Fan Fiction ❯ ShadowBaby ❯ This Feeling I have ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter eleven……This Feeling I Have

Anna relaxed herself within the warm bubbly water. She rinsed her hair and cleansed her tired aching body.
“Hmmm,” John said, “I wander what my mother was planning.”
Anna opened one of her eyes and glanced up at him. He was hovering above her with his legs crossed Indian style. From her point of view it looked like he could see everything there was to see about her. It made her cringe with embarrassment, but since he did it every time she took a bath, she was use to it and didn’t say anything.
John peered down at her. He never grew tired at examining her body, over and over again while she took a bath or shower. Sometimes he would toy with her and possess her body. That way he could get a good feel and make her dance around nude. Anna would always be cross afterwards and would ignore him for a good hour or so before he would apologize and do something to make it up. Today though he didn’t feel like tampering with her. He just felt like glancing her over, and over, and over again. Inside his head his boyish charm took hold and he would always make a perverted gesture. Anna would in turn ignore him and go right on with washing herself. Sometime Anna would say she was about to shave her legs, just so John would walk out. He witnessed her shaving once and decided it wasn’t ladylike. In fact it looked weird and strange to him.
“John,” Anna asked, “what are you starring at this time?”
John was knocked out of his daze and muttered, “You’re left breast has a bruise above it.” Indeed it did, it was from the motorcycle incident with the psychics. They had slammed her against the metal frame and it had bruised her in several places.
“Oh,” Anna huffed, “yeah it’s an ugly site.”
“No,” John reassured, “it just looks so out of place.”
Anna scoffed to herself and went right on back to washing her legs. Then she picked up the razor blade and glanced up at John who seemed to be again spaced out. “John,” Anna said, “John, I’m about to shave.”
John’s head jerked up toward her eyes and he asked, “Huh, what did you say?”
Anna sighed, “I’m fixing to shave my legs.”
John’s eyes widened and he said, “Oh, well see you when you’re done.” Then he floated out of the bathroom and into her bedroom. He became fidgety as he waited for Anna to hurry up. He didn’t even bother to glance over at Andrea, who was sitting peacefully on the bed.
“My lord,” Andrea asked, “what is wrong?”
“Huh,” John gasped as he stopped moving about.
“I asked what was wrong my lord,” Andrea said as she floated over to him.
“Oh,” he said, “nothing. I’m just nervous I guess.”
“Nervous about what?” Andrea asked.
“I don’t know,” John stated, “I honestly don’t know.”
“Describe this nervousness.” Andrea demanded as she placed a hand on John’s shoulder.
“Well,” he said, “it feels like I’m waiting to find out if someone is pregnant or not. It feels weird Andrea. I can’t help it for some reason.”
“Does it have anything to do with Anna?” Andrea asked with a worried look.
“I think so,” John said with a confused look.
“Oh my heavens,” Andrea asked with a gasp, “you haven’t done anything to the poor girl have you?”
John jumped slightly and snapped, “No!”
Andrea sighed with relief and said, “Well maybe it’s just your old feelings for Melissa coming forth. I mean after all Anna is her descendant. It would make perfect sense.”
John looked angered at the very mention of her name. “Melissa,” he spat, “trust me it has nothing to do with HER!”
Andrea backed away slightly and said, “Well maybe it has to do with your mother.”
“No,” John sighed, “it defiantly has something to do with Anna. Just what is it?”
Andrea smiled lovingly and asked, “Do you feel a tad bit of anger whenever you see her talking to another male?”
John wasn’t paying attention and said, “Sometimes.”
“Are you protective of her?”
“Well of course,” John snapped, “if anything happened to her I’d be affected.”
Andrea nodded and asked, “What goes through your mind whenever you watch her bath?”
Now John knew where she was going and snapped, “Look Andrea I don’t love her.”
“Who said anything about love?” Andrea innocently asked.
“You did,” John snapped.
“No I didn’t,” Andrea stated.
“You implied it,” John growled.
“But you are the one who said it.”
“But I said I didn’t love her!”
“Whatever you say master,” Andrea muttered with a smile.
John was about to strangle her throat when he heard the bathroom door open. He glanced up and his eyes narrowed with mischief.
There stood Anna wearing her red lingerie that he had bought for her at the beginning of their journey. “What,” she asked when she realized he was starring.
“Nothing,” John muttered as he looked away.
Anna shrugged it off and plopped onto her nice soft cushiony bed. “Ahhh,” she moaned, “it’s so soft.” Well in doing so John had a nice front view of her butt that was now facing towards him. If he had a heart it would be beating like crazy right now.
“Uh,” he stuttered, “I have to go.” Then he ran out of the room. Anna glanced over and was about to ask where he was going, but she soon saw he was already gone. ‘Strange,’ she thought. Andrea giggled like mad as she followed in pursuit of her beloved master.
“Master,” Andrea giggled, “master wait.”
John continued to power walk down the hall.
“Master,” Andrea laughed aloud, “wait up, master.”
John finally stopped his long walk and turned around towards Andrea.
“Master,” she asked with a smile, “why the rush?”
“Her!” John snarled, “She did that on purpose. She’s just begging for me to jump her.”
“Really,” Andrea asked with a fake gasp, “however could you tell.”
John snarled, “This isn’t funny Andrea. She’s practically begging for me to pounce on her right now. She’s teasing me, cause she knows I can’t do it.”
“Really,” Andrea asked again with another fake gasp.
“Forget it,” John snapped, “you won’t take this matter seriously.”
Andrea placed her right hand on his left shoulder and asked, “Master are you sure it is her tempting you?”
“What,” John gasped, “you don’t think it’s me tempting myself…do you?”
Andrea smiled and said, “No master, but I do believe there is an unspoken attraction between the two of you. Face it it’s written all over your face.”
“What,” John gasped, “me attracted to that skinny, arrogant, self-centered brat!”
Andrea nodded weakly and said, “Yes master, and I feel she feels the same.”
“Of all the…really?” he stuttered as he glanced over his shoulder.
“Of course,” Andrea stated, “what girl could resist your elegant charms? You are a perfect example of pure manhood master. Why you’re everything she’s ever dreamed of and more.”
“I am pretty good,” John scoffed as he struck a pose.
“You’re more then good,” Andrea stated as she pointed a finger at him, “you’re the best that ever lived. No man is stronger, no man is fiercer, no man is smarter, and no man is more handsomer then you.”
John smiled with pride and he said, “I know, I know.”
‘Bingo,’ Andrea thought as she continues on with her description of how perfect he is. “Not everyman can sing, dance, draw, paint, or battle as well as you. You’re perfect in everyway.”
“Well I wouldn’t say perfect,” John boasted as he glanced himself over.
“Why Anna would have to be absolutely stupid to pass a fine catch like you up. Why you’re John Spelling, and you can get any girl you want with those boyish charms.”
John smiled with pride as he said, “You know you’re right.”
“I know master,” Andrea said with a devious smile. ‘All according to plan,’ she thought as she told John more boastful things. When John had heard enough encouragement he silenced Andrea with his hand and said, “Andrea, not another word. You have said enough. I now have the courage to tell Anna that I like her.”
“You,” Andrea said with a charade of shocked gestures, “master, you like lady Anna?”
“Shocking I know,” John said with a smile, “I don’t know what it is about her that draws me to her each time. May it be her small sense of hopelessness that makes you want to protect her every second of every day, or be her spark of independence that dares to defile me every chance she gets. Whatever the case is I feel a connection to her.” His face soon saddened as he continued, “Alas, she is the descendant of my last love, may she rot in Hell.”
“Master,” Andrea gasped, “you don’t mean such horrible things.”
“Of course I do,” he snapped, “that woman damned me to the deepest pits of Hell to rot away. If it wasn’t for young Anna, I would still be rotting away in that blasted void.”
“Then praise her,” Andrea said with a smile, “tell her you love her and shower her with affection.”
John looked away as he interrupted her. “No,” he snapped, “I can never give the kind of attention she needs. I am but a mere ghost trapped inside her body. What kind of affection could I possibly give her? I tell you what…heartache. Living her days trying to find my lost body, just so we could be together at last. So I can finally show her the proper affection she so longs to have. My body, curse my wretched body. I may never find the blasted thing, and then what? What will become of poor old Ann? I tell you what becomes of her. She becomes an old feeble woman who won’t be able to carry out the journey anymore. I would have deprived her of ever knowing love and affection from someone else. I would be a greedy pompous fool Andrea. You know how jealous I become of those I admire.”
“I know,” Andrea stated, “but…”
“No,” he snapped, “I don’t even know if it is genuine. I may only love her for the fact…for the fact…”
“That she is Melissa’s offspring?” Andrea asked.
“Yes,” muttered John, “I will admit that a hundred years ago I fell head over heels in love with Melissa. I would have done anything to be with her. Even now, despite my hateful words toward her, I still love her. Anna reminds me so much of her, Andrea…I think I might only love Anna for Melissa’s blood.”
“No master,” she reassured.
“I have to find out,” John stated, “if I love Anna for Anna, or Anna for Melissa. You are not aloud to ever mention this conversation again.”
“Yes master,” Andrea muttered as she walked back down the hall and into Anna’s room. Anna was still awake and was watching late night television.
“What up?” she asked as Andrea fazed back into the room.
Andrea looked over at her with mournful eyes before she put on a fake cheery face. “Just trying to calm poor old John down. He really seemed on edge today.”
“He’s always on edge.” Anna scoffed as she picked up the remote and changed the channel. A psychic appeared on TV and was talking about calling her for love information. Andrea scoffed at the very idea of it. Anna on the other hand decided to give it a shot. She picked up the phone and dialed the number.
“Lady Anna,” Andrea said with a concerned voice, “do you think this is a wise choice? After all you are being hunted down by six psychics already, do you really want to add one onto that?”
Anna didn’t listen. A ringing sound was heard on the phone before a woman with a fake Jamaican accent picked up.
“Hello there,” she said, “thank you for calling Madam Cleo’s psychic hotline. How may I direct the cards?”
“Um,” Anna stuttered.
“Let me guess,” she said with a laugh, “you’re new to this whole psychic reading thing?”
“How did you know?” Anna asked.
“Honey when you’ve been in this business for as long as I have, you learn a few things or two.”
Anna laughed herself before she said, “I was calling about the finding your true love commercial and I was hoping you could help me out.”
“Madam Cleo can help you child. Just tell me what your sign is and your qualities.”
“My qualities?” Anna asked aloud.
“Like your hobbies and interests are.” Madam Cleo explained.
“Oh,” Anna said, “well I’m a Taurus. I was born May 8, 1991. Um, I like to draw, write short stories, and take photos.”
“Alright,” Madam Cleo said. A humming sound was heard as something began to shuffle near the receiver end of the phone. “Alright,” Madam Cleo said, “the cards are done being shuffled. Now lets see what they have in store for ya.”
John fazed back into the room with his hands behind his head. He gave Anna a curious glance as he noticed she was talking on the phone. “Andrea,” he asked, “who is she talking too?”
Andrea hesitated, “She’s…well she’s talking to a love psychic.”
“Oh,” John said, “a love psychic…A LOVE PSYCHIC!”
“Okay child,” Madam Cleo said, “your first card is the card of endurance and travel. I see a lot of hardships in your future before the man of your dreams comes into play.”
John quickly floated over and threatened, “Get off the phone.”
Anna shooed him away with her spare hand and said, “Shush, I’m on the phone.”
“Your next card is the card of light. After your long journey I see a bright outlook on your spiritual plane. Everything you have been searching for on this journey will finally come to an end. That’s when the bright outlook will start.”
“Anna,” John threatened, “I’m warning you.”
“Your third card is the card of…oh my.” Cleo stuttered.
“What,” Anna asked with her heart beating rapidly.
“Your third card is the card of sorrow. I’m sorry child, but I see someone braking your heart when you finally become happy.”
Anna’s eyes saddened with grief and said, “That’s alright, I’ve been hurt before.”
John began to count now. “One, two, three,” he said, “when I say ten you better be off.”
“Let’s see now,” Madam Cleo whispered, “your next card is…oh lord. I see the romantic hero. Your night and shinning armor will rescue you from something that troubles you.”
Anna squealed with delight.
“Seven,” John muttered.
“Your last card is…” Madam Cleo said as she flipped it over.
“Ten,” John shouted as he used his psychic abilities to slam the phone down.
Anna was startled and jumped slightly. “What the hell,” Anna screamed, “was that for!”
“I told you to get off the phone,” John stated in a calm voice.
“But she was about to tell me my last card!”
“To bad,” John hissed as he floated over to Andrea.
“But I wanted to find out about the man of my dreams!” Anna whined as she slumped down onto her bed.
John’s head jerked and he hissed, “Man of your dreams.”
Andrea looked like she was about to jump in front of Anna, just incase John decided to strangle her.
“I hope he’s everything I ever dreamed of.” Anna sighed as she closed her eyes and giggled.
“So,” John asked casually, “what exactly would your dream guy look like?”
That was Andrea’s cue to leave. She quickly ran out of the room with an excuse saying someone was trying to contact her.
Anna’s eyes opened abruptly and she actually shot up out of bed. “Why do you care?” she asked curiously as her head slightly tilted.
“I don’t,” John quickly said as he took a step back, “I’m just curious.”
Anna glared at him a little before she sighed, “Alright fine. If you must know…he would be…well it’s kinda hard to describe him.”
John looked like he was about to strangle her.
“Well,” Anna said as she laid back down, “he would be cute. Um, I always envisioned my romantic hero as the strong type, so he could always protect me. Let’s see, I always admired a guy who could draw really well.”
‘Let’s see,’ John thought, ‘so far I fit the category.’
“He would tell me I’m beautiful without even saying it.” Anna continued, “I wouldn’t have to talk to him like every five minutes. I want a guy who I could just snuggle into him and just lay there for hours without talking or moving. Someone who wouldn’t mind me playing around with his hair all day long. Someone who was…the exact opposite of me.” Anna muttered that last part to herself.
“Someone who is boastful,” John muttered.
Anna sat up and said, “Yeah, someone who isn’t afraid to speak his mind.”
“Who will always be there no matter what.” John said as he took a step towards her.
“Someone who would love me for me, and not for appearances.” Anna muttered.
“Who will never leave you.” John said as he took another step towards her.
“Who will never get bored of me,” Anna whispered.
“Who is bold and forceful.” John said with a smirk.
“Yeah,” Anna stuttered, “but not to forceful. Someone who will know exactly what to say.”
“A little depraved and demented?” he asked curiously.
“Um,” Anna stuttered, “if he’s not a psycho.”
“Oh,” John said as he leaned down in front of her, “don’t worry…he’s not that demented.”
Anna shuddered as John’s eyes locked onto hers. “He will,” she stuttered, “he will always pick me up when I’m down.”
John smirk grew into a pure evil smile.
“Someone,” Anna stuttered still, “who won’t call me a psycho.”
“Don’t worry,” John whispered as he leaned closer, “he won‘t.”
Anna’s eyes slowly closed as she watched John move closer towards her. “Someone who will wipe away my tears, and show me how to cry.” Anna whispered before her eyes fully closed.
“Don’t worry,” John whispered back, “I will.” His pale ghostly lips were barely an inch away before he clashed his evil aura with Anna. A shock coursed throughout her body. Her hands gripped the sheets as John’s psychic powers slammed her down onto the bed. His lips somehow managed to stay on the exact position throughout the whole scene. Anna could feel the life being sucked out of her, but she didn’t care. That’s when John’s eyes opened and saw her skin turning a deadly shade of white. He unlatched his lips from hers and began to pant.
Anna gasped for air and began to chook on it. She placed her hands on her throat and began to cough violently. Soon she coughed up blood and knocked herself onto the floor.
John watched in horror as she coughed even more. He was finally relieved when he saw the normal white she always had returned to her face. The coughing soon stopped and she was able to look up at him.
Anna soon stopped coughing and reached her hand up towards the bed. Her hands gripped at the sheets and somehow she managed to pull herself up and back onto it. When she managed to climb back up she glanced up at John who was still shaking. “What,” she gasped, “just happened?”
John nervously glanced away form her and muttered, “I’m sorry, I guess I, I forgot.”
“Forgot what!” Anna screamed.
“That,” he muttered, “that anything that involves physical contact drains the person your trying to touch.”
“Well thanks for the heads up!” Anna screamed as she waved her hands up in the air.
“Look,” John snapped, “I forgot. I said I was sorry.”
“You almost killed me!” Anna screamed, “I never thought a freaking kiss could be so deadly!”
John turned his dead away and muttered, “So.”
“So what!” Anna screamed.
“Did you…enjoy it?” he asked before he started to scratch his head.
“What,” Anna stuttered.
“Did you…enjoy it?” he asked again, this time managing to sweep a glance at her.
“Um,” Anna stuttered, “it was defiantly something new!”
John frowned and said, “Well what did you expect? I’m not exactly able to sweep you off your feet. Maybe if I had my BODY!”
Anna giggled and said, “Don’t worry, well find it.”
John glanced away and said, “Yeah, well find it.”
Anna scooted a little ways up to John and asked, “When I was describing my…dream guy…why did you say someone like you?”
John slightly jumped and nervously looked around for someone to help him. “Um,” he stuttered.
“Don’t tell me…you like me!” Anna squealed as she clasped her hands together.
John scooted back and said, “Ummmm, I uh.”
“You do!” Anna giggled.
“No,” John snapped.
“To late,” Anna said, “it’s already out there.”
John began to be engulfed in flames as he growled, “Anna.”
Anna giggled some more before she said, “I like you too.”
“I do NOT…what?” John stuttered. The flames around him died down and soon the disappeared.
Anna giggled, “Nothing.”
“What did you say, tell me.” John demanded.
“Nope,” Anna laughed, “if you didn’t hear me then tough luck. I’m not repeating.”
“Tell me!” John shouted.
Anna giggled some more.
“Tell me!” John shouted.
“Oh for peak sakes,” Andrea called out from behind the wall, “she said she liked you too.”
It went dead silence between them. Both Anna and John were glaring at the wall were Andrea called out from. Soon Andrea’s head popped through and she said, “What?” Then her head popped back into the wall and a laughing sound was heard as it trailed off.
“Okay,” Anna stuttered as she glanced back over to John.
“You like me,” John said with a smile.
“Shut up,” Anna laughed.
“You like me,” John teased as he poked her stomach using his psychic abilities.
“Stop,” Anna shouted as she began to run around the room. John was chasing after her screaming, “You like me, you like me.” Anna was laughing all the whiles before she started to scream back, “So, so, so.”
It went on like this for a while before Anna gave up and plunged onto her bed. “Stop it,” she whined as John began to dance around her.
“You like me,” he sang as he continued to dance.
Anna smiled and said, “You like me too!”
John didn’t hear her though and continued his rants. “You like me, you like me.”
Anna finally got fed up and suffocated her ears with the plain white pillow. The noise soon died down and it was safe to uncover them again. John had finally stopped ranting about it and was now smiling down beside her. This was the first time since she started this journey that he actually looked at peace.
“First thing tomorrow,” he said with his smile still showing brightly, “we’ll try again. Once my body is recovered I promise to make it up to you.”
Anna smiled lovingly as she nodded her head. “Starting tomorrow, I promise to actually behave.” Anna snorted.
“I promise to answer any question you might have about Melissa, or your past.” John stated.
“Well I promise,” Anna laughed, “that I won’t tease you about being a ghost.”
John laughed as well, “It’s a deal.” They both nodded their heads in approval. Their new deal was sealed and a whole new journey was about to take afoot.