Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Acting ❯ Golden Week ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hello again folks!! Almost exactly seven months since my last post I have managed to finish another chapter. And I have to tell the handful of you who still read this that I love each and every one of you!
 
*hugs you*
 
Thank you for continuing to read this. I swear that this is about half done and that I will finish it! And once I do I can finally work on the thirty other stories I've thought of since starting this, though none of them are Fruits Basket, sorry. Enjoy the chapter.
 
 
Chapter 10 Golden Week
 
“Damn, you're still here.” Kyo grumbled when he came downstairs for breakfast.
 
“And what's so very wrong about that?” Ayame asked with a wounded expression. “I simply thought I might join you for the beginning of this Golden Week!”
 
Kyo just huffed and slumped down on the other side of the table and ignored the snake.
 
“Good morning Kyo-kun!” Toru said happily from the kitchen. “Breakfast will be ready soon.”
 
“O.k.”
 
“Is Yuki up?”
 
“Just about. I think he'll be down soon.”
 
“Oh good.” She turned to Ayame. “Ayame-san, could you please go get Hatori-san and Shigure-san?”
 
“Of course Toru-chan!” Ayame stood gracefully and left the room.
 
“Is the rabbit still here too?” Kyo asked.
 
“Yep.” Momiji chirped from the kitchen door.
 
“Goody.” Kyo sighed and lay down to wait for breakfast. Moments later, Ayame returned with the other two in tow. Just as Momiji was setting out the dishes, Yuki blearily entered and sat next to Kyo. He looked around the table and sighed. There were at least three people there that he didn't want to deal with that morning.
 
“Ah, my dearest little brother!” Ayame exclaimed. “You're up. Good, good. I have an announcement! Toru-chan are you almost done? Come in here, please.”
 
“Coming.”
 
Toru quickly set breakfast on the table and sat at her place.
 
“So, what do you absolutely need to tell us?” Yuki asked dryly.
 
“I have decided that we all need to go to the mountains for this golden week!” He smiled around the table. They just stared at him.
 
Yuki sighed. “And just what do you expect us to do there, dearest brother?”
 
Ayame tipped his head to one side, looking thoughtful. “Well, it's far too late for snow, but we can still hike or picnic or any number of things. What is important is to take in the exquisite beauty the mountains have to offer. It'll be fun! Trust me!”
 
Ayame smiled radiantly.
 
“Hiking?” Yuki asked rather pointedly.
 
“It will be fine! OH!” Ayame's eyes lit up. “For example, if you'd rather not hike with us you can practice your lines. The local scenery should be very inspiring! And should you need any help don't hesitate to ask. I would happily lend a hand!” He beamed at Yuki.
 
Yuki glowered. Kyo groaned.
 
“And what mountains are proposing exactly Ayame?” Hatori asked as he turned the page of his newspaper.
 
“The Miyagi Zao Mountains. I believe the lodge is a moderate distance from the Eboshi ski grounds.”
 
“Eboshi ski grounds?” Toru asked, tilting her head to one side.
 
“Haven't you heard of it Toru-chan?” Momiji asked.
 
“I have, but isn't that really far from here?”
 
“Nonsense, we can simply take one of the family cars. It's a bit of a drive, but we can entertain each other,” Ayame said, still smiling happily, “And while the lodge is not right next to the ski ground I think we should visit it. I've heard that it's filled with Narcissus flowers this time of year.”
 
“Well, but…” she said looking unsure.
 
“I think you'd better just go with it Toru-chan. It's going to happen one way or another.” Shigure said as he reached for his tea.
 
“Considering it sounds like he's already made reservations…” Kyo muttered darkly.
 
“Yep, we already reserved rooms at the lodge.” Momiji said happly.
 
Kyo growled at him.
 
“That settles it!” Shigure said. “If we pack up after breakfast we can be there by mid-afternoon!”
 
“Yay! I'll go with `Tori and get the car!” Momiji said as he finished his breakfast.
 
“I suppose it's going to happen no matter what I say.” Hatori sighed and put down his paper.
 
“Wait! You were in on this too?” Kyo exclaimed.
 
Hatori just shrugged and collected his empty dishes.
 
“Ah! You don't have to do that Hatori-san!” Toru exclaimed.
 
“It's fine.” He grabbed Momiji's dishes as well and went to put them in the sink. Momiji hopped up to grab his and Hatori's shoes from by the front door.
 
“Ayame, did you pack already?”
 
“Yes, I left it in your car. Momiji is packed as well.”
 
Momiji hopped back into the room with their shoes.
 
“Here you go, `Tori.” He said as he handed the larger pair over.
 
“Thanks.”
 
They stepped through the back door and sat to pull the shoes on.
 
“We should be back in about twenty or thirty minutes.” And with that Hatori and Momiji set off for the main house.
 
“That should be plenty of time to pack!” Shigure said with a grin. He put his dishes in the sink and then went to pack, humming to himself the whole time. Ayame followed him out.
 
“Arg, they can't be serious!” Kyo growled. “They just freakin' up and abduct us without any kind of warning and expect us to go along with a smile! Don't ask if we might have had plans or not, just `Hey guess what we're going hiking at some resort, isn't that great?!'”
 
“You're going to hurt yourself if you keep going like that.” Yuki warned him absentmindedly. “You didn't have any plans did you Honda-san?”
 
She shook her head. “Uo and Hana had been talking a bit but we hadn't made any plans. I should call them so they know.”
 
“That would probably be good. I'm glad to know that those three's conspiring isn't actually messing anything up.”
 
Kyo snorted. “Don't you mean four?”
 
“No, I suspect that this crackpot idea was mostly my brother and Momiji's idea. Shigure was probably told soon after they finished thinking of it. Hatori probably knew something was up, but just now found out what.”
 
Kyo grumbled, but accepted that Yuki was probably right.
 
“Well, I suppose that means we should pack for cool weather.” Toru said with a smile. She collected the remaining dishes and went to wash them. “You guys should get started.”
 
They sighed in defeat.
 
--------------------------------
 
Hours later and the car pulled up outside a good sized lodge. It had three rather sprawling stories painted tan with the roof eves painted dark green and looked able to accommodate a large number of guests. It also had many public rooms, a hot spring, a few open air baths, as well as Japanese and western style rooms. Ayame had spent a lot of the beginning of the trip talking about it. As they had approached the lodge he'd pointed out several of the hiking paths, a path that lead to a stable and horse trail, and a number of other things.
 
“Alright, everyone out and grab your bag. I'll park the car and meet you in the lobby.”
 
Everyone climbed out of the car and moved to the trunk.
 
“And Shigure, can you carry Yuki's bag for him?”
 
“Sure, Ha-san.” Shigure said with a smile. Yuki muttered a thank you as Shigure grabbed his bag.
 
Once everyone had their bags, Ayame closed the trunk. “We have your bag as well, Hatori.”
 
Hatori waved and drove off to find a parking space while Momiji herded them all inside.
 
“Let's go. Time to check in!” he exclaimed.
 
The older two and Toru laughed as they allowed Momiji to pull them through the double sliding glass doors.
 
“I still hate this.” Kyo said with a soft growl.
 
Yuki just glowered at him and followed the other four inside.
 
Kyo sighed. “This had better end better then I think it will.”
 
With that he joined the others in the lobby. He sat on the arm of the couch they had taken over while waiting for Ayame to finish checking them in. Toru and Momiji were sitting next to each other and talking excitedly about the things they wanted to do. Momiji was for some reason insisting that they needed to go horse back riding.
 
“But I've never ridden a horse before.” Toru told him, a bit scared of the idea of trying.
 
“Don't worry, it's not hard. They can teach you in no time!” Momiji said with a bright smile.
 
Kyo shook his head and glanced at Shigure who was sitting in a chair across from those on the couch. He seemed to be writing something in a note book and for one wild moment Kyo thought he was actually working on his latest book. He quickly brushed that thought aside. In all likelihood, it was some perverted thing he was working on. Having assured himself of that, he turned to watch the doors and the rest of the goings on of the lobby. He watched until Ayame came over and started handing out room keys.
 
“Alright, we adults will be sharing a room.” He said as he passed Shigure a key.
 
Yuki snorted softly when Ayame said `adults'. The only adult in that room that he knew was Hatori.
 
“Really? That should be fun.” Shigure said with a grin.
 
Ayame chuckled and continued. “Yuki and Kyo will be sharing a room. That doesn't mean that you get to hide from us, boys.”
 
“Why would we do that?” They asked sarcastically.
 
“And Momiji and Toru have their own rooms.”
 
“Hey, why does the rabbit get his own room?!” Kyo exclaimed.
 
Momiji grinned at him. Ayame shrugged.
 
“Well, let's see our rooms,” Shigure said, putting his notebook away, “Momiji, can you wait for Ha-san?”
 
“Sure thing!”
 
“No need.” Hatori said, having just entered the lobby. He picked up his bag and looked at Ayame.
 
“Right this way!” He said. “Our rooms are on the first floor.”
 
Ayame lead them out of the lobby and into the main hallway. As they walked he pointed out the way to the hot spring, the lodge restaurant and a few other things. Finally, at a corner he stopped.
 
“This room is ours. Yuki and Kyo, your room is across from ours. Momiji's is around the corner and Toru's is the one next to Momiji's.”
 
“Everyone get settled in and we'll meet for dinner.” Hatori said as he opened the door to his room. Ayame and Shigure followed him and waved cheerfully before closing the door.
 
“Come on Toru, let's see our rooms!” Momiji pulled Toru around the corner.
 
“See you later Yuki, Kyo.” She said quickly as she was pulled away.
 
“Yeah, sure.” Kyo said sulkily.
 
“Stop mopping and open the door.” Yuki told him.
 
“Right, sorry.”
 
Kyo opened the door and held it open for Yuki. Yuki gave the room a quick glance as he put aside his crutches.
 
“I suppose it's not bad.” He said as he hobbled to the nearest bed where he collapsed.
 
“M'hm.” Kyo muttered as he dropped his bag.
 
The room was western style and reasonably sized. Besides the two beds and the bed table between them, there was a desk with a chair, a tv, a mini-fridge with nothing in it, a two person sofa and a small coffee table.
 
Kyo was about to stretch out on the sofa when their door bell rang. Grumbling he went to answer it.
 
“Sorry Kyo, here's Yuki's bag.”
 
Kyo took the bag and closed the door, not caring if Shigure had wanted something else. In the hall, Shigure chuckled and returned to his room.
 
“I'm putting your bag here next to mine.”
 
Yuki mumbled his acknowledgement.
 
Kyo stretched out on the sofa with a sigh.
 
“I still don't have a good feeling about this.”
 
“I haven't had a good feeling about this since my brother showed up.”
 
 
That's all for now and so I want to once again thank all of you for reading and hope that you will continue to do so even though I'm a slow writer.
 
*bows*