Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 51: SHODAN’s surprise and a stand by Bio! ( Chapter 52 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap. 51 - SHODAN's surprise and a stand by Bio!

By: Piccard

Yes, after four days I update again, and withdrawal was running high! Here comes chapter 51, lacking the R stuff! I'M GETTING DIFFERENT WITHDRAWAL HERE!

---------------------------- /\/**

Disclaimer: Chap. 49 has all you'll ever need!

For Ironforge? I thought that was nuked!

---------------------------- /\/**

Some time later, they were all in the front room, either recounting about the bot-busting just or talking about previous fights before Piccard moved over to the replicator, he pressed a button and took something out, and as he turned, Jon and Dark were faking heart attacks. "Can it be true?" Dark managed to say, "That Piccard is not drinking the sacred Earl Grey?" jon finished before the two burst into laughter. "Honestly, if only they had a brain cell between them." Piccard said as he sat down, "It's only a coke." He tried to tell them, but they just kept it up. "You can't betray the tea like this!" "What if the other teas found out?" They kept up like this for around fifteen minutes, and in the end, Piccard just snapped. "SHUT THE F*** UP!!!" They both immediately shut up and sat down as Piccard continued, "Can't I have a bloody coke without you taking the piss?" Neither of them answered as Piccard downed it in one. "Happy?" They both muttered `yes', and as Piccard sat down, they heard a familiar female voice outside saying. "Irritant, we have a surprise for you!" "God above!" Piccard said as he stood up and started walking out.

As soon as he walked out, he stopped and his eyes widened drastically, and he only just managed to put up a field before a rocket impacted with him. "What the hell?" He heard Dark's voice say as he too had emerged from the mansion. "Surprise irritant!" SHODAN shouted triumphantly from the middle of the street, and as Bio walked out with a compression rifle in hand, he had to do a double take at what he saw. "How?" "You see," SHODAN began, "After you fought them, Piccard forgot to do cleanup, and so we recovered their corpses and rebuilt them with certain upgrades. Say hello to the Deimos Cyberdemon!" The beast roared as it shot a rocket into the air, "And the Spider Mastermind!" The spider screamed as her chaingun started blazing and Piccard had to push Dark back and then backflip to make sure that they weren't hit. "SHODAN, I'm not in the mood for this right now," Piccard started, "Dark and Jon taking the piss out of my drinking habit, and now you turn up, well, what I'm trying to say is can you all please bugger off?" SHODAN's forces just laughed as Piccard summoned his bow and readied an arrow, "Afraid not insect! Go forth!" SHODAN shouted as she gestured to the mansion, "Attack at will!"

Suddenly a bright blue bolt shot from the side of the mansion, and SHODAN had to do a double take as it sent the Deimos Cyberdemon about five feet backwards. "Jon to Piccard." Piccard tapped his badge, "Piccard here." "We have quantum torpedo launchers up and running!" Piccard laughed as he disengaged the link and looked at SHODAN's troops, but before he could say anything, SHODAN reached for a communicator, "Beam them down!" Before Piccard knew what was happening, two effluences appeared and left two pink demons similar to Anaetheron. "I also had the Arch-viles revive the barons of Phobos!" SHODAN started laughing manically as her wires fluttered in the breeze.

"Attack!" she shouted, and the demons roared in agreement as Deimos fired a rocket straight at the field. "Guys," Piccard shouted through the doorway, "We could do with your help!" As soon as Piccard said this, two blurs shot past him into the fight zone, Piccard noticed Tails, Rouge and Knuckles all dropping down from the air as the fight kicked off, and he heard a battle cry behind him. "What the?" Piccard said as he turned, and he saw Antoine running full pelt towards the fray with his sword outstretched. "What got into him?" "Well," Piccard noticed Bunnie walking past, "I said I'd give him the night of his life if he got out there and fought." She told him as she readied her arm and ran forward. Piccard shook his head, and then noticed Tuvok, Tom and Jon running past. "Jon!" Piccard called and the technician turned, "later, get a camera into Antoine and Bunnie's room. I want to see that!" Jon just smirked as he heard Tuvok shout his name and he legged it into the fray.

A blast of lightning shot past Piccard's shoulder and D'sparil ran past in his robe whilst summoning his serpent. "Let's take it to them!" He shouted as his serpent fired a round of fireballs at the Deimos demon, who just shrugged them off and fired several rockets. "The Doctor and Xerxes are staying indoors," Piccard turned to see Amy, "As are Cream and Tikal." Anaetheron and Cybos ran past as Piccard processed this. "What about you?" "I'm staying by your side." Before he could say anything else, Amy brandished her hammer and bought it down hard on the head of a bot that tried sneaking up on Piccard. "I don't see why not!" She smiled from ear to ear as she hugged him, and then let go as she ran forward, as did Piccard.

The battle area was like a war zone, bits of demolished bots could be seen everywhere, and the odd pool of blood where a demon had fallen, but due to the fact that SHODAN's forces outnumbered Piccard and Sonic's around 19 to 1, they were hitting each other more than their enemies. "This is too easy!" Jon shouted as he bought the handle of his rifle down hard into a revenants head. "Tell me about it!" Shadow shouted back as he ripped an assault bot to shreds. Piccard ran through before bumping into Dark, who had a death grip on a mancubus's head. "With ya in a sec light!" Dark called as he crushed the beasts head and turned as it fell. "Anything I can do to help you light?" "Not really," Piccard said, but had to stop as a rocket hit him in the side. "I'm going after Deimos, cover me!" Dark agreed as Piccard started running, yelling "Gravity defiance" and flying through the air. "Hang on!" Piccard shouted as he came to a screeching halt midair, "Shouldn't there be exposed wires here?" He then heard demonic laughter as the Cyberdemons rocket launcher impacted hard with his side, and he screamed in pain as he was sent hurtling towards the ground. Dark saw this and ran forward. "Bloody hell Light!" Dark shouted as he caught him, "No more stunts!" "I was just smashed in the side with a rocket launcher whilst thirty feet in the air." Piccard shouted back as he took off again.

Down below, Bio was watching this with a sweatdrop forming. "Why try the same thing again and again?" He asked himself as he transformed his arm into the emerald blade and started the berserker tactic, which is basically running in any direction with the blade flying everywhere. "You're a fine one to talk!" He stopped and looked in the direction of the voice. "What d'ya mean D?" The warlock jumped off his serpent, which he now set lose onto the rows of demons. "You always use that strategy!" "Well what about you? You sit on your serpent all the time." The warlock smirked under his hood. "I do, but I do have backup plans, you need more than one form of attack to confuse opponents." "I have no other attacks." Bio whined. "When I was created I was only told how to slash and perform limited magics."

Piccard was firing arrow after arrow into the fray, and inwardly laughed every time he hit a demon. "Piccard!" He turned to see Bio, "Can you lend me a weapon?" "What about the compression rifle?" "Gave it to Rouge." Piccard smiled to himself as Bio kept up his whining. "Very well!" Piccard said as he held his hand in position, and in a flash, the plasma gun materialised. "Be careful, it only uses autofire!" Piccard told him as he drew his shotgun and ran forward. "Bio checked the weapon over, and pointed it into the inferno. "Eat this!" he shouted as he fired, and heard a very human scream before Dark emerged. "Do us all a favour and aim for the enemy!" He yelled as he turned and walked back, with Bio smirking at the plasma inflicted hole on Dark's trousers. "That'll take a while to mend."

Close to the edge of this, Tuvok was with Tom as they were holding the Demons from getting too close to the mansion's left side, and they had most of the Doctor's support. "How much longer can they keep coming?" "I have no idea." Tuvok merely said as he fired his phaser at an incoming demon. "Did you ever fight anything like this on voyager?" "The closest thing to these were the borg, but we defeated them on numerous occasions." Tuvok told him, and Tom raised an eyebrow. "Don't you ever speak in slang or anyway to make talking shorter?" Now Tuvok raised an eyebrow. "I find it illogical to talk in a slang tongue." `Should've guessed that word would be in there.' Tom thought to himself as he pointed his laser pistol and dealt a crippling blow to a mancubus.

"Thanks!" Dark shouted to Tom as the mancubus he was dealing with was killed by a laser bolt to the side, and he turned his attention to his next enemy, which was the Deimos Cyberdemon, but he seemed to be just a bit to tall for Dark to come to grips with. "Feeling weak down there?" Dark looked up and saw a claw coming towards him, but before it got a hold, "Dark!" He looked over his shoulder and saw Piccard blasting the claw with pretty much everything he had. Suddenly, a blue blur shot past and took Piccard with it, whilst a black one came at Dark. The next thing, he knew, he and Piccard were back in front of the mansion. "That was close." Dark looked up to see Sonic and Shadow. "Did you two get us out of there?" "Of course." Sonic said proudly as Shadow only glared. "WE did, not just you!" Piccard and Dark merely sighed as the two hedgehogs started another conflict.

From the mansion, the Doctor sighed also as he watched the two hedgehogs fighting, and turned his attention back to the main scrap. "Xerxes," He began, and the android looked up. "Yes E.C.H?" "Photon and Quantum torpedoes, full volley!" "You intend to annihilate our team as well do you?" Xerxes muttered as he pushed buttons, and the Doctor tapped his badge. "Doctor to Piccard." He heard shotgun shells being unloaded on the other end before a voice responded. "Piccard here." "Get the others away from the melee, we're going to give them a full volley of torpedoes." "Understood." Piccard said as he disengaged the link and turned to Dark. "Can you tell everyone via psionics what we want them to do?" "And what's that?" "Get back to the mansion or be destroyed by torpedo fire." Dark closed his eyes, and pulses began flying through his head as he broadcast a message to all the fighters. `Get back, Doc has a plan.' Short and to the point, everyone had a vague idea that Dark meant the torpedoes were coming, and everyone turned and ran as fast as they could. As Dark expected, SHODAN thought they were retreating. "We have them on the run, go, full force!"

As Piccard was getting everyone in, he heard a cry and looked up to see Amy trapped on the floor by a long dead assault bot. "Dark, get them in," Piccard said as he started running. "I have to help her!" Dark only nodded as he got the last people in and shut the door, but only after doing that noticed that someone was missing. "Where's Bio?" He asked, but no one knew. Outside, Piccard was using what little strength he had left to try and pull Amy out from the wreckage. "God above this thing must weigh a ton!" Piccard shouted through clenched teeth as he let go of Amy and drew his staff. "I'll prise it up and you crawl out!" Piccard said as he got his staff in position and applied full force to the end (NOT INNUENDO!), and after a few seconds the armour came up and Amy was able to crawl out and into Piccards embrace. "Thanks." "No problem, now lets get in!" Piccard shouted as they turned, but then noticed that they were surrounded. "Damn!"

"Bad move marine!" SHODAN shouted, "Now there's no one to help you!" She turned to the Deimos demon. "Annihilate them!" He roared in approval as he aimed a rocket. "Damn her!" Amy muttered, and Piccard looked up straight at SHODAN. "You think that getting rid of me will end it?" Piccard shouted, but was answered by the roar of a rocket firing and heading towards them. "She won't get rid of you!" They both opened their eyes and looked up to see Bio with a familiar weapon. "Is that D'sparil's staff?" "You bet!" Bio said as he swung the end and took out the rocket mid strike. "Bio!" He looked up and noticed that SHODAN's glare was now triggered by and aimed at him. "If you think you can intimidate me, you're more stupid than anyone thought!" Bio shouted as he used the staff to vault himself upwards and dug the emerald blade into the leg of the mastermind, causing it to scream as Bio was sent flying by a flailing metal leg. "Watch out!" Bio shouted as Piccard pulled himself and Amy out of the way of Bio as he flew past. "Not this time!" He shouted as he boots glowed and he stood on the force field. "I've been blasted once, you wont do it again!" He shouted as he launched himself off with the emerald blade pointing straight at SHODAN. "Pitiful, look what you've become!" SHODAN shouted as she readied a pistol. "You could have been so much more!" She fired and hit Bio in the leg, causing him to lose his bearings and sprawl to the ground. "Gah!" Bio shouted as his wounded leg made contact with the pavement. "You've become so weak!" "You're hardly that strong yourself!" "I'm willing to give you a second chance!" Bio put both hands behind his back and actually looked like he was deep in thought, but what SHODAN couldn't see was that he was readying a disruption grenade. "SHODAN, I admire your persistence. But you're too gullible!" That got her, she now looked partially shocked. "What?" "During the time I was allegedly thinking, I was preparing the instrument of your doom!" He suddenly pulled his arm forward and threw the green grenade as he turned and ran. "Nows our chance!" Bio called as he, Piccard and Amy ran into the mansion.

"Doctor, open fire!" Dark yelled as he watched the door close, and orange beams accompanied orange and blue bolts from the mansion as they all impacted with SHODAN's forces, but as soon as the explosions expired, None of SHODAN's forces were anywhere to be seen. "Damn it!" Bio shouted as he smashed his fist into the table, "She transported out!" "Hang on!" they all turned and looked at Piccard. "What is it Light?" "She transported the barons down, right?" Everyone nodded, "Well last time we fought the Lebanon, I sensed no demonic presences on board the ship." "Are you saying that there's two ships up there." Piccard turned to the Doctor. "It's only a theory, but the Borg are not allied with either SHODAN or the federation. Therefore logic dictates that the Borg, SHODAN and the federation all have not only different ships, but different bases as well!" "An admirable theory." "Thanks Tuvok!" Piccard said as he sat down.

Around ten minutes later, Bio walked back into his own room (He shares with D'sparil) and lay down. "Damn her!" Bio said as he reached over, grabbed a tri-corder and examined himself. "Tired as hell!" He said as he dropped the instrument and fell into a light sleep, not noticing D'sparil walking in and taking his robe off. "God, who'd be me?" He moaned to no-one in particular, "A former evil sorcerer and I still have to shovel my own serpent's shit? It's just not fair!" He moaned as he literally fell onto his bad and glanced over at Bio. "I know it's tiring," The warlock started as he reached for his staff, which was on the floor between them, "But I'm sure you'll cope fine." As he finished, he suddenly noticed a presence by the door. "D'sparil has a soft side?" The warlock blushed, "No Rouge, I just see him as a son." Suddenly, Bio started moving slightly on the bed as Rouge and D'sparil watched him. "what's he dreaming about?" "I don't know." D'sparil started, "I could watch his dreams, but I respect his privacy." Just then, Bio started smiling, and openly said, "Oh Rouge!" Without even realising it, resulting in one red warlock. "I don't think I even want to know what he's dreaming about!" He said as he grabbed his robe and ran out of the room, resulting in Rouge laughing at his antics as she too walked out.

Downstairs, the Doctor was treating Jon's injuries, and Piccard was doing Amy. (Treating her that is!). "You have a mild concussion." The doctor said as he injected something into Jon's neck. "Can't see how I got one." "Well slamming your own rifle into your head might have had something to do with it!" Piccard said as he injected something into Amy. "Now I need the ORD." Piccard said as he looked in, and as he did his eyes met with something he'd forgotten about. "The aphrodisiac?" He muttered as he took the ORD and ran it over Amy, and after doing so and seeing that she was fine, Piccard put it back in the box and sneakily took the anaesthetic and slipped it into his sock. "Who says I can't be a sneaky bastard?" Piccard asked himself as he looked back up. "That should do it." Piccard said as Amy stood up and walked over to him. "Thanks!" "What time is it?" Piccard asked no one in particular as he looked up at the clock, 6:03. "Still early yet." He said as he and Amy sat down and Piccard cast a quick spell to teleport the hypo spray upstairs, but Dark intercepted and transported it back to the box, and sent Piccard a psionic message saying, "No, no, no, what would the Doc think?" If Dark kept it up any longer, he would have heard Piccard thinking, `Bastard.' Before embracing Amy.

Well there we go! One form of withdrawal is gone! And before anyone thinks it, there will not be a yaoi Bio&D'sparil relationship! (UNLESS YOU WANT IT!) I don't mind yaoi fic's but I wont write them unless someone asks me too! Anyway, apart from that, how was it? Good, bad, fascinating as Spock singing Tom Jones's `Sex Bomb'? (Get the image in your head, and trust me, I assure you it'll make you laugh!) Please review!

Piccard, logging out happy! /\/**