Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Eye Of The Storm ❯ Hot-blooded Man Ayame Takes Center Stage ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Eye Of The Storm

Chapter 8

Hot-blooded Man Ayame Takes Center Stage-

Sunday morning Hatsuharu woke up feeling wore out. He would have not bothered removing the blankets he had piled on himself if it were not for the sudden pressure of extra weight he felt on top of him. After rubbing his eyes he found himself staring into another set of brownish red eyes.

"There you are!" Momiji cheered.

"Get off." Hatsuharu said closing his eyes and turning on his side causing the bunny to nearly fall on his butt.

"Awe, come on Haru! Wake up already." He whined.

"Because of you I am awake." Hatsuharu said calmly.

"Well, then at least get out of the bed; we have a guest you know."

"She's still here?" Hatsuharu said opening his eyes.

"Yup! She's down stairs sleeping in Hari's room."

"Sensei said he would be taking her home this morning. Why isn't she up yet?"

"Well for one Hari isn't up yet."

"He's usually up at six thirty on the weekend…" Hatsuharu said his voice trailing off when he saw what time it was. "You, irritating little midget!" He yelled popping up and throwing the blankets and Momiji off.

"Aaagh!" Momiji yelped has he hit the wall by the door. Hatsuharu did not much appreciate being waken up at 5:13 a.m. He still had the chills and was still very tired from last night (going black takes a lot out of him.).

"It's five in the morning!" Hatsuharu yelled but before he could continue on his rampage he transformed.

"Haru, you really shouldn't get so worked up, you're still sick." Momiji said half concerned.

"I'm gonna rip you to shreds!"

"But how; you're an ox now? Oxen don't have hands so how are you going to manage that?" Momiji asked mockingly.

Despite being somewhat at a disadvantage Hatsuharu started charging full speed at the bunny.

Downstairs Hatori woke up with his hand to his forehead felling a headache coming on as the sound of Momiji screaming accompanied by loud crashing filled the house. Sleeping on the futon in Hatori's room Keiko suddenly sat up as the noise jolted her out of an unpleasant dream. Not quite awake she got up and walked out of the room to see what was going on.

"Eeeek!" Momiji squealed, practically flying down the stairs. "Hide me. He said running behind Keiko. No sooner did the words part his lips a very angry Ox came clumsily down the stairs. After getting his footing Hatsuharu looked over at them, frowned then moved on.

"Haru, Momiji." Hatori said obviously up set. Seeing Hatsuharu in his zodiac form he sweat dropped.

"Sorry Hari." Momiji apologized still hiding behind Keiko.

"Using her as a shield?" Hatori said none too pleased with the boy's apparent cowardice. "Considering the fact you cross dress that really doesn't help anything. Behaving like that just makes you one step closer to being a woman."

"That's mean!" Momiji whined. "Besides as long as I'm with her I'm safe. Haru won't dare do anything no matter what I do." Momiji said causing the Ox, who was sitting in front of the TV, to turn around and give the bunny a threatening look.

"I see." Hatori said quickly observing the scene then sighed. "I'm going back to sleep for another hour and I do expect to sleep." He said closing the door to his office.

"Oh, are you still sleepy too?" Momiji said looking Keiko in the eyes. She was barely awake.

"Un." She said with a slight nod.

"Ooh! I'm sorry. I'll make you a nice breakfast so when you wake up you'll have something good to eat."

"I thought you were trying to help. All you're going to do is infect her if you keep hanging around her like that." Hatsuharu griped as he observed how close Momiji was to her face.

"No thanks to you." Momiji said sticking his tongue out at him. "I'll order delivery then and it will be on me." He said running over to the phone. "You should go back to bed and I will make sure Haru doesn't do anything to wake you up." Momiji added and Hatsuharu fumed even more. Once Keiko had left the room Hatsuharu sudden changed back into human form. Standing up he had a mischievous expression on his face. Momiji was just about to order, but hung up the phone instead when he turned around to see a very angry Black Haru standing behind him.

"Before you do anything remember Hari and Keikochan are still sleeping." Momiji said jumping back, out of out his reach.

"You're going to be sleeping too because I'm gonna murder you!" Hatsuharu said lunging at him.

Momiji quickly jumped and flipped over the Ox's head. "Well if you're going to kill me could you at least put some cloths on first? It's really tacky to run around the house like that especially with a girl here."

"Tacky? Just for that I'm gonna take my time crushing you. Come here you little brat!" Hatsuharu said charging at the wide-eyed bunny. Just as Hatsuharu was about to clobber Momiji he fell to the floor unconscious.

"Hari!" Momiji said looking at the doctor like he was some type of savior.

"Don't thank me just yet." Hatori said holding a needle filled with a mild sedative. "Starting tomorrow neither of you are allowed to leave the house for a week. When Haru wakes up he will hopefully be back to normal. Make sure you tell him the news." Hatori said putting the needle away then wrapping the unconscious boy in a blanket and carrying him back to his room.

"[Darn it!]" Momiji whined under his breath. Hearing the door to Hatori's bedroom slide open he turned around.

"Do you two always keep up so much noise in the morning?" Keiko asked.

"Well, not usually, but sometimes. It's kinda easy to piss Haru off… I mean I do a lot of things that piss him off."

"Then why do you do them?"

"Because it's fun!" Momiji said giggling. Keiko sweat dropped.

"Didn't he say he was going to murder you?"

"Oh, that he doesn't mean it. Once he turns white again we get along just fine."

"What?"

"Say, Keikochan, since we're all up let's get dressed and go for a walk. You can wear some of my cloths. Sit tight; I'll be right back. Then I'll explain it to you." He said rushing off. A couple of minutes later he returned with a pink blouse and light blue shorts. When Keiko put the outfit on she realized it was exactly the same as the one Momiji was wearing. Sighing she brushed her hair and put on the hat that went with it.

"Great!" Momiji said when Keiko came out of the bedroom. "Now we look like twins." He said smiling. "Hari won't be up for a little while longer so I'll take you out for breakfast then walk you home ok?"

"Alright." Keiko smiled.

"Oh yeah, about Haru; he kind of has a split personality." Momiji stated once they were outside.

"Huh?"

"It's true. When he was younger people used to make fun of him a lot and instead of just telling them how upset it made him he just kept his feelings bottled up inside. No matter how much pain people caused him he never said a word, then one-day all the anger and hurt he felt just came poring out like a tidal wave, like some uncontrollable force. When it was all over he went back to his normal self. You see Haru is usually a very serine and gentle person, but from time to time when things happen that really upset him he becomes the complete opposite of that. That's why people in our family call his dark side Black Haru and his normal self White Haru because his two personalities are like night and day."

"What did you do to get him so angry he would turn black?" Keiko asked.

"You weren't mad at me last night?" Momiji asked hinting to the cause of Hatsuharu's rampage.

"Oh, that? Well, I figured you didn't mean it so I let it go."

"Yeah, that's right." Momiji smiled as he lied. "I didn't mean it."

"Still, you shouldn't get him so worked up. What if I did something to upset you like hug you right now?" Keiko suggested.

"That wouldn't upset me at all."

"It wouldn't?"

"Nope! Not one bit!"

"You don't mind changing into a rabbit?"

"Not if it means I get to be hugged by a beautiful girl like you." Momiji said smiling.

Keiko sweat dropped. "Did he really mean what he said by not meaning it?" She begin to wonder.

"But, don't worry I see your point. I'll apologize to him when I return and try to behave." Momiji promised.

"So tell me how was your date with Keikokun last night?" Shigure asked into the receiver of the phone he was holding. At that moment he just finished proof reading his manuscript a few minutes before calling Hatori. Even though Shigure had no intention to call Hatori that day he figured that his editor would be calling shortly so he decided to call his cousin in order to tie up the line.

"When are you going to stop saying that?" Hatori asked irritated by the question.

"Maybe never," the novelist muttered. "So, what happened?"

"We ate dinner and went to bed." Hatori answered flatly. "Hello?" He said hearing clattering on the other end of the line. Shigure had dropped the phone.

"You-."

"Don't even go there." Hatori said cutting him off.

"Go where?" Shigure asked trying to play innocent.

"You know exactly what you were going to say. I know you Shigure; you were thinking something perverted. With that being said I'm busy and by now you should know I am not the one to entertain your sickness. Good bye."

"Haasan, wait. Don't hang up just yet I wasn't finished talking to you." Shigure said in a childlike manner.

"Yes, you are."

"Haasan." Shigure said pleadingly.

"Like I said I know you. No doubt your editor is supposed to be calling you about now. Otherwise you wouldn't have bothered calling me today. Good bye Shigure." He said and the last thing the Dog heard was a click and a dial tone.

Shigure sat holding the phone frowning for a minute then smiled. "Oh well, I'll just have to find a more creative way of irritating Mii." He said finally putting the phone on the receiver. "Think I'll go for a walk." He said laughing to himself.

Outside Kyou was lying on the roof reading a book when Shigure ran out of the door.

"What's he in a hurry over?" Kyou wondered as he watched Shigure disappear down the path that leads to his house. Approximately fifteen minutes later Kyou could hear Momiji's voice as he and Keiko approached the house.

"Yuki, Kyou, Tohru, Shigure!" Momiji shouted seeing no signs of life within the house.

"That's strange the door is open, but no one is home." He said coming back outside. Keiko was still standing in front of the house.

"He says they're all gone so why do I feel like someone other than me and Momiji is here?" Keiko thought as she turned to go inside the house. No sooner than she did Kyou landed on the ground just a few feet in front of her. "Kyou!" Keiko shouted surprised by his sudden appearance.

"What kind of outfit is that?" Kyou asked as he stared disapprovingly at Keiko's attire.

"Oh, I had to barrow some of Momiji's cloths for today." Keiko answered feeling awkward.

"That outfit looks cute on her." Momiji chimed in from behind him.

When Kyou turned around and saw Momiji his mouth dropped. "You're wearing the same thing?"

"Yup! Me and Keiko are twins for today," he said hopping over to her side.

"You let him get away with dressing you like that?" Kyou yelled.

"Well beggars can't be choosers and I don't mind… that much."

"If you were going to mind at all why did you agree to wear it?" Kyou continued fuming.

"Well if it makes you so upset that I'm wearing Momiji's cloths I'll change right away into some of yours." Keiko said with a mock apologetic tone.

"What?!" Kyou asked caught off guard.

"I wouldn't mind wearing your cloths at all, especially since I've had my eye on that blue sweat shirt of yours." Keiko continued suddenly having a beauty of youth moment.

"You mean the one with the hood?" Kyou asked no longer focused.

"That's right." Keiko answered.

"Kyou shook his head snapping out of it and remembering he was in the middle of fuming. "Hell no! That's my favorite shirt and since when are you so interested in my cloths?"

"It just seemed to bother you so much that I am wearing Momiji's cloths. I thought it would make you feel better if I wore yours instead."

"It sounds to me that Kyou would rather have you walk around with no cloths on at all." Momiji said causing Kyou to turn burnt red.

"I said no such thing you little lecher!" Kyou yelled.

"You may not have said it but you were thinking it." Momiji teased.

"I was not!" Kyou shouted as he slammed Momiji into the ground.

"Waaah! Keiko, make Kyou stop hitting me," Momiji wailed.

Keiko sighed. "Sorry Momiji, but if Kyou hadn't done it I just might have. You've got no one but yourself to blame in this case." She thought as she walked onto the porch. "I'm going to change." She said disappearing inside the house.

After changing into her own cloths Keiko sent Momiji home. Then went to make some tea and watch TV while Kyou returned to his reading on the roof.

"There's nothing on." Keiko said out loud as she turned the TV off. "I wonder where Tohru and Yuki are?" She thought as she felt her eyelids become heavy. "In the mean time I'll just take a five minute nap." She said laying down where she sat at the heater. It seemed like only a few seconds had passed when she felt something cold run up her leg. Keiko sat up. Whatever had crawled up her skirt was now wrapped around her torso.

"Look at all the vegetables we picked from your garden." Tohru said happily as she carried a basket full of carrots and potatoes.

"The leeks turned out very well this year." Yuki added as he carried his own basket full of fresh leeks.

"With all this I can make plenty of stew for Hatori and the others." Tohru said ever mindful of those around her.

Yuki was about to say thing when he heard screaming coming from Shigure's house. The scream sent chills down their backs and they both dropped the baskets they were holding. "Keiko!" Yuki thought as he ran toward the house.

Quickly reaching into her blouse to pull out whatever had attached itself to her Keiko pulled out the head of a snake. At first she wasn't bothered by the creature until it opened its eyes and looked directly at her; that's when she let out a blood curdling scream that awaken Kyou who had fallen asleep on the roof.

"What's wrong?" Kyou asked panicked appearing seconds after hearing Keiko scream.

"Keikochan!" Yuki shouted as he rushed in the front door knocking Kyou over.

"Get this pervert off of me!" Keiko screamed as she struggled to get the Snake off of her body.

Struck by uncontrollable angry Yuki ran over to yank the reptile off of Keiko.

"Get him off!" Keiko screamed.

"I'm trying stay still." Yuki said trying to get close enough to Keiko without transforming, which was proving difficult to do since Keiko was continuously moving about pulling at the creature.

"I don't care how you get him off of me just do it." Keiko said calming down enough to stay still as she opened her shirt. Kyou fainted and Yuki wasn't far behind. The snake was tightly wrapped around her chest and didn't seem as if it were going to go anywhere anytime soon.

"Let go!" Keiko said hitting its body with her right fist.

Recovering Yuki started pulling at the creature's body. "Come off of her damn you!" He growled his eyes resonating with fiery.

Sitting up Kyou watched helplessly as the two struggled against the resilient pest. "Gaagh!" Kyou gasped as a rat ran over his foot. His eyes widened as the room seemed to fill with rats.

"Let Yuki's friend go!" Yuki heard one of the rats say as it leaped into the air and bit the tale of the Snake. The Snake hollered and released the vice grip it had on Keiko allowing Yuki to capture it. "Are you ok?" The rat's voice audible only to Yuki asked as it came to perch on Keiko's shoulder.

"You've gone too far this time." Yuki said his eyes still resonating as the small rodents that had come to his aid crawled about his shoulders and on top of his head.

"Ah, ah, Yuki, I can't breathe." The Snake said through forced breaths.

"What's going on?" Shigure asked as he entered the living room. He was not too far away when his sharp canine ears heard Keiko screaming. "Yuki?" He said as a rat ran out of the room followed by the others until they had all disappeared.

"Guresan!" The Snake said gasping for air.

"Aya!" Shigure said happily as he ran over and took the Snake from Yuki's hand.

"How are you?" Shigure asked excitedly.

"I'm gonna kill him!" Yuki fumed.

"Yukikun, what has gotten you so-." Shigure stopped mid sentence when he saw Keiko's blouse open reviling the pink bra she was wearing. By then Kyou was already outside.

"Kyoukun, what's wrong?" Tohru asked seeing the expression on Kyou's face as she ran toward the house.

"Stop staring you perverts!" Keiko's voice could be heard crystal clear as she yelled at Ayame and Shigure. Yuki was coolly making his way outside as the house rumbled with crashing and other sounds of violence.

"Y-Yukikun." Tohru said as a very angry Yuki walked by her.

"I'm going to get the vegetables we dropped he said as he continued walking.

Moments later a bewildered Tohru was on her way to her room. "Um…uh…" Tohru said as she tried to open the door to her room and found it locked. Keiko was changing into a pair of jeans. Quickly she ran over to the door and yanked Tohru in.

"Sorry, about locking you out. I was trying to make sure that pervert didn't come in here while I was changing.

"Pervert?" Tohru question not yet made privy as to what had taken place before she made it all the way to the house (Compared to most people Yuki runs at light speed). "What happened?"

"I was taking a nap in the living room when something crawled up my skirt. It woke me up of course. When I realized a snake had wrapped itself around me I was kind of disturbed by it, but basically what was going through my mind was "dumb animal." I was going to pull it off of me and throw it outside when it stared at me. That's when I realized it was no ordinary snake."

"By not being ordinary you mean…"

"That's right I could tell from the moment it looked at me that it was really a human being."

"You could tell?" Tohru asked her emotions somewhere between sickened and amazed.

"That's right. Ever since I was little I've always had this sixth sense about things." Keiko answered as she sat down on the bed. "Ugh!" Keiko shuddered. "It makes me sick just thinking about that pervert touching me."

"Perhaps it wouldn't be such a good idea to tell her that that pervert is Yuki's older brother," Tohru thought sitting down next to her and giving her a hug. "It's okay I know how you feel." She said trying to comfort the shaken girl.

"What?" Keiko said looking into her eyes. "Don't tell me…" Keiko's voice trailed off has she continued to look Tohru in the eyes.

"Um, what's wrong?" Tohru asked becoming nervous as Keiko leaned closer to her face. The other girl's eyes then lit with the fire of passionate anger.

"Tohru!" Keiko exclaimed hugging her. "Don't you worry; I'll make him pay for what he did to us!" She said thunderously as she stood up cracking her knuckles then ran out of the door.

"Where is he?" Keiko demanded as she came down the stairs, not seeing Kyou and nearly knocking him over. "Where is he, I said!" Keiko boomed at Shigure who was sitting by the heater reading a newspaper.

"Looking for someone?" He asked nonchalantly.

"Don't play dumb with me! Where is he?" Keiko said grabbing Shigure by the collar.

"Oh Aya? He's around her somewhere." The Dog said purposely allowing his eyes to drift toward his room.

"Oh, so that's where you were hiding the snake." Keiko said dropping Shigure and running over to the door. She was just about to snatch the door open when it seemed to suddenly slide open on its own. Keiko then suddenly found herself face to face with Ayame.

"Gah!" She uttered leaping backward then falling on her backside.

"I heard a woman crying out for me. I'm here!" Ayame announced.

"Aya, calm down she's still a minor." Shigure said mischievously.

"Oh really?" Aya said looking over at her a small sweat drop coming down his head. "Oh well, no matter." He said waving his hand.

"You sick bastard." Kyou grumbled crushing the soda can he was holding.

"He looks just like Yuki. Don't tell me he's related to this pervert." Keiko thought, near fainting, as she beheld the longhaired man standing in front of her.

"She seems to be awestricken." Shigure commented as he watched Keiko on the floor.

"Yes, I do have that effect on women." Ayame added.

"I think I'm going to throw up." Keiko muttered as she stood up. "Now about the business of breaking pretty boy's face." Keiko thought taking a step forward when Ayame grabbed her hands.

"I hope you do forgive me." Ayame said his words streaming together almost too fast for Keiko to understand him. "I was coming to visit when a sudden breeze of cold air caught me. As the Snake I am sensitive to the cold so I ended up transforming. Naturally I quickly sought out the nearest source of heat. I didn't mean to cause you any harm. When you screamed I tensed up and then with Yuki threatening to kill me I didn't want to let you go, so I clung to you for my very life. I hope you will please find it in your heart to forgive." Ayame pleaded.

"Whatever, fine, just let go of my hands already." Keiko said her eyes swirling from trying to understand Ayame's hurried speech.

"Thank you!" Ayame rejoiced. "But, it seems that a simple apology just isn't enough. Please allow me the honor of taking you out on a date." Ayame said leaning dangerously close to her face. Everyone turned around when they heard the sound of something heavy dropping to the floor.

"Yuki don't throw food on the floor like that." Shigure said mockingly. Yuki had brought back the vegetables as he said he would. The trip back to the house gave him time to somewhat clam down, but when he saw Ayame bothering Keiko again all of his anger returned.

"Why are you touching her? Didn't you have enough the first time around?" Yuki questioned.

"I was simply offering my apologizes to the young lady." He explained smiling, still holding her hand.

"Since when do you have to touch someone to apologize?"

"It's just her hand, Yukikun." Shigure smiled finding his younger cousin's anger amusing.

"I don't care! Let her go this instant!"

"Yes, maybe I should so I can take her measurements to make her a dress in order to make up for my behavior." Ayame said pulling a tape measurer out of nowhere.

"You will not!" Yuki yelled.

"Hm, oh, yes. I guess that would seem inappropriate as well," he admitting putting the tape measurer away. "Then how about I take her out to dinner instead? Do you like Chinese?" Ayame asked turning to face Keiko once more. "Good." He said not giving her a chance to answer. "We'll be back later. Don't wait up!" He said taking Keiko by the hand and running away with her.

After dragging Keiko to one of his favorite Chinese restaurants Ayame sat down and skimmed the menu. "Waiter, we'll have two orders of Peking Duck." Ayame said hand the man both menus. "So, anyway, let's get to know each other a little better while we wait for our meal." Ayame said looking over at Keiko who was sitting across from him.

"There's nothing interesting about me to know." Keiko answered.

"I'm shocked to hear you say such a thing. A beautiful young lady such as yourself can hardly be considered uninteresting." Ayame said letting his yellow brown eyes settle on her. "I can see why Akito wanted her to stay." He thought as he rested his chin on the back of his hand. "So, what do you think of my little brother?"

"Brother…" Keiko said in disbelief despite the resemblance.

"Yes, can't you tell? People always say we look alike." Ayame said posing.

"I figured you two were related, but brothers… Wow, you're so different from one another."

"Yes, that is true but our differences are what make us uniquely alluring don't you think?"

"Uh… I guess." Keiko said not sure how to respond.

"When I heard another flower had come to live among us thorns I just had to meet her. A pity you're still in high school." He said giving her a queer look. "Even so it doesn't mean we still can't have a good time."

Keiko's face turned blue at Ayame's words. "What does he mean by "good time"?" She wondered.

"So anyway, tell me; how is my brother treating you?"

"Fine." Keiko answered politely.

"Has he mentioned me? By the way you reacted to finding out I am his brother he probably hasn't mentioned me at all." Ayame said his expression becoming sad causing Keiko to pity him.

"I'm sorry." Keiko said trying to be of some comfort.

"It's okay. He must still be angry with me."

"Angry with you, for what," Keiko asked curiously.

"Because of the age difference I suppose and due to my own self centeredness me and Yuki never really were that close. Add to that the fact that he was often kept indoors away from everyone else; we never really had a chance to get to know one another. Then the one time he came to me for help I passed him by as if he wasn't even there. I never forgave myself for that and now any time I get to spend with him is very precious to me." Ayame said sincerely.

"I can understand that." Keiko said her thoughts leaning on her parents. "At least you still have time to spend with your brother. I have no more time with my parents. My memories of them are what is most precious to me." Keiko said solemnly. "So, I can understand why it is so important to you to spend time with Yuki."

"I'm glad to be able to spend time like this with you as well, Keikokun." Ayame said causing Keiko to feel even more uncomfortable than she already was. "It's good to know there are people like you who can sympathize with my situation, even though it's my own fault. You're a good person just like Tohrukun, except with a bit of a temper." He added smiling. "Some men might find it a turn off, but I think it only adds to your beauty."

"I'm sixteen." Keiko emphasized.

"Oh, right you are. That must have seemed offensive to you. How about we extend our date- I mean outing by catching a movie, you know to make up for my bad behavior? We don't have to go see an action movie we can go see something a girl your age would enjoy like a romance film. I prefer those myself anyway." Ayame jabbered.

Keiko opened her mouth to speak, but found herself without words. Making an inaudible sigh Keiko lowered her head in defeat as Ayame continued to rant.

By ten Tohru and Shigure had went to sleep, but Kyou and Yuki stayed up until eleven waiting for Keiko and Ayame to return; which was the time the two boys saw them coming down the path to Shigure's house. Kyou sat watching from his window as he went over his class notes while Yuki kept a vigilant watch from down stairs. When Yuki caught sight of them he ran out of the door like lightening. When Kyou saw that Yuki was already confronting Ayame he closed the curtain and punched his pillow feeling beaten yet again by the Rat.

"What did you do?" Yuki demanded of Ayame.

"First we had dinner then we went to a movie and right now I am just tuckered out." Ayame answered with a small yawn.

"He didn't try anything did he?" Yuki asked Keiko.

"Actually no." Keiko answered.

"What kind of man do you think I am?" Ayame asked slightly insulted.

"You don't want to know." Yuki answered grabbing Keiko and pulling her into the house.

"Now behave yourself Yuki!" Ayame managed to call out despite his drooping eyelids.

"Shut up!" Yuki snapped as he continued inside. Keiko nearly half asleep herself wasn't concerned about being dragged away until she realized Yuki was leading up stairs.

"Um Yuki?" Keiko said once they reached the second floor. "W-."

"Hold on." Yuki whispered opening the door to his room and then locking it once they were inside.

Keiko sweat dropped. "Um, what's going on?" Keiko asked becoming worried.

"Everyone locked their room doors except for Shigure." Yuki answered.

"Why?"

A dark shadow went over Yuki's face before he spoke again. "He really didn't try to touch you again?" He asked with his back to her.

"No." Keiko answered believing Ayame's excuse for his earlier transgression since for the most part he behaved himself during the evening.

"Don't let him fool you." Yuki said. "I'm so ashamed to admit it, but my older brother is a pervert."

"You say everyone except Shigure locked their doors?"

"Yes."

"What kind of pervert is he?" Keiko asked herself. "I mean why would everyone need to lock their doors when he's around?"

"So, for tonight you can sleep in here." Yuki continued to whisper.

"It's ok. I know I'll be waking Tohru but she'll understand…" Keiko's voice trailed off as she heard the door shake as if someone where trying to open it. Her heart jumped in her throat. "I know it wouldn't be appropriate, but now I'm kind of scared to go out there." She thought gulping.

The expression on Yuki's face darkened. "If I go out there I'm going to kill him." He thought forcing himself to turn from the door. Walking over to closet he proceeded to pull everything out and lay his clothes on his desk.

"What are you doing?" Keiko asked as she watched his peculiar actions.

"I don't want you to feel uncomfortable so you can sleep in my bed and I can sleep in the closet."

Keiko let her head drop. "That will only make things worse." She thought then pulled her head back up. "That's not going to make me feel better. You're not some kind of wild animal; I can't just let you lock yourself in the closet. If anything that would make me more uncomfortable."

"I'm sorry." Yuki apologized.

"For what?"

"For my stupid brother; you probably wanted to take a bath before you went to bed."

"Yeah, but I can always get up early in the morning and take a shower. It's not your fault your brother is a freak."

"Then it's ok if I sleep out here, with you? On the floor I mean…" Yuki asked unconsciously giving Keiko a wide-eyed puppy dog look.

"Yeah," Keiko answered sitting on his bed and laying down. "I feel kind of guilty for making you go through all of this trouble."

"Don't feel guilty. My brother is the one that should feel guilty." Yuki said lying down on the floor by the bed.

"Thank you." Keiko said. When she didn't hear a reply she looked down on the floor to find Yuki fast asleep. "You really are like an older brother to me Yuki." She thought then closed her eyes.

A/N: For this chapter I really wanted to put the spotlight on how much of a menace Ayame is and why. Does anyone remember how he supposedly saved his classmates after they took a detour into the red-light district? Anyone that depraved as a teenager I think is most certainly worse as a full grown adult. So, if anyone thought Ayame was a bit over the top in this chapter/fiction that is my reason why and I'm sticking to it.

ANYWAYZ! Next chapter: Dance of the Flopping Jellyfish; ripples in the water cannot be caught.

______________________________

Bootleg Omake Theatre #3 Late Night Apology (It coincides with the storyline.)

"Hey Haru." Momiji said as he cautiously entered his room.

"Yeah," Hatsuharu replied looking away from the window he was staring out of.

"I'm sorry about pissing you off last night and this morning and-."

"It's ok." Hatsuharu said cutting him off.

"It is?" Momiji asked.

"Why would I still be angry with you? After all I really scare the crap out of you when I go black. It's kind of funny." He said with a small chuckle.

"So then all those times you said you would rip my head off you didn't mean it?" Momiji asked hopefully.

"Who knows? You know I'm out of control when I'm like that. So don't go getting me angry again for no reason." Hatsuharu warned.

Momiji blinked and sweat dropped. "Ok." He agreed.

_____________________________________

A/N: This one was shorter than the first two, but it made since… this time. ^_^