Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ The Cat And The Mouse ❯ I Love You Too ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Fruits Basket or any of its characters, but I would love to that way there would only be yaoi couples and maybe TooruxKyou,lol.
Warnings: This is a Yaoi/ Shounen ai fic. And I won't have it any other way. As much as it is concerned, most of the fic is PG-13 with occasional R. For mature themes/ sexual content, and language.
Note: I need a beta! So if you like the fic after just the first chapter and is online very often, then please assist!

Chapter Five
I Love You Too
The moment Kyou awoke, he knew that something was out of the ordinary. The smell of tea brewing and food cooking, accompanied by the soft female voice singing slightly off key along to some random pop song that was playing on the radio alerted him to that fact. As he slowly regained his consciousness, his mind registered the owner of that voice and Kyou couldn't help but groan.
"Tooru…Damn it." He mumbled somewhat less than enthusiastically as he rolled out of bed and began to change.
Tooru was probably the last person Kyou wanted to deal with at that moment. If at all possible, she was even more infuriating than Shiguru. He could deal with Shiguru's constant meddling and hassling. Sohma's meddling and hassling was just as intense and annoying. But at least with Tooru, he was pretty sure she was sincere since she was new in the family. Unfortunately, that was something he couldn't say for sure about her.
"Good evening, Kyou!" The soft-spoken brown haired girl dressed in a frilly pink apron sang cheerfully as she looked over at her somber looking Kyou, who had just entered the kitchen. Kyou simply walked past the younger girl and began to pour a cup of tea without acknowledging her.
"Rather cheerful today." Kyou finally answered loud enough for Tooru to hear as he brought the cup to his lips and immediately grimaced. "What are we having today?" He asked as he poured the remaining liquid in the cup down the sink.
"You've been so high strung lately, you and Yuki. And all that extra junk you eat at home is hardly helping your health."
"That's not your concern." Kyou answered, although he knew very well that any protests from him would fall on deaf ears where Tooru and Shiguru were concerned. He sat down at the kitchen table and put his head down to rest his cheek against the smooth surface of the table below.
"Yuki was upset last night. Why?"
"Yuki is a big boy. If I did something to make him upset, he should have come here and told me himself."
"You know he would never be able to do that. He's quite stubborn with hiding his emotions from people. It's one of the charming Sohma traits, after all. You are included." Tooru said with a slightly more than friendly smile as she placed a plate in front of Kyou and sat across from the younger man. Kyou had a couple forkfuls of the vegetables before he got up to grab a soda from the refrigerator to wash the food down with. Tooru simply shook her head.
"Do you care to tell me what happened to make him so upset, Kyou? Or do you want to explain why you were in his bed when I came home. Naked none the less."
"What the!" Kyou nearly gagged on his drink, surprised Tooru went to check on them. Kyou answered bitterly. "What do you mean?"
"What are you hiding Kyou?"
Kyou sighed and rubbed his forehead with his the palm of his hand. He really didn't need to rehash the same conversation again. "There are far more pressing matters that you should be concerning yourself with."
Tooru looked over at him and flashed him her usual smile. Kyou just rolled his eyes in response.
"Are you trying to catch Yuki's cool, for you won't have to go to school?"
"What? Hell no!" Kyou shifted his eyes toward her. If that was what she was thinking he was doing than he had nothing to worry about.
"Good. Because I want to spend the day with you."
Kyou nearly choked on his mouthful of food. "I don't need a fucking babysitter!"
"We'll have lunch in that park that you like to spend time in, and then maybe we can catch a movie later on." Tooru continued, lightly dabbling a napkin against her lips, as if she was completely oblivious to Kyou's obvious disapproval of the idea.
"Will you stop ignoring me for once? I said no! Go back to your work, and leave me in peace!"
"Please Kyou, don't be like this." Tooru said as she continued to give the Kyou the same sickening smile as earlier. And the way she was looking at him made Kyou's stomach turn. Did the she have no shame at all? Is she really hidding the truth of what she thinks. "I told Yuki I would do this. You've been so cold and distant lately. Please, just let me take care of you, just for today. Just for a couple hours at least."
"Go back to work. I don't particularly feel like being sociable right now." Kyou stood up and threw the food that remained on his plate in the trash. He found himself suddenly without an appetite.
"We used to be so close, Kyou. What happened to change all that?"
God, she was still looking at him like that. It made his skin crawl. A member of the family no less!
Kyou sighed, "I'll stay with you until night. Then you leave me alone. And I don't want to discuss any aspect of my personal life with you."
"Fair enough."
"Such a lovely day for a picnic." Tooru commented cheerfully as she sat down on the blanket and began to unpack their food. Kyou simply answered with an inarticulate grunt.
"Would you like a sandwich?"
"I'll pass. I'm not very hungry right now."
Tooru replied with a disapproving glance. "You look pale and appear to be losing weight."
"I said I don't want to discuss anything about me, remember?" Kyou replied as looked to the side, at a bench nearby. It was currently inhabited by a frazzled looking woman who was trying to placate two screaming children that couldn't have been more than four or five years old. He felt like that woman.
"Honestly, Kyou. Sometimes I think that you're just as bad as those two children over there, throwing a temper tantrum and driving your parents to insanity." Kyou didn't bother to acknowledge her words. “Anyway. Please stop punishing yourself because of what happened in the past. You need to let go, Kyou." Tooru said in a tone that was slightly louder than a whisper as she leaned forward and placed a hand on the Kyou's thigh, slightly above his knee.
"What the fuck do you think you're doing? Get your hand off of me!" Kyou jumped back as Tooru approached him in a manner that was far more intimate than he liked. In response, Tooru simply shook her head and looked at Kyou with eyes that projected a look of both sympathy and pity.
"Kyou...I like being around you. I love knowing you agreed to come with me today." Tooru cupped Kyou's chin with her hand and turned his head to face her.
"I need some water…" Kyou said after a long pause.
Tooru stood up. "I'll go buy a bottle for you." She said as she gently placed a hand on Kyou's shoulder. She then hesitated a moment before she leaned down to press a gentle kiss on Kyou's right temple. Kyou didn't respond to the kiss, either positively or negatively.
When Tooru was gone, Kyou fell onto his back and threw an arm over his eyes to shade them from the sun. This day was turning out to be even worse than yesterday. He considered his options. Now that Tooru was becoming more of a liability than a nuisance for him, he pondered the feasibility of moving out of the house. He could train anywhere, there was nothing keeping him there in Japan. Only family that he didn't quite care for much.
Better keep it a secret. He didn't have a doubt in his mind that wherever he moved, Yuki and Shiguru would be commanded to move into a house within 10 kilometers in order to keep a better eye on him.
Now he was hungry, he realized. Kyou opened his eyes and sat up, hoping to grab a quick
bite before Tooru came back but had found that the picnic basket had disappeared.
Kyou looked around, puzzled. What kind of person would wait for him to be off guard before sneaking up and…
"I thought you had lost your appetite Kyou." Tooru swung the basket across her shoulder smiling childishly. "I guess you had a change of heart than?"
Kyou frowned and violently took the basket away from her, "damn girl." He took a large bite out of the apple from the basket.
"Kyou..." Tooru kneeled down close to Kyou, staring at him in the face. Kyou stopped to swallow and then faced her. "I love you...more than Yuki." Immediately Tooru embraced him affectionately. Her arms wrapped tightly around him and she kissed him...
To Be Continued...hahahahaha