Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Battle Royale ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Yuki’s eye’s widened as he whispered one word. “Makoto.”

“I finaly found you Yuki Sohma!” Makoto smiled as he shot out at Yuki, the shot hit a little below his left shoulder, and Yuki fell to the ground. He winced, and covered the wound on his shoulder with his palm, stopping the blood.

“Yuki-kun!” Tohru yelled as she began to run to him, but she was stopped by Kyo, whom grabbed her arm.

“Kyo-kun. We have to help him!” Tohru said silently.

“No, don’t worry. Stay back. I’ll handle this.” Kyo said as he looked at Makoto, whom in return, glared back.

“Why are you going to protect him? You hate him!” Makoto yelled out, and fired a shot out at Kyo, it hit him, but Kyo didn’t get hurt. He didn’t even wince.

“What the hell?!” Makoto yelled out again, surprised that Kyo hadn’t gotten hurt. Who did that boy think he was?

“Unless you want to die right now, I suggest you get the hell out of here!” Kyo yelled, pulling one of his weapons out of his pack. Makoto growled and ran out of the clearing. This wasn’t going to be the last they saw of him.

With the crazy teen gone, everyone brought there attention to Yuki, who was currently leaning up against a tree, covering his shoulder, trying to stop some of the blood. There was already some blood trailing down his arm, onto the floor. They needed to find the medicine room, fast.

“Yuki-kun!” Tohru yelled, running up to the hurt boy.

“I...I’ll be ok. Do any of you have alcohol?” Yuki asked, lookin up at the two other Sohma boy’s.

“Yuki. you’re hurt, and all you can think about is drinking?” Haru said jokingly, receiving a hit on the head from Kyo.

“Baka, this isn’t the time to joke around!” Kyo said angrily.

“I was only trying to lighten the mood.” Haru said sadly. He kneeled down by Yuki, and helped him up, putting his arm over the boy’s shoulders, making it much easier for him to walk.

“How’d you survive those shots?” Yuki asked, and Kyo pulled down his shirt a bit, revealing a bullet-proof vest.

“Follow me, I know where we can go to find some stuff for your wounds.” Kyo said. The other three followed him.

“Kyo?” Yuki said, looking towards the orange haired boy.

“Nani?” Kyo replied, keeping his eyes straight ahead, in case anyone decide to show up and attempt to attack any of them.

“Arigato.” Yuki smiled.

“Yeah, whatever you damn rat. I may not like you, but I don’t hate you, and I won’t let you get killed. I won’t let any of you get killed!” Kyo replied. Maybe, it was possible, that after this whole thing was over, Kyo and Yuki would get along. Maybe.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Kuso! I hate you Ryuho! All my life...I’ve always hated you!” Ryo yelled out, taking aim with his bow and arrow, and hitting the other boy in the chest, he gasped and fell to the floor.

“Why have you always hated me? What did I ever do to you?” He asked, pulling the arrow out of his chest, blood gushed out. He wasn’t hit in the heart, but he would die. No doubt about it, he would die.

“Okaasan, and otosaan always liked you better! It was always ‘Ryuho is so perfect’, “Ryuho is so much smarter.’ and blah, blah, blah. Damnit! I hate you! I never wanted you as a brother...”

“Is that how you really feel? I had it so much better? Believe me, I didn’t. I always envied you. You didn’t have to be an example for everyone. If I messed one little thing up, our parents would punish me for it. I did it all to protect you, they aren’t as good as you think they are. When they punished me they would.....Beat me.”

Ryo blinked and ran up to his brother. How could he not know about something so serious like that?

“Gomen, I never knew Nissan! I never knew!” He said, tears flowing down his eyes.

“It’s ok. Just do me a favor ok?”

“Hai?”

“After I die. I want you to win. Promise me you’ll win?” Ryuho asked. His brother had to win. He didn’t want him to die.

“No! You can’t die - You have to-”

“Promise me...” Ryuho coughed up blood. He couldn’t even feel his body anymore. He closed his eyes, hearing one last thing before darkness consumed him.

“I promise.”

*
*
*
*
*
>>>>>>Boy number 5, Tatako Ryuho, dead. 7 to go<<<<<<
*
*
*
*
*


“I promise niisan, I promise.” Ryo let his tears flow silently down his cheek onto the floor below.

He would avenge his brothers death.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuki whimpered as Haru lowered him down onto a bed. His leg hurt, and now his shoulder hurt. Why was Makoto so set on killing him?

“Ok Yuki. This is most likely going to hurt a lot...But I’m guessing you can take the pain?” Kyo asked, he was holding a large cloth, soaked with alcohol. Yes, that would hurt a lot.

“Yeah, I can take it.” He said, feeling something grasp his hand gently.

“If it hurts you Yuki-kun, just squeeze my hand.” Tohru said.

Yuki smiled. No, he wouldn’t squeeze her hand, because he’d most likely hurt her. But it was nice, holding onto her tiny little hand. It was so soft and warm.

Kyo ripped off the side of Yuki’s shirt, enabling him to clean off the wound. Kyo first put some water on it, so he could clean it, he than placed the alcohol rag on it, pressing down gently.

Yuki whimpered, it did hurt, a lot. While Kyo was cleaning his shoulder, Haru was cleaning his leg.

“I told you it was going to hurt.” Kyo said.

Yuki closed his eyes. He felt as though he was going to cry. But at the same time, it felt a little better. Hopefully, he’d be able to walk now.

“Ok Yuki. Just rest now.” Haru said, disposing of the bloody rags.

“Thanks Haru.” Yuki said silently, and let sleep consume him.

“Haru, Tohru. Whatever happens, do not trust anyone.” Kyo said.

________________________________

Wow, That was so bad! >_< Man, my original chapter was so much better! Damn my niichan for erasing it! He felt bad though, I was yelling at him and he’s like ‘I’m so sorry!’ Eh, I forgive him...

I’ll try my best to update soon ^.^