Fan Fiction ❯ ShadowBaby ❯ A New Friend ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
~Disclaimer: This is really short, sorry but I’m on a tight schedule~


“A LITTLE TO THE LEFT...YOUR OTHER LEFT!!!” Mona sighed with irritation as her devoted minion tried desperately to please her needs. “WE ONLY HAVE A FEW MORE HOURS BEFORE THE GUESTS START TO ARRIVE AND THIS PLACE HAS TO BE PERFECT!!!!”
John chuckled inwardly as the scene unfolded in front of him. ‘Typical Mona,’ he thought, ‘stubborn as usual.’ He laughed aloud and wholeheartedly. Mona paid him no mind as she continued to try and direct Cleo around the theater. Anna and Shinu were on the stage talking amongst one another. Rehearsing so to speak, but in their own unique way. Cleo was scurring about, or rather floating about trying to hurry.
“Alas,” Anna shrieked into the open musty air, “my heart can not bare this fact. You mustn’t tell me, say you are lying!”
“The truth is what I speak my lady,” Shinu almost laughed out, but refrained from doing so, “the prince is dead. Jumped from the balcony he did.”
“No,” Anna whispered and backed away clutching her heart, “you lie, you lie I say!”
“Believe what you may my lady, but know thy truth. The prince is dead!”
John watched over the two young girls with interest. He sat motionless on the banner overhead trying to piece together what scenes where what and what the whole story was about. So far he understood it was a tragic love tell. Anna played the role of the peasant girl who came across the ever so boastful prince and taught him how to love. Shinu played the role of the hired mercenary that soon becomes the peasant girl’s best friend. It was intriguing and both bothersome to watch. From his point of view the girls where not that good at acting and it amused him and irritated him both.At one point and time he wanted to go down and knock some talent into them. As time went by though they seemed to improve a bit by each hour. They still pretty much sucked though.
“NO!!!!” Mona shrieked. This made all heads turn towards her. “NO, NO, NO!!! I said blue roses!!! BLUE!!! Not red, not white, not pink, not yellow...BLUE!!! Blue roses symbolize the supernatural realm, get them now!!!”
“Right away,” Cleo stuttered as he flew out of the theater.
Mona turned around and saw the ogooling eyes of the young girls and the mocking eyes of her dear brother. “What,” she asked to them.
John shook his head and went back to starring at the two young girls. Anna and Shinu however didn’t return to their practice. Instead they decided to speak.
“Mona,” Shinu whined, “we’ve been practicing all day and we’re still not any good.”
“I’ll say,” John muttered.”
“Can’t we postpone this play until we’re a little better?” Anna asked hopefully.
Mona turned around with a glare that read ‘no’. The two girls sighed heavily before returning to their scripts. Soon Cleo returned with a giant basket filled with blue roses. “Here you are my lady,” he whispered apologetically. Mona took the roses and hovered about placing them in random vases. Her hate soon went away and she became quite gleeful again. Everyone sensed it was going to be a long day.
Time soon passed by. The once dusty halls of the rundown theater were once again alive, so to speak. Hundreds of ghosts swarmed the halls ogling the scenery. Blue roses swarmed the halls in light blue vases surrounded by candles that gave it a romantic look. The petals that fell cascaded the carpets that looked brand new. The chandeliers were lit ablaze to show light amongst the dim halls. Everything was simply perfect. A sense of class and wealth. The ghosts loved the old timey feel to it and continued on towards the stage where the main event was being held.
A hand slipped past the curtain to draw it back an inch. No face emerged just a simple sound. A whimper of fright and irritation. Soon the curtain fell back into place and the clouded dark figure hunched by the wall and began to hug itself.
“There you are,” a voice called out. It was feminism and soft.
The figure didn’t bother to glance up. It knew who it was. “Shinu,” she whimpered, “there’s a lot of people out their.”
“What people, “Shinu asked with a laugh, “all I saw was ghosts.”
“You know what I mean...I’m scared.”
“Don’t worry Anna,” she said comfortably as she placed a hand on her shoulder, “you’ll do fine. I’m scared myself, but we can’t run away. If we did Mona would kill us!”
Anna gave a weak smile, but you couldn’t tell in the dim light. “Yeah I know, but I wish we could.”
“Are you two ready?” came an all to familiar voice.
“Yes,” Anna replied as she stood up and readjusted her costume.
“Yes,” Shinu replied as well as she took out her sword, “let all those who mock me fall victim to my all mighty plastic sword!”
Anna laughed at her friend as she lanced about pretending to slay things.
“On with the show then,” Mona said with a smile as she fazed through the curtain and onto center stage.
The lights dimmed and focused on her as she began her speech. All went silent as the attention drew on her. John sat on the balcony railings with Andrea. “Here we go,” he muttered to himself.
“Ladies, and gentlemen, ghosts of all ages! I welcome you to my theater and hope to please your already dead hearts with a tragic tale of love and romance! Our tale is set in the early ages back when kings ruled with an iron fist. Please enjoy the show!” Mona bowed after she was done and faded away. No sooner did she do that, the curtain began to shrivel away into the abys and their stood Anna with her eyes close. All attention went to her and her gaudy outfit. Her eyes soon opened and the play began.
“Woah is me,” she mumbled aloud, “I be but a normal peasant girl with hardly a shilling to my name. My father is ill, and my mother be dead. Now I must go into town and sell our last cow to the highest bidder and buy food!” Anna tugged on a rope and out came Cleo dressed like a cow.
“Moooo,” he whined as he crawled about.
The audience gave a hearty laugh at the scene before them. John was quite amused himself for he found he gave a laugh of his own but quickly coughed and cleared his throat. Andrea had caught it though and smiled. The play went on for a good while. There was sword fights and lots of death scenes. John was actually enjoying himself. The play ended with the peasant girl finally killing herself from her broken heart. When it was all said and done everyone clapped, including John.
Mona reappeared and made her final speech. “Thank you all for coming,” she said, “I hoped you enjoyed the show and I hope to see you all again very soon! Goodnight everyone and have a pleasant flight home!”
With that all the ghost flooded out of the halls abuzz with gossip about the play. Mona was quite pleased to say the least. John hoovered down next to her and slowly clapped which startled her a bit. “Bravo little sis,” he commented, “bravo.”
“I take it the play pleased you?” Mona asked with smirk.”
“Oh,” John reassured her, “I was one satisfied customer. I simply must speak to the director and praise her talents of the arts.”
Mona smiled like a little kid who got an ice cream cone when they did something good. “John,” she said with he dopy grin, “you’re just trying to butter me up so I won’t hit you aren’t you?”
John patted his little sister on the head and said, “Yup, you caught me.”
Mona frowned a bit but smiled again. “Liar,” she said, “you really enjoyed it.”
“Yup,” he said again, “but now I must depart you of your new actress so we can continue on our quest.”
“Take care of her,” Mona warned, “if I hear tell of you misusing her then so help me.”
John put hi hand up in protest. “Now Mona,” he said with a laugh, “you know me better then that.”
“That’s why I’m warning you,” Mona snapped.
John laughed evilly as he walked down the halls to retrieve Anna. When he reached the door to which he saw Anna go in he phased his head through and asked, “Are ya descent?”
Clearly she wasn’t, for she was changing, but he didn’t care and he phased through the door. Anna turned around and sighed, “Could you at least knock or something?” John with a melancholy expression on his face raised his arm up and mockingly knocked on the wooden object behind him. It was really more a tap. Anna sighed inwardly and put her shirt over her head hoping to cover at least a part of her and then turned back around. “What,” she asked angrily.
“We’re leaving,” John stated as he placed his hands behind his head and waited for a reaction.
“Ok,” Anna said as she started to put on her pants.
“That’s it,” John asked confused, “no protesting, no ‘awww but please John I want to stay and hang out with Shinu’?”
“Nope,” Anna said melancholy as she buttoned her pants and began to put on her shoes.
John wasn’t convinced, so he floated over towards her and had his face merely inches away form hers. “You’re up to something,” he said aloud.
“Why whatever do you mean,” Anna asked innocently.
“Don’t play innocent with me, I know you. You’re not the type to just say give in and do as I say.”
“I merely don’t feel like arguing is all.”
John seemed a little convinced as he floated away.
“Besides,” Anna mumbled, “Shinu’s coming with us.”
John halted in his steps and ever so slowly turned around before a loud roar erupted is throat that echoed down the halls.
“WHAT!?!?!?!?!”