Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 68: SHODAN’s location finally revealed, the first defence in god knows how long and a tempor ( Chapter 69 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap. 68: SHODAN's location finally revealed, the first defence in god knows how long and a temporary declaration!

By: Piccard

One chapter to go! I want to thank the three that voted so far, and I'll just say that if you have an idea, this is your last chance. (Even if you already had an idea, I just want to see what you can come up with.) Just goes to show that some people do take this seriously after all! But I do have another announcement, after I have typed chapter 69, I'm upping the fic rating to R (For obvious reasons!) just to warn you!

Dark: That presentation evening was a waste of time as well!

Tell me about it, I only went up once, and people laughed at my walk. Selfish bastards! I can't help it if I walk like a vampire with an iron rod up his arse!

Bio: And sponge, your sisters might not get asked those questions by their parents, but trust me, my dad IS THAT perverted, and if I did miraculously get a girlfriend then he'd probably ask in front of all my mates! (All 3 of them!)

---------------------- /\/**

Disclaimer: Some time ago, search back if you want it!

Lets have a joke limerick! Complete the next line: There was a young mage from Nantucket, when he saw a dog he would . . .? (What goes there, guess in a review, answer next chapter!)

---------------------- /\/**

Over the next thirty minutes, he was introduced to the others, and finally he came to Amy. "So this is your girlfriend then?" Piccard turned a bright red as he noticed the look on his fathers face. "You choose wisely." He said before turning back, "But I was expecting you to chose someone more, you know, erm," "Human?" Piccard guessed, and saw the look of shock on his dads face. "I did at first, but I looked past the boundary of species and I chose for love, not race." Amy smiled as she moved over and kissed him, which Piccard was only too happy to accept before his father coughed, and after several minutes they parted. "So have you two been, ahem, busy?" They both blushed madly after this and the others laughed, and Dave looked around confused, "What's so funny?" "Dave," Xerxes started, "These two haven't been able to keep their hands off each other." And the Doctor continued as Tuvok, Sonic and Tails walked in, "They even lost their virginity on that table over there in front of all of us!" That stopped Dave, he started cracking as Piccard and Amy's blush intensified, and after a minute Dave burst out laughing. "Sexually active like an Arrowsmith should be." "That's what I diagnosed." The doctor said, and Dave walked over. "What role have you played in his life then, erm, Doctor?" "Other than his physician and longest friend in this time, I am also his, how to say, adopted father."

Dave raised an eyebrow. "How so?" "Well I discovered the stasis pod floating in space and I revived him. He just clung to me after that so I started seeing him as a son." Dave just nodded as Piccard heard a thunk behind him and sighed as he looked up. "Chaos can't you stay on the floor for more than three minutes?" "I like it like this!" Chaos protested as he walked over to the replicator. "If you get a drink out of there then stay the hell away from me!" Piccard said, but Chaos turned and smirked. "Not really, just did it to scare you!" "Didn't work though." Piccard muttered as he turned and walked out with Amy in tow.

"What can I do to Sonic and Tails?" Piccard asked as they walked up the stairs, and Amy looked him in the eye. "What do you mean?" "Telling my dad that we openly did it on the table, it just doesn't seem normal!" Amy laughed slightly as they came to their bedroom door and noticed it open, and as they walked in saw Anaetheron reaching up to the medical supplies. "Anything wrong?" The hell knight jumped down and shook his head as he spoke. "Jon got the bright idea of trying a spin attack, and Tom happened to get caught in the focus." Piccard sighed again as Anaetheron walked out and he fell onto the bed. "Life's tough!" He muttered as he heard a knock at the door. His eyes began to glow white before he started talking, "Tuvok, whatever happened to the com badge?" The door opened and a wide eyed Vulcan appeared. "Okay, how did you know it was me?" "Psionics seem to be restoring," Piccard said as he lay back and closed his eyes. "Now what is it, I'm very tired!" the Vulcan stood tall in his trademark stance before continuing. "Earlier today I detected a torpedo firing from an unknown region in space, and after scanning I discovered a cloaked vessel." Piccard sat up as Tuvok continued, "It didn't register with our database, so I ran it against yours, and I found a match." He handed Piccard a pad, and Amy noticed that as Piccard looked it over, the colour drained from his face. "This is not good!"

As he ran downstairs, he heard a roar from outside, and as he saw Dave running from the armoury he guessed that he'd have to tell them all later about this discovery. "Guess SHODAN's about!" Piccard said as he ran in and grabbed his shotgun as he heard Dark saying, "Now we can see if your dad's still a decent fighter." "Don't you mean `OUR'?" Piccard said as they both ran outside and saw perhaps the last force they were hoping to meet. Hybrids formed the front line, all growling with lead pipes poised for battle, around them, Mancubuses and Revenants stood poised and behind them, Piccard swore he saw a maulotaur standing next to the Deimos cyberdemon before they heard a cough and SHODAN appeared in a column of green light.

"Well we seem to be in a predicament don't we?" She teased as she looked over her ranks, formed perfectly, and then she glanced back at Piccard's team, `Formation' was perhaps the key thing missing. "Say what you will," Chaos started as he raised a pistol, "You'll just become a grease spot!" SHODAN laughed as there were two more glows and the avatar and Carter appeared in two more flashes of light. "I'll leave you two to get on with it." SHODAN said as she beamed out, and Carter gave his most evil smirk as he pointed forward and said, "Fire!"

Tom's eyes glowed gold as a bright golden field appeared and strengthened the force field from the first wave. "To arms!" Piccard shouted and his alliance ran in one direction. Sonic pointed the other way and shouted, "Let's do it to it!" before they all ran the other way. The only person left was Dave as he looked forward and noticed the hybrids running at him, and he just smirked, "Can I still fight after 800 years?" He drew a rocket launcher and obliterated half of the hybrids in one hit, "Hell yeah I can!" He shouted as he whipped out a chainsaw and ran forward.

Piccard pumped his shotgun after shooting a revenant, and heard a whirring as he turned, and his eyes went wide as he saw his dad attacking a baron with a chainsaw. "It's official," Piccard said to Jon as they shot a mancubus, "My dad is a sado-masochist!" Jon just laughed as he sheathed his rifle and bought his fist down hard into a revenant, smashing it to pieces before they heard a laugh and saw Chaos running up the side of a building with a cacodemon on his trail. "Get this!" He yelled as he backflipped off the side and landed on the demon, and smiled as he drew his sword. "Don't loose weight, you make a lovely bouncy crash mat!" Chaos said as he bought his sword down, and the demon screamed as it fell fast, and Chaos only screamed in excitement before he felt a strong pair of hands catch him and he looked up to see Bio. "Don't go trying to kill yourself!" Bio lowered them to the floor and Chaos jumped out of his grip, "Me and Light did once, and we still regret it!"

On the other side of the field about half an hour later, Sonic spin-dashed a hybrid couple that just happened to get in his way, and as he looked up he saw Tails in an aerial skirmish with a flaming skull. "Knock it's block in!" Sonic called up as Tails spun in midair and bought his foot round, sending the skull flying into the same building where Chaos had been and the skull promptly exploded. "Rather un-heroic language faker!" Sonic sighed as he turned to see Shadow, "Well can you say anything better?" "Probably not!" Shadow confessed, and the two span and jetted off to help the others, but were stopped as they heard an almighty clang and looked on to see Dave doing something incredibly stupid.

The UAC marine in question had decided to start fighting lightly, he'd gone straight for the Deimos Cyberdemon! "Dad, what the hell?" Piccard shouted, but his dad just laughed as he fired another rocket. "I thought you died at the hands of our sniper!" The cyberdemon roared as Dave smirked, "Yes I did, dead men don't tend to make public appearances do they?" He countered as he jumped over a rocket volley and fired some rounds of his own. "Piccard," He turned to see Rogue running up, "Was your dad really this mad back then?" "Yes he was," Piccard started as he aimed his shotgun at the cyberdemon's head, "He was the only marine who actually used to run after rockets for some unknown reason!" After a second of aiming, Piccard fired, and his shot just seemed to rebound off the new armour plating it bore, and it smirked. "You don't think SHODAN revived me without upgrades do you?" It gloated before firing a round at Piccard, and Dave just seemed to panic before Piccard started glowing white, and he yelled, "Essence of light!" causing the rocket to break up and fly into him along with all the nearby attack energy, and as the glow intensified, he yelled, "Energy launch!" which formed a spear in front of him out of all the energy, and he made a gesture to indicate it's course, and the bolt shot straight up and into the cyberdemon's head, phasing it significantly as Piccard started levitating and jetted up to the exposed wires in it's abdomen before he formed an orange ball and threw it in with a "Pyro siege!"

As Piccard landed on the ground, the Deimos demon roared as the damaged components started malfunctioning and it exploded in a blazing inferno, and as it died down, Piccard said, "And do you think I'd just stand there without charging magical energy?" before he started hovering again and flew over to his shocked father. "I became a lot stronger over the years." "I noticed!" Dave said as the two jetted back to more familiar territory. "Now where are," Piccard started, but then heard a yell from his right, and as he snapped his head around he saw Knuckles on the floor underneath Carter.

Knuckles returned back to his shade of red as the effects of the emerald wore off, and as it flew away, Carter stood over Knuckles's form. "Even with your extra power you can't beat me!" Carter shouted in triumph as he transformed his arm into another emerald blade, "Now it ends!" "You wish!" came a voice, and Carter seemed amazed as his emerald blade was blocked by another, and he followed it upwards to see Bio. "The traitor!" He said as he slashed upwards and sent Bio sprawling to the floor with a large cut across his right cheek. "Now to get back to this." Carter said as he turned, and was greeted by a punch to the face as Knuckles floored him in one. "Bio didn't want to fight you," Knuckles started as he bought his fist down, "But he did give a good distraction!" He finished as his fist impacted with the side of Carter's head, and as the former commander sprang up, he noticed Tails standing there with a large gun. "This ends now!" He said as slyly as he could as he fired, and a large blue and orange orb flew at Carter, but before it hit, Carter noticed a turquoise blur run in front of him, and he heard a female scream.

"What the?" D'sparil said as he used his staff to vault himself upwards, kicking the hammer from the maulotaurs hand into it's head and managing to render it unconscious. "Piccard, did you just see what I saw?" The warlock said, but got no response. Piccard was confused as anyone else, "Why would the avatar throw herself in the way of that charge?" Piccard asked, but then heard a roar and saw Carter rise, drawing his rifle and firing a blast at Tails, but missing him before he did something that no-one expected him to do. He picked up the avatar and held her in his arms as he activated his transporter and as they both beamed out, Carter span and pressed a hidden button on the side of his rifle, sending out a bright green beam that hit Anaetheron in the chest, flooring him as the duo vanished.

"Get Anaetheron to the Doctor!" Piccard ordered as Dark and Bio grabbed the hell knight and ran him in, and when the others followed, Sonic noticed that Piccard wasn't moving. "You coming?" "I want to have a word with SHODAN, alone!" Piccard said, and Sonic knew that he'd be a fool to intervene as he ran back in. `I hope this works.' Piccard said as he tapped his badge, "Piccard to SHODAN, I want to speak to you down here, alone!" There was a brief delay before SHODAN appeared before him, and glares never left their faces as she began speaking. "This better be important!" "It is," Piccard started as he noticed SHODAN walking among her forces, which were just standing there waiting for an order, which Piccard found odd. "We've been stressing this thing too far." This got her attention, and the wires around her head fluttered in rage. "What are you talking about?" "Look at them," She did, and noticed that they all seemed tired as hell, and then Piccard continued, "They're exhausted from all the fighting you make them do, and to be honest, I'm tired myself, and I bet you are as well." She growled in frustration. She knew he was right, but she couldn't give in, at least not totally. "I'm not conceding to you Arrowsmith!" "I wasn't asking you to!" Piccard said with a harsh tone, "I was going to suggest a temporary cease-fire to get back up to strength." She looked up and raised an eyebrow. "What makes you think that'll help?" "Two days off with no fighting to do will help increase your strength, I also where you are." Piccard started as he frowned,

"Hiding on the UNN Von Braun!!!"

She smiled slightly evilly after he said this, and she managed to change the subject. "What makes you think that you can trust me?" His right hand whipped forward, and his shotgun was pressed against her head. "I cant," He started as he pulled his weapon down. "What do you say? Two days without fighting alright?" She sighed, but did seem inwardly pleased with the prospect of time off. "Alright, but don't think that I wont try and blow your brain out when it's over." "I look forward to it!" Piccard muttered as SHODAN vanished, and as her creatures did as well, Piccard only muttered, "Git!" before walking back into the mansion.

"Piccard," Amy squealed as she dived and wrapped her arms around him, "Son," He looked up to see his father staring in disapproval, "Mind telling me what that was?" "These days," Piccard began, "We tend to rely more on diplomacy than brawling, but that's just the way of the federation." HE noticed the look of confusion on his dads face, and finished with, "I'll explain later." Dave walked over to the couch and lay down as the Doctor walked in, "You'll be pleased to know that I've given Anaetheron a 100% chance of survival." Piccard and Mina sighed in relief before the mongoose started speaking, "What was wrong?" "Nothing as such," the Doctor started as he heard Anaetheron walking down he hall, "But it did slightly change his physiology." "How so?" Piccard said, but then Anaetheron appeared, and everyone did a double take. Anaetheron looked basically the same, except he was now pink. "Anaetheron, you're," Xerxes started, but Anaetheron finished, "I know, that bolt transmogrified me into a Baron!" The others parted as the former hell knight walked across the room and plopped onto a chair, and there was silence before Dave spoke up. "So what do you normally do to pass the time?" There was a shortish silence before Knuckles spoke up, "Well it changes depending on the people involved. It's either training or sex." They then heard a certain amount of giggling, and turned to see Rogue grinning, "If it's sex you people want, then I know a way to make it, ahem, more interesting!"

That's key enough to leave you wanting the next chapter, but you might not find it down the menu next time, as I'm gonna have some changes: Firstly, upping the rating to R, secondly I'm redoing the summary, and finally I'm shortening the title back to `The Marine's Journey' as it was for the first two chapters. The genres are staying the same, so all you need to do to find it from now on is either search for R rated general genre fics or put me on your author alert, whatever's easier! But anyway, how was it? Good, Bad, Pointless as hell? Please review and vote! (Voting ends on Tuesday 18th November, and I'll see if I can get Chap. 69 done on the same day!)

Piccard, logging out partially happy! /\/**