Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ The Cat And The Mouse ❯ Unexpected Confeession ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Fruits Basket or any of its characters, but I would love to that way there would only be yaoi couples and maybe TooruxKyou,lol.
Warnings: This is a Yaoi/ Shounen ai fic. And I won't have it any other way. As much as it is concerned, most of the fic is PG-13 with occasional R. For mature themes/ sexual content, and language.
Note: I need a beta! So if you like the fic after just the first chapter and is online very often, then please assist!

Chapter Eight
Unexpected Confession
"You seem rather depressed Honda-san." Uo-chan added, breaking Tooru's silence. She contently smiled toward Uo-chan and shook her head. Rather than expressing her overly happy, goody-goody attitude, Tooru was inwardly discussing about Kyou.(If you can't tell, I don't like Tooru that much, trying to steal Kyou-kun and Yuki-kun away, lol) She glared over at him, still trying to pretend she was listening to her friend's concern over her new attitude. Kyou stared contently thought the window, Tooru sighed.
He's still lingering on that day.
Who could forget it?
It's possible...
What! You practically said you loved him!
But I was to shy to tell him straight out like I should have.
But he knows. He knows how you feel.
Suddenly Kyou felt Tooru's presence, her eyes glued on him. He turned with an empty smiled and waved to her.
But that looks says otherwise...that empty smile. Like an empty promise...it has no value...no effect.
"Wow such pleasant waves whirling around." Hanajima intruded sarcastically. She bluntly fanned herself and then Tooru, "your waves are unusually disturbed, like you are troubled by a thought, Honda-san." She stated looking more curiously at Kyou, once she realized that was where Tooru's attention lied. "Did something happen between you and Sohma-kun?"
"Is that loser pestering you again, You give the word and Hana-chan can Bleep him with electro poison waves." Uo-chan smiled taking Tooru into her arms, "you poor thing, he rejected you didn't he?"
Tooru quickly recoiled, "what! No...well not exactly." She then turned back toward the quiet and lonely Kyou. Before she had another second to admirer him from afar, Yuki came and surprised Kyou from behind. He patted his back and sat beside him with a smile.
Kyou really likes Yuki-kun...
It never crossed me he was gay.
But I always knew they were hiding from each other...and that one day they would find a friendship.
Friendship! That’s the under statement of the century! Kyou is obsessed with Yuki. And Yuki is with Kyou.
Shout up! I had hoped...when Kyou talked to me that day he would have confessed his love to me. But I was so shocked it would be Yuki. To think I was so excited to have Kyou come up to me, to actually strike a conversation. My heart was racing, and all I could think about was...I was going to tell him...about how I truly feel.
-Flashback-
Kyou-kun was downstairs, outside on the porch. While he was doing that, I decided to take the time to explore his room. Then, while I was inspecting his bookshelf, I found another book about martial arts. Well…I had nothing else to do, so I plopped myself down on the floor and started reading. I looked up from the book, only to find Kyou looking at me from the doorway with a cute smile on his face.
“Kyou…Am I really that funny looking?”
“You know, you can be so oblivious sometimes!”
“What? I’m oblivious to what?” I was really confused. (SHE IS SO DUMB SOMETIMES!) He sat down and looked like he was going to say something important.
“Tooru..." We just sat there being silent, until I decided to say something.
“..Hey…Kyou.”
He looked up from his daze and stared at me strangely.
“Yeah?”
I stared down at my feet. “Kyou…I have to tell you something…”
"I kinda already know what you have to say..." When he said that, He had a troubled look on his face.
I decided this wasn’t the best time to tell him. He took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. “Look Tooru! Auugghh! I just don’t know how to tell you!”
I gave him a questioning look and asked him. “How to tell me what?”
“To tell you, I love Yuki! Dammit! Tooru I love Yuki! I’m sorry Tooru…even though I know how you feel…”
I couldn’t see anything through my tears, but I was somewhat glad I couldn’t. I heard him edge closer to me and brushed the tears off my face. “Tooru…I'm sorry it can't be like you want it to.”
I looked up at him and made a weak attempt to smile. “I already knew that. I just didn't want to believe it.”
“I do like you though.”
Then he moved in and gently put his lips on mine. We stayed like that for a few seconds and then our lips parted. I couldn’t restrain myself. I leaped up and embraced Kyou with all my might.
“But I love you more than him!" There was a large POOF and there was Kyou, sitting on my lap. I took one look at him, and couldn’t help saying. “Kyou, you are so cute!”
He looked at me in a drowsy way. “Yeah…yeah…”
"Why does it have to be this way? Why can I never be with you? I know it must work out great for you and Yuki, you two being animals and all, plus you are both boys. So you will never change when you are around Yuki, but its not fair!" Somehow I could only cry, I could feel Yuki laughing at me for being so foolish. But when Kyou spoke again I was heartbroken.
"Tooru...I will always be your friend though...your family." I jumped and slapped him.
"Stupid! I can't believe that! You're so selfish Kyou, to chose one love and then ignore the other!"
-Flashback over-
"I shouldn't have slapped him." Tooru sighed under breath. "I should have been happy with being your friend Kyou...after all, that’s all I wanted in the beginning. All I want was for you to accept me...to like me. But as time progressed I wanted more, forcing you to be stuck in inexcusable situations. I wanted you to love me. Only me."