Fan Fiction ❯ Guardians ❯ Waters of sorrow ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 4


"So you all can help me. Thats wonderful." Alan said happy he could help his beloved princess.

"Yes. Alan. I am just curious. Most people arn't like you. Why do you wish to save your kingdom so much. Family? Friends? Money?" Mattie asked as they began to float up to the next floor on Alie's Cloud.

"The Princess asked me to help her. And I would never turn her down." Alan sighed. "The Princess is the only person in my kingdom who even likes me. My family was killed long ago."

"I see. Do you love this princess?" Mattie asked as Willow turned her hearing on the conversation. Fiona did as well.

"Yes. Very much. She is the only person to ever treat me like a person rather than some stupid kid." Alan huphed.

"Mattie. Your floor." Willow said in a very neutral voice. Mattie got of the cloud and Alan turned to Willow.

"Willow, When will we be leaving?" He asked.

"Tomorrow morning." she said slightly ignoring him. Alan desided to turn his attention towards Alie for more information.

"Alie, Where will I saty through the night. If I must go into town can you drop me off at the bottom of the stairs?" He asked her

"Fiona, your floor. No Alan. Willow found you, she gets to keep you." Alie smirked. Willow's Eyes bursted open and Alan sighed.

"Am I some form of pet?" Alan asked.

"Yup. Your floor Wils. and Alan." Alie replyed.

"Come on." Willow said as she dragged to the door and traced the symbol.

"Willow. Are you alright? You seem depressed." Alan stated as the large door shut. Willow walked over to the other door space and walked in and out before the door disapeared again. She was still wearing the same clothes as before. she climed the ladder to the top.

"I'm fine." She said in an unconvincing tone as she dived into the tank. She swam to the bottom and into a large cave. She went in but didn't come out. After about 10 minets, Alan started to panic. People couldn't hold their breath that long. He quickly climed up th ladder and threw his hat off. as it fell to the floor Willow swam out from the cave, and up to the top. Her hands reached out and settled on the edge of the platform at the edge of the tank. She stared up at him her water eyes full of hurt she was trying to cover.

"Are you alright?" Alan asked as he droped to his knee's and pulled her out.

"I'm fine. Why?" Her soaked clothes clung tightly to her and driped with ice cold water.

"No one can hold their breath that long. it's physicly impossable." Alan said as he realized the temprature of the water she was covered with. her lips were a slight blue and she shivered.

"I'm not normal. Water is my element. breathing in water comes with the whole 'water guardian' package." She said standing up.

"Is the water always this cold?" Alan asked.

"No. Almost never. When it is I usually have a thick warm towle or something waiting. I guess I just wasn't paying attention." She said trying to walk down the stair case beside the tank rather than the ladder. Her sivering made her sway toward the ralingless edge.

"Watch it!" Alan shouted as he grabbed her waist and pulled her back into him as she sliped.

"Sorry. I'm not usually like this. I guess I'm just tired." she pushed away and walked down the rest of the way unsteadaly.

"I Wouldn't let your beloved Princess see you like the way you are now. I suggest to get your clothes dryed. or at least your shirt." she walked into her hidden room and walked out in a mini blue dress.

"You can sleep in my bed. I'll take you wet clothes down to Fiona and I'll sleep in her room." Willow said as Alan finaly reached th bottem of the staircase.

"Willow," Alan stared as he walked towards her and wraped her in a bear hug as she blushed. "Thank you, For helping me." She quickly pushed him away.

"I'll be going now. be ready for an early start." With that Willow left.

<><><><><><><>< ><><><><><><><><><> ;<><><><><><><><><>&l t;><><><>

"WAKE UP!!!!!!" Alan Jumped with a start to the sound of a waterfall crashing over a cliff.

"Willow what are you doing?" Alan asked as Willow jumped onto the unbalanced bed.

"Wakeing you up. We're leaving the morning." She replyed as she made the water in the bed sway with great force.

"Willow, would you quit that." Alan said rubbing his droupy eyes.

"Aww, your no fun. Oh well. get ready. We're leaving as soon as I'm done getting my robe." She smiled.

"That soon huh?" Alan thought. There was a strange sent coming of the water guardian that he hadn't noticed to this strong of a point before. She had the sent of the water at sun rise when the fresh water flowed freely. It made Alan blush to the slightest point. enough she hadn't noticed.

"Get ready." She said.

'
At least she smileing this morning.
' Alan though to himself but took a step back and realized what he had thought. He shook the thought out of his head and proceded with his preperations for the journey ahead.

"Come on Alan. Time to go!" Willow gleefuly chimed as she sprinted from her closet. Alan followed her from the room and they slowly walked from the room to the edge stair case. Alie arived within seconds to give them a ride down.

"Hop on kids." Alie smiled as Alan and Willow got on her cloud and raced to the bottom of the stairs to meet the others. The other three girls were already at the bottom waiting patiantly. As soon as the three were off the cloud Elsa took orders.

"Alright. Heads up, I'm a strong suporter of the buddy system. so grab your partners." Elsa said sternly.

"Mattie and I are already paired." Fiona assured.

"I get Elsa this time Will." Alie said as she walked to the green leader.

"I guess that leaves you and him Willow." Elsa said hinting towards Alan.

"I guess so. Any problem for you Alan?" Willow asked him.

"No." Alan answered a bit out of place. He wasn't even paying attention. He was to busy thinking on his princess.

"Alan," Willow started as she though of how to ask. the two were behind the others as they started to walk.

"Yes?" Alan replyed paying more attention.

"What are you thinking about? Or rather, who are you thinking about?" Willow asked quietly.

"The Princess." Alan sighed. He looked over at Willow to ask why she wanted to know, but he caught the quick look of hurt that crossed her face.

"Are you alright?" Alan asked a little unsure of what he had said wrong.

"Oh it's nothing. I was just wondering. come on. the forest awaits." Willow smiled at the boy.