Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ Fire From The Skies ❯ The Red Morning ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Red Morning:

On the first of June, 2006, General Jake Betrunio, commander of the Earthen Shock Trooper division 1, was walking into a room that had white marble walls, a chandelier, and a few chairs and a long table. The Emperor and 10 other Generals were already sitting. General Jake was the right hand man of the Emperor, and his most trusted friend and General. The General took his seat at the right chair on the right side of the Emperor. The Emperor said in a cheerful tone, "Well, now that we're all together, I think the meeting can commence." General Jake began to speak and opened up his vanilla colored folder. "Gentlemen, my leader, I have analyzed the combat situations in the Hellic Republic, and Gylossia." He then took out a colored map of an entire string of beaches, the map showed heavy enemy fortifications along each of the different beaches. He walked over to an over-head, and turned the machine on and placed the map onto the viewer glass. On a screen on the wall, the battle map appeared. He took out a pointer from the over-head and pointed to some beachheads on the northern coasts of Gylossia. "Now, after heavy analysis of each of these beaches, and their fortifications, I have chosen a more strategic spot to invade." "I have chosen the beaches of Gylossia. Even though these beaches have more fortifications, and armaments, and millions of soldiers, I believe that a heavy and decisive blow to these beaches would throw the enemy into disarray, at least for nine months. I was thinking of sending in an air squad of about 40 fighter craft, creating air superiority over our enemy. Some of these fortifications cannot be penetrated by small arms, or small explosives. We will need to bomb the hell outta these walls, and forts, to destroy their 99-inch turrets in there. While the air battle would be going on, the troop transports would be landing onto the beaches, the troops attacking the fortifications at the same time, or at least the less stronger armaments." General Morrison in the back stood up and said, "Why that looks like nothing but pure suicide." The Emperor said to Morrison, "General, please have a seat…" The General sat down, as he was asked. "Yes indeed this campaign would be most suicidal and it would have heavy casualties on both sides, but it must be done. We've had nothing but air battles, us trying to get air superiority, and only winning five battles a day while the enemy scores fifty battles a day. I think it's high time that we show them what were made of. This is the second month of war, and I would really love to break at least the Gylossians back to the point of their complete submission. As a matter of fact, this operation or rather campaign will be called Operation Turning Point. Jake, I want at least seven million shock troops to storm those beaches, and a further more, instead of sending just forty fighter craft, we'll send six thousand, I tell you this campaign shall succeed!" Then he slams his fist down onto the table as he finishes the last word. He ten says to Jake, "You can sit down now." "Alright, Zack, I want to know how the death ray is coming along." Zack the chief scientist of the Earthen Empire, opened up his pitch black folder, and said while looking at a paper with schematics and designs on them, "Well sire, we appear to be on schedule, the super weapon number 4 should be done by next month." The Emperor said, "That is most excellent, now what about our other weapon, the Super Shock Device?" Zack replied while looking onto another paper, "Unfortunately, we seem to be behind schedule a little. We've been so busy making new improvements to our fighters, and making this Death Ray, that we fell behind two weeks of construction." The Emperor said to him, "Well, I guess that is alright, to make your department back on schedule, I'm going to shift the improvements to the fighter craft over to the military factories. They will be in charge of making the improvements for now on." Zack said, "That should be sufficient enough." Then the Emperor reviewed the rest of his Generals plans and ideas. After an hour of discussion, the meeting was over. Meanwhile an air battle, a dogfight was going on elsewhere in the Zoidian continent on the other side of the Great Ocean. (Scene 2-The Guardian Force H.Q.) "Karl, Karl, Ambassador Henrik was assassinated!" shouted his younger brother Thomas running into Karl's room. Karl said with shock, "What the hell, your kidding." Thomas said back, "Why would I be joking about a thing like that." Karl said, "Cause your immature, irresponsible, and down right pathetic." Thomas said, "Damn you, I don't have time for this, right now we have to head down to the war room." Karl sighed and got up, he stood up and began to walk to the war room. Eventually he got to the war room and opened the doors. He walked in and sat down at a chair. Van stood up and said in a clear voice, "Guardians, listen up, our new enemy the Earthen Empire has begun a series of air attacks against our military installations. We must mobilize our own airforce as well as for our national security, we should begin to draft citizens into the army between the ages of 16 through 40. Also, the Gylossian ambassador Henrik as been assassinated. He was shot in the head in the city of Libertia. Our intelligence has reason to believe that the assassin is a citizen of the Earthen Empire." Thomas stood up, "Gentlemen, I believe that this is a time that we must rally our peoples together in a unity that is unlike any other, we must unite and set aside our differences to wipe away the evil that threatens our planet." Van said, "Never the less, if the stories are true about these super weapons that the Earthen's posses, then we could be seeing Armageddon. I don't know if this is true or not, but I've heard disturbing rumors saying that they have a series of Shock Weapons, a fusion of shock wave and sound wave weapons so powerful upon detonation that it would completely obliterate an entire city with its population. The Guardian Force abolished all super weapons. However in a worse case scenario we could use the Gylossians chemical and biological missiles to fend off a possible troop invasion." Karl said to Van, "Van, are you certain that the evil empire has such weapons, cause if your certain then I could have evacuation and bomb raid drills carried out in every colony, town and city across the Gylossian Empire and the Hellic Republic." Van said, "I'm not certain for sure, but I think for safety precautions we should have the drills done anyway." Karl said in protest, "Listen, I'm not prepared to order a drill for something that we don't know is true or not." Irvine said to Karl, "Karl, I am going with Van on this, we've seen their technology on the Imperial fighter craft, they are years ahead of us in weaponry and other technologies, I think we should raise alarm to the people, we should have drills." Irvine then continued to say to him, "You have family in a few cities in Gylossia and the Republic, suppose they get wiped out by these Shock Weapons, you would be forever have guilt that you did not try to save their lives by having evacuation and bomb raid drills done ahead of time so that way they could be evacuated i time before the missiles hit the ground." Karl said, "Your…right, I will go ahead and order the drills after the meeting."