Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Eye Of The Storm ❯ Dance Of The Flopping Jellyfish; Ripples On The Water Cannot Be Caught ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Eye Of The Storm

Chapter 9

Dance Of The Flopping Jellyfish; Ripples On The Water Cannot Be Caught

"Like the subtle stench of food going bad; I can smell it, he's up to something again."

"Yuki." Keiko whispered after opening her eyes. "Yuki." She said again leaning over the bed; he was still asleep. "Yuuukiii." Keiko called one last time running the back of her hand down the side of his face.

Yuki gasped sitting up. His heart was pounding fast. Keiko had scared the living daylights out of him. "What is it?" He asked casually even though he still had a frightened expression on his face.

"I'm sorry to wake you up, but I need you to guard the bathroom door while I shower."

"Sure, okay." Yuki said standing with his hand to his heart.

"Are you ok?" Keiko asked.

"I was having a bad dream."

"About what?"

Yuki closed his eyes remembering that at the exact moment Keiko touched him he was dreaming that he saw a snake slither under his blanket. "Never mind, it was nothing."

"That bad, huh? Sorry about scaring you out of your sleep."

"It's okay. Don't worry about it." Yuki said reassuringly. "What time is it?"

"Oh, it's a little after six. I think Tohru may be up now starting on breakfast."

"Just a second let me get dressed first." Yuki said unbuttoning his pajama shirt.

"You idiot!" Keiko said punching him in the head. "I'm still in here."

"I didn't think you would mind." Yuki said giving her an innocent look.

Keiko let out a frustrated sigh and walked toward the door. "I'll wait for you down stairs." She said as she left the room. "And to think it wasn't that long ago he was embarrassed that I saw him naked. Guess he's gotten used to the idea of having me around. It's a shame. I don't know how to feel concerning that." Keiko thought as she pulled out a fresh school uniform to wear. "But this is what I wanted; to be a part of a family again, so why do I still feel like an outsider in this house? I have tried so hard to blend in here, but it just doesn't seem to be enough. Shigure jokes, but the way he looks at me… I don't like it; it makes me feel like a stranger. I've come to honestly care about this family as if it were my own and despite that Yuki is the only one I feel I can be open with. Maybe it's like that in a lot of family's? Even so, it doesn't matter; I can't tell him how I feel right now."

"Keikochan." Yuki said as he opened the door to the room she and Tohru shared. "How did I know you would still be up here somewhere? He said smiling. "Are you okay?" He asked seeing the far away expression her face.

"Why did I have to go and start getting depressed all of a sudden? I don't want him or anyone else worrying about me." Keiko thought as she pulled a smile. "I'm fine, must still be a little groggy I suppose." She said heading toward the door.

Downstairs, just as Keiko was going into the bathroom, they could hear footsteps coming down the hallway. As soon as they saw it was Ayame Keiko slammed the door and Yuki jumped in front of it.

"Morning, little brother," Ayame greeted with a yawn.

"Morning," Yuki replied.

"Hm? Is Keikokun taking a bath now?"

"That's none of your concern."

"If she is, which I'm sure of, you don't have to stand in front of the door like that… unless perhaps you were hoping to sneak a peak. Were you?" Ayame asked narrowing his eyes.

"Only you would do something so disgusting!" Yuki's expression had turned from serious to angry in the blink of an eye.

"Oh Yuki! I know the fire that burns inside of you but you must control yourself!" Ayame shouted just before Yuki clobbered him.

"Aya, what are you doing on the floor?" Shigure asked looking as if he had not slept a wink during the night.

"Just bonding a little with my brother," Ayame replied from where he was on the floor, his eyes swirling dizzyingly.

Looking over at Yuki who was standing in front of the bathroom door with his arms folded Shigure seemed to perk up a bit. "Is Keikokun taking a morning shower?"

Yuki made no reply except to give the Dog a threatening look.

"Sorry to keep you waiting so long, breakfast is almost ready." Tohru said popping her head around the corner.

"Really," Ayame asked jumping to his feet. "I want firsts." He said quickly rushing into the dining room. Shigure looked at Yuki one last time and smiled before returning to the dining room.

Ten minutes later Keiko and Yuki joined the group as they patiently waited for their meal.

"What's taking her so long? I'm starving." Kyou grumbled. Yuki looked over at him ready to hurl an insult but before he could Keiko intervened.

"I really should be helping to prepare breakfast." She said standing up and running into the kitchen.

"Good morning, Keikokun." Tohru said happily.

"Good morning. Sorry about getting up so late and making you do this on your own." Keiko apologized.

"It's okay, I don't mind. Besides if I had not burnt the rice I would have been finished by now."

"You burned the rice?" Keiko questioned amazed.

"I know it was really wasteful of me." Tohru said her face red with embarrassment.

"Don't feel bad." Keiko said patting her on the back. "I used to burn a whole lot more than rice. Once I burnt a whole meal."

"You did?" Tohru asked taking her turn to be amazed.

Keiko sweat dropped. "See, I really am horrible compared to you aren't I?" She said placing the food Tohru had prepared into the appropriate dishes.

"It's not true!" Tohru exclaimed causing Keiko to look up at her. "You're really smart and pretty. You are good at sports and I bet you know how to build a house from the ground up. So, don't feel bad because you're not so good at one thing because you are really good at a lot of other things."

"Oh Tohru, thanks for trying to cheer me up," Keiko said hugging her. "Did I really sound that upset about it? My crappy cooking does bother me a little, but that's not really what's on my mind. Tohru is such a good friend. She can sense when someone is feeling down and does everything she can to make that person feel one hundred times better. I suppose we are in the same boat, but still it seems like she belongs here more than I do, like she was destined to find them and they her." Keiko thought as she helped Tohru carry the food into the dining room.

"Keikokun, I here you and Ayame had a good time last night." Shigure said nonchalantly then looked over at Ayame who was sitting perpendicular to him. "Aya, I thought I was your only one."

"It wasn't like that!" Keiko groaned.

"I may have spent the evening on the town with her, but I spent the night with you, Shiichan." Ayame replied mischievously.

"Keikokun!" Tohru exclaimed when Keiko nearly dropped the tray of food she was holding as she reeled at hearing the vain words that came out the two men's mouths.

Regaining her composure Keiko walked over to the table and carefully sat the food down by Kyou. "What you do with your time is your business, but nothing happened between me and Ayame last night." Keiko said in a low voice while keeping her head low to hide the contempt and utterly disgusted expression that was on her face.

"Then you remained fateful after all." Shigure said pretending to be overjoyed.

"Just as you always keep me up at night I will always be by your side." Ayame said and the two burst into hysterical laughter.

"I'm not all that hungry, so I'll go clean up." Keiko said leaving for the kitchen."

"You two are disgusting!" Kyou yelled as he grabbed up a bowl of rice and some fish. "I'm going to my room!"

"You're not eating?" Shigure asked noticing Yuki as he quietly left the table.

"No." Yuki answered putting all his effort into being civil.

"I should go help Keikokun." Tohru said leaving the room. One on one Tohru could usually handle being around Shigure and Ayame, but since everyone else had gone she did not want to be left alone with the both of them.

"Was it something we said?" Ayame questioned with a slight smile on his face.

"They just left the room… and the food." Shigure said looking at the two trays.

"Yes!" They simultaneously exclaimed then hurriedly separated what was supposed to be breakfast for six between them.

"You don't think we went too far do you? I mean I was hoping to spend some time with my little brother this morning." Ayame said after shoving a large amount of rice into his mouth with his chopsticks.

Shigure had opted to use his hands and had a mouth full of fish and rice. His eyes almost popped out when he heard what Ayame had to say. "Too far? I never thought that term was part of your vocabulary. Just look at it this way; you may not have gotten any quality time with Yuki, but you have grown a little. I'm very disappointed in you." Shigure said taking a bite of a cucumber slice. "Besides, you know you're always welcome to stay here as long as you like."

"Oh, I can't. I really shouldn't leave my shop for too long."

"What?" Shigure uttered lowering his eyes. "Is this the same Aya that left his shop for almost a week last year?"

"Hmph," Ayame smirked. "You know you really do keep me up at night. I should be the one disappointed in you. You choose the strangest times to start working. Clicking away at the keyboard as you were, I don't see how you didn't wake everyone else up."

"It was only for a couple of hours. Besides I like to have my manuscripts finished a month in advance, so I can spend more time on other things."

"Like torturing your editor?"

"Exactly!"

"Maybe Hatori's responsible influence is finally having an effect on me." Ayame said standing up. "I'm going to be a bit busy for a while so see you on New Year's. Oh yes, and thanks for the meal." Ayame said taking a bite of the small fish he was holding then left.

Shigure looked down at his plate to find his last piece of fish missing. "Not quite." He said smiling.

That afternoon Keiko fund herself eating lunch alone. "That's right Momiji and Hatsuharu are both sick." She thought finding a comfortable spot to sit outside by a tree.

"Look at her; all smug and, and… just absolutely perfect." Yuki fan club member No.3 said finding it difficult to continue hating the girl that had become the princess of their high school.

"Stop idolizing that witch! She's the one seducing Yuki against us!" The fanclub president said punching the star struck girl on the top of her head.

"What about that other girl?" Member No.2 asked.

"Honda Tohru isn't important anymore! I will admit while she had his attention for a while she was no where near as dangerous as this girl."

"Keikochan may be prettier than us, but Hondasan is friends with that Yankee and vibe." No.3 said rubbing her head.

"That may be true, but with a good plan we could jump that Honda girl before they knew about it, but Yamada Keiko is not as vulnerable as Honda Tohru."

"What do you mean?" No.2 asked.

"She means that freak of nature is a black belt." No.1 said angrily.

"Not only that but I over heard her talking to the vibe the other day and it would seem that she also has powers," the president stated.

"What? No way! Out of all the schools in Japan ours has two vibes!" No.1 said in shock and disbelief.

"It's true, I heard it with my own ears."

"Hello." Keiko said as she approached Saki.

"Good afternoon."

"You're Tohru's friend right?"

"Yes, that's right. I'm afraid we haven't been formally introduced."

"Oh, I suppose you don't want to talk to me." Keiko said looking down at the folder she was holding.

"No, on the contrary; I've been wanting to talk to you for a very long time."

"Oh?"

"Yes, but I didn't think someone like you would want to talk to a plain person like me."

"No, no, that's not true at all. I've been wanting to meet you too, but I didn't just come and introduce myself because I did not want to seem rude. I mean after all you are Tohru's friends I thought it would be better if she introduced us herself."

"Yes, Tohru is usually very good about these things, but with all the studying for college entrance exams I suppose she forget. I hope you aren't upset with her."

"No, it's completely understandable. I'm just glad I am finally able to meet you."

"Thank you, I'm very touched." Saki said giving a slight smile. "You have a very strong aura."

"That's funny I was thinking the same thing about you."

"Really?"

"Yeah, it's kind of embarrassing to admit but I can sense things other people can't."

"Is that so?"

"I must sound ridiculous to you, huh?"

"Not at all; I could tell from your vibes that you are very powerful."

"Wow, what a compliment, but I don't think so. I hear that you can use poison waves. That's pretty awesome, but my abilities are more like a sixth sense. Oh, yeah! I almost forgot. I found this in the hallway. It's one of Tohru's folders. Do you know where she is so I can give it too her?"

"No…"

"Oh…"

"…but she does have the next period with me. I can give it to her then."

"Great." Keiko said handing the folder to Saki. "Nice meeting you!" She said as walked away waving.

"I thought I would be stuck in that room forever waiting for them to walk away from the door." The club president said melodramatically while putting her hand to her chest.

"Oh, look there's Yuki." No.2 said not seeming to be particularly excited.

"He's coming right this way!" No.1 said.

"Nowaynowaynoway!" No.3 exclaimed.

"He doesn't look so go-." No.2 started to say, but No.1 had clamped her hand over her mouth.

"Shh, he might hear you." No.1 hissed. As Yuki walked by their eyes rested on him and followed him as he continued to walk right by them.

Perhaps if it were not for the growling of his stomach ringing in his ears he might have noticed their heavy stares and caused a group heart attack with an simple "hello", but he had one thing on his mind and one thing only- food. Once Yuki was out of hear shot they all sighed as if they had been holding their breath for a very long time. Those sighs quickly turned into gasps of indignation as they watched him walk right over to Keiko and sit down.

The plan was simple; ask a close friend for a few potato chips if she had any and if she didn't have that then figure out a way to get at least a crumb of whatever was in her possession. Yuki had rehearsed in his mind maybe a thousand times, between first period and lunch, what he was say to Tohru to get her to give him some of her lunch; he would pleasantly greet her then compliment her lunch, and last casually ask for a taste. The small script he had worked out in his mind was perfect. Tohru would undoubtedly give him her lunch if he were to flat out tell her he was so hungry he would do almost anything for a grain of rice, but that seemed far too shameless and selfish; something he would never do. When he saw her having lunch with Arisa and Saki he nearly fainted. There was no way he could approach the group without Saki sensing his hungry vibes, accuse him of coming to talk Tohru out her lunch, and then having to run from Arisa who just might try to rip his head off. "I'll just have to ask Keikochan…" Yuki thought walking off to find her. Though he had some reservations about asking her for food he would rather not be accused of taking advantage of a girl by her than by Saki or Arisa and be struck down by poison waves or a pipe.

After wondering around the school grounds for about fifteen minutes he finally saw Keiko sitting under a tree with plenty of food sitting on her lap. "Maybe it won't be that bad." Yuki thought as he approached her. Seeing the calm expression her face somehow relieved the anxiety he felt, so much so that he felt it would be all right to ask her for at leas enough food to curve the pains in his empty stomach.

"Good afternoon, Keikochan." Yuki said smiling brightly as he sat down next to her."

Keiko put her hand to heart; she was deep in thought and Yuki had startled her.

"What's up?" Keiko said quickly recovering and returning his smile.

"Well, I was wondering if you would mind sharing your lunch with me?" Yuki asked.

"Oh…" Keiko said disappointedly.

"Did I offend you?" Yuki asked nervously.

"No, it's just that me and Tohru made two huge lunches for you and Kyou since you weren't able to eat breakfast, but I guess you didn't get them before leaving. It doesn't matter; I'm sure Shigure ate them by now, and besides I kind of over stuffed my lunch bag anyway so take as much as you want."

"Are you sure? Is it really ok?"

"Yeah, go on ahead. I just wonder if Kyou has eaten yet."

"Oh, him…" Yuki paused to take a bite of tako. "He's fine. I saw him with a bunch of people earlier; a group of girls. They were all trying to give him their lunches." Yuki said chuckling as he recalled the panicked look on Kyou's face, then ate some rice.

"If you don't mind me asking; why do you suppose no one has tried to give you their lunch?"

"I hate to admit it but Kyou is more forward than I am. He probably just asked someone for food and despite being a hot head he's far more sociable than I am. So, once it was made known he was hungry I'm sure Kyou had everyone in his home room offering to share their lunch with him. I could never just walk up to someone and ask them to share their lunch with me like that. I was kind of nervous just asking you. Besides, I think, despite my act, people believe I am stuck up." He said still smiling, then put some more food into his mouth.

"You dummy." Keiko said smiling back. "I doubt anyone truly thinks you are stuck up. Despite how much you down yourself you're a good person."

Yuki smiled. "Thanks, you don't know how much I needed t hear that from you." He thought as he continued eating.

"Aaah! I can't believe it he's eating her lunch!" No.1 said jumping to her feet. Swinging her left arm back in indignation she ended up hittng No.2 right in the face.

"Aren't those her chopstick he's using?" No.3 said putting her hand to her mouth.

The president was breaking out into a heavy sweat as she continued to watch them. "Didn't she just drink out of that can of tea? It's like they're making out right in front of us," she thought as sweat ran down her face.

"I can't take it anymore." No.3 said fainting.

"They do look really good together." No.2 said.

"SHUT UP!" The two remaining, conscious members yelled punching her in the head.

Shigure sat at his computer struggling with an acute case of writer's block. It wasn't his lacking in creativity that stalled his thinking; other things were playing heavily on his mind. He looked at the clock impatiently. When the hands struck 11 a.m. Shigure calmly rose from his seat to call Hatori.

"Hello Haasan, you're taking your lunch break soon?" Shigure asked in his usually nonchalant manner. "You mind if I join you? I'll be right over." Shigure said once Hatori reluctantly invited him. Remembering to turn off his computer Shigure quickly made his way out the door.

"You got here awfully fast." Hatori said opening the door for his cousin.

"Hey, when there's free food involved I can move pretty fast." Shigure said with a smile as he slipped out of his shoes.

"Cut the act and tell me why you're really here." Hatori demanded.

"Act," Shigure question letting a tear out on command. "I just wanted to spend some time with you because I was lonely. You're so cruel to me!" Shigure said hugging the frowning man.

"Whatever, now stop it." Hatori said carefully pushing Shigure off of himself. "Knowing you, you ran right over here without eating. Are you really that anxious to see Akito?" Shigure's only response was a short nervous giggle. "Well don't expect much I just made a fish sandwich and some tea so we'll have to split it."

"That's fine with me." Shigure said happily. "I'll just stuff myself with Tohruku's cooking at dinner." He thought taking half of the sandwich Hatori offered to him. It didn't take them long to eat and for nearly twenty minutes Shigure engaged Hatori in idol conversation. Every so often Shigure would sneak a peak at the clock on Hatori's office wall.

"I don't know what you and Akito are up to, but could you stop being so obvious, it's making me nervous." Hatori said sternly after having enough of watching the Dog fidget.

"You nervous? I never imaged the dragon would submit to such a trifle emotion." Shigure said with nervous grin.

"Don't start. Akito will be here in fifteen minutes. Is there anything you want to tell or rather confess?"

"Oh Hatori, you know me so well. The truth is I'm a little worried about Keikokun today."

"And why is that?"

"Well Tohrukun has to work today and Yuki has to stay after school for student council and Kyou… he's going to visit with Kazuma for a little while today. She'll have to walk home all by herself."

"You can't be serious." Hatori thought giving the Dog a suspicious gaze. "So, why don't you just pick her up from school?"

"It might embarrass her; after all she's a young lady in high school, not kindergarten and what if people get the wrong idea? It would be a shame if a rumor broke out that I was her secret love or anything."

"And since when has that been a problem for you?" Hatori asked sweat dropping.

"To be honest; for a while," Shigure answered seriously. "Actually, I have to get to my editor's office today and give her that manuscript she's been asking me about for over a month."

"You really do need to find a new hobby."

"But, I like this one just fine, not to mention I'm so good at it." Shigure smiled.

"When that woman comes to her senses and gives you the boot, be careful not to land on your face."

"Now that would never happen. I'm too valuable to her." The Dog grinned. "Well have on be on my way now." He said standing.

"Leaving so soon? Akito will be here for his check up in a couple of minutes; didn't you want to see him?"

"He wasn't really expecting me today so I'll just greet him as I leave. Give Haakun and Momiji my best." Shigure said waving and left.

After class Keiko found herself taking her time leaving the school. Walking down the empty corridor she paused to look out of the window. The sun was still shining brightly as if it were still noon. A gentle breeze in the autumn air blew a few dry leaves from their branches.

"What a lovely day." Keiko thought stretching her arms wide as she yawned with boredom; she couldn't wait until Momiji was well enough to come back to school. Without him there to stir things up each class session that day seemed to drag on forever.

"Yes, I thought so myself." A familiar voice said from behind her.

"Oh!" Keiko exclaimed turning around and bringing her arms down.

"Are you displeased to see me?" Akito asked narrowing his eyes, his voice remaining friendly.

"No, it's not like that at all. I'm just surprised to see you here." Keiko answered shaking her head. "Were you looking for Yuki or Kyou?" Keiko asked as she wondered why in the world Akito would show up at their school.

"Actually I was looking for you Keikosan." Akito smiled.

"Why?" Keiko asked carefully.

"I meant it when I said I wanted to get to know you better. Please, excuse me if my showing up here seems so sudden, but it was a spur of the moment thought. I figured it would be better to spend some time with you today while I was feeling up to it." He said extending his arm invitingly toward Keiko. "Come, I'll walk you home."

"Actually… I had to stop by Hatori's house to give Momiji and Hatsuharu their homework."

"Is that so?"

"Yes, they both have become ill. Is that a problem?" Keiko asked as they both walked down the hall.

"Of course not," Akito answered. "Perhaps it is for the best."

For most of the walk to the main estate they traveled in silence until Keiko spoke breaking the deafening silence between them. "Akito, if you don't mind me asking…" Keiko stopped mid sentence deciding against the question she was going to ask.

"What is it?"

"Um, uh, where do you attend school?"

"I don't. I've always had private tutors. Even now with my college work, but of course most of that is done online. Does that seem odd to you?"

"No, my parents were considering hiring tutors since we moved around so much, but I told them I would be fine changing schools. I guess they were concerned about me becoming too attached to one place and figured it would make the moves easier on me if I had tutors instead."

"You sound as if you regret your decision."

"Well I kind of do. Each school I went to was different; sometimes that was a good thing and sometimes it wasn't. Though we spent most of our time in France we always ended up going to different countries from time to time. Sometimes the other children would tease me terribly and others I got along with just fine."

"Do you have any regrets about staying here, with us?"

"No, I'm glad to have met you." Keiko smiled as they stopped at the main gate to the Sohma residence.

"I have something to ask of you." Akito said bringing his left hand to the side of Keiko's face.

"What is it?" Keiko asked unable to avoid eye to eye contact.

"Was that really what you wanted to talk to me about?"

"No…" Keiko answered.

"What is it that you really wanted to say?"

"I…" Keiko started not wanting to ask her original question. "It would be too much like prying if I asked." She admitted.

"Tell me; what was it you wanted to ask me?" Akito insisted.

"I wanted to know your zodiac curse." Keiko answered feeling the overwhelmingly compelled to answer his question.

"You were correct in not telling me." Akito thought as he smiled showing his teeth. "If you knew the burden I carry you undoubtedly would not dare be this close to me." Being careful not to making any motion that would be a hug, Akito leaned forward and kissed Keiko's lips.

Seventeen minutes before noon Akito showed up early for his appointment with Hatori.

"Akitosama." A middle aged woman in a kimono said coming into the room and seeing him at the door. "Would you like me to inform the doctor that you are here?"

"No, I'll tell him myself." Akito answered then dismissed her. Making his way to Hatori's office he stopped at the door and listened carefully to the conversation between the Dragon and the Dog. A little while later Shigure emerged from the room.

"Hello, Akito." Shigure greeted his tone slightly different when speaking to the younger man.

"Shigure," Akito said with a small smirk. "You're leaving? Since you are here I would like to talk with you for a while, that is unless you have other plans for the day."

"Actually I do, but I'll be sure to make an extra trip back over here just for you." Shigure said then left.

"How are you today Haotori?" Akito asked as he entered the office.

"I'm the same as usual." Hatori said taking a tongue depressor from his desk. "You've been quite healthy lately, but I still ask that you come in weekly for a check up."

"It must be disappointing."

"Not really." Hatori thought as he checked Akito's ears. "The only disappointed here may be you at not having me as your personal nurse for the time being."

"Why are you looking so diligently for signs of illness?"

"I hope you don't honestly believe I want you to be sick."

"Don't you miss all the time we used to spend together?"

"To be honest you're the most bothersome patient I have, but I can't complain too much since we always had Kobe beef for dinner."

"So the truth comes out."

"If you had sensed that I was holding something back wouldn't you have forced it out of me regardless?"

"True. What's the point in having such ability if you don't use it to your advantage?"

"Maybe there is no point in having such abilities as you and I posse except to serve our own selfish purposes." Hatori thought as memories of erasing the minds of Yuki's friends flooded his mind. "It may be delfish, but sometimes, sadly, necessary."

~*~*~*~*~*~

Author's Note: Wonder if anyone saw that coming? But, trust me it would be much worse for Akito to hug Keiko. Next chapter is her reaction to his seemingly over zealous show of affection.

Bootleg Omake Theatre #4 (Deleted Scene) The Meeting

"Is there a reason you have come to see me today?" Akito asked after releasing the bird that was perched on his finger.

"You know I always have a reason." Shigure answered. "No matter how trifle it may be."

"What is it this time?"

"Don't worry, this time I have some news you will be very interested in."

"What kind of news?"

"As you already know the Bunny and the Ox have come down with the flu and won't be in school tomorrow. What you might not know is Tohrukun has to work that evening and Yuki has student council after school."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"I thought it would have been obvious. You were looking forward to spending more time with Keikokun weren't you? Now if it were only possible to get Kyou out of the way so it would be just the two of you."

"You say that as if you don't already have a plan."

"You're right I do. Kazumasan has been looking forward to seeing Kyou before the New Year, but he just won't come out and tell the boy himself. He doesn't think he should send for him just yet, so he's been sitting in that dojo of his moping about despite the fact I'm sure Kyou would jump at the chance to see the man that raised him. Tonight when I get the chance to speak with him alone I'll subtly mention that I talked with Kazumasan, that he asked how he was doing, and suggest he go visit him."

"Do you really think the stupid Cat will go for it?"

"I'm positive he will."

"Even is spite of his fickle nature? How can I be sure he'll follow script?"

"I can always come back here tomorrow afternoon and let you know if things played out well."

"Yes, please do so. I have an appointment with Hatori tomorrow at noon. I'll be outside his office fifteen minutes before then. Do you understand?"

"Perfectly."

~*~*~*~

A/N: This is the end of Bootleg Omake Theatre #4; I hope you enjoyed it (especially since it ties in with the chapter and makes perfect sense.)