Fan Fiction ❯ ShadowBaby ❯ Boo…I Scared You ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
~*Disclaimer-Shinu is not mine, lol. She is actual the person who told me about Mona. All rights to Shinu belong to Shinu; just like all rights to Mona belong to Mona. Aright then, now that I’ve said my disclaimer, let’s get on with it.*~

Anna, Cleo, John, and Mona all scurried along the corridors that lead to where they heard the loud banging noise. When they finally reached the over cobwebbed lobby, they all seem to huddle in a corner.
The intruder was two males. One didn’t even look like a male at all. In fact, at first glance you could have mistaken him as an old woman. The other was indeed a young perky lad. Only instead of perk he was as white as a ghost and was shaking from fear.
“This place gives me the spooks,” the young lad whispered.
“Hush up,” the older man snapped, “we have our orders. We’re not getting paid to just linger about. Let’s find this so called drama queen, send her to the astral plane, and get out. I don’t want to miss my shows.”
“Drama queen,” Mona hissed, “I’ll show them drama queen.”
Mona was about to rush out there in pure rage when John’s psychic mind restrained her. “No,” he whispered, “not yet.”
Mona calmed down and whispered, “You better teach those vultures a lesson.”
“Don’t worry,” John whispered with a smile, “I’ll be sure to avenge the drama queen.”
Mona glared a look of hatred towards her older brother. “Am not,” she huffed as she turned away.
“Hello,” the older man called out, “hello, spirit can you hear me?”
“Hello,” the younger man muttered.
“We were sent here to help you find peace, so you can move on.” the older man yelled.
Mona chuckled to herself. John joined her small evil chuckle with his own. Anna began to sweat like a druggie that was pulled over by the cops while they were stoned. Cleo twisted his hat in his hands; his teeth bit his lower lip.
“Show yourself,” the old man yelled.
“No thanks,” Mona whispered.
“My lady,” Cleo warned.
“Now,” John whispered to Mona, “you’re about to experience true power.” He then stood up and cracked his head, like a chiropractor would. “Show time,” he whispered as he vanished in a blink of an eye. He then reappeared behind the two psychics.
“We’re here to help you.” the older man said.
“I highly doubt that.” John scoffed as he crossed his arms.
The two psychics quickly turned around. They both jumped from being startled. The younger psychic looked like he was about to faint. The older psychic quickly calmed down and asked, “Who are you? They told us that the ghost was a young female deity that would attack people if they didn’t add her name to their plays.”
John refused to answer. A simple smirk was placed on his stone cold face.
“Well,” the older man said, “if we have to get rid of you too, so be it.” His hand slowly reached into his pocket. Then it quickly spat out while holding onto several sacred sutra slips.
“I dare you,” John growled as he took a step toward them.
“I warned you,” the older man growled as he threw them at John.
‘Barrier,’ John telepathically sent to Anna.
Anna closed her eyes and sent out a small barrier that only covered the front of John.
The two psychics backed away with fear as they saw their sacred sutras burst into flames from Anna’s pink barrier. “What the,” the older man gasped.
“Dad,” the young man stuttered.
“Now it’s my turn,” John growled.
Anna released her barrier and took in a deep breath.
“Hell’s fire,” John muttered. Suddenly he erupted into flames.
“Dad,” the younger man stuttered.
The flames shot up to the ceiling and danced about the room. Soon the blocked off all escape from the two psychics. The two psychics began to panic. The younger one literally pissed his pants, while the older one was shivering from fear.
“You two picked the wrong theater to mess with,” John snarled.
Mona stood up and walked over to where the fire was. She then merged and became one with the fire. John smirked as he saw his little sister step out. She was now behind the two psychic’s.
“You see,” Mona chuckled.
The two psychics slowly turned around. The look of fear was priceless.
“When you mess with one,” she continued.
“You mess with me,” John snapped as he began to take on his demon form, “shadow snake.”
The two psychics turned back around an screamed with fear as John’s hair shot up and his teeth turned into fangs. Then his body melted into shadows that oozed its way over to them at a rapid pace. Before they could even blink his deadly shadow form leaped out at them. A demonic face cascaded across the shadow as it devoured the two psychics. The two psychics screamed out in terror as their vision became black. Terrifying images lurked about as John showed them slight visions of death and Hell.
“That’s right,” John snarled, “feel true fear.”
‘That’s enough,’ Anna sent telepathically to John, ’you’ve had your fun.’
‘Just a little more,’ John begged.
‘No,’ Anna snapped.
John released his grip on the psychics and scowled. When his shadow released the last spec of flesh they had he saw how truly terrified they were. The older one was grasping his heart while the younger one was gasping for air. When they noticed that they were free they both shot up and ran for the door.
“Screw this,” the older one yelled.
John laughed along with Mona as they tried to escape. That’s when Mona decided to play her part. She disappeared and reappeared in front of them. “Boo,” she gasped as she blew a cold gust around them.
The two psychics literally froze with fear. It felt like their bodies were frozen. The younger one started to run again, and this time he went right through Mona. Ghost or not, he decided to risk it. When he passed through Mona’s ghostly figure, he shivered from the coldness she admitted. The older man soon followed. He too shivered when he passed though Mona. Mona laughed wholeheartedly as she watched them scamper out of her precious theater like cockroaches scurrying from a light bulb. John chased them slightly out screaming, “And stay out, you vultures.”
Anna couldn’t help but stifle a laugh. It was funny to watch a ghost chase out a psychic, much less two. ‘This is too rich,’ Anna thought.
John’s head tilted towards the left as he stared over at Anna. ‘Well I do my best,’ he telepathically sent to Anna.
Anna slightly gasped as her head turned away with a small pink blush.
“We sure showed them,” Mona stated as she watched the last bit of them scurry off down the road.
“We,” John shout, “I did all the work.”
“But Anna and I played a part,” Mona stated as she placed a finger out towards him.
“My lady,” Cleo stuttered.
“Yes Cleo,” Mona asked.
“As a sign of hospitality for your brother’s civil duty, how do you plan to repay them?” Cleo asked.
“Yeah sis,” John teased, “how on earth do you plan to repay me?”
Mona scowled before she said, “I planed on repaying ANNA by teaching her the form of confidence. I can tell from one glance she’s the shy type.”
“WHAT!” John screamed.
Anna squealed with excitement, “Really?”
Mona nodded with a smile before she said, “Yes my dear. I will teach you how to perform before a captive audience. We will put on a show, a grand show. Any ghost that even beams of importance will attend. It will be my greatest masterpiece ever.”
Anna squealed again, “I’m going to be in a play.”
John was waving his hands frantically. “What about me?” he asked with a whine, “I did all the work.” Anna and Mona ignored him.
“We will have to find you a costume, and someone who will be willing to do your makeup, oh and we will need decorations. Now who can we find at such short notice.” Mona pondered. Then her eyes lit up before she said, “I know, be back in a flash.” Before Anna could ask Mona flew out of the lobby and out onto the street.
“Where is she off to now?” John asked with a huff.
“My lady went to fetch someone,” Cleo stuttered, “most likely her vessel.”
“Her vessel,” both Anna and John screamed.
“It’s not an official vessel,” Cleo stuttered as he took a step back, “it’s just some local kid that likes to hang out here and watch Mona perform. I believe she said her name was Shinu.”
“Shinu,” Anna asked to herself.
“Yes,” Cleo said, “she’s a sweet kid with an unusual mind, much like yours.” Cleo pointed at Anna.
“Like me,” Anna asked aloud.
“Good God,” John gasped, “it’s the end of the world.”
Anna glared up at John and said, “No, that’ll happen when you get your body back.”
John laughed, “Yeah I guess you’re right.”
“Well anyhow,” Cleo stuttered, “she loves to come down and watch Mona perform. She’s not afraid of us and in a way I believe she finds ghosts fascinating.”
“Really,” John asked amused, “then she’ll get a kick out of me.”
“Don’t flatter yourself,” Anna muttered as her eyes began to glow a bright pink. John’s laughing ceased when he found himself pinned to the floor.
“Hey,” he shouted, “no fair, you caught me off guard.” His eyes began to glow a bright red. Anna’s tight psychic grasp on him wore thin and he in turn, returned the favor.
“Hey,” Anna shouted as she began to float up in the air, “no fair, I haven’t learned that trick yet.”
“To bad,” John snapped as he made Anna’s body sway about.
“Stop it,” she screamed as he sent her flying toward the ceiling only to come flying back down towards the ground. “Ahh,” she screamed.
“Master,” Cleo warned.
“What,” John laughed as he continued to torment Anna.
“Master, I think you had better stop,” Cleo warned.
“Or what,” John asked with an evil laugh. A small tap traced John’s right shoulder. John in response turned his head around. “What,” he snapped. *Bam* John went flying across the room and into the wall. The force was so great that John’s spiritual force left its mark on Mona’s walls. John’s grip on Anna broke and she came crashing back down. Luckily though, she was able to control the wind patterns and safely float back down. Anna glanced over and saw a very pissed off Mona. Her hand was still balled up in a fist and her face was even getting some color on it. A young girl was beside her. She was laughing quite a bit.
“Jonathan Alexander Spelling,” she shouted.
John groaned a bit before he glared up at his baby sister. “What the hell was that for?” he shouted.
“What kind of person just throws their host about like a rag doll?” Mona snapped.
Anna sighed with relief before she stuck her tongue out at John. John in return growled before he went charging at Anna. Anna gasped and put up a barrier around herself. John began to repeatedly hit the ball of energy. “Damn it,” he snarled when he punched again, “damn it Anna.”
“Leave that poor girl alone,” Mona growled, “isn’t it enough that she has to put up with you twenty-four seven?”
John finally began to calm down. “Damn it Mona,” John snapped at her, “why the hell do you always have to be a pain in my ass?”
“That’s what siblings do,” Mona said with a shrug, “it’s just natural.”
John growled again before he noticed the young teenage girl standing beside his baby sister. “So this is Shinu?” John asked with a smirk.
Shinu frowned before she said, “Yes, I am Shinu. I take it Cleo has filled you in?”
Cleo bowed with respect. “Yes my lady,” he stuttered.
Shinu looked at him sweetly before she said, “No need to be frightened. I tell you everyday. I am exactly like you, well minus the whole living part.” Shinu laughed again before she glanced back over at Anna.
Anna in return stared back and smiled sweetly.
“So you’re the shadow baby everyone has been talking about, Anna right?” Shinu asked.
“Uh, huh,” Anna said, “wow I didn’t know I was so popular.”
“You are so lucky,” Shinu said with a sweet smile, “you get to meet all kinds of different ghosts. So far I’ve only met Mona and Cleo.”
“Well,” Anna muttered, “not all ghosts are so interesting.”
“Still though,” Shinu stated, “you are a vessel to the almighty king of the damned. That is a heavy burden for anyone to handle.” Shinu stared at the now every boastful John.
“He is quite a handful,” Anna muttered. John frowned.
“He’s the almighty king,” Shinu proclaimed, “he can summon any spirit. Do you know what I would give to have that kind of psychic strength? I love ghosts and how complicated their lives are. I always come here to study up on ghosts behavior from Mona and Cleo. It would be an amazing opportunity to get to study the great and powerful John.”
John smirked with pride before he said, “Well at least SOMEONE appreciates my greatness.”
“I appreciate it, to a certain extent.” Anna chuckled.
“Well now,” Mona chirped in, “now that the introductions are out of the way, let’s get on to more important matters.”
“Right,” Shinu stated.
“I plan to produce a play,” Mona said with a wink toward Shinu.
“A play!” Shinu proclaimed.
Mona nodded and said, “To build Anna’s confidence. I also plan to build yours as well, Shinu.”
Shinu slightly flinched.
“You’re shy as well?” Anna asked.
“Define shy,” Shinu teased, “yes I’m shy. I can’t help it, it’s in my nature.”
Anna smiled and let out a small chuckle as she said, “I know how you feel.”
“Anyhow,” Mona interrupted, “I plan to invite all high standing ghostly deities to it. Anna, Shinu, you two will play the two lead roles. John, you will summon as many spirits as you can to attend. Cleo, you will be our decorator.”
“What about you?” Anna asked. Both Shinu and Mona laughed in unison.
“Why I plan to direct the play,” Mona said with a smile, “after all it is my theater.”
Anna felt so embarrassed. “Right,” she stuttered.
Shinu walked over to Anna and said, “Don’t worry, I’ve been known to say blonde things myself.”
“Shinu, Anna,” Mona called out.
“Yes ma’am,” Shinu asked with a fake salute.
“Go into my old chambers and get to know one another. I believe you will find out you have more in common then you think.” Mona said with a smirk.
Shinu nodded her head before she began to drag Anna down the halls toward the back of the theater. “This way.” Shinu would say and, “Not much further now.”
Anna continued to stagger behind her as a series of twists and turns came about. “Where exactly is this chamber she was talking about?” Anna asked.
“It’s the last one on the left,” Shinu said as she began to pick up her pace. Soon she started to run. It was obvious Shinu was excited about this whole mess.
“Wait,” Anna called out. Anna in return began to shortly run after her. When she finally caught up, Anna decided to catch her breath. Her back propped up against the dusty walls and her hands grasped her sides.
Shinu giggled as she turned a doorknob. A loud creaking noise echoed on down the halls as Shinu flipped on a light switch. The light flickered for a minute before it turned itself completely on. “Bad wiring,” Shinu stated as she made her way inside, “if you want to rest, there’s a bed in here.”
Anna smiled inwardly as she too walked in. Her body felt like a heavy mass of dead weight as she collided with the clean red silk sheets. “Why is the bed so clean?” Anna asked Shinu.
“I sometimes sleep here,” Shinu said, “and I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to be snorting cobwebs while I sleep.” Both Anna and Shinu laughed.
“So,” Anna said, “Mona said we had some things in common.”
“Apparently,” Shinu said as she too sat down on the bed.
“I wander what,” Anna asked aloud.
“Well the only way to find out it to describe ourselves.” Shinu stated.
“Okay,” Anna said.
“I’ll go first,” Shinu gasped as she sat straight up.
Meanwhile, John and Mona were arguing again.
“How in the world,” Mona snapped, “did I ever become related to a stubborn dumb ass like you?”
“Well I don’t see how a great demon like me can be related to a self-centered diva like YOU!” John screamed.
“Oh yeah,” Mona snapped, “you think you’re so bad, huh. Well in case you have forgotten this self-centered diva knocked you out cold a minute ago.”
“That was a cheap shot!” John yelled.
“It’s always a cheap shot with you!” Mona screamed.
“Now, now, Cleo interjected, “let’s all just calm down.”
“Shut up!” both Mona and John snapped towards Cleo. Cleo cowered into a corner and let them continue their petty squabble.
“Well you’re a spoiled pompous idiot who’ll flirt with anything just to get a few clicks in your meter!” Mona snapped.
“I’m a guy,” John snapped back, “so sue me if I’m addicted to sex.”
Mona gasped from disgust. “I don’t even know you.” she snarled.
“Good,” John snapped as he turned his back to her.
“Agh,” Mona screamed as she pulled her hair, “you are impossible to reason with. All I asked from you was to summon a few measly spirits to my play. What is your problem?”
“What’s my problem,” John snapped, “what’s YOUR problem. At least I’m not obsessed with some measly theater. My God Mona, look around. It’s a rundown shack. The only thing that even looks decent in this blasted place is that blasted stage.”
Mona’s face was pure rage. “Take it back,” she snarled, “take it back.” John glared at her.
“My theater is not a rundown shack. It was once the highlight of the nineteenth century. Royalty use to attend these fine majestic walls that you call rubble. It is still a royal feet in my eyes. Have you forgotten the pure elegance this place once had?”
“No,” John snapped, “and that’s why I hate it. It use to be my favorite place in the whole world, but now look at it. Face it sis the past doesn’t belong in this day and age. I left my memories of this place to rot in Hell, where they belong.” John then stormed out of the lobby and on down the hall. When he reached the end of it he heard to young female voices laughing up a storm. He became interested and propped his head against the doorframe.
“Yeah,” Anna laughed, “Mona was right we do have a lot in common.”
“Uh, huh,” Shinu laughed back, “I’ve never met anyone as dark as me.”
“Hell if we combined forces we could make all the Goths we know cower in fear.” Anna laughed.
“Got that right,” Shinu giggled as she held her sides.
“I never met anyone who shared my beliefs.” Anna stated.
“And I never met anyone that was so blunt,” Shinu inputted, “I like your point of view.”
“We should hang out more often,” Anna suggested.
“I second the motion,” Shinu said with a smile.
“So how long have you and Mona known each other?” Anna asked, “I mean what’s the deal with you two?”
“Well,” Shinu said, “I’ve known Mona for a while now. I’d say at least two years. My sister use to attend this college for performing arts and well this little theater was their favorite spot. Mona liked to make a weekly appearance with them and everything they wrote had to mention her name in it, or she would go nuts. I got into paranormal stuff around that time, and here I am.” Shinu then laughed.
“That’s so cool,” Anna said as she laid back down.
“Yep,” Shinu said, “not only that I’ve been getting lessons from her about using psychic abilities. She doesn’t have much psychic force, but a little goes a long way.”
“What all do you know?” Anna asked.
“Well she taught me how to levitate small objects,” Shinu muttered, “and she also taught me how to bend the will of people. Only drawback though is that it only lasts for a few minutes.”
“Cool,” Anna gasped.
“What all can you do?” Shinu asked.
“Well,” Anna said, “I can put up barriers around people and objects. That’s about it.”
Shinu looked shocked. “You mean you only know one trick?” Shinu asked with disbelief.
“Well,” Anna stuttered, “John likes to take it slow with me. I haven’t fully mastered it yet, so I haven’t started on anything else. Oh and I don’t know if this is a trick or not, but I can talk to him threw my thoughts.”
“Like telepathy?” Shinu asked.
“Yeah,” Anna chirped.
“Is it just with him?” Shinu asked.
“Well,” Anna pondered, “yeah I think.”
Shinu smiled and said, “Well don’t worry. I’ll teach you how to move objects around and control people’s minds.”
“Thanks,” Anna chuckled.
There was a short silence before Anna broke the ice. “Cleo mentioned that you’re like a vessel to her.” Anna stated.
“I am,” Shinu said, “but only when need be. I don’t really like the feeling of being tired all the time, but the knowledge that a supernatural force is crawling inside of you is thrilling to no end.”
“I guess,” Anna said as she rolled over.
“So what about you and John,” Shinu asked, “what’s your story?”
“It’s complicated,” Anna said, “I was being an arrogant fool and decided to dabble in the art of witchcraft. Bota-bing-bota-boom out pops John. Next thing I know I’m waking up with over a hundred dead people cheering my name and criticizing me. I never felt so scared in my life. All I wanted to do was summon my guardian angel to protect me, but instead I get John. Oh what joy, this whole journey has been a living nightmare. If it’s not psychics chasing us down it’s demons.”
“Demons,” Shinu asked.
“They’re related to John somehow…like his cousins or something. They tried to kill me, but hey no big deal.”
“What!” Shinu gasped.
“Yep,” Anna stated, “they both try to kill me, but hey it’s a living.”
“How can you be so mellow about that?” Shinu asked.
“You get use to it.” Anna said in a cool tone.
“Ok,” Shinu said in a cool low voice. Her eyes glanced away as she asked, “So how close are you two, and how long have you been at this journey?”
Anna slightly blushed as she said, “We’re pretty close and we’ve been at it for a while. On estimate, I’d say a month and a half.”
“Wow,” Shinu gasped.
“Yep,” Anna said with a victory smirk, “we’ve traveled to a bunch of places and have met some colorful people, but mostly I hang around Andrea; when John’s not around.”
“Who’s Andrea,” Shinu asked.
“She’s John’s advisor,” Anna explained, “she takes care of all his appointments and clients. Think of a secretary.”
“Oh,” Shinu proclaimed.
“She’s been around John for a while now and knows everything about him. Like a nanny.” Anna giggled.
‘A nanny,’ John thought appalled.
“The great and powerful John has a nanny?” Shinu asked with a laugh.
“I strict one too,” Anna chirped in. They both shared a laugh as they visualized John as a little baby being held by someone. Anna envisioned her baby John with a disheveled Andrea.
John saw their visions and looked even more appalled.
“I hope Mona was kidding about the whole audience thing,” Shinu laughed.
“I hope so too,” Anna said, “I can’t stand performing in front of a live, well nearly live audience.”
John began to smile an evil laugh as he devised a plan to embarrass the two girls.
“I’m afraid I would fall flat on my butt.” Anna laughed.
“Me too,” Shinu giggled.
‘Oh,’ John thought, ‘this is gonna be good.’ Then he disappeared and reappeared in front of his beloved sister. “Mona,” John formally said, “I’ve been thinking about this play of yours.”
“Yeah,” Mona asked in a mocking way.
“I will humbly assist you in requiring the guests.”
“Really,” Mona asked with disbelief.
“Really,” John said with an evil smirk.
Meanwhile in Mona’s chambers Anna and Shinu were laughing up a storm. “Do you think he bought it,” Shinu asked in a whisper.
“Yep,” Anna said in a whisper.