busting just or talking about previous fights before Piccard moved over to the replicator, he pressed a button and took something out, and as he turned, Jon and Dark were faking heart attacks. "Can it be true?" Dark managed to say, "That Piccard is not drinking the sacred Earl Grey?" jon finished before the two burst into laughter. "Honestly, if only they had a brain cell between them." Piccard said as he sat down, "It's only a coke." He tried to tell them, but they just kept it up. "You can't betray the tea like this!" "What if the other teas found out?" They kept up like this for around fifteen minutes, and in the end, Piccard just snapped. "SHUT THE F*** UP!!!" They both immediately shut up and sat down as Piccard continued, "Can't I have a bloody coke without you taking the piss?" Neither of them answered as Piccard downed it in one. "Happy?" They both muttered `yes', and as Piccard sat down, they heard a familiar female voice outside saying. "Irritant, we have a surprise for you!" "God above!" Piccard said as he stood up and started walking out.

There we go, there was chapter fifty, and if anyone felt offended I must apologise, but I wanted humour and that was all I could think of at the time. Well apart from that, how was it? Good, Bad, Interesting as Ian-Duncan Smith's Karaoke night? Please review!

Piccard, signing out! /\/**