Fatal Fury Fan Fiction / Street Fighter Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Innocent? Yet Addicted ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6

It was the end of her world. She could hear her life crash and dart into sharp shards right in front of her. After 8 hours, many of the matches, all almost 45 each, it came down to the final two.

Kio looked out from her 10 row seat with her knee as her perch. Ryu, bloody, beaten and tired sat next to her.

"I can believe it, I sure as hell thought this day would never come." Kiko mumbled as Ryu wiped his bloody brow with his once white now red outfit as Kio gazed at her bloody fists. In the 9th round, Ken and Ryu fought, and feeling secure Kiko walked off to get some food. Returning she saw her brother flat on his back, with Ken standing up, then leaning over to check his friend. Kiko dropped her food. Then ran to the crowded railing, dividing fighters and fans. But she wasn't a fan; she jumped over the railing, and ran to her brother. Kio was grabbed by security, but she punched both of the fat men and darted to Ryu. Sliding on her knees Kio touching Ryu's cheek, he was awake. He smiled as Ken helped him up. Ken won, for to first time, he beat Ryu. Ken seemed somewhat happy, but you could tell he was on a mission.

Looking over at her brother, she shook her head then touched his palm.

"I'll get some ice." She muttered Ryu ignored her as she walked off through the aimless crowd. "Pigs." Kio knew all the people where here to watch someone get hurt, not to admire the skill and power one practiced and perfected as most martial arts did. It was honor, and truth to most. She smashed through them, and collect some ice.

"It'll be fine Kio." Ryu said as Kio sat down, chucking his bag of ice on his eye. He laughed slightly, trying to make her feel better. She folded her arms when the crowd clapped and screamed as Ken walked onto the platform. The sky was bright as the sun's rise beaded down on those surrounding the so-called challenge. Once Ken stepped onto the platform, Terry entered. Both looked beaten, but there they stood, one step closer to the purse.

Terry's hat was missing, his gloves where gone and his knuckles where bloody. Ken's nose was broken, his brow was missing a chunk and his arms where scrapped up. Once the bell rang, people screamed and chanted both names.

"GO-GO-GO TERRY!"

And

"KNOCK'EM DEAD KEN!" Where just a few. But it was more than some match to Kiko it was almost they choosing for her. She knew that's what drove Ken, she was unsure what made Terry go that way. Kiko turned to looked at her brother; he stared down at the looming question.

Who would win?

* * * * *

"OUCH!" the crowd screamed. 20 minutes into the fight, Terry did a spinning kick into Ken's jaw, sending him flying almost off the platform. Both seemed like they where running out of blood. There were so many cuts, so many injuries. Ken quickly returned to his feet to move before Terry's punch connected to his face. His fist collided onto the concrete, and smashed the hell out of it. And possibly breaking his knuckles.

Ken was now behind Terry; he kicked Terry from behind. Terry swung in the air from the blow. Ken turned and created an energy ball, and threw it straight at Terry's floating body. But Terry moved enough to the side as the ball sliced into the crowd. Terry fell onto the ground, hunching his back he slowly stood up as Ken took a breather, waiting for Terry to stand. Ken approached him, and went for a right hook. Terry leaned back then briskly forming his fist; he forced it in full speed into Ken's gut. Ken flew back hugging his stomach that felt bruised and broken already. Terry knew it was time, he crossed his wrists, and forming a bright-lighted orb, he sent it Ken's way. Just as ken did the same. Ken on his back felt the orb dice into his shoulder blade, surly dislocating it. Terry fell back again, with the energy orb pounding into his abdomen.

Ryu looked at Kiko, she was standing up while Ken and Terry lay motionless. A combination of being tired, weak and with so many injuries for earlier fights they could barely stand, lying on the hot concrete was more fun.

"Kio no." Ryu tried to stop her from leaving, but as reckless as she normally was, she dashed onto the platform. Before she could reach them, they we're covered in medics and the same security guard darted at her Kio pointed at them. But she stopped, seeing Ryu at her side, she turned to him.

"Can we leave?" She asked, Ryu nodded his head, then she and Ryu walked away, with the crowd became rowdy.

Walking along the dusted road, in the middle of no where. Kiko and Ryu walked on the grass edge and didn't speak for hours. Ryu was proud. Kio made a choice, a right choice. Ken advanced with passion and anger, that drove him to win over Ryu, drove him with love, which he had for Kiko. Terry was complete skill, and determination, with anger swirled in there too. Kiko didn't care any more.

"You did the right thing. You may act selfish sometimes, create a rude vibe. But you're smart." Ryu said. She didn't take it personally; she just sighed as they came to Chun Li's small place.