Fan Fiction ❯ ShadowBaby ❯ Unwanted Guests, Maid No More ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The next few days went along as they normally would except for a miner detail. Anna was not only struggling around the house and school any longer. She was now struggling around home, school, and a bunch of unwanted guests that were always asking for something or wanting something. She would always sigh with frustration as she tried to do her math homework when Andrea would suddenly intrude. It would be a little dance. She would intrude and apologize for disturbing her. Anna would tell her it was alright, and then Andrea would tell her what the some spirits wanted from her. Most of the time they wished to speak to John, but sometimes they wanted to interview her and intrude on her life.
Everyday John would be pulled away from her for a menial task for his obedient servants. It would take him hours just to calm them down and perform his tasks. During those hours Anna would take a shower or a bath. She even decided to sleep in her school clothes just so she wouldn’t have that awkward moment of him watching her. Not after she realized he was snickering at her as she changed into her clothes the following morning that he inhabited her.
This particular day though John was sitting next to her on her bed. He seemed intrigued by this so called Geometry that she had to do every night. His excuse was if he was going to fit in this new aged world he had to learn as much as he could. John seemed to enjoy this new fashion trend to the female race though. Anna had often caught him striding over to the preps clique and checking them out. She had asked him one day how come they didn’t freak out when he came near, and he responded, “Simple my dimwitted vessel, they can’t see me.” Anna still never got used to the idea that she was the only one who could see him, well the only human that could see him.
“What is the point of this formula?” John asked, “Everything here is so weird. I never had to use things like this when I was alive. I made a killing every day and I didn’t need to know all these fancy terms.”
“Neither do we,” Anna grunted, “they teach us stuff that we know we will never really us just in case we actually want to pursue a career in a department that actually does this.”
“That’s stupid,” John grunted as he examined the thick blue book.
“You’re telling me,” Anna muttered as she turned a page in her heavy blue book and continued on with her homework. When she was done she went on with her Spanish homework. She really didn’t get it that well, but with the help of a Spanish speaking deity she was acing her class. He did most of the work though. When she was finally done with all her homework she glanced at her clock that read 11:34 P.M.
“Why do you wait till the last minute?” John asked as he also glanced over at the clock.
Anna grunted, “I guess I’m just lazy.”
John snorted, “You’re not lazy. I’ve seen all the work you do around this house and at school. Trust me you are far from lazy.”
Anna threw her pillow at him, but it only went through him.
John looked appalled as he said, “You’re only wasting your strength. Try as you might it will only be in vein.”
Just then Andrea fazed into the small room. “Excuse me my liege,” she interrupted, “but Lady Herring has a complaint about the new residents at her Victorian mansion.”
‘Finally,’ Anna thought, ‘I thought she would never come.’
John glanced at her curiously and he said, “Very well, I will attend the briefing and help her out.” When he disappeared Anna sat there a minute, just in case, and when it was a sure thing she raced off toward the bathroom and rapidly turned the dials. Hot steamy water soon began to fill the tub. She threw in soothing bath salts and poured out some bubble bath. Soothing citrus cascaded the room and her nose was entwined with its rich aroma. When the bath was finally filled to the brink she took of her clothes and stepped inside the soothing hot water.
“Ahhh,” she sighed as she dipped her head in the water. She reached over for a wash rag and dipped it in the water. When it was soaked she rinsed it off and placed the steamy rag over her face. She lathered her hair in strawberries-n-cream shampoo. Her tensed face relaxed and she as she was about to lather her arms she heard a small chuckle above her.
“So this is what you do when I go away,” he chuckled as he sat Indian style above her head.
Anna’s eyes widened with shock and she literally screamed. Her arms clenched around her breast that were showing, luckily her other private part was covered by the foam bubbles. “Get out,” she screamed, “get out, get out, get out!”
John laughed at the site and said, “I have to finish early with my clients more often.”
“Get out!” she screamed. Luckily her foster parents had stepped out for the night and wouldn’t be back until morning.
John smirked at her and laughed, “My what a voice, be careful you wouldn’t want to wake up the neighbor’s.”
Anna clenched her breasts tighter and snarled, “Get out of here you pervert!”
Andrea came rushing in when she heard the commotion and frantically asked, “What’s wrong?”
“He is,” Anna snarled.
Andrea looked at Anna and then at John. She did a double take and gasped when she realized Anna was completely nude and John was pestering her about it.
“Aw,” John said, “she’s just mad that I found out her little secret of taking baths while I was away. I guess she didn’t consider me coming back early.”
“Master John,” Andrea addressed, “I advise you to leave lady Anna alone while she relaxes in the tub.”
John laughed aloud and said, “Oh come one Andrea, don’t be a kill joy. It’s fun to mess with her.”
“My lord,” she said in a stern voice, “let the poor girl relax, she has been through much today.”
John sighed with frustration as he said, “Fine.”
Anna glared at him as he hovered to the floor and walked out. She smiled at Andrea and whispered, “Thank you.”
Andrea smiled with pride and also exited the room.
When Anna was done with her bath and getting dressed she slowly lingered back to her room. She turned the knob slowly and didn’t even bother to glance at John who was leaning against her wall next to the door.
“Did you have a nice bath?” he asked with a laugh.
Anna didn’t even give him the satisfaction of her glaring at him. She walked over to her bed and laid down. Her hand instantly went for her headphones and her collection of CD‘s. Then she plugged the headphones into her portable CD player and placed a CD inside the compartment.
John growled at the fact that she was ignoring him. He hated when she did that. ‘Girls are so freaking sensitive nowadays.’ he thought. He laid down next to her and waited for her to stop ignoring him. He learned that once she starts your in for a log waiting period before she would forgive him and acknowledge him once more.
When 12:34 A.M. came around she took off her headphones and laid them on her small wooden end table beside her bed. John had been staring at her the whole time and watched as she still continued to ignore him. He sighed aloud and said, “Look, if it’s any consultation…you have nice breasts.”
Anna froze and began to clench her fists. Her head slowly turned and met him with a deadly glare of hatred.
‘Well,’ he thought, ‘at least she’s looking at me now.’
Anna’s head finally cooled down though and she went right back to ignoring him.
“What,” John asked innocently, “what did I say?”
Anna pulled the covers over her head and clenched her eyes close. ‘Maybe if I ignore him,’ she thought, ‘he’ll leave me alone. Hell he might disappear all together and inhabit someone else.’
“Nope,” John said as he began to stare at the ceiling, “I kinda like it here. Nice digs, this body of yours, but would it kill you to dress in a tank once and a while?”
Anna scoffed to herself, “Lousy bum.”
John floated in the air and landed on the other side of her. “Nah, I prefer to be called a parasitic leech.”
Anna let out a quiet laugh as she tried to choke back on it. John heard it though and said, “So she can laugh.” Anna glared at him the best she could, but still a small smile was showing. John smiled with pride as he continued to say, “Well, well, well I’ll need to remember that one.” Anna finally broke down and laughed a good hearty laugh.
John himself smiled with joy. The first day he met Anna he thought she was s spoiled brat. How she had dared ventured into the arts. Anna had indeed summoned him, but yet she wanted nothing to do with him. He had made fun of her and called her weak. After living with her in this hellhole he learned she was far from weak. She wasn’t physically strong like he had hoped his new host would be, but she endured much. Everyday he watched her do the same little routine of slavery. He always questioned her on why she put up with it. Once he had said that no vessel of his takes commands from a lowly coward such as these people. Anna had ignored him though. Still he wandered how she got so whipped. Anna never answers to his commands, so why theirs?
Anna yawned and John’s thoughts soon shattered and he said, “You need sleep. You have a long boring day ahead of you in that school place.”
“No,” Anna yawned, “tomorrow is Saturday. There is no school on the weekends. I plan to sleep in since Teri and Bob won’t be back until noon.”
“Weekend?” John questioned, “What is this weekend?”
Anna curled into the fetal position and yawned, “Weekends are the two days at the end of the week and the first day of the week. They consist of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.”
“Then why did you go to school today?” John asked. No answer came. John glanced down and saw Anna fast asleep clenching her blanket up towards her face. Her face looked peaceful and yet it saddened instantly as her eyebrows hunched inwardly. A moan escaped her as her forehead gathered sweat. Her breath began to intake faster and it soon became rapid. John sighed with irritation as he placed his right hand on top of her head. She calmed down and her breath began to slow down. It was a ritual he repeated every night. Anna always had nightmares when she slept. At one time John tried to enter her dreams to see what made her cringe in fear every night, but her mental wall kept him out of entering her mind while she dreamed. Being banned from her mind while she rests he always sits next to her and cools her off with his sub zero temperature.
Pale white fingers traced her outlines as he sighed with hopelessness. ‘A hundred years,’ he thought as his fingers faintly touched the lining of her face, ‘a hundred years of hibernating in Hell. The world is so different and vast. I…nothing is the same. Everyone I knew a hundred years ago is dead and my body…oh god my body. It’s probably nothing but dust.’ His face became even more stern looking and then he quietly said to himself, “No use crying over spilt blood, John. Look at this at another perspective. Okay they have better weapons for killing. More people for you to kill. Let’s see…more chaos then back in the day.”
His eyes began to sadden as well when he thought to himself, ‘Yeah and more psychics. More people like Melissa that will easily lead you astray.’ John happened to glance down at Anna and he caught himself thinking, ‘This girl…why do I feel like I have met her in the past?’
Anna’s face began to turn awfully pale. Cold shivers shattered out of her now pale blue lips. John quickly snatched his hand away and murmured, “Sorry.” It was more to him then to her. The raven’s wings soon lowered its impetus grasp of stillness in the night. No sooner then its deadly grip take hold then the spirits of the netherworld aroused with ambitions and mischief. John put up a barrier around Anna, so that they could not drain his vessel of her energy. Two deadly eyes watched out over the stillness of the night, watching for someone or something to dare make its presence known by him.
The next morning Anna was aroused by Teri screaming in her ear. The clock read 2:35 P.M. and she still felt like she had only an hours worth of sleep.
“Get up,” Teri shouted, “get up you lazy good for nothing girl!”
Anna shot up and darted a glance toward the clock. “Oh my gosh,” Anna huffed as she instantly threw the covers off of her and rushed to get ready for her chores.
“About time,” Teri hissed as she walked out of the door.
Anna pretended to brush her hair. When she heard the door finally shut tight and footsteps of a retreating person soon followed, she plunged back into her bed. It felt so soft and alluring.
“Go back to bed,” John ordered.
Anna muttered inside her fluffy white pillow, “Are you mad, I have to get up and fix her food.”
John scowled and snarled, “She has hands, she has the brains, let her cook her own damn food.”
Anna smiled and whispered, “If I don’t do as they say…”
John’s left eye raised. He sat down next to her and asked, “What?”
“Nothing,” Anna said with a smile.
“Tell me,” he demanded.
“No,” Anna teased as she shot back up and began to put her socks on.
John had enough of her disobedience. He floated over in front of her and said, “Tell me or else!”
“Or else what?” Anna asked in a mocking tone.
John’s eyes glowed a dangerously bright blue color. Wind began to whip around his fists. Nest thing Anna knew she had flown across the room and back on her bed. The wind was literally knocked out of her. Her arms were latched by a glowing purple bracelet that clenched them both together. Her legs were fastened as well, but they were spread apart instead of tide together. John, even though his body went through hers, straddled her hips and looked mockingly down at her. His head leaned in closer to her right ear.
“Or else I’ll have to use my powers on you.” he whispered into her right ear.
Anna couldn’t help but blush at this sudden outburst. I mean she was tied up like a sex slave and he was straddling her. Not to mention that insane look in his eyes didn’t help. “How did you,” she stuttered as she squirmed.
“Just because I’m dead,” he said, “doesn’t mean I’m not a threat. Dead or not I still have my psychic powers and a few delusional flame techniques. I’m still able to bring you crawling to your knees. So I advise you to cooperate more often.”
Anna wanted to spit on him. She felt a shivering sensation climbing up her midsection. Her eyes glanced down and saw her shirt slowly rising. Anna felt so violated and disgusted. “Stop it,” she said, “stop it right now!”
Suddenly footsteps approached her room and the doorknob began to turn. John noticed this and swooshed over to it. It came slamming open with a pissed of Teri standing in the doorframe.
“I thought I told you to get up!” she snarled.
A small bunny slipper foot was about to step foot into the bedroom when suddenly the door slammed in her face, nearly braking her nose. She screamed at the top of her lungs and tried to open the door again. It wouldn’t budge. Banging was soon heard along with a series of swears. Finally heavy footsteps retreated down the hall.
John was propped right along the door. His devious smile grew a hundred folds as he disappeared. Anna looked frantically around for him, but he was nowhere to be seen. Then, just as fast as he vanished, he reappeared right in front of her face. His eyes locked onto hers and in a second, just a second, she saw his inner demon emerge from its dominant trance. There was no facade to cover his true being, no not this time. Her hazel eyes quivered under his gaze. She felt like hiding underneath her covers, like a small seven year old would during a sever storm.
Small fangs began to form in his mouth. His nails grew an inch longer and his hair began to spike to the sides. Anna whimpered with fright as he leaned closer. John noticed her whimper and caught himself. His head shook violently and he jumped off of Anna in a second. His prisoner rings vanished and she was able to move freely. Anna backed away from him. John reached out to comfort her, but she only whimpered and backed away farther.
“Anna,” he whispered, “I’m…I don’t know…what…that…the…what just happened…I didn’t mean…to.”
Anna’s eyes were on the brinks of tears. “You nearly killed me,” she shouted, “you wanted to…I saw the bloodlust in your eyes. You want me dead. I’m nothing but a common whore to you. You think you can just use me like those other girls? I got news for you. You will never get me to help you. I will never, never obey you. You can go to Hell!”
John floated away from Anna. He then turned around, so that she couldn’t see him in his moment of pain, and said, “You don’t know anything.”
Anna lost her temper and screamed, “Oh I don’t do I? Then tell me why I should help a bloodlust demon like you? You only want to kill innocent people and harm the ones you think are unfit to live in this world. You are a tyrant! Melissa was right to banish you!”
John swerved around and lost his temper as well. Within a blink of her eyes John was standing in front of her. Rapid breathing was heard as he yelled out, “Dirty whore!” His right hand made a fist and it went flying toward Anna’s face.
Anna’s eyes winced with the pain that was soon to come form the impact. As a last minute reflex action, Anna’s arms covered her face as a protective shield. Her eyes clenched tightly and seconds past. When no impacted came her eyes slowly and tears streamed down her cheeks.
John’s fist was not even a centimeter away from her let cheek. It shook violently as his eyes widened and he choked on his breath. ‘What am I doing,’ he thought, ‘I nearly hit her. I almost couldn’t control myself.’ He lowered his fist and continued to stare up at Anna. She shook with fright as tears continued to stream down her face.
“Anna,” he whispered. From the way she reacted it appeared that she has been hit before. By who though is what he wanted to know.
Suddenly the door slammed open and two heads jumped with fright. It startled them both out of their minds. Their heads both darted over and saw very pissed off Bob panting in the doorway. He was covered in sweat and smelled like old stale mushrooms. He marched over to Anna and grabbed her by the head of her hair. John watched the whole seen. If he stopped it now, then Bob would find out about him and he might order a psychic to come out and cleanse the house of his vile presence. If he didn’t stop it, then Anna would be hurt. It was a tough choice to make.
Anna cried out in pain as he dragged her by the hair of her head off of her bed and into the floor. “Get downstairs now,” he snarled. Nest he got up and began to walk out the door.
Anna coughed out of pain and glared at the back of his head. “No,” she muttered as she got back up on her feet.
Bob turned around and asked with a hiss, “What did you say?”
Anna gulped and said, “I said no. I refuse to be your servant girl any longer. You have two good hands of your own…fix it yourself.”
Bob slowly approached her, a scowl was plastered on his tense face. “You will get downstairs and fix our supper, or else.” he hissed.
John looked back and forth at the two, like a lost puppy trying to pick a side. ‘She’s actually refusing,’ he thought.
Anna gulped again as she stuttered, “No.”
Bob grew infuriated and bald up a fist.
*Thwack* Anna staggered back and fell onto the floor. Even more tears fell down her face as her hand felt the impact of the slap. Instantly Bob was thrown up against the wall by the door. Anna’s eyes widened with shock as she saw Bob hovering above the floor with a fearful look. With her gift to see the spirits, she saw John holding him up by his left arm. Ghostly white fingers entwined around his plump red neck. The color began to drain from his face and his lips began to turn blue. Anna couldn’t believe what she was seeing. John actually was defending her. What shocked her the most was the look on his face. It was so vengeful and determined. He planed on killing her foster father right then and there.
Bob choked aloud for air. His eyes began to go blurry. That’s when he saw the force that was choking him. It horrified him to see this ghastly being. His legs began to kick and thrash at John’s body, but they only went through him.
“Stop it,” Anna screamed, “stop it right now. Let him go, you’re choking him.”
“Exactly,” John snapped as he continued to tighten his hold on Bob.
“He’s turning blue, let him go. I demand you release him right now.” Anna demanded as she ran up beside him.
“Bastard deserves to die.” John growled.
“Please,” Anna cried, “let him go. I’ll help you, I’ll help you if you let him go.”
John’s grip loosened upon the man and he hissed, “You would devout yourself to becoming my faithful servant in exchange for this retched man’s life?”
Anna nodded with shame and said, “I’ll do anything you ask.”
Bob fell unconscious, John glared at him with disgust and said, “We leave in the dead of night. Pack your things.”
Anna bowed with regret and said, “Yes…master.”