Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Parting the Steam ❯ Chapter 1

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Written for the Makinlemonaide group challenges: Daring and Dangerous, shy to bold! and "Splish, Splash, I was takin' a bath," challenges.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Fruits Basket.
 
 
Parting the steam
 
The snow fell softly around the dojo. The evening air was crisp and cold, but the New Year's atmosphere was happy. Couples and families strolled along the streets, hurrying to start the holiday with their loved ones.
 
Tohru stood in the doorway, looking out over the calm evening. Her mood did not match the soothing white panorama. She sighed, worrying the edge of the dishtowel as she dried her hands for the twentieth time in ten minutes.
 
She was alone in the house with Kyo.
 
Kyo's shisho had gone to the Sohma's New Years festivities, as he was part of the family. He apologized profusely at not being able to share dinner with the teens, but had no choice but to go as requested. Which left Tohru in her current predicament.
 
She wasn't quite sure when her feelings between Yuki-kun and Kyo had tipped in favor of the gruff neko. In fact, it took Hana-chan pointing out that she was staring at him to make her realize she was acting different. That and Uo-chan mentioning something about `sex in cargo pants' when they came to visit Tohru's residence.
 
Tohru blushed, remembering the conversation that had followed. Uo-chan had taken particular delight in listing out Kyo's . . . assets. To Tohru's further horror, they'd schooled her on some of the finer points of male-female relations.
 
“Tohru-chan must be aware of these things if she is to live in an all-male house,” Hana-chan said in her smooth voice.
 
“Yeah, so when you get him alone, you know how to keep him,” Uo-chan had inserted, laughing at Tohru's red visage.
 
It wasn't until much later that night, lying in bed, that Tohru realized how her friends' words had affected her. Replaying their lurid descriptions of Kyo's body, describing what she could do to him, with him, caused molten warmth to pool in her center. Knowing he was just down the hall, just out of reach, made her ache for him.
 
Things just got worse after that. She got so flustered when he was near, that she could barely look at him anymore. His intense eyes, the graceful way he moved, the curve of his back where it met . . .
 
She was sure that he thought she hated him. He'd gotten more distant, talking to her less and less. Tohru cried inside, but didn't know how to handle all the feelings when he was around. Even worse, Yuki-kun and Shigure-san had picked up on his moodiness, and needled him almost constantly. Tohru never was able to talk to him seriously, as they were never alone.
 
Until tonight.
 
But she was torn. Should she talk to him? Would that help? How do you tell someone that you want them? Hana-chan and Uo-chan had conveniently left that part out.
 
Tohru didn't think she could take the tension much longer. If she could only just do something!
 
She sighed and put the towel on its rack, and examined the now spotless kitchen. It was getting late, maybe she should take a shower and call it a night. She put on her yukata in the guest room, and made her way towards the furo.
 
Tohru stopped at the doorway, hearing the sounds of running water from within. Her heartbeat sped up slightly at the thought of Kyo soaking wet. She was about to turn away, when she noticed the furo door was open the barest fraction. Just enough to see some steam drifting out.
 
Just enough to see in.
 
Heart thudding heavily, Tohru followed her body's urge to look inside.
 
`I shouldn't be doing this.'
 
`But I have to do something.'
 
She peered through the steam, biting her lip at the sight within. Wet Kyo in person was so much better than wet Kyo in her mind. He was facing away from her, the shower spray misting over his chest. His head was thrown back, eyes closed in relaxation. His normally bright orange locks were deep amber, fording rivulets of water that cascaded down his back. Tohru willed herself to look down further, tracing the curves of his rear and thighs with her hungry gaze.
 
Tohru almost passed out when she saw Kyo bring one hand to his front, the other leaning against the wooden furo wall. His stance did not reveal his most intimate part to her eyes, but the motions of his arm spoke to what he was doing. Tohru heated up more and more, the now-familiar heat pooling between her legs.
 
`I shouldn't be watching.'
 
`But I really want him.'
 
A low groan from Kyo shot straight to her. She was about to leave, to rush to her room in embarrassment, when one whispered word from his lips changed everything.
 
“Tohru.”
 
All thought left her. She simply had to answer his call.
 
No, she needed to answer her own.
 
Tohru opened the door.
 
Kyo stood shocked, flushed bright crimson seeing her in the furo.
 
“W-what the hell are you doing in here?” he sputtered, the crack in his voice belying his bluster.
 
Tohru didn't answer, but simply closed the door behind her. Kyo kept himself covered from her, turning his head to take her in.
 
“What are you doing?”
 
She simply smiled, and reached her hand to the yukata belt. Her small fingers picked at the knot, letting the undone ends trail from her hands.
 
“Hey. . .” Kyo said, eyes getting wider.
 
With a pretty blush, Tohru dropped the ends of the belt, and let the yukata pool at her feet. Kyo's eyes seemed to bulge from their sockets at the display. He unconsciously turned towards her, looking stunned at her actions. He backed up a little against the wall as she approached him. His straining erection was a testament to his desire for her.
 
“Kyo,” she said quietly, looking into his unblinking gaze. “Do you want me?”
 
He stared at her a moment. A shaky nod was his reply.
 
She stepped closer, but not too close, and placed one small hand around his hardness. Uo-chan had been fairly explicit in her descriptions, and Tohru wanted to make sure she did this right.
 
Kyo's head banging against the wall with a groan was a good indication she was doing okay. She stroked him gently, from base to tip, exploring the veins and textures of him. Kyo panted lightly at her ministrations, jerking a little when her fingers brushed over the tip.
 
He was so much more beautiful close up. Tohru traced the path of the water running down his chest, carefully leaning in and licking a few beads that caught her eye. His expression was full of pleasure, mouth open and wanting with each stroke.
 
Wanting to give him more, she lowered herself to her knees carefully. Kyo looked down at her with a shocked expression.
 
“Tohru,” he murmured.
 
She cut him off by circling his head with her tongue, tasting the salty moisture that wept from the tip. Her hands gripped his thighs, massaging the thick muscles as she took him into her mouth. She began bobbing up and down his length, taking as much in as she could. A warm hand tangled in her now-wet locks, directing her motions. She drew her hands up his thighs, brushing her thumbs against his sac and caressing them lightly.
 
Kyo jerked with a cry, and a thick salty essence filled Tohru's mouth. She pulled back a bit, surprised at his intensity, but took him in again at the tug of his hand. Only a little of his cum dripped from her lips, the rest swallowed eagerly as part of Kyo.
 
Tohru released him from her mouth, looking up at the beautiful sight in front of her. After a few moments, Kyo pushed away from the wall, and knelt in front of her. His wet hands cradled her face between them.
 
“Why, Tohru?” he asked without hurt or malice.
 
She smiled.
 
“Because I wanted you. And you told me not to hold things inside.”
 
Kyo's eyes darkened at her confession. Hope, realization and acceptance flew across his gaze. He leaned in and took her lips in a passionate kiss. Leaving her breathless, he pulled back to take her in. He stood, pulling her up with him, promise evident in his gaze.
 
“Kyo-kun, Tohru-chan, where are you?”
 
They both froze as `Shisho-san's' gentle voice carried through the house. His voice got closer to the furo door.
 
“Tohru-chan, are you in here?” Kyo nodded at her vigorously.
 
“Uh, y-yes, Shisho-san, I'll be out in a bit.”
 
“Okay. I brought some mochi that Momiji sent for us. Come out when you're done.”
 
Tohru sighed as she heard his steps retreat. She looked at Kyo, somewhat disappointed that they couldn't continue. Kyo grinned widely and leaned in towards her lips.
 
“Don't worry. This isn't over. I still have some things to let out.”
 
His lips swooped in to take hers in another searing kiss, and he swiftly pressed his wet body to hers. Tohru coughed slightly at the resulting puff of smoke. She turned to the door just in time to see Kyo's cat form slink out the doorway. Smiling, she leaned back and enjoyed a few moments of the hot spray.
 
She couldn't wait for Kyo to have his turn.