Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 66: All hells gonna break loose at the icon of sin, and a spirit makes friends with Bio! ( Chapter 67 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap. 66: All hells gonna break loose at the icon of sin, and a spirit makes friends with Bio!

By: Piccard

(Isn't it amazing that I'm still going strong after so long? Must be too damn good at it!)

Doctor: Light, you're rambling again! We bring you chapter 66 now, and it's gonna get very bloody!

(Doc, you spoilt some of the plot!)

------------------------- /\/**

Disclaimer: was a long time ago!

Burn? But you use ice attacks!

------------------------- /\/**

"Chaotic redirection!" Chaos yelled, and an orange field surrounded the rockets and made them all spin like crazy until they stopped and started flying again, straight at the boss brain. "Chaos Piccard?" He yelled as he countered most of his own rockets, but about ten got through, "When'd you split?" "Doesn't matter," He started as his hands glowed orange. "Chaos sphere!" He yelled as he threw the static orb straight at the brain, causing him to flinch as he looked on to see the other Piccards charging as well. "Better focus our attacks." Piccard said as a rift appeared between the four. "Fire into this, Pyro siege!" As it impacted, the rift glowed orange, "Darkness blast!" Dark yelled, and the rift darkened, "Emerald blast!" Bio yelled, and it got a bit brighter. "Chaotic inferno," Chaos screamed, and as it glowed erratically, the four got into positions behind it and moved in perfect synch as they unleashed it. "Arrowsmith combo blast!" They yelled as the bolt connected, damaging him significantly, but all he did was laugh. "You'll have to try harder then that Piccards!" It yelled as he charged another batch of rockets. "I know you wasted your magic, so victory is mine!" He yelled as he fired another 55.

Piccard looked up from where he was now lying on the ground, and was surprised to see a figure standing over him. "No one causes Piccard hell but Chaos," He shouted as he raised a large shield, "And maybe also me!" "Jon what the hell are you doing?" Piccard muttered as Jon knelt behind his shield, "Saving your life!" He said as he suddenly felt rockets impacting on the shield, and his expression gradually changed to one of forceful concentration as he had to support the shield with not just his hands, but his body as well. Finally after several minutes, the battering stopped, and Jon looked over the rim to see the boss brain smirking. "Jonathan Andrews," He said as he fired another yellow firewall, and caught Jon as he flew upwards, "The former psychotic one. Do you really think anyone will miss a technician as mad as you when you're gone?" Jon just raised an eyebrow as the boss brain smirked. "Let's find out!" He screamed as he flung Jon downwards, and he didn't even have time to scream before he smashed into the road below, and promptly fell into unconsciousness.

"Doc, medical emergency!" Piccard screamed as he ran over to Jon's form, and nearly threw up. He had many slashes in his uniform, and blood poured out of them and various other areas where Piccard swore that he could see bone. "What the heck?" "Don't panic doc," Piccard managed to say, "Just get him back to the mansion." And as the doctor dragged Jon back through the doors, Piccard span and glared. "Don't think for a minute that you're gonna get away with that!" He shouted as he pointed his plasma gun. "Time to take you down!" A volley of plasma fire shot upwards, and the boss brain couldn't counter in time as wave after wave of ionised particles seared it's body, causing it to scream as it recoiled. "Damn UAC weapons!" It shouted as it sent a volley at Piccard, who just redirected it.

Dark meanwhile was sneaking up behind it, BFG poised and ready, waiting for an opportunity. "Don't think I don't know you're there!" The brain shouted as it span and fired a volley of rockets. "Only get one shot." Dark thought as he pointed, and heard the gun whirring as the charge formed. "Counter this!" Dark yelled as a large green sphere shot from the gun and blasted the brain in the head. It's screams becoming deafening as Dark noticed a golden blur shooting up. "Sonic? Don't you remember what it just did?" Dark muttered, but was actually surprised to see Sonic spinning in midair before buzz sawing into the boss brain itself. But instead of screaming, it just dived before Sonic could do anything, sending shockwaves across the ground and flooring everyone before it rose back up and Piccard had to scrape a now unconscious Sonic off the pavement before tapping his badge. "Doc, another one." He simply said before Xerxes ran out and took him back in.

"Two down, god knows how many to go!" The brain gloated as it slammed into the ground again. "You're trying my patience!" Bio yelled, and the brain just smirked. "I'll try it till you snap!" It yelled as it dived forwards and grabbed him. "If you think the slam trick will work on me," Bio started, "Your gravely mistaken!" His arm began to transform, slicing one of the brains arms and making him drop Bio. "Great, fall not good!" Bio muttered as he twisted in the air and his boots glowed gold before he slammed into the ground. "Levitation!" He yelled and he flew back upwards whilst summoning a rocket launcher. "Relive the Icon of sin!" Bio yelled as he shot rocket after rocket at the creature, who just took them all head on. "That is a very good idea!" He shouted as he descended into the hole. "Join me for a battle!" "How pathetic!" Piccard muttered as he leapt down the hole, followed by some of the others before the hole closed on it's own.

After several minutes of falling, they landed back in the small room, and Piccard looked over at his fathers disfigured corpse. "This ones for you." Piccard muttered as he ran through the teleporter, and the others took a minute to look at it. "This is Piccard's dad?" Rogue asked, and Bio nodded. "If his reaction from last time was anything to go by, then yes." "Why," Shadow started, "What did he do?" "He went absolutely berserk," D'sparil started, "By the time we both went through the teleporter, he had the brain defeated!" There was a cough before they turned to Tuvok. "As nice as it is to stand here and talk, there is a marine through there that really needs our help." And the others nodded as they started filing through. Bio took one last look at the corpse before starting to walk, but then heard a voice. "Bio." He turned, but saw no one, "Am I imagining things?" "No you aren't!" He did a double take as it sounded like the corpse was talking, but wasn't moving at all. "Are you my dad?" "To an extent yes." He said as a small green orb flew out of the corpse and into Bio, who stalled slightly, "What the?" "You are now carrying my spirit, and you are the only one who can hear me for now." He said as Bio started walking, "If we can defeat the boss brain, then I can rejoin Jar'din and Reginald in the spirit realm." Bio only sighed as he walked through the teleporter and wasn't prepared for what he saw.

The place had indeed been wrecked, the tall column in the centre had been completely destroyed, and debris lay on both the three platforms and the radiation at the bottom. The platforms themselves, although covered in debris, looked practically unscathed, and the original face of the boss brain was practically destroyed, save for the lava patch on the top. "Where's Piccard?" Bio asked as he stopped, and heard a familiar female voice above him. "He's up here Bio." The genetic marine ran up, and stopped dead as he saw Piccard in a heap on the floor, with Rogue kneeling above him. "Looks like I'm not the almighty prodigy I was expected to be." Piccard managed to mutter. "Don't say that." Bio managed to say before Piccard lay down. "I'm out of this fight." Piccard said as he moved backwards and propped himself up against the brick wall behind him. (They were on the top platform of the three.) "Bio, it's up to you and the others." "I can't take out that without help." Then he heard the voice in his head. `You can, just let me have control of your movement.' Suddenly, Bio pointed his rocket launcher up and ran forward. "I admire your courage Bio," It started as it launched a volley of rockets, "But you can't dodge these."

To everyone's shock, Bio somehow managed to expertly strafe around the rockets, and as they tried to turn to get another path, they slammed into a wall. "How'd you do that?" the brain roared in shock. Bio only smirked as he spoke again, but this time in a different voice, "Remember me double B?" The brain's eyes widened as it seemed to be the only one who recognised the voice, "David?" It said with a slight evil tone. "I've been waiting for this day for over 800 years, and now that you possessed one of the legendary Arrowsmiths, it's worth it!" The brain roared as it fired another volley of rockets, right at Piccard and Rogue. "You'll have to do better than that." Bio shouted as he leapt up and into their path, causing them to veer from their present course and try to follow him, but they smashed into the floor of the level above him.

"Hold still and let me shoot you!" The brain yelled as D'sparil looked on and saw an opening. "Serpent," He whispered into the side of the beast's head. "I want you to wait until I say now, and when I do, fire straight at the lava patch on the old brains head." Adding "Call it a hunch if you will." As he noticed the beast's confusion, but it just growled slightly in compliance as it stood still and waited. "Tuvok." The warlock yelled as the Vulcan looked over the edge of the top level. "You called?" "Can you set your phaser to max and aim it at the old brains head? I have an idea." Tuvok only muttered, "I fail to see the logic." As he set his phaser and waited for D'sparils orders, and they came very soon as the three of them had a clear shot. "Now!" D'sparil yelled as the serpent fired a volley of fireballs straight, and D'sparil fired a lightning sphere whilst Tuvok kept a constant phaser stream going, and after several seconds there was a massive explosion, which caused everyone there, excluding the boss brain, to flinch as they looked, and nearly threw up.

The combined fire had blasted a very large hole into the old brains head, and there for all to see was the last thing that any of them were expecting. There was a single head on a spike with some kind of goo around the base of the spike that was classed as the creature's old body. "THAT'S the real boss brain?" Bio said in shock before Dave's voice returned. "Even I didn't see that before, but it must be destroyed." But before anyone could do anything, they noticed the boss brain moving into position, and swore they noticed him muttering "Oh shit!" as he charged some more rockets. "So what? You found my old head," He said, and the others noticed the head speaking in exactly the same way. "It has no more meaning to me." "That's what you think!" Tuvok shouted as he fired a stun pulse at the head, and as it hit, both the head and the boss brain roared in pain.

"His weakness is the head." Rogue yelled as she pulled a laser pistol from Piccard's pocket. "I did say that his weakness was in the name." He struggled to point his plasma gun, so he balanced it on his leg instead. Rogue smiled as she saw Piccard trying to stand. "This ends now brain." Piccard yelled as he fired a stream of plasma, but actually twisted his arms so that he was firing in an arc, hitting both the brain and the head, neither having time to counter. "Shadow." Piccard called, and the black hedgehog ran over. "How'd you like to do something risky." He just smirked as Piccard continued. "I want you to buzz saw over there," and he whispered the last part so that no one else could hear, and as Shadow pulled back he straightened a glove. "That's a bit risky isn't it?" "Risk is the name of the game." Piccard said as he fired another volley. "Now go," Piccard said as he flung himself to the floor. "Get ready!"

"Bio." He stopped as he heard the voice talking again. "Look, I came down from the spirit realm to aid you all, but something went wrong and I ended up here." Bio just kept strafing as the voice carried on talking. "I have a plan, Piccard and Shadow have just agreed on one for the boss brain, and I have one for the head." As it explained the plan, everyone made their way to the upper level at Piccard's command. "That's suicide!" Bio shouted as he reached the top, and suddenly the spirit flew out and took on an ethereal form very similar to Bio. "It's the only way." "What the?" Piccard yelled, and as he took a closer look, recognition crossed his eyes. "Dad?" "Yes son," Dave started as he put a hand on Piccard's shoulder, "Don't give up, you're doing very well." He smiled as he transformed back into a green ball and flew into Bio's rocket launcher. "We're routing for you in the spirit realm." He said as he flew in. "Shadow, now!" Piccard yelled, and the black hedgehog revved as he sped forward, knocking the wind out of the boss brain. "Okay Dave, prepare for warp 7!" Bio said as he aimed the launcher and fired, and the rocket that was launched glowed a bright green as it flew towards the head, and just before it impacted, they all heard Dave's voice.

"I'll see you all later, trust me!"

As he rocket impacted, the boss brain started roaring in agony as the old brain once again exploded, and as it flailed, it hit Shadow in the side of the head and sent him flying back towards the others. "Everybody, fire!" Piccard shouted, and the smallish group let fly with everything they had. After a minute of firing, the brain roared, and the whole area started shaking. "I think that's our cue to get out of here." Piccard said as he turned and noticed a portal opening, and a familiar figure stepped through. "Dark?" "Did I mess anything?" He asked, then he looked over Piccard's shoulder and saw the mess and a screaming demon, "Never mind." "We'll tell you all later," Piccard said as everyone else ran through, "But right now we have to shut this thing before any explosions get through." After this, the two ran through, spinning abruptly and sending hefty charges at the portal, causing it to vanish as they heard he boss brain roar one last time and a massive explosion.

As Piccard looked around, the first person he noticed was Chaos running around with a dumb expression on his face shouting, "Big monsters, big prizes, I love it!" repeatedly and annoying the hell out of the populace before Bio put an end to it. "Ah Piccard." He turned to see the Doctor walking out of the mansion. "How are Jon and Sonic?" "You'll be pleased to know that they will be alright in about an hour," He said, and Piccard just smiled. Just then, a pair of arms wrapped themselves around Piccard from behind. "That's a new record!" He joked as he span her around. "You alright?" "Of course," Piccard gloated, "It'll take lots more than a revived demon that bigger than the things of your nightmares of old to bring me down." They heard Chaos's voice from the other side of the area saying "Bollocks!" as they turned and walked over to the others. "How long were we there?" Piccard asked, and Tails looked up. "About an hour and a half, It's now 2:35." Anaetheron took this moment to intervene. "We saw the whole thing." Piccard raised an eyebrow, "How?" He gestured upwards and saw Tom and Dark next to a large screen that now showed the icon of sin falling apart. "Goodbye and good riddance!" Bio yelled while shaking his fist, and Piccard swore that as he looked at the screen, he saw a green orb flying up from some debris in the background and disappear into thin air.

There we are, another chapter down! God I love writing these things, well, it is my only hobby! But apart from that, this one has to be my shortest one yet, unless you read it properly. But anyway, how was it? Good, Bad, polite as a group of rowdy students? Please review + vote (If you like, that parts optional!)

Piccard, logging out! /\/**