Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Battle Royale ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
“Don’t trust anyone? We know that already Kyou. Why are you telling us this?” Haru asked, watching as Yuki slept peacefully.

“Just remember that ok?” Kyou said as he sat down on a chair. He sighed, placing his face in his hands. Should he tell them that he was the last winner?

“Yeah, I should.” Kyou said out loud, looking towards the other three.

“Ano, tell us what Kyou-kun?” Tohru asked, confused at Kyou’s sudden statement.

“Haru, wake up the kuso nezumi.” Kyou told Haru, who looked at him with a confused look. He turned away and shook Yuki gently, waking him up.

“What’s the matter?” Yuki asked.

“Kyou-kun has something to tell us.” Tohru said, the three of them looked at Kyou.

“I know a way off this island.” Kyou said, smiling at the fact that the other three look shocked.

“How?” Yuki asked, sitting up.

“They tricked me. And I’m pissed at that. Last year...I was last years winner.” Kyou said.

Yuki, Haru, and Tohru gasped.

“How?” All three of them blurted out, causing Kyou to laugh calmly.

“Last year, we did everything to protect eachother. I killed my best friend, and she killed her own sister. And, then it was just the two of us. We sat there, in eachothers arms. And our collars started to beep, and he stabbed me. I didn’t know how to act, so I shot her. And, right before she died, she said something. She said ‘Thank you Kyou’. But, I don’t know why she said it. I’ll find out though, and I’ll get revenge for her death.” Kyou finished his story, Tohru was crying, and both Haru and Yuki looked shocked.

“I’m sorry Kyou.” Yuki said. It must’ve been painful. Killing someone you loved so much. He looked over to Tohru. He would never kill her. If it was ever just the two of them, he’d kill himself, so Tohru would live.

“Yeah, well.” He sighed.

Shooting was heard outside, and someone screamed.

The four teens jumped up towards the window, and looked outside.

Yumi was running away from someone. Tohru gasped in horror to see that she was running away from Matoko.

Yumi tripped over a tree stump, causing her to tumble down onto the ground on her back. Makoto walked up to her and smiled, placing his foot on her stomach, he pushed down hard, causing her to spit up blood.

“Leave me the hell alone psycho!” Yumi pleaded, tears cascading down her cheek.

Makoto shook his head and laughed. Stupid girl. Did she actually think he’d answer her plea? He reached for his shot gun and brought it up to her face, firing off, and causing her to scream as her face was disintegrated.

*
*
*
*
*
>>>>>>Girl number 7, Hanabishi Yumi dead. 7 to go<<<<<<
*
*
*
*
*

Makoto laughed, looking towards the building, that was close to him.

Tohru, Haru, Yuki and Kyou fell to the ground, praying that Makoto didn’t see him.

“Shit!” Kyou cursed as he heard Makoto turn the doorknob, luckily it was closed. Silence blanketed them for a few moments before something broke through the window.

“A grenade!” Yuki yelled, and everyone ran away from it, taking shelter behind the table.

The grenade exploded, knocking down half of the building in the process.

“Haru, Yuki. Take this, we have to split up, meet Tohru and I at the big tree in the forest in the morning, go now!” Kyou yelled, Haru and Yuki stood up, Yuki struggling. And made there way out of the building, followed by Makoto.

Haru and Yuki ran until they reached a cliff. It wasn’t to high, they’d be able to jump it and actually live.

“Hold on!” Makoto yelled. Haru and Yuki starred at him in horror. Even if they jumped now, Makoto would still get them.

“Time to die Yuki Sohma.” Makoto said as he fired his machine gun. Yuki was pushed down onto the ground, Haru’s body covering his own*1*. Makoto shot until he finally realized that Haru was the one that was getting shot. He growled and reached into his bag, reloading his gun.

“Haru! No! Why did you do that?” Yuki asked, helping Haru lay down.

“Yuki, I don’t want you dead. You’re the most important person in my life*2*, you have to live Yuki. Please live. Goodbye Yuki, and thanks for showing me I wasn’t a fool.

*
*
*
*
*
>>>>>>Boy number 4, Sohma Hatsuharu dead. 5 to go<<<<<<
*
*
*
*
*
*

“NO! Haru!” Yuki yelled. He didn’t have to do that! He didn’t have to save him.

“Now, it’s your turn Yuki.”

_________________________________

*Cries* HARU! No! I’m sorry! I had to, I had to!

1 - He was protecting him.
2 - Not in that way, meaning his best friend and stuff. Though I do like yaoi, there is no yaoi in this story. Sorry!

Sorry I took so long ^^; Like I said, my Niichan erased everything.

Only one chapter left! Than the epilogue. Wow, I can’t believe it’s almost over.

Oh, and you can all thank ‘hypersarcasticinternetaddict’ for giving me the boost to update ^.^

As for the ending, I can’t tell you what’s going to happen, and whether or not it’ll end like Battle Royale. But for the people who have see BR, you’ll notice something that’s the same as the movie in the next chapter.

I’ll try to update sooner ok? But exams are the 20th, 21st, and 22nd. So I must study! Heh, don’t wanna fail!

And I’m gonna dedicate the ending of this to R Junki for being so awesome, and having the best story ever! Everyone, go read ‘A Warm Place’ NOW!

Till next chapter ^.^

Ja ne!