Fatal Fury Fan Fiction / Street Fighter Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Innocent? Yet Addicted ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3

"…You cheated Ryu!" Kio barked while sparing with her brother. She took her hand together, then swaying them she called. "LIGHTING STRIKE!" She hollered as a huge red gleaming energy ball darted at Ryu. He jumped flipping in the air. But the ball followed. Ken looked from the deck, sipping an orange juice. Kio stood back and watch Ryu hid behind a tree then duck, the ball smashed the tree, and dispersed. Ryu looked up at his sister and smiled.

"Getting better I see." Ryu said as Kio nodded her head. She was beginning to feel much better; her brother's calm carefree presence was helping more than she knew.

"Ready?" Ken said while closing his door and walking towards them. Kio and Ryu nodded. They decided to go on a journey together. Leave everything behind, even money and just get in tune with nature again.

They'd walked through most of the night, about 120 miles west from where they started. The leaves they passed where red, brown and yellow. The three of them stayed silent most of the way, until Ryu yawned and wanted to sleep. Turning off into a thick forest, which seemed unknown to man, filled with only 3 humans and deer and some birds. Ryu relaxed against a tree and began to sleep, but Ken and Kiko where wide away.

"I'm going to jog." Kio told Ken. Ken nodded his head as she suddenly disappeared.

"Um, Chun Li must have taught her that one." Ken mumbled.

Kio ran threw the forest at top speed, she steered through the growing trees and brush to smell the wild flowers dancing in the breeze. She looked up and saw the dark sky with stars gleaming onto her. She smiled. For the first time in months, she was around people she knew and loved and it finally got her out of her depressed hole. After running for what felt like an eternity, she stopped at a glittery stream that passed in her way. It was beautiful; the moonlight sparkled over the dark water. It emptied into a huge lake.

"Almost lost you." Ken said while huffing softly from the chase. Kio turned, she felt alive as he stared into her eye. He stepped towards her he placed his hands on her cheeks. Before tilting her head and leaning in to kiss her. But Kio pulled away, with a smile pictured on her face. She closed her eyes.

"You have to chase me longer. It can't be so easy." Kio backed up and began running again. Ken smirked and followed her.

"You can't run so fast any more can you?" He snapped as she saw him aside her. She pushed her arms and gritted her teeth; she was now ahead of him. He flew threw the trees trying to catch up, he was finally ahead of her, then he gripped her arm and stopped her. She laughed as he couldn't help but laugh too.

"Got you now Kiko." He sighed as she froze with a big ass grin implanted on her once sadden face. He saw how much happier she seemed. He pulled her in, and kissed her.

Once the moment passed, he held her close, the stars and moon as their light, he held her in his arms.

What am I doing? I love Terry, I mean I think I do. But Ken. He's never ran from me, never denied me. He's always been there. Kio thought, then something flashed in her mind. RYU! Oh god, he'll kill Ken. He almost broke Joe's back. Thank god, Joe just thought Ryu was some guy, or he'd hold that against me. Wait, Terry. Where are you Terry? She looked up at Ken, his eyes where closed as she was nuzzled on his chest.

Kio knew fighting it wouldn't help anything either. So she was stuck.

* * * * *

"…What? She's gone?" Terry yelled over the phone with Andy. After 9 months, this was the first time Terry revealed where he was and actually spoke to his brother and the others. Andy held the phone while munching on some crackers while Mia and Joe fought over whom would talk to him next. Andy informed Terry that Kiko was gone, for the past 2 months, then Terry became concerned. "She didn't say where, or how long?"

"We figure she's looking for you."

"What?"

"You can't be that thick Terry." Andy laughed a little; knowing Terry didn't get it. "She's wrapped up in you. Especially when SSSS was around, it killed her." Andy wished he hadn't said killed. Since she died in Terry's arms, about 10 months ago.

"Right," Terry sarcastically said. But he was in disbelief too. Kio was incredible, why would she love him?

"Well, you just find her then." Andy said, then Terry hung up. Mia and Joe fell over in agony, angry Andy let Terry hang up without speaking to them.

"WHAT?" Andy asked as Joe tossed a chair at Andy.